IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> For those who want bots to use loadout weapons:, Ain't that cool?
Sjru
post Feb 8 2011, 06:05 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,567

I've found this little SM plugin (link, follow instructions on that page) that lets you to force other players to use a certain weapon. This means that it can also be used with bots, which I tested and works.
It needs Sourcemod, if you don't have it, you can find it here.

NOTICE: VISIBLE WEAPONS IS NOT LONGER POSSIBLE

To use, simply read how to use it on the plugin page.

Of course, there are some bugs related to this:

* Loadout weapons textures will fail to load on bots, the result will be that bots will be holding an invisible weapon. (I suppose that is fixable with scripts) but they will be holding the loadout weapons and it's effects Solution below.
* Some weapons cause crashes, most notably those weapons that would require extra coding for the bots to use them (Jarate, sandman, DirectHit, all demoman melee unlockables,etc)

The following weapons have been tested by me, and don't cause related crashes: Brass Beast, Iron curtain, SidneySleeper, Backscratcher, Lock'nload ,Valve scattergun, backburner, Blutsauger, Frontier Justice, Amputator, Candy cane, Jag, KGB, Golden Wrench, Tribalman's shiv, Equalizer, Powerjack, Southern hospitality.

Remember, of the above, bots WILL NOT normally use those weapons unless forced (e: a command). This means that the heavy that spawn with Natascha or Iron Curtain WILL use it until he loses all ammo and is forced to switch to shotgun, after then, even after he collects more ammo he will still battle with the shotgun until the heavy dies. This behaviour is similar to all other weapons, and should be addressed if attempting normal gameplay.
Other notes:
Medic Blutsauger: Locks medics on healing, since they will not switch to the blutsauger and they don't melee.
Engineers melee's (Golden wrench, jag, southern hospitality): They will spawn with those weapons if you do the command, but somehow they will "lose" it after a while.
Soldier's equalizer: Soldier don't move faster when at low health, despite it, they're normally deathly at full health, since bots have abnormal melee critical chance.

Video of the plugin with the bots

I do really think that somebody that knows scripting should address those issues. (Possible, really).
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Sjru   For those who want bots to use loadout weapons:   Feb 8 2011, 06:05 PM
Fillmore   I've found this little SM plugin (link, follo...   Feb 9 2011, 04:59 PM
Sjru   There's a fix from the same chap who made tha...   Feb 10 2011, 03:58 PM
Fillmore   Can you give me a link for that? so I can check i...   Feb 12 2011, 04:26 PM
Sjru   [url=https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php...   Feb 14 2011, 06:02 PM
Fillmore   Norly? It's much easier than you said, I...   Feb 15 2011, 03:15 PM
Sjru   Obviously that's a issue that's caused by...   Feb 15 2011, 04:59 PM
Fillmore   Perhaps we could look into Rcbot's source cod...   Feb 16 2011, 04:52 PM
Sjru   RCbot2 source is linked in these very forums. The...   Feb 21 2011, 01:22 PM
justincase   Is there any way to make the bots wear hats? (Spec...   Jun 8 2011, 02:41 AM
Fillmore   Is there any way to make the bots wear hats? (Spe...   Jun 9 2011, 10:25 AM
justincase   How do you force a bot to use a weapon?   Jun 29 2011, 04:52 AM
Fillmore   How do you force a bot to use a weapon? You need...   Jun 29 2011, 08:46 PM
Sjru   Is there any way to make the bots wear hats? (Spe...   Jul 1 2011, 04:15 PM
genmac   I think this needs a little update and the best sm...   Feb 11 2015, 06:43 AM
Kamaji   I think this needs a little update and the best s...   Jun 25 2015, 04:54 AM
genmac   [img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y15/alencore...   Feb 11 2015, 08:13 AM
genmac   don't use the pack there I posted it's now...   Jun 27 2015, 02:24 AM
Kamaji   don't use the pack there I posted it's no...   Jun 28 2015, 05:32 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th June 2024 - 05:55 AM