Reply to this topicStart new topic
> dod_cherbourg, new waypoint released
YuriFR
post Jan 10 2016, 10:41 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,318

Hello! I announce a new waypoint: dod_cherbourg.

One classic map ! The map is 100% covered by routes and plenty of places to ambush and defense.
The waypoint has been extensively tested!

also check in "Waypoints": http://rcbot.bots-united.com/
(shortcut by date: http://rcbot.bots-united.com/waypoints.php?sort=date&show=rcbot2dods)

Map downloaded from:

http://dods.gamebanana.com/maps/21636

http://www.17buddies.net/17b2/View/Map/155..._cherbourg.html

I take this opportunity to make a few comments to mr. Cheeseh:

1- I noticed that in defending positions in the vicinity of a capture-flag, with the positions set for the same area of capture-flag, bots do not seek to FIRST capture the flag of the opponent, and only then defend it LATER (using these surrounding positions). I suggest adding a conditional variable: "IF the defensive positions are set to the same area of ​​the enemy's capture flag, THEN first capture the flag and use their defense positions LATER". Otherwise bots will defend a flag belonging to enemy ... (this happened to me)

2- Putting top-priority for the command "I need backup" when the bot is positioned on a double-capture flag, as already I see cases in which a bot call for reinforcement in these flags and his companions went around and did not meet the request - and the match was lost because this flag was not captured by two bots, in time.

3- Very often the bots go through that of a bot friendly fire-line, causing death by "friendly fire." In real fighting this can really happen, but not so often ... I suggest that bots halt fire immediately so a bot-friend through his field of vision (or his sights). Or: to program the bots so that they are not shooting with the opponent in front of another bot-friend. A combination of the two solutions can be attempted.

4- If I'm not mistaken, I noticed the following behavior, probably relate to "sprint waypoints": when the bots traveling by this type of waypoint and they are tired, they slow down the velocity. When in slow down, they also stop to shoot against enemies (this is the "bug"). Because do not react, bots are slaughtered because of this behavior. I think the decrease speed must be maintained when they are tired, but the lack of reaction to the enemy (while browsing) must be corrected.

5- The bots rarely throw smoke grenades against machineguns and snipers position. I suggest putting one variable controllable by the "config.ini" specifying a scale of 0 to 100 (or 0 to 10), to the user, regulating the intensity with which you want the bots throwing smoke grenades - by the way: an equal scale to the case of the normal grenades would be good too.

6- I have mentioned somewhere in the forum, but I repeat because the following behavior remains: the bots with MGs (machineguns) insist on fighting hand-to-hand struggle with these heavy weapons (which are poor in accuracy at close range, unlike pistols, which would be more ideal).
When two enemy bots are very close, they do not use knives, spade or punches (and even pistols...), and continue using the main armament (eg: MG or rifle). Please fix it (or tell me how do I fix it in my Rcbots...).

Question to mr. genmac:

1. You have created the dod_rouen waypoint, which is a map that I very like. But the waypoint is "0.75 beta" version. The bots do everything bots of version 1.0 do? If the answer is no (do not do), I ask you to allow me to update the dod_rouen waypoint and repost it officially - this if you do not want to do this work in the future ...

THANK YOU SO MUCH! wink.gif

[I using google-translator, sorry for any misunderstanding...]
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
genmac
post Jan 11 2016, 12:22 AM
Post #2

RCBot Guru

Group: Waypointers
Member No.: 2,098

Good work!

As for dod_rouen wpts, I'll check it out later today if I see any problem running it on current versions but as for now just try to load it up it should work as rcbots doesn't have any big issues on older wpts made on older rcbot betas. Some stock maps wpted by Cheeseh himself still works well since they where made on much older betas.
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Jan 11 2016, 11:01 PM
Post #3

RCBot Guru

Member No.: 2,162

Hey Yuri,

Thanks for the waypoint smile.gif, I've been wanting to play this map for a long time, the map looks very well made. I'll give your waypoint a try, soon... Is this your first released waypoint? If so, this was an ambitious first project, it's a big map.

Do you intend to work on or release more waypoints? If so, may I ask which maps? rolleyes.gif
+Quote Post
YuriFR
post Jan 12 2016, 03:24 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,318

To genmac: I noticed that your waypoint to dod_rouen is not available in the repository (http://rcbot.bots-united.com/waypoints.php?sort=maps&show=rcbot2dods), post it there when checking is done !?

