Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Possible Bugs or Observed Issues Topic
madmax2
post Dec 7 2018, 07:59 AM
Post #21

RCBot Guru

Group: Waypointers
Member No.: 2,162

Well I went to test my script and somethings not working right? I cleaned it up it now looks like this:

CODE
#WID, prev, entity search, parameter, operator, value
51,     -1,    54,  distance,        >,  150
99,     51,    60,  distance,        >,  200
190,    99,    71,  distance,        >,  179
219,   190,    97,      null,     null,  null
335,   219,   104,     frame,        =,  1
307,   335,   114,  distance,        >,  180

Bots seem to be freezing up when my script is enabled in the spawn room (i'm adding them manually, not from quota)...

developer 1 shows this as soon as bot is added.

CODE
Created bot [m00]3gg
[RCBOT]CheckScriptOperator 14.408648>150
[RCBOT]CheckScriptOperator result is FALSE
[RCBOT]SCRIPT Waypoint 51 BotWaypointScriptResult_Incomplete
[RCBOT]SCRIPT isObjectiveComplete(script.previous_id) != BotWaypointScriptResult_Complete
[RCBOT]SCRIPT Waypoint 99 BotWaypointScriptResult_Previous_Incomplete
[RCBOT]SCRIPT no script found for wpt id 102
[RCBOT]SCRIPT Waypoint 102 BotWaypointScriptResult_Error
[RCBOT]SCRIPT no script found for wpt id 104
[RCBOT]SCRIPT Waypoint 104 BotWaypointScriptResult_Error
[RCBOT]SCRIPT isObjectiveComplete(script.previous_id) != BotWaypointScriptResult_Complete
[RCBOT]SCRIPT Waypoint 190 BotWaypointScriptResult_Previous_Incomplete
[RCBOT]SCRIPT Waypoint 219 BotWaypointScriptResult_Previous_Incomplete

So I thought perhaps this was pointing to the first wpt in the script?

CODE

So I rechecked the first flag with search...

CODE
[RCBOT]54 : env_sprite frame=5.738934 distance = 14.485841    <--- flag is down

[RCBOT]54 : env_sprite frame=4.834347 distance = 183.264664   <--- flag is up

Does that mean I need to increase the distance value closer to say 180 ? But the more I think about it, that appears to be working correctly?

The other thing I noticed that may or may not be related is these errors, it doesn't look right to me unsure.gif :

CODE

So I tried to teleport to wpts 102 & 104, and it just sends me to the wrong wpt a couple wpts away. Teleport_wpt works correctly if I go to known good wpts. Those wpts don't appear to exist!

The important waypoint needs to be within about 100 units of the button near the flag so bots know which button to press.

I believe all are within 100, but I'll double check that...

Request: With old rcbot, I think we could put godmode & notarget on the bots. That would speed up testing objectives greatly... smile.gif

Suggestion: Make scripts readable from the store folder like rcwa, for now i'm making extra copies in the scr folder To protect my modifed ini's. Along the same idea, I believe other AS plugins can use the store folder? You might want have rcbot subfolders in store, to keep modified/saved rcbot files (rcwa & ini) separate?

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Dec 7 2018, 08:28 AM
Post #22

Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

developer 1 shows this as soon as bot is added.

CODE

Created bot [m00]3gg

This looks Okay, its just saying that 14 > 150 is FALSE (distance from flag is not > 150) so the waypoint 51 is an incomplete objective (as flag is still at bottom), and bots should try to go to that one. > 180 might be more correct. But if it works fine, no need to change. Also you could try using "z" instead of distance to make things maybe easier.

The other thing I noticed that may or may not be related is these errors, it doesn't look right to me unsure.gif :

CODE

These are "important" waypoints that haven't been put into the script. Check when teleporting again, does it take you to an important waypoint. If it does, remove the waypoint type "important" or add a line to the script. Either way the "BotWaypointScriptResult_Error" is just saying "bots will ignore this waypoint".

