> All DoD:S rcbot2 wpts, as of April 18, 2013
Cheeseh
post May 2 2013, 10:13 AM
Post #41

Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(madmax2 @ May 2 2013, 02:28 AM) *

And cheeseh, still want to know about the areas question above, and if you can add anything to what genmac said? thanks smile.gif
http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index....ost&p=11654

Well I wouldn't really change the areas because the areas are automatically added to the capture points based on the flag ID in the dod:s mod. So the areas should reflect the same flag ID in the dod:s map by the map owner.

If you change the ID's then bots will try to go to the wrong flag if they want to attack or defend so I wouldn't advise changing the areas. I'd advise maybe moving some of them within sights of other flags but also in a good defense position.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
madmax2
post May 2 2013, 05:21 PM
Post #42

RCBot Guru

Group: Waypointers
Member No.: 2,162

Thanks for the info, i didn't know that about the area being automatic on the flag capture point & tied to the id set by the mapper... good to know...

I added a bunch more unreachables to flash, and the action seems to have gone up a notch, grenades everywhere at one point in the game laugh.gif . I think I got the axis patroling that tank path better, but need to test that more, cause i've thought that before, then they would quit going there for a while... Oh, and i think i may increase the radius more in some places, it really enhances there movement, especially in combat areas were they are bunched together otherwise. smile.gif

Also, there are still some windows that the unreachables don't seem to be helping with. I think they all lack func_illusionary if that means anything to the bots? I'll post a bit more info on that later today, maybe some pic's and a demo of what is happening there...
+Quote Post
madmax2
post May 3 2013, 07:22 AM
Post #43

RCBot Guru

More dod_flash window problems. Here are the windows bots can't shoot thru, in either direction. I don't know if this is a map problem or a bot problem, but thought i should report it... Might be a good place to test the bots vision?

The little house here has 3 of them. I tried unreachables on the inside, as well as outside, connecting paths and putting a radius on them. they can't see thru these windows.. And I did try crouching on the sandbags to, it doesn't work this time...

Bad Link Removed

This seems to be different than the angle & restricted view we had at the other sniper perch. I thought it might be related to missing func_illusionary, but the middle window is a func_breakable and func_illusionary. the other 2 dont have either. So, i don't know, maybe func_illusionary has something to do with it, maybe not?

This large pane window is another place, they can't see thru. There are 3 func_breakables in it, but no func_illusionary... You can see some of the wacky things I tried with the unreachable wpts. bots can't see thru the other small window in this building either. It seems when one window is bad in a building, they all are?

Bad Link Removed

I've included demo's of both places. What i do is noclip thru each window as bots pass by, and you can see they immediatly stop shooting at me when i'm on the opposite side of the windows. When i shoot at thier feet from a window, they will turn in my direction, but can't see me, it seems...! blink.gif

Bad Link Removed

genmac, this could be the same thing thats happening on that barred window in dod_stug, that you mentioned?
+Quote Post
genmac
post May 3 2013, 12:19 PM
Post #44

RCBot Guru

Member No.: 2,098

yeah max, bots can't see beyond a window or anything with bars and stuff in front them unless their funk_illusionary.

+Quote Post
madmax2
post May 3 2013, 09:33 PM
Post #45

RCBot Guru

So, i guess for now, we just waypoint around the problem... Until cheeseh can resolve the vision problems with windows? unsure.gif So, I think what i will do in the house there, is remove all the window wpt tags. and to keep human players in check, i'll place a defend(non team) or sniper(axis) wpt just outside that door, so bots can see in there... bots will still duck in there too, but they won't stay... I'm not sure what i'll do about that big window, there might be enough traffic thru there, so it may be ok as is?

I should be uploading a new flash rcw soon.. Having to rework or remove a couple things i added that were not really working out so well... other than that, it's looking pretty good... smile.gif

One other thing, i placed the sandbag wpts by standing on them. I'm trying to decide if i need to raise those up a bit or not. i think they are ok, but can't tell if the bots are throwing the grenades right at the unreachables, or over them, i need to watch that closer i guess... dry.gif

+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post May 4 2013, 02:32 AM
Post #46

Admin

QUOTE(madmax2 @ May 3 2013, 10:33 PM) *

So, i guess for now, we just waypoint around the problem... Until cheeseh can resolve the vision problems with windows? unsure.gif So, I think what i will do in the house there, is remove all the window wpt tags. and to keep human players in check, i'll place a defend(non team) or sniper(axis) wpt just outside that door, so bots can see in there... bots will still duck in there too, but they won't stay... I'm not sure what i'll do about that big window, there might be enough traffic thru there, so it may be ok as is?

