IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> little Summary of RCBOTS2 for dedicated DODS Server & Gungame!
darkranger
post Feb 26 2013, 05:58 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,254

first let me say that the bots are doing very well. its a great work. thanks.

but there are some little problems on dedicated servers.

-> when the last player leaves the server the bots are also leaving, but comming back a second later. but now they are dumb. running around and do nothing. only a mapchange will help here.
as bypass i have a sourcemod plugin installed that changes the map 2 minutes after the last human player leaves the server.

-> they server crashes sometimes. i think its comming from my plugin that removes the reload from Rockets and Pistols. it seems its a problem with "dod_stats_weapon_attack" on Sourcemod. the problem also exits on my server where i have DOGs DODSBOTS installed. after removing the plugin all runs fine till today.
--> and 1 thing i notice too. server crashes when running custom player models on the server.

-> waypointing: its easy when you only have simply waypoints. i figured out how to use ladders, but the JUMP waypoints didnt work. the documentation is, in my eyes, poor.
i do LADDERS with that commands in a row: STARTPOINT: waypoint add - pathwaypoint create1 - givetype ladder ENDPOINT: waypoint add - pathwaypoint create2 - givetype ladder.
thats ok, but how i do with JUMP ? the documentation is confusing my in that point. i didnt understand how to make JUMPs.

but again. the bots doing very well and sometimes you cannot say if the enemy that kills you is a bot or human smile.gif

if someone will test the bots here is the server adress: 62.93.103.39:27550 . Server is up from 16:00CET to 06:00CET.

greetz, darkranger
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
genmac
post Feb 27 2013, 03:21 AM
Post #2

RCBot Guru

Group: Waypointers
Member No.: 2,098

the jump approach changed a little bit I think on beta 0.71 compared to 0.7.
If you check this video
http://youtu.be/F-h1P9X000U
...at 0:50 bots are perfectly jumping off the fence
but I was using beta 0.7 here. On 0.71 their jumping early always getting caught on the fence.

so here's exactly I think what's happening...
On beta 0.7 they jump after the normal wpt or a little early before they touch the jump wpt. Sometimes they start jumping exactly where the jump wpt is but most of the time a little bit early even if jump wpt has no radius.

On beta 0.71 they jump a lot earlier actually jumping to the nearest normal wpt
connected to the jump wpt. So if I want to make them jump just like in 0.7, I had to move the jump wpt forward and place a normal wpt where I want them to start jumping.

here's how I do it on dod_harrington...
IPB Image

here's more hehe...
IPB Image
so they jump a little bit before the normal wpt connected to the jump wpt
as of beta 0.71.....hooohhhaaa!!! LoL!
+Quote Post
My Time
post Feb 27 2013, 03:40 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 2,256

Quote "-> when the last player leaves the server the bots are also leaving, but comming back a second later. but now they are dumb. running around and do nothing. only a mapchange will help here.
as bypass i have a sourcemod plugin installed that changes the map 2 minutes after the last human player leaves the server." unquote Ranger have you tried to move all of the SMAC stuff to disable and see if they still do this ? Mine do the same thing if I have any SMAC stuff running. Disable it and they run fine even with map changes. I would like to keep using SMAC but cant unless I keep one of my accounts in the server 24/7. What plugin are you using to do the map change thingy ? I have not had any crashes of any kind and have had the server up for 4 days straight untill i rebooted it for a update the other day. Have you tried to run both Dogs bots and the RCbots together yet ? If it is not a problem I would like to post my servers IP so the people making this great addon can see it in action.
+Quote Post
My Time
post Feb 27 2013, 03:55 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 2,256

Ranger , played for a few mins in your server but got kicked because I am in the US so my ping was right at a 150 or so and got kicked. Loved that they turn into skeletons as there health gets low. I keep my ping kicker at 300 so I am not turning away EU and RUS players. There seem to be more DODS players on your side of the pond than here in the US anymore sad.gif
+Quote Post
darkranger
post Feb 27 2013, 06:26 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

@GENMAC:
i have tested serveral ways to let them jump. but they only stand on the jump point and look into the air.

i set a waypoint and then givetyp jump! not more! is this right ?
and only 1 way to the jump point and 1 way away from jump!

i do setup waypoints on the server. so i did not have the view as you have in your pics.

