IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> dm_office_construct
VSG
post Apr 9 2020, 10:25 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,602

So this is the new map created by @Arvi, a quite standard map that has 2 floors featuring big indoor areas with many rooms, vents and ladders communicating some places, a small outdoor area with a couple of planks giving passage to the inside, and...a secret teleporter.

I'm not sure this one could very "waypointable" though, because of those said vents and teleporter. Worse yet, some of the doors have to be opened manually, and some of the windows are filled with glass, too...

GameBanana - Arvi's map

Greetings @madmax2.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
VSG
post May 29 2020, 12:20 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,602

Fantastic reworking @madmax2, after testing the waypoints are a lot more clever now! smile.gif

Issues with ladders are less frequent now, yeah, I think some of the teamplay problems are evident compared with later Valve mp games... this one didn't have a careful development as later games, such as DoD:S and TF2, actually known glitches were never officially fixed. The solid bots might be a result?

And also the fact that TDM was never as popular as the pure DM, I have seen some map remakes like dm_crossfire not even thinking about teamplay spawns, so it's impossible to have the rcbots working on TDM on several "competitive" (back in the day) maps. Fortunately not the case with stock maps.

Did not see any bots stuck in world spawn either so far, abundancy of props are troublesome in general for bots on all maps, specially in closed small areas, I think it's going to be ok anyway, loved the new movement options! The bots are not using vents and this makes them get stuck much less.

Anyway I've been a bit inactive last week (ending of lockdown here, breathing some fresh air!) and today I added the map to the server with the waypoints, will check if any issue arises after some time, by listening players reports. We have all stock maps, plus 4 custom (now 5).

IPB Image

And will be giving a little help again to the rcbot2 development cause!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:14 AM