I should be uploading a new flash rcw soon.. Having to rework or remove a couple things i added that were not really working out so well... other than that, it's looking pretty good... smile.gif

One other thing, i placed the sandbag wpts by standing on them. I'm trying to decide if i need to raise those up a bit or not. i think they are ok, but can't tell if the bots are throwing the grenades right at the unreachables, or over them, i need to watch that closer i guess... dry.gif

for some reason the traceline that is fired to check visibility hits worldspawn, that means there is no entity in the way of the vision, but just the world itself. maybe the traceline flags need to be changed for dod:s .... really need more coding help, bots-united forums has been dead for a long time
+Quote Post
genmac
post May 4 2013, 04:09 AM
Post #47

RCBot Guru

yeah bro this is the only remaining active bot forum for good old hl and hl2 mods. some few more coders are active but I see them at alliedmods.com and they no longer update their bots like podbot-mm although it's really really good already.

Have you try check out the bot source codes of Fistful of Frags mod?
http://www.moddb.com/mods/fistful-of-frags
Don't know but may be you'll find something useful to this.

+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post May 4 2013, 04:42 AM
Post #48

Admin

QUOTE(genmac @ May 4 2013, 05:09 AM) *

yeah bro this is the only remaining active bot forum for good old hl and hl2 mods. some few more coders are active but I see them at alliedmods.com and they no longer update their bots like podbot-mm although it's really really good already.

Have you try check out the bot source codes of Fistful of Frags mod?
http://www.moddb.com/mods/fistful-of-frags
Don't know but may be you'll find something useful to this.

i fixed it! for next version bots will be able to look out windows without any side effects hopefully...! I had a look at that source before, it uses the nav mesh but haven't look at it much more
+Quote Post
genmac
post May 4 2013, 05:07 AM
Post #49

RCBot Guru

cool! Can't wait for next release hehe.
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post May 4 2013, 09:20 AM
Post #50

Admin

QUOTE(genmac @ May 4 2013, 06:07 AM) *

cool! Can't wait for next release hehe.

try this beta dll for 0.73 and let me know if there are any issues before I release the full zip!

http://rcbot.bots-united.com/downloads/RCBot2_073BetaDLL.zip
+Quote Post
genmac
post May 4 2013, 10:42 AM
Post #51

RCBot Guru

awesome bro..tnx!....testing...

update....

WOOOOOWWWW!!! It's working!!!
Here's some demos of proof hehe...
http://www.mediafire.com/?qywx27m6fc3ysda

I tested and demoed it using dod_stug map so get it here....
http://dods.gamebanana.com/maps/166612

Had to update the wpt a little by connecting unreachables in bidirectionally and spreading them out hehe
totally help their sniping acquisition as well the axis on the bridge.

The sniper profiles are set like this....well all 16 allies are like that for immediate testing purpose only...
name = allies4_sniper
visionticks_clients = 32
visionticks = 200
pathticks = 40
braveness = 99
aimskill = 99
sensitivity = 10
team = 2
class = 3

As for dod_flash seems the sandbags still doesn't make the snipers on the 2nd floor to shoot even if I'm already 5 feet away in front of the window. They need to get up the sandbag in order to shoot as what Max did on his wpts there.
+Quote Post
madmax2
post May 6 2013, 12:13 AM
Post #52

RCBot Guru

Finally, I think I made the axis play about as good as I can. This should be the last dod_flash_axis_revenge4 rcw. Now i'll fix a few things for the allies, and hopefully end up with something close to balanced. My goal was to make it a tuff fight for the allies, and to have the axis defending the tank route better. Well i think its good, but it depends on the players skill level. For me, since I know where all the defenses are at, it's fairly easy to win on scoreing, and sometimes I do get all the flags. But if you don't peek at the waypoints first, hopefully it will be fun and a few new surprizes... I was mostly testing with 7vs7, 2 snipers per evenly matched teams... so you might want to add an extra mg per team too....

Also, I highly recommend you delete your rcbot2 tmp files for this map, before you play it the first time. It seems after a waypointing session, the bots often don't work as intended, and if i delete those files, I often get a much better game...

This version of the rcw has only been tested with rcbot2 .73beta dll, & is intended for that because of the window problems with .72, although it should work....

---------------------------
Without spoiling where things are at, here is a summary of the changes....

Added lots of unreachable waypoints for windows, hideing places, sandbags, and nades...

Added a number of new defend wpts, mostly for axis, to get them going places...

new path/route added

enlarged/adjusted the radius on many of the waypoints, mostly in main paths, for better random movement by the bots...
---------------------------

As I said above, all the flags can be capped, by a good player (playing allied side). There is a way to do this easily, and i did it more than once. But i think new players won't know how to do it, at least right away. So this is kind of an offensive vs defensive type of wpt. When I fix the few allied problems I've seen, the balance will swing back to thier side easily, i think. So, I will have to add axis defenses back in at there first flag, i'm sure. At least a sniper or mg camp. So that will be next, and I don't think it will take nearly as long as this one did...

After you have played it a couple times, I could use a little advice on a couple things.

