Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The story so far, bots working. More or less
Liss Olefract
post Sep 10 2015, 01:15 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,407

Ok,

I installed CentOS 7 and Dod:S dedicated server. It came with a wrapper thats called dodserver and that is based on tmux. Build by some bloke. He calls it Linux Source Game Manager wich is basically a wrapper. When you install the thing, it leaves with a /home/<your_name> base directory in which the dodserver script is installed, everything else goes in the directory serverfiles. Anyway, I installed both meta and source mod and rcbots. Now its gets a bit fuzzy. Accoording to the console output, the rcbots command get executes twice due to the fact that I probably start the plugin using the rcbots.vdf method (in dod/addons directory) as well as the 'standard(?) method of which I actually don't know how it works.
Probably starts the .so file somehow. But it loads, sort of because the waypoint can't be loaded. The server complains about not findfing or not being able to open the waypoint file and then it says something about rw mode. No idead what that means (actually I do know that it means, but is makes no sense because all the waypoint files are rwxrwx--- and owned by the proper user).
But here is the thing. When I start a game (connect to my server that is) I am able to add bots by means of the rcbot addbot command but the bots I create don't move; all they do is turn around a bit. But when I, using the admin mod, change a map and then add bots, then it works and the bots go off and killing each other and having a ball biggrin.gif . When I drop from the server, the bots disappear.
So it works. More or less. Any thoughts anyone?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Nightc0re
post Sep 10 2015, 08:13 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 2,397

QUOTE(Liss Olefract @ Sep 10 2015, 03:15 PM) *
But it loads, sort of because the waypoint can't be loaded. The server complains about not findfing or not being able to open the waypoint file and then it says something about rw mode.

Hi Liss,

Is this the same thing we already discussed in my thread?
If yes, here are a few suggestions.

@File Not Found
Let me explain it in more detail.
If I start the server with this command:
./dod_server/srcds_run -console -debug -game dod -maxplayers 24 -port 27015 +sv_lan 1 +log on +map dod_Avalanche

I get this output:
CODE
Level "dod_Avalanche" has been loaded
[RCBot] file not found/opening error 'rcbot2/waypoints/dod_server/dod/dod_Avalanche.rcw' mode rb
[RCBot] Trying to create folder 'rcbot2/' failed
[RCBot] Trying to create folder 'rcbot2/waypoints/' failed
[RCBot] Trying to create folder 'rcbot2/waypoints/dod_server/' failed
[RCBot] Trying to create folder 'rcbot2/waypoints/dod_server/dod/' failed
[RCBot] failed to make folders for rcbot2/waypoints/dod_server/dod/dod_Avalanche.rcw

This is because the file "dod_Avalanche.rcw" does not exist. The file is called "dod_avalanche.rcw".
But, if I start the server with this command:
./dod_server/srcds_run -console -debug -game dod -maxplayers 24 -port 27015 +sv_lan 1 +log on +map dod_avalanche

Everything is working fine smile.gif

@Admin Mode
Not sure what you mean with "Admin Mode", but if you are changing the level with the server command "changelevel dod_Avalanche" the same thing will happen again.
If you are using this command "changelevel dod_avalanche", everything is working fine.

If you are using Upper Case Letters in your level name, the server will not find the waypoints.
This is because Linux is searching the files case-sensitively. dod_Avalanche.rcw and dod_avalanche.rcw are two different files in Linux.

I assume that your initial startup command is using Upper Case Letters and your "Admin Mode" is using lower case letters.
Therefore it doesn't work after starting the server. Afterwards the "Admin Mode" is using the correct lower case level name.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is probably the reason why it works after the map change via the "Admin Mode".

@Duplicate Plugins:
It's impossible with meta mod, that the same plugin gets loaded twice.
You can check this with the command "meta list".
meta list
Listing 3 plugins:
[01] RCBot2 (1.0.0.0) by Cheeseh
[02] SourceMod (1.7.2) by AlliedModders LLC
[03] SDK Tools (1.7.2) by AlliedModders LLC

Even if you are trying to load the same plugin again, you get this:
meta load addons/rcbot2/HPB_bot2_meta
Plugin "RCBot2" is already loaded as 1.

If you want to check the native plugins you can use "plugin_print". It should only show Meta Mod.
plugin_print
Loaded plugins:
---------------------
0: "Metamod:Source 1.10.4"
---------------------

I hope this covers your questions smile.gif
I something is unclear, don't hesitate to write back.

Best regards
+Quote Post
Liss Olefract
post Sep 11 2015, 08:59 AM
Post #3

Yes,

This is the same topic. I understand upper/lower case importance and the wrapper scipt (dodserver) had the startmap dod_anzio hardcoded with a capital A, so thats why it didn't work. I have that corrected now. Al I need to figure out now is:
1) how to populate the server with bots at the server start and
2) how to prevent the server to turn into tumbleweed city the second I disconnect from the server (all bots that I manually added with rcbot addbot disconnect). A little help would be appreciated

regards,

Liss
+Quote Post
Nightc0re
post Sep 11 2015, 01:07 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Liss Olefract @ Sep 11 2015, 10:59 AM) *
Yes,

This is the same topic. I understand upper/lower case importance and the wrapper scipt (dodserver) had the startmap dod_anzio hardcoded with a capital A, so thats why it didn't work. I have that corrected now. Al I need to figure out now is:
1) how to populate the server with bots at the server start and
2) how to prevent the server to turn into tumbleweed city the second I disconnect from the server (all bots that I manually added with rcbot addbot disconnect). A little help would be appreciated

regards,

Liss

Create a "server.cfg" in your config folder here: "dod_server/dod/cfg/server.cfg".
This config gets executed everytime after a map is loaded.

Add these commands to the config:
rcbotd config min_bots 5
rcbotd config max_bots 10

rcbotd must be used on the server console to control the bots.
The bots should stay on your server after you disconnect.

If you want to add/kick bots, based on the human players, I've written a SourceMod plugin, that I can share with you, if you want.

In both cases you need to join the server at least once.
Otherwise the server is hibernating, and no bots are joining.

Best regards
+Quote Post
Liss Olefract
post Sep 11 2015, 01:30 PM
Post #5

Well, I am pleased to say: it bloody works! Thanks for all the help (and patience) to get this working. Learned a lot about Linux and scripting (stuff I was already beginning to forget, so its not only fun & games). Again, thnkk so much for you help Nightc0re and happy fraggign to all of us. Good luck with your thesis too.

sincerly,

Liss
+Quote Post
Nightc0re
post Sep 11 2015, 02:32 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Liss Olefract @ Sep 11 2015, 03:30 PM) *
Well, I am pleased to say: it bloody works! Thanks for all the help (and patience) to get this working. Learned a lot about Linux and scripting (stuff I was already beginning to forget, so its not only fun & games). Again, thnkk so much for you help Nightc0re and happy fraggign to all of us. Good luck with your thesis too.

sincerly,

Liss

You are welcome.
Have a nice day and good luck with your thesis too smile.gif
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:53 PM