Request: With old rcbot, I think we could put godmode & notarget on the bots. That would speed up testing objectives greatly... smile.gif

Yeah I think that'd be good. Maybe a bot_dont_shoot too so bots don't get hung up trying to attack enemies

Suggestion: Make scripts readable from the store folder like rcwa, for now i'm making extra copies in the scr folder To protect my modifed ini's. Along the same idea, I believe other AS plugins can use the store folder? You might want have rcbot subfolders in store, to keep modified/saved rcbot files (rcwa & ini) separate?

yeah that's what I've also been thinking.... I will move these around tonight
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Dec 7 2018, 10:51 AM
Post #23

RCBot Guru

I partly figured out what is causing the problem. I know why I could not teleport to wpts 102 & 104. They were objective wpts that I added for the old rcbots, so they would exit the spawn room. They are just past the weapons in the spawn room exits which I guess are warpzones. teleporting didn't take me anywhere near the spawn exits. The other reason there are wpts in those exits is the spawn room is not part of the main area, so if I connect a path from one side of the exit to the other side, the path goes sideways into the wall...

The thing I can't explain is this "fix" for the old bots was working for rcbot-AS until I enable the script. Then they either won't leave the spawn room or are very very slow to do so. If I teleport the bots out of the spawn room with the script running, they take off running. If I disable the script, bots will leave the spawn room as I have it waypointed. If I remove the important flags from the 2 waypoints in the warpzones by noclipping underneath, then bots again won't leave the spawn room! This was the same symptom I had with the old rcbots.

For some reason the scripts break my wpt fix here? Maybe I can tweak it, try to get them to jump into the exits some how. Could be a problem without notouch... I'll try tommorrow, unless you can figure out something from the script or code end??? Oh just noticed the time, zzzzzzzzz..... blink.gif
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Dec 7 2018, 11:03 AM
Post #24

Admin

did you connect a path from the spawn room "warpzone" waypoint to the destination. Is it a teleport waypoint? You can try removing the teleport flag if it doesn't help. Use notouch and increase mp_respawnwavetime (i think) to go into observer mode long enough to change the waypoint in the warpzone
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Dec 7 2018, 05:29 PM
Post #25

RCBot Guru

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Dec 7 2018, 03:03 AM) *

did you connect a path from the spawn room "warpzone" waypoint to the destination. Is it a teleport waypoint? You can try removing the teleport flag if it doesn't help. Use notouch and increase mp_respawnwavetime (i think) to go into observer mode long enough to change the waypoint in the warpzone

Just got up blink.gif . I'll have to check the path, it is possible it's not connected all the way thru. If the path to the destination was causing them to miss the exits some, I probably didn't connect it? It's not a teleport wpt, I could try that too? While I was sleeping last night tongue.gif , I thought perhaps they needed to be added to the script somehow, with equal importance? I'll try your suggestions first... Have food shopping to do first though... wink.gif
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Dec 7 2018, 07:09 PM
Post #26

Admin

I've changed the code so it looks in the rcw folder for the scripts or store folder (checks store folder first)

I updated desertcircle.ini

looks like you wrote 99 instead of 100 (at least that's the waypoint ID on my desertcircle rcw) The wpt id must be the 'important' waypoint id. I put the rcw in git too with the ini. I've also changed the distances to use 'z'.

CODE

#WID, prev, entity search, parameter, operator, value
51,     -1,    54,  z,        >,  314
100,     51,    60,  z,        >,  1000
190,    99,    71, z,        >, 558
335,   219,   104,     frame,        =,  1
307,   335,   114,  z,        >,  1109

The waypoints at warp zones are now not important waypoints and have paths to the exits, bots go through them when they spawn. The problem was that because the important waypoints were not in the script and they did not have paths to the exit, they were ignored, and bots couldn't find paths to the other waypoints. so best keeping paths to waypoints via teleports. Also if the teleport is a shortcut you should make it a 'teleport' waypoint. If it isn't a shortcut, no need.
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Dec 7 2018, 10:29 PM
Post #27

RCBot Guru

Yeah, my important wpt is at 99, it's not the wpt at the bottom of the flag pole, its the one just before. Been busy with a couple things today, so just getting back to this... When I saw those important wpts in the warpzones, I thought that might be a problem, but sounds like I didn't have the paths connected all the way through, as well. So when removing the important flags, of course they would just want to camp out in the spawn room. That all make sense now rolleyes.gif .

I will check out what you did and merge in any changes to the wpt that are needed...

I've also changed the distances to use 'z'.

