IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Are there gonna be a fix for Standalone Servers?
SuperHebbe
post Feb 18 2007, 06:53 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,040

Hi

After several hours trying to make the bot shoot on my server, I got a tip that the RCBot2 only worked on Steam Dedicated Servers :/ So I did a test and installed the BOT on the Steam Server and they worked very nicly biggrin.gif The only thing is that I can't use the Steam Listen server cause it generates to much choke and lag, so I wonder if there will be a RCBot2 update for a lot of us not using the steam server...
BTW: The unreachable waypoint generates a jump waypoint even if it says it dosn't
AHh, and another thing, Mästerkatten said he knew how to control the weapons and armour of the BOTs, and he will get in touch wink.gif

Please, please make a fix for HLDS biggrin.gif

Thanks

SuperHebbe
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Katten
post Feb 18 2007, 07:32 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 1,041

Hi

Yes, if there is need for code that fetch the ammo and weapons status for a player in a fairly stable way I may give a hand. I'm making the hl2 versions of sc_protect, the spawn and chat protection plugin, and there have the need to record and undo ammo pickup during protection. Btw, I think I just may have figured out why protection crasches the bots smile.gif Possibly bots can't handle receiving messages as they are shooting at protected players and told so...

Mästerkatten

+Quote Post
Salvax
post Feb 19 2007, 01:24 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,034

i mostly hope u guys could let BOTs fire SMG Grenade and AR2 Ball (enable BOTs right click function)

i tried in console:
CODE
give weapon_smg1 grenade
give weapon_ar2 ball

and no errors...

then i edited the .ini files of the bots :

CODE
weapon = weapon_smg1 grenade
weapon = weapon_ar2 ball

but not working...
+Quote Post
SuperHebbe
post Feb 21 2007, 08:03 PM
Post #4

Cheeseh? are you there man? tongue.gif
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Feb 21 2007, 08:49 PM
Post #5

Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(SuperHebbe @ Feb 21 2007, 08:03 PM) *

Cheeseh? are you there man? tongue.gif

I don't know what you are asking exactly ???

the bots work fine on a listen server, there was like a gap of two days that the bot didn't work on a listen server, have you updated it since then?

If they are cauing too much CPU load, how many bots are you adding?? What is your CPU spec?? If you have a multiprocessor machine you could run the bot on a dedicated server and log into it using the client on the same machine making use of more than one processor core. I've used the bots on listen server and dedicated server, and dedicated server + connecting from client, without much lag at all.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
SuperHebbe
post Feb 22 2007, 05:39 AM
Post #6

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Feb 21 2007, 09:49 PM) *

I don't know what you are asking exactly ???

the bots work fine on a listen server, there was like a gap of two days that the bot didn't work on a listen server, have you updated it since then?

If they are cauing too much CPU load, how many bots are you adding?? What is your CPU spec?? If you have a multiprocessor machine you could run the bot on a dedicated server and log into it using the client on the same machine making use of more than one processor core. I've used the bots on listen server and dedicated server, and dedicated server + connecting from client, without much lag at all.

Hi again...
I don't know what a listen server are..
I use this server here: target="_blank">http://storefront.steampowered.com/downloa...supdatetool.exe
I have a P4 2.8 CPU and I tried to add 1-7 bots... They was added but not shooting... Only stood there with the GG.
There is no version info of RCBot2 when typing plugin_print, but I'm quite sure it is the v2.06 Build 8 I was testing...
I will check when I get home from work later today smile.gif
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Feb 22 2007, 08:30 AM
Post #7

Admin

A listen server is a server running from the client.

I can't use the Steam Listen server cause it generates to much choke and lag
what were you meaning here?

"rcbot_ver" shows the bot version
+Quote Post
SuperHebbe
post Feb 22 2007, 01:33 PM
Post #8

Back from work now and I have this version: 2.06 Alpha (BUILD Feb 16 2007-01:03:36)
Is there any newer version?
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Feb 22 2007, 02:06 PM
Post #9

Admin

no I think that's the latest. Perhaps you could enlighten me and elaborate on your problem tongue.gif
+Quote Post
SuperHebbe
post Feb 22 2007, 02:39 PM
Post #10

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Feb 22 2007, 03:06 PM) *

no I think that's the latest. Perhaps you could enlighten me and elaborate on your problem tongue.gif

Well, if you have read my first post my problem is posted there, but I can post it once more tongue.gif

Bots spawns fine, but they don't shoot or move... That is my problem...
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Feb 22 2007, 04:28 PM
Post #11

Admin

I don't know I'm rather stumped right now. They are running around and shooting with me and a few others. Do you have waypoints for the map you are running? That means you also need the waypoints folder in Steamapps/<email>/rcbot2/waypoints/<mod name>/<mod game name> with the waypoints (.rcw files) in it
+Quote Post
userid_ivan
post Feb 22 2007, 04:49 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 1,047