QUOTE(madmax2 @ Jan 11 2016, 09:01 PM) *

Is this your first released waypoint?
[...]
Do you intend to work on or release more waypoints? If so, may I ask which maps? rolleyes.gif

Yes, the first. I intend to work for more maps, starting with all missing (remake) maps of old dod v3.1beta ("the gold age of classic Day of Defeat") and ending with the best especific maps for Dod:Source.
But, note that: this is a personal goal, and without "deadlines"! I did of the dod_cherbourg for my personal use in mind and I will proceed the same way with all the other maps (regardless of the community opinion)! In fact, I only decided to publish the dod_cherbourg when, suddenly, I realized that the whole map was filled and the result very pleased my partners on a lan-match. Beforehand I can not say whether I will do more waypoints to the user community, because the decision to publish or not will depend on the average of acceptance of my style by the entire community (whose opinion is always varied): I like to explore the ambushes and defenses possibilities, as much as possible, in each map and I always try to extend the route possibilities with many and many waypoints, to force the bots to a random behavior, the more unpredictable it I can achieve. My method is: seek interpret a map with a route and reinterpret the same map with another route, and follow with several subsequent reinterpretations, until get a result that simulates (minimally) human reasoning when choosing path\routes, or opportunities for ambushes - after all, now in the case of dod_cherbourg, I see that I could have added even more ambush alternatives (in addition to about 815 existing waypoints).
As this method may displease someone, there are two option: discover a way to rate if I should publish one waypoint or not, or always submit the waypoint and gauge the reactions after (I opted for the latter).

That's all. wink.gif

[I using google-translator, sorry for any misunderstanding...]
+Quote Post
genmac
post Jan 13 2016, 11:10 AM
Post #5

RCBot Guru

Member No.: 2,098

@YuriFR...seems the repository only shows the most recent or newest wpts and most of my old wpts where made around 2012-2013 so they won't show there. Just get it here and hope the link still works...
http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1806
+Quote Post
Emotional
post Jan 31 2016, 11:31 AM
Post #6

RCBot Fan

Member No.: 2,260

thanks for your great work smile.gif

UPD: bots don't move on that map. On all other maps works great. How to fix?.. ver 0.85
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Feb 11 2016, 11:15 PM
Post #7

RCBot Guru

QUOTE(Emotional @ Jan 31 2016, 03:31 AM) *

thanks for your great work smile.gif
UPD: bots don't move on that map. On all other maps works great. How to fix?.. ver 0.85

Hey Emotional,

It works fine for me on 0.85! I imagine you solved this by now, but sounds like a missing waypoint, or can't find it? Maybe delete the temporary wpt files (rcb,rcd,rcv)?

wink.gif
+Quote Post
Emotional
post Feb 14 2016, 03:09 PM
Post #8

RCBot Fan

madmax2
Hi! I used your advice. In the waypoint folder were next files, besides "dod_cherbourg.rcw" - dod_cherbourg_b2.rcd, dod_cherbourg_b2-1.rcb, dod_cherbourg_b22.rcb, dod_cherbourg_b23.rcb. I delete these files and again run the game. Situation has not changed. I again open waypoint folder and I saw, that these files appeared again. I again delete files, rename dod_cherbourg.rcw in dod_cherbourg_b2.rcw and again run the games. Bots still dont moved. In console I saw:

CODE
*** Can't open Waypoint belief array for reading!
[RCBot] file not found/opening error '..\rcbot2\waypoints\Day of Defeat Source\dod\dod_cherbourg_b22.rcb' mode rb
[RCBot] failed to make folders for ..\rcbot2\waypoints\Day of Defeat Source\dod\dod_cherbourg_b22.rcb

What is the problem?
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Feb 14 2016, 05:56 PM
Post #9

RCBot Guru

QUOTE(Emotional @ Feb 14 2016, 07:09 AM) *

madmax2
Hi! I used your advice. In the waypoint folder were next files, besides "dod_cherbourg.rcw" - dod_cherbourg_b2.rcd, dod_cherbourg_b2-1.rcb, dod_cherbourg_b22.rcb, dod_cherbourg_b23.rcb. I delete these files and again run the game. Situation has not changed. I again open waypoint folder and I saw, that these files appeared again. I again delete files, rename dod_cherbourg.rcw in dod_cherbourg_b2.rcw and again run the games. Bots still dont moved. In console I saw:

CODE
*** Can't open Waypoint belief array for reading!
[RCBot] file not found/opening error '..\rcbot2\waypoints\Day of Defeat Source\dod\dod_cherbourg_b22.rcb' mode rb
[RCBot] failed to make folders for ..\rcbot2\waypoints\Day of Defeat Source\dod\dod_cherbourg_b22.rcb

What is the problem?

You have the wrong version of the map (dod_cherbourg_b2), you need the final version (dod_cherbourg). I got my copy from dodmap.com, they usually have more than one version of a map. If you use their search for dod_cherbourg, it will show all versions they have...

You can't rename the rcw, that won't work... I don't know if the waypoint is a good match for that map? But if you want to try it, you can start the b2 map, then load the waypoint this way...

rcbot waypoint load dod_cherbourg

rcbot will then save a new waypoint named dod_cherbourg_b2

But I recommend you get the correct map version, to be sure the waypoint is a good fit... smile.gif

max
+Quote Post
Emotional
post Feb 19 2016, 03:15 AM
Post #10

RCBot Fan

Thanks for help smile.gif Problem solved.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:21 PM