Is z better for some reason, and will distance or z work now?
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Dec 8 2018, 08:13 AM
Post #28

RCBot Guru

After that spawn room issue, I finally got to see them working with a script... smile.gif

Been doing some more testing & tweeking the desertcircle wpt & script. I have them working good at most the flags. And they do work at the switch, but that may need a bit more tweeking? The big problem is at the 1st tower explosives.

This only works for one cycle:

CODE

But i'm not sure if it is causing a problem, except it looks like it breaks the script? I do know they pressed the switch after this, but they went past it a few times before doing so, as if there was no script? I need to test that again... I don't think it should do this?

CODE
[RCBOT]SCRIPT Waypoint 51 COMPLETE (NOT AVAILABLE)
[RCBOT]SCRIPT Waypoint 99 COMPLETE (NOT AVAILABLE)
[RCBOT]SCRIPT Waypoint 190 COMPLETE (NOT AVAILABLE)
[RCBOT]SCRIPT Waypoint 219 COMPLETE (NOT AVAILABLE)   <--- this, 1st tower explosives, null
[RCBOT]SCRIPT Waypoint 307 INCOMPLETE (NOT AVAILABLE)
[RCBOT]SCRIPT Waypoint 335 AVAILABLE  <--- switch
[m00]wh3y blew up.
L 07/12/2018 - 22:55:44: "[m00]c0w<3><BOT><players>" stats: frags="94.44" deaths="12" health="0"
[m00]c0w was killed by a Soldier.
[RCBOT]SCRIPT Waypoint 219 AVAILABLE                 <--- then this
[RCBOT]SCRIPT Waypoint 335 INCOMPLETE (NOT AVAILABLE)    <--- switch I'm certain the switch was not pressed at this time, because I saw it pressed later
[RCBOT]SCRIPT Waypoint 219 AVAILABLE
[RCBOT]SCRIPT Waypoint 335 INCOMPLETE (NOT AVAILABLE)

Also, I think bots might be ignoring some unscripted important wpts when using a script. I removed 219 from the script, and I never saw them go to it after that, and they didn't blow the first tower. I should retest that to be sure that they just are not missing the explosives with their crowbar? They would blow this tower well without a script and my most recent wpt.

Note: wpt 99 works way better for bots raising the 2nd flag...

Thanks for adding this script system, I can see now it will help a great deal... Bots are much better focused on the flags in this map now... smile.gif
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Dec 8 2018, 09:26 AM
Post #29

Admin

bots do ignore unscripted waypoints, if you want bots to always go there just put -1 as the entity index - (but bots will always try to go back even if they cant)

Any way I found an issue, turned out bots preferred to move towards trigger_once's before using momentary buttons, so I've changed the order. I might add this to script.

I hopefully fixed the explosive issue as the entities are now remembered at initialization only, and checked against their current status.

I've added ability to put godmode, notarget on bots now.

Also in the spawn room it might be a good idea to put some more waypoints in so bots can choose either sniper or solder more often based on where they spawn, at the moment theres only one waypoint in the middle of the room and bots spawning near the sniper zone are running towards the soldier one.

+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Dec 8 2018, 03:14 PM
Post #30

Admin

just edited the sc_doc waypoint and added a script for that, you can check it out. (should have really added comments to script)
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Dec 8 2018, 05:29 PM
Post #31

RCBot Guru

Great stuff smile.gif ... I just grabbed the new one... Will try to get desertcircle update released today, hopefully... I'll try to get the script working on the explosives...

Did you use my updated sc_doc rcwa from my pack? It was much better than the previous ones...
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Dec 8 2018, 05:32 PM
Post #32

Admin

QUOTE(madmax2 @ Dec 8 2018, 05:29 PM) *

Great stuff smile.gif ... I just grabbed the new one... Will try to get desertcircle update released today, hopefully... I'll try to get the script working on the explosives...

Did you use my updated sc_doc rcwa from my pack? It was much better than the previous ones...

Hey madmax. Yeah i think it was the latest one . Althoguh i remobed the important waypoints in the wall now as they seem to be doing ok without them with the script.... The momentary door with the wedge is still a bit troublesome though
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Dec 8 2018, 05:40 PM
Post #33

RCBot Guru

Ok, I'll look at that too. So with the momentary buttons fix, wpts don't need to be noclipped into the buttons. Yeah, those were done for the old bots when they couldn't see the buttons. I probably should just remove wpts like that?

