IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> [Release] Crystal 1 & 2 waypoints, Crystal Series rcw's for sc4.8 (sc4.7, 4.6, & 4.5)
madmax2
post Aug 3 2013, 10:08 PM
Post #1

RCBot Guru

Group: Waypointers
Member No.: 2,162

I present to all the RCbot fans out there, the Crystal Series waypoints for Sven-Coop...
-----------------------------------------------
[Edit 9-7-13]

Another Update to Crystal 1 posted in pack3...

Crystal1 = Release3
Crystal2 = Release2 (no changes)
-----------------------------------------------
New updated rcw's released for Sven-Coop v4.8 and the latest rcbot, ONLY... Both maps can be completed by a single player without using cheats now. The new rcw's require sc4.8 and the latest rcbot release to work properly. The original rcw's are included in the pack too.

Get the current RCbot dll here: http://rcbot.bots-united.com/downloads/rcb...rapple_upd2.zip

Thanks to Cheeseh for all the improvements to the bots, making it possible to play these maps properly...

Highlights & Changes:

Teleporting bots is no longer required to complete either map (just for the secret areas in crystal2, which are optional).

Bots use both lifts in crystal 1, with player help/control. It's easier to either send or bring bots up the lift without crushing bots. The lifts are the control point now, for playing the puzzle section.

Bots can grapple in crystal2. They will use the barnacle gun in parts 2 & 3 of the puzzle area. The first grapple part & jumps have been waypointed, but I have it disabled for now, to work on some issues with it.

See the included readme's for more information on how to play the maps with the new rcbots.

I still recommend playing crystal2 in the same order as before, combat, puzzle, then final area. The rcw is intended to work that way with the bots...

I have repacked the first rcw's with the original readme's & spoilers.txt, too. For anyone who really wants to play an older version of the mod with rcbot 4.7 or older. Or there is info not in the new readme's that would be useful if you have any problems completing the maps in sc4.8. Much of it still applies to sc4.8, except using cheats to play the main parts of the maps. The old stuff is in a sub folder.

Both play well, and should be public server friendly now...

Original Post for sc4.7 & older:
NOTICE 8-23-13: The crashing issue in sc 4.8 has been fixed. Also, Cheeseh has fixed the mounted turrets issue with crystal 1, and added new features smile.gif ... With the new rcbot dll, you no longer need to cheat in crystal 1, just add more bots if you lose some in the puzzle room. I'll be updating the rcw's to take advantage of the new features (barnacle gun/grapple, etc.).

See here: http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index....amp;#entry12224

Download the latest rcbot dll for these maps here:
http://rcbot.bots-united.com/downloads/rcb...rapple_upd2.zip

The pack includes crystal.rcw, crystal2.rcw, readme.txt's for each map, and a spoilers.txt

Well, I finally got the rcws to the point where I could release them smile.gif . It seemed to take forever. I started this project 2 months ago, and had to do tons of tweaking, testing, & adjustments to get to this point... I'm definately ready to let it go for a while and move on to other things... But when Cheeseh finds the time to add a barnacle/grapple waypoint for the bot, I'll be happy to update crystal2... smile.gif

I built the rcw's on sc4.7, but since there have been no major changes to the maps since sc4.5, it should work on 4.5 thru 4.8. It was tested with two rcbot dll's, from the RCBot1_SC47_release_dll.zip & rcbot_mm_sc47_3.7z.

I think I covered all the details in the txt files in the zip package... But there are a few things I should mention.

First, I did a complete play test last night of both maps (sc4.7), and it all worked well and was fun. This is a good map series, and unlike what others have said, I think i like crystal2 the most... I played all the way though crystal 1 with 2 bots, and added 3rd bot about half way through crystal2 (jumping puzzle area)... finishing with 3 bots... It took about 1.5 hours... I was in no hurry, so it could possibly be done faster?

Bots cannot do everything in these maps, but can do many things, and will make it possible for a single player to play the maps with very little cheating. Yes, i said cheating! Some small amount of cheating is needed on each map when playing single player. If you have 2 players and 2 bots lets say, then crystal2 can be played without cheats. crystal 1 still needs cheating because of the mounted turrets bug that still exists in rcbot's code, on this map.

Bots know how to use most all the shortcuts, but they won't activate all of them, the player will need to activate some...

I highly recommend you look at the readme's in the pack before playing. There is important things to know before you start. Things like:

You need to know how to TELEPORT a bot to a new location... In both maps, single player...

For Crystal 1, you will likely need to use the RCbot MASSIVE EXPLOSION cheat... to destroy inactive mounted turrets... [edit] Not needed now, with the latest rcbot 4.8 dll

There are tips too. Such as banging your crowbar to get the bots attention, and to get them doing things, like in puzzles...

For crystal2, I recommend the areas be done in a specific order for best performance, because of the way I waypointed it...

I recommend 3 bots for a first game on both maps with single player, then adjust up or down according to your preference. When you get to the final battle of crystal2, you might want to add one more bot, lots of strong enemies there...

If you have 2 players, 2 bots should be enough, and you won't need to teleport bots in either map, unless you just want to..

Please don't look at the spoilers.txt, until you have played a couple times, it reveals where the secret areas are. They are not easy to complete, and will ruin the flow of the game for you. So they should be done separately, i think... If you have a lot of trouble completing the puzzle section of crystal2, the spoilers.txt has additional detailed tips on how to play though it with the bots...

Have fun wink.gif ,
madmax2

Crystal Series rcw's Release3 and Release1 are included...

Attached File(s)
Attached File  crystal_1_2_rcw_pack3.zip ( 45.4k ) Number of downloads: 502
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:54 PM