@MYTIME:
plugin is called autochangemap :http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=129134
i have set the highpingkicker to 160 now for you smile.gif

i have tested SMAC on my server and there is no difference. but i will test it again to be 100% sure. smile.gif

i have not tested dogsbots and rcbots together. it makes no sense. smile.gif

and 1 thing i notice too. server crashes when running custom player models on the server.
+Quote Post
genmac
post Feb 27 2013, 11:46 AM
Post #6

RCBot Guru

you mean you make wpts on your listenserver right?
coz i really don't know if you can make correct wpts via dedi or client accessing to dedi rcon s or whatever.

I think exact command for that is "rcbot waypoint givetype jump"...though I just use the menu when giving wpt types.
Also better to use all draw types just to make sure wpts have the correct types
you want as well seeing all them properly connected.
Here's some of my important wpting binds:
bind "KP_INS" "rcbot waypoint drawtype 0"
(sometimes this is better when drawtype 2 shows too much radius boxes in the background)
bind "KP_ENTER" "rcbot waypoint drawtype 1" (for detailed infos to wpts)
bind "KP_DEL" "rcbot waypoint drawtype 2" (so the wpts will look clean if you're just checking for connections and angles)
bind "u" "rcbot waypoint menu"
bind "KP_END" "rcbot waypoint givetype sniper machinegun"

before making wpts i suggest turning off all plugins of metamod and sourcemod totally just to make sure nothing get's in the way while making and testing them.

+Quote Post
darkranger
post Feb 27 2013, 04:33 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

"rcbot waypoint drawtyp" 1 or 2 is not working on dedicated server. sad.gif

i have these bindings. but they do not what i want sad.gif
CODE
bind "1" "rcbot waypoint add"
bind "2" "rcbot waypoint delete"
bind "3" "rcbot pathwaypoint create1"
bind "4" "rcbot pathwaypoint create2"
bind "l" "rcbot waypoint givetype ladder"
bind "j" "rcbot waypoint givetype jump"
bind "6" "rcbot waypoint save"
bind "7" "rcbot waypoint off"

how can i set the radius of a waypoint. so that i can say to the waypoint only look 20 units for the next waypoint?
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Feb 27 2013, 09:14 PM
Post #8

RCBot Guru

Member No.: 2,162

QUOTE(genmac @ Feb 27 2013, 03:46 AM) *

you mean you make wpts on your listenserver right?
coz i really don't know if you can make correct wpts via dedi or client accessing to dedi rcon s or whatever.

I don't know if this has been fully implemented in rcbot2, since I don't have it installed yet, but with rcbot1, waypointing on a dedi server over lan works good smile.gif (never tried over internet, may lag?). I have full access to waypointing and all other rcbot commands, via menus too.

I use the bot_users.ini, and just copy the file to any new dedi server I setup, then I have instant access. Looks like it may work the same way with the accessclients.ini for rcbot2? But most of the time I just use listenserver to waypoint (less lag for me).
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Feb 27 2013, 11:15 PM
Post #9

Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(madmax2 @ Feb 27 2013, 10:14 PM) *

I don't know if this has been fully implemented in rcbot2, since I don't have it installed yet, but with rcbot1, waypointing on a dedi server over lan works good smile.gif (never tried over internet, may lag?). I have full access to waypointing and all other rcbot commands, via menus too.

I use the bot_users.ini, and just copy the file to any new dedi server I setup, then I have instant access. Looks like it may work the same way with the accessclients.ini for rcbot2? But most of the time I just use listenserver to waypoint (less lag for me).

Waypointing in rcbot2 should be done on the client only (listen server)

The hl2 sdk doesnt have enough support for drawing on a connected client

There are many commands unavailable to the client on dedi. Such as rcbot_wpt_pathdist which is probably what you are looking for
+Quote Post
genmac
post Feb 28 2013, 12:58 AM
Post #10