Also in the spawn room it might be a good idea to put some more waypoints in so bots can choose either sniper or solder more often based on where they spawn, at the moment theres only one waypoint in the middle of the room and bots spawning near the sniper zone are running towards the soldier one.

Yep, saw that too, done...

I've added ability to put godmode, notarget on bots now.

Thanks smile.gif

Nice, thanks Poka...
|
|
|
\/
+Quote Post
Poka
post Dec 8 2018, 05:42 PM
Post #34

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,314

I made waypoints for the sc_tropical map series. The bots can finish all the maps without problems by themselves. It works fine on Windows listenserver but on my Linux dedicated server the script isn't updating. unsure.gif

Listenserver
CODE

"We have found the Blue key ! We can open all Blue doors !"
[RCBOT]SCRIPT Waypoint 6 COMPLETE (NOT AVAILABLE)
[RCBOT]SCRIPT Waypoint 22 AVAILABLE
[RCBOT]SCRIPT Waypoint 65 INCOMPLETE (NOT AVAILABLE)
[RCBOT]SCRIPT Waypoint 74 INCOMPLETE (NOT AVAILABLE)
[RCBOT]SCRIPT Waypoint 81 ERROR (NOT IN SCRIPT)
[RCBOT]SCRIPT Waypoint 102 INCOMPLETE (NOT AVAILABLE)
[RCBOT]SCRIPT Waypoint 112 INCOMPLETE (NOT AVAILABLE)
[RCBOT]SCRIPT Waypoint 123 INCOMPLETE (NOT AVAILABLE)
[RCBOT]SCRIPT Waypoint 131 INCOMPLETE (NOT AVAILABLE)
[RCBOT]SCRIPT Waypoint 133 INCOMPLETE (NOT AVAILABLE)

Dedicated server
CODE

"We have found the Blue key ! We can open all Blue doors !"
[RCBOT]SCRIPT Waypoint 6 AVAILABLE
[RCBOT]SCRIPT Waypoint 22 INCOMPLETE (NOT AVAILABLE)
[RCBOT]SCRIPT Waypoint 65 INCOMPLETE (NOT AVAILABLE)
[RCBOT]SCRIPT Waypoint 74 INCOMPLETE (NOT AVAILABLE)
[RCBOT]SCRIPT Waypoint 81 ERROR (NOT IN SCRIPT)
[RCBOT]SCRIPT Waypoint 102 INCOMPLETE (NOT AVAILABLE)
[RCBOT]SCRIPT Waypoint 112 INCOMPLETE (NOT AVAILABLE)
[RCBOT]SCRIPT Waypoint 123 INCOMPLETE (NOT AVAILABLE)
[RCBOT]SCRIPT Waypoint 131 INCOMPLETE (NOT AVAILABLE)
[RCBOT]SCRIPT Waypoint 133 INCOMPLETE (NOT AVAILABLE)

Attached File(s)
Attached File  sc_tropical.zip ( 5.67k ) Number of downloads: 2026
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Dec 8 2018, 06:30 PM
Post #35

Admin

Could be the entity index isn't the same. Will need to see how the striper plugin worked for hl and do the same thing. Could be will need to bring back in classname instead of index and some other stuff
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Dec 8 2018, 09:24 PM
Post #36

RCBot Guru

Bad news, explosives/breakables still seem to be a problem. Initially I thought it was working good, it went for several cycles ok, they even did the switch afterwards, but then the breakable became available again. Then I noticed later it again showed COMPLETE (NOT AVAILABLE)! It seems to go back and forth now, and that makes the switch part do the same, but I think its the breakable causing it? It may have to do with bots dieing & respawning, but it didn't seem to track with that, seems more random?

