Reply to this topicStart new topic
> More request...
genmac
post Dec 25 2013, 06:24 AM
Post #1

RCBot Guru

Group: Waypointers
Member No.: 2,098

Here's some more request I think usable for all mods...

1. If possible make max wpts reach to 2000.

2. make max auto path distance higher like 1000.

3. option to adjust wpt distance when using autowaypoint.

Well that's about it, hope their not too hard to code in. Tnx!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Dec 26 2013, 07:14 AM
Post #2

Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(genmac @ Dec 25 2013, 07:24 AM) *

Here's some more request I think usable for all mods...

1. If possible make max wpts reach to 2000.

2. make max auto path distance higher like 1000.

3. option to adjust wpt distance when using autowaypoint.

Well that's about it, hope their not too hard to code in. Tnx!

well I'm coding on my new laptop now, got VS express 2012 and tortoiseSVN it's doing the job, did a build with it and am happy. These are quite easy to add. Merry Christmas Btw smile.gif
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Dec 26 2013, 11:55 AM
Post #3

Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Dec 26 2013, 08:14 AM) *

well I'm coding on my new laptop now, got VS express 2012 and tortoiseSVN it's doing the job, did a build with it and am happy. These are quite easy to add. Merry Christmas Btw smile.gif

Actually changing the auto waypoint distance is the only easy thing to change. Making the waypoint path distance higher than 1000 will cause a lot of problems with the way waypoints are stored and accessed. They are accessed like big squares around the map and I need to know which squares to use, it will just cause unnecessary headaches to access them. The average maximum distance is about 768. The squares are about 512x512, so maximum distance should already be about 1024 but 'minimum - maximum' of 512 depending of where you stand in that square , so an average maximum of 768

increasing number of waypoint would cause a number of incompatibility issues. 1024 waypoints are the maximum at the moment, that should be enough even for large maps, I've never gone over 700.
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Dec 27 2013, 12:10 AM
Post #4

RCBot Guru

Member No.: 2,162

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Dec 26 2013, 03:55 AM) *

Actually changing the auto waypoint distance is the only easy thing to change.

smile.gif
This is the one I really would like to see added (genmacs #3). If it can't be adjustable, maybe just a second option. The default, with autowaypoint spacing the way it is now, and a autowaypoint2, with wider spacing for open areas. Even spacing 2 to 3 times what it is now would be better for open areas.

Using rcbot_wpt_pathdist, i did a rough estimate of distance between autowaypoints at about 220, is that even close? What is the current distance between autowaypoints?

And Merry Christmas... smile.gif
+Quote Post
genmac
post Dec 27 2013, 01:18 AM
Post #5

RCBot Guru

Member No.: 2,098

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Dec 26 2013, 11:55 AM) *

Actually changing the auto waypoint distance is the only easy thing to change. Making the waypoint path distance higher than 1000 will cause a lot of problems with the way waypoints are stored and accessed. They are accessed like big squares around the map and I need to know which squares to use, it will just cause unnecessary headaches to access them. The average maximum distance is about 768. The squares are about 512x512, so maximum distance should already be about 1024 but 'minimum - maximum' of 512 depending of where you stand in that square , so an average maximum of 768

increasing number of waypoint would cause a number of incompatibility issues. 1024 waypoints are the maximum at the moment, that should be enough even for large maps, I've never gone over 700.

I see. Well that's ok no need to further complicate things with the other request their not that important.

How about add a double or multi jump feature hehe? Bot while in the air will jump again.
There's a plugin for this may be the bots can use it as well if they know to double jump like adding a double jump tag on the jump wpts...is that possible?
+Quote Post
YuriFR
post Jan 7 2014, 11:15 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,318

FOR MR. Cheeseh

! About the development of Rcbot2 !

I'm happy because I can finally talk to the lead developer of Rcbot !
Please, pay atention, mr. Cheeseh:

A long time i trying to contact you, mr. Cheeseh, or someone who develope any Bots system for Dod:Source. The reason is that I am a BIG FAN of Dod Classic with bots (old system "Sturmbot" for Dod - Half-Life1) since beta 3.1 version (around the years 2001/2002). However, with the death of the Sturmbot developer "Johan 'Jowo' Linde" (Tsunami-2005), the project "Sturmbot" was interrupted (in version 1.7).
I understand that may no longer be possible to reactivate it in Dod:S, but my opinion is that a system of bots for Dod:Source should follow roughly the same path trodden by "Jowo". I EXPLAIN:

One of the greatest qualities of old Sturmbot is the ability of the AI ​​to interact as a squad-team, in which the soldier was emit voice and gestures commands, one to each other (the Sturmbot wore the animations and voices, existing as standard in the game). Consequently, the soldiers could be decide to obey or not to obey the order of the voice command (and gesture). This characteristic made the atmosphere of game much more dramatic (like a thriller movie, similar to the famous "Saving private Ryan"), because the human player could be hear (and see) the commands of his own team and the screams (and gestures) of the enemy, when they were approaching. All this causing a feeling of being in a real war (as in game "Medal of Honor: Alied Assault - MOH:AA").

I tried to recreate the same game experience of Dod classic with bots in Dod:S, but in the currents Systems of bots for Dod:S there are no equal resources as in the old Sturmbot system. I am not able to program bots, but many people would like to get the same experience of playing Dod:S like the old and good Sturmbot system.

With this suggestion i also put a link to the changelog (all history of changes) of old Sturmbot sistem. My expectation is that someone (for example: you, or/and yours partners) considers this as a positive opinion, and based on this changelog, implement new scripts that produce the same desired effects.

The results will be probably very fantastic !!!

THE LINK FOR CHANGELOG HISTORY:
http://jasonwilliams400com.startlogic.com/...ion_History.txt

If you do not know the old Sturmbot, I suggest you search for "Sturmbot" on YouTube. But even better is to install an old version of Day of Defeat (HL1 mod), download the version of the corresponding Sturmbot, and experience it firsthand.

Thank you so much for considering this message!

[[my apologies: using google translator...]]
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:34 AM