I have me too this problem with Standalone Dedicated server (not Source dedicated server with Steam but the standalone one: HLDSUpdatetool)
In teamplay gamemode bots are spawning and walking correctly but they don't shoot.. They walk only with gravity gun in hand.. If you shoot at them, they turn and watch you, but then nothing, they turn around and start to walk again.
In Deathmatch mode they spawn only and nothing else.
Waypoint files are in C:\Valve\HLServer\rcbot2\waypoints\hl2ds\hl2mp
srcds.exe file is in C:\Valve\HLServer\hl2ds
HL2DM is in C:\Valve\HLServer\hl2ds\hl2mp
config, waypoints and profile are loaded correctly.. Maybe Standalone dedicated server are not supported yet? only source dedicated server coming from steam?
+Quote Post
SuperHebbe
post Feb 22 2007, 05:19 PM
Post #13

QUOTE(userid_ivan @ Feb 22 2007, 05:49 PM) *

config, waypoints and profile are loaded correctly.. Maybe Standalone dedicated server are not supported yet? only source dedicated server coming from steam?

Exactly my point too.. Me + you and 3 other admins have tested this on their servers and with the same results. No action from the bots...
Not to be rude or anything but I don't think the cheesy dude ever tested the bots on standalone dedicated servers...

+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Feb 22 2007, 05:36 PM
Post #14

Admin

Ah right. Standalone server I get you now (using HLDS update tool right? and not through steam) you should have told me that tongue.gif ! Not to be rude either but ivan gave me more info about the problem by showing more details.

I never used that server hence couldn't test, so no wonder it doesn't work !!.

They support the STEAM dedicated server and STEAM listen server, not standalone right now.
I will add that soon.

I just need to add the hl2ds & hl2mp as a valid bot Modification with HL Deathmatch setting to the bot code
+Quote Post
SuperHebbe
post Feb 22 2007, 05:56 PM
Post #15

Well so get your cheesy fingers out of your butt and start fixing the dll laugh.gif
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Feb 22 2007, 06:57 PM
Post #16

Admin

well...

first I need some information on standalone servers. Is HL2 deathmatch always installed into "C:\Valve\HLServer\hl2ds\hl2mp" or can you select the folder, i.e. can <hl2ds> or <hl2mp> be different on other peoples machines ? (Because if any of those a variable, its a lot more work)

whoa edit

have you tried renaming hl2ds folder to "source dedicated server"

...to see what I mean (temporary solution)
+Quote Post
SuperHebbe
post Feb 22 2007, 07:31 PM
Post #17

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Feb 22 2007, 07:57 PM) *

well...

first I need some information on standalone servers. Is HL2 deathmatch always installed into "C:\Valve\HLServer\hl2ds\hl2mp" or can you select the folder, i.e. can <hl2ds> or <hl2mp> be different on other peoples machines ? (Because if any of those a variable, its a lot more work)

whoa edit
have you tried renaming hl2ds folder to "source dedicated server"
...to see what I mean (temporary solution)

Well , the servers could be anywhere, but it always has the hl2mp as the last main folder...
My path are: E:\HLServer\Server\hl2mp

To get the RCBot2 to start I had to put the dll here: E:\HLServer\Server\bin
and the config files here E:\HLServer\rcbot2

I'll try the renaming of E:\HLServer\Server\hl2mp to E:\HLServer\Source Dedicated Server\hl2mp to see if that is gonna work, and I 'll get back to you wink.gif

+Quote Post
SuperHebbe
post Feb 22 2007, 08:01 PM
Post #18

WOW, renaming worked biggrin.gif And no crashes with the spawn protection too biggrin.gif I'm soooo happy now wink.gif Thanks a lot cheesy dude biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
MistaP
post Feb 24 2007, 09:51 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 1,051

Hello,

I am trying to setup using the scrds standalone dedicated server. I have the setup so the plugin is running, but when i add a bot, its not using the profile. Am I right in thinking i can use "rcbotd addbot" and it will try to use the profiles? Or do you use another cmd? Also, I'm not sure that I have the rcbot2 folder in the right place, so where should it go? Here is my pathway: C:\srcds\hl2mp. I've tried putting the folder in various places and still not working. Also, do the waypoints in the waypoints folder automatically load up when that map is run? Or do I have to manual type a cmd each time for them to be used? If so, than what exactly is the cmd? Specific answers please as I am newb at this. Thanks.
+Quote Post
SuperHebbe
post Feb 25 2007, 12:39 AM
Post #20

QUOTE(MistaP @ Feb 24 2007, 10:51 PM) *

Hello,
I am trying to setup using the scrds standalone dedicated server. I have the setup so the plugin is running, but when i add a bot, its not using the profile. Am I right in thinking i can use "rcbotd addbot" and it will try to use the profiles? Or do you use another cmd? Also, I'm not sure that I have the rcbot2 folder in the right place, so where should it go? Here is my pathway: C:\srcds\hl2mp. I've tried putting the folder in various places and still not working. Also, do the waypoints in the waypoints folder automatically load up when that map is run? Or do I have to manual type a cmd each time for them to be used? If so, than what exactly is the cmd? Specific answers please as I am newb at this. Thanks.

If your path are C:\srcds\hl2mp the rcbot2 folder should be here C:/rcbot2
BTW: Is your BOT shooting? Cause I had to rename my folder to make them shoot...
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 04:01 PM