1st tower changed to wpt 452, they crowbar the explosives better, 1st bot does it now

CODE

[RCBOT]SCRIPT ENTITY 97 NOT FOUND
[RCBOT]SCRIPT Waypoint 307 AVAILABLE
[RCBOT]SCRIPT Waypoint 335 COMPLETE (NOT AVAILABLE)
[RCBOT]SCRIPT Waypoint 452 COMPLETE (NOT AVAILABLE)
[m00]wh3y was killed by a Soldier.
L 08/12/2018 - 11:35:56: "MadMax2<5><STEAM_ID_LAN><players>" stats: frags="29.00" deaths="1" health="100"
[RCBOT]SCRIPT Waypoint 452 AVAILABLE
[RCBOT]SCRIPT Waypoint 452 AVAILABLE
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Dec 8 2018, 09:57 PM
Post #37

Admin

did you update to the latest source ? I noticed a bug where the entity would only update once the first bot is added, also it uses "EHandle" now so once the breakable disappears it should stay that way in the code (I would think anyway....) entity indexes get re-used which is why it might flicker in and out. But using the "Ehandle" method it shouldn't do it, so no idea why. Also if you use as_reloadplugins during play it might break the script

edit:

crap noticed the bug -- it was continuously updating the entity when it shouldn't... updated the git

@Poka, are you able to run as_command rcbot.search whilst connected as client on your dedicated server to see what the differences in entity index are?

If there is no pattern I guess for now you'll need to make separate inis for dedicated / listen server
+Quote Post
Poka
post Dec 8 2018, 10:25 PM
Post #38

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Dec 8 2018, 11:57 PM) *

@Poka, are you able to run as_command rcbot.search whilst connected as client on your dedicated server to see what the differences in entity index are?

On listenserver for example the first func_button is
CODE

[RCBOT]371 : func_button frame=0 distance = 41.510525 (x=-752,y=-1552,z=-380)

and on dedicated 371 is
CODE

[RCBOT]371 : func_wall frame=0 distance = 1589.815918 (x=-1815,y=-2241,z=-298)

So yeah thats the problem
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Dec 8 2018, 10:28 PM
Post #39

Admin

QUOTE(Poka @ Dec 8 2018, 10:25 PM) *

On listenserver for example the first func_button is
CODE

[RCBOT]371 : func_button frame=0 distance = 41.510525 (x=-752,y=-1552,z=-380)

and on dedicated 371 is
CODE

[RCBOT]371 : func_wall frame=0 distance = 1589.815918 (x=-1815,y=-2241,z=-298)

So yeah thats the problem

are you able to find the entity index of the button ? ....and some others to see if there is any pattern? Also what kind of dedicated server is it? windows or Linux?
+Quote Post
Poka
post Dec 8 2018, 10:57 PM
Post #40

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Dec 9 2018, 12:28 AM) *

are you able to find the entity index of the button ? ....and some others to see if there is any pattern? Also what kind of dedicated server is it? windows or Linux?

CODE

371 -> [RCBOT]375 : func_button frame=0 distance = 1800.630371 (x=-752,y=-1552,z=-380)
374 -> [RCBOT]378 : func_button frame=0 distance = 807.25647 (x=-1688,y=-3360,z=-380)
376 -> [RCBOT]380 : func_button frame=0 distance = 2159.506592 (x=-1880,y=-1448,z=-588)

Yeah theres definitely a pattern smile.gif The first values are from listenserver on Windows and the latter from dedicated server on linux.

The first value the search was able to find on the dedicated server was

CODE

[RCBOT]5 : player frame=3.457172 distance = 0 (x=-881.473328,y=-3347.683838,z=-347.96875)

so it skips the first 4 ones for some reason

Actually now that I think about it, my dedicated server has always 4 bots running so are they counted towards the index too?

Tried adding one more bot (5 total plus me) and now I also got all the player entities correctly
CODE

[RCBOT]1 : player frame=156.495102 distance = 1151.827637 (x=-1170.932861,y=-2341.823242,z=-347.96875)
[RCBOT]2 : player frame=24.04043 distance = 1121.362793 (x=-581.648376,y=-2306.43335,z=-347.96875)
[RCBOT]3 : player frame=28.526785 distance = 1730.447754 (x=-1469.914429,y=-1840.262695,z=-347.96875)
[RCBOT]4 : player frame=145.006577 distance = 1294.488281 (x=-1468.301636,y=-2336.510742,z=-347.997498)
[RCBOT]5 : player frame=255.729248 distance = 0 (x=-752.03125,y=-3414.776367,z=-347.96875)
[RCBOT]6 : player frame=123.813286 distance = 1115.819824 (x=-893.496643,y=-2307.960449,z=-347.96875)

and the button is still

CODE

[RCBOT]375 : func_button frame=0 distance = 1863.051758 (x=-752,y=-1552,z=-380)

so that wasnt the problem
+Quote Post

6 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:05 AM