Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rcbot 2 for TF 2 crash
Dan
post Feb 8 2009, 05:16 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,467

Hello to all the bot enthusiasts and many thanks to Cheeseh for the RCbot!

I have downloaded and installed rcbot 2 0.4 for TF 2 and I have the following problem:

When I get into the game’s (TF2) menu I type plugin_load "..\bin\HPB_Bot2" in the console and it says the plugin is loaded. I start a game on ctf_2fort and then I select to be on the blue team. I type rcbot addbot and a bot gets added on the red team. It runs very well – shoots, takes your intelligence, etc. Then I type rcbot addbot again and it adds another red bot. Then I type rcbot addbot and the game crashes. The same thing repeats when I restart the game.

Then I restart TF2 and again repeat the steps, but choose the red team. And when I type rcbot addbot the game crashes instantly this time.

Then again I restart the game and this time I try to add bots with the class and team commands, for ex. Rcbot adddbot 4 2 and etc. This time the game does not crash, but all the blue team bots enter as spectators while the red team bots enter normally and play very well.

I run the orange box TF 2 on Vista.

I cannot understand if this is a directory problem or something with the game?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Frenzy
post Feb 8 2009, 09:52 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,458

I had the same problem with my vista 64-bit OS running orange box tf2, I downloaded a non-steam version of tf2 and it worked.
+Quote Post
Dan
post Feb 8 2009, 10:21 PM
Post #3

Thanks Frenzy! I’ll try that now and post the result.
+Quote Post
Dan
post Feb 10 2009, 01:57 PM
Post #4

Here’s an update on what I did:

I was able to install two different no steam versions of TF 2 and add the bots. Both of them crashed as soon as I typed plugin_load "..\bin\HPB_Bot2" in the console. Then I changed the bot_mods.ini file so the steam dir would match the new one and voila! I could now add all the bots I want on the no steam TF 2 without any errors. But when they entered the game they stood still. I immediately recognized this to be a waypoints issue. I moved the created waypoints in rcbot2 to a new dir (it was created by itself in rcbot2\waypoints) and now the bots run fine.

These are excellent bots. Now I can practice new classes when off line. Thank you for your help!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:51 AM