1. Are the sandbag unreachables ok as is, or should they be up off the top of the sandbags?

2. Have you noticed, bots not facing the yaw direction sometimes? This is on a defend/crouch point in a bomb crater, i just can't seem to get that one right? should i just replace the waypoint with a new yaw??? or move it???

3. I play tested the heck out of this today, and did probably a no no in the tank area, but it seems to work ok. I was really back & forth about doing this too... The tank area is area3, but i changed one of the defend wpts (back corner by the tree) to area2. What this seems to do, is causes an axis bot to go there sometimes, when the axis cap the center flag. He won't stay long and usually continues on to the center flag from there. And if the center flag is capped by allies, he immediatly goes there. Also, when that happens, usually one or more bots will come to the tank area3 defend points. So it kinda helps keep that back alley to the center flag populated with axis bots, i think? It also reduces the number of bots going to the sniper perch, but not to much, which seems good, cause sometimes too many would get trapped there with the oneway path on the stairs, it seems about right now... I tried it with & without the area2 tag (also tried it over by the tank). I won't say it's the best way, cause i'm still not sure, cause either way there can be a drought of bots back there sometimes, but it's far less than it was...

Anyways, let me know what you think, be easy on me.... heh heh wink.gif

[edit] oh, forgot to mention, ignor the rcw date, final update was today.. still rolled back on my clock... heheh..

[edit] also forgot, they did beat me once on scoring, and i wasn't holding back either. and i'm such an awesome player too... tongue.gif

[edit 9-24-13] Use one of the rcw's found here instead... wink.gif

http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index....ost&p=12343
+Quote Post
genmac
post May 6 2013, 12:35 AM
Post #53

RCBot Guru

Awesome bro will test it...and won't peak at the wpts may be later hehe.

Btw I think it's better to post the flash wpt updates at the dod_flash thread I'm sure Testeryyy wont mind
as long full credit is still his since he is the one who started wpting it. Credits for the improvements goes to you smile.gif
+Quote Post
Sampson
post Aug 11 2013, 09:09 PM
Post #54

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,300

For some reason my bots are walking like crabs now and are shooting at walls/aren't targeting the enemy. I played on avalanche and flash last night fine but now they won't work on any map. I don't recall changing anything. I have the waypoints from the 0.75 dl and have tried the waypoints that were linked above. I also have them in the directory given above. Is there anything else I overlooked? Thanks
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Aug 11 2013, 10:46 PM
Post #55

RCBot Guru

Hi Sampson,

See this topic here... http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1769

That is one of the symptoms if its wrong... current windows setting is 417... What platform are you on?

[edit] it's set in the rcbot config.cfg file...

[edit] Oh, I see you already posted here too?...

http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index....amp;#entry12214

If you are on linux try 418.... Seems as if there was something else that can cause this too, will have search for it... wink.gif

[edit3] I think one problem was someone had comma's in place of decimal points in thier config file settings... Still looking for it though? And I don't see that in your posted config?

max
+Quote Post
Sampson
post Aug 11 2013, 11:09 PM
Post #56

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,300

QUOTE(madmax2 @ Aug 11 2013, 10:46 PM) *

Hi Sampson,

See this topic here... http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1769

That is one of the symptoms if its wrong... current windows setting is 417... What platform are you on?

[edit] it's set in the rcbot config.cfg file...

max

Thank you madmax2, yeah I'm on windows and all my settings are set at 417. My bots were crashing before I put them on 417 but now, for example, on avalanche both teams run sideways until they reach the center...then they just start shooting at walls, not even at each other. I'm not sure how to fix this.

edit: Fixed by using madmax2's config.ini, still not sure what was wrong with mine but thanks!

edit2: Bots were working until I changed the names, bravery etc in the profiles.
An edited profile looks like this:
# Bot Profile id = 11 : generated by RCBot2 Launcher
name = Captain Speirs
visionticks_clients = 4
visionticks = 20
pathticks = 40
braveness = 100
aimskill = 54
sensitivity = 8
model = models/police.mdl
class = 1
team = 2

His information loads ok but all 20 bots like this won't rotate directions and shoot at walls. Even with madmax2's config.ini settings it broke again somehow. What's the deal with that?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit3: I finally figured out the problem. When I put the settings on the bot launcher, I put the anglespeed all the way down and this puts it at 0, not 0.01 etc...so they can't turn at all lol. Everything works now, thanks.
+Quote Post
genmac
post Nov 24 2014, 01:28 AM
Post #57

RCBot Guru

Here are all my fully updated wpt pack for dods...tnx.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/2npb26r4...+2013+wpts+.rar
Their my last edits last year which I kept forgetting to post here formally after almost a full year yay. Lots of improvements mostly on the stock maps
and those beach maps etc. Credit goes to other wpters here like madmax, testery, and emotional.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:48 PM