RCBot Guru

QUOTE(darkranger @ Feb 27 2013, 04:33 PM) *

"rcbot waypoint drawtyp" 1 or 2 is not working on dedicated server. sad.gif

i have these bindings. but they do not what i want sad.gif
CODE
bind "1" "rcbot waypoint add"
bind "2" "rcbot waypoint delete"
bind "3" "rcbot pathwaypoint create1"
bind "4" "rcbot pathwaypoint create2"
bind "l" "rcbot waypoint givetype ladder"
bind "j" "rcbot waypoint givetype jump"
bind "6" "rcbot waypoint save"
bind "7" "rcbot waypoint off"

how can i set the radius of a waypoint. so that i can say to the waypoint only look 20 units for the next waypoint?

hehe I knew it, you're wpting the dog's dods bot style using the dedi instead of the client, no wonder why all your binds aren't working.
well like cheeseh mentioned you shld make wpts in the client running a listenserver coz that's how it's been done ever since botman (creator of hpb_bot now working at gearbox ) created the very first bots for hl and it's mods and now RCBOT2 one of the descendant of botman bots finally making source games have more fun like their gold source counterparts enjoyed the last decayed, hehe a little bot history there.

"how can i set the radius of a waypoint. so that i can say to the waypoint only look 20 units for the next waypoint?"
First off, Radius are just ways to make bots spread out within a wpt viccinity, it's radius, so they won't take up in each other space when they navigate a wide area. Without those they navigate always in a straight line like well behave students LoL!

So what you really mean is make wpts connect at a distance of 20 units only, more than that wpts won't get connected.
"rcbot_wpt_path 20" .....try that. If you want 100 units try....rcbot_wpt_path 100.
I mostly use just 2 of these.....rcbot_wpt_path 0-500.....0 so I can connect intricate wpts manually when needed and 500 on the wider areas of maps. Sometime I'll use 150-200 when wpts are still close to each other and I want bots to use those for maneuvers when in heavy combat.

For ladders things will get nasty once you want bots to go down like those on dod_kalt since wpts are to close to each other it was so hard to get just the right connections...hence Cheesey added the wpt id connection system!...now it's much easy to get super precise connections and disconnections on very intricate wpts set up too close to each other. Bots will move much effeciently if paths are well connected on ladders going up and down. I'd suggest always do those manually or using the wpt id connection when it get's complicated, example:
rcbot pathwaypoint createfromto 256 478
so that wil create a one way connection starting to wpt with id no. 256 to wpt id no. 478.

Note: Path connections are extremely important so it's good practice to always check them once you're laying down wpts each at a time coz it's really annoying once there are hundreds of wpts already and something ain't right the bots aren't moving the way you want to only to discover there's some few unconnected paths that's causing the problem.

Darn that's too long hehe, hope it helps.
+Quote Post
genmac
post Feb 28 2013, 01:31 AM
Post #11

RCBot Guru

QUOTE(madmax2 @ Feb 27 2013, 09:14 PM) *

Yeah working on listen server is much faster.
I'm no expert on dedi set up though I did try on dog's bots but no avail, tnc god it didn't worked for me or I could have pulled lots of hair on that very limited system of wpting it has hehe. still tncful he atleast gave us a working bot for dods.
+Quote Post
darkranger
post Feb 28 2013, 06:18 AM
Post #12

Advanced Member

thanks for the infos.
i will try to setup bots on a listen server the next days and do what i can.

about rcbot_wpt_path! i can set this for each waypoint when i stand on it?

i always thought this is an config.ini command?

and there is no problem with VAC when i start a listenserver with RCBOTS on my PC & ACCOUNT ?
+Quote Post
genmac
post Feb 28 2013, 11:07 AM
Post #13

RCBot Guru

nope! it's a path distance command that works along auto path creation. load the command via console before dropping a wpt. just do some trial and error so you'll figure out which path distance suited you.
I prefer using 0-100-200-500 and some manaul path connecting since i want my wpts look clean and not too cluttered with too many paths unless it's a wide area.

the problem with auto path creation it tends to creates lots of unwanted paths sometimes, so it's very useful if you choose any path distance using that command and if the section you're wpting creates unwanted path or no path at all to some wpts nearby ,simply connect them manually and remove some unwanted paths.

and don't worry about vac hehe...but you have to remove the -insecure on your lunch option if you can't connect on other servers.
+Quote Post
apdonato
post Feb 28 2013, 05:11 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 2,258

i noticed the jumping issue in TF2 as well, definitely new with v0.71... when jumping over fences, I have to place the waypoint marked with "jump" on the fence for them to clear it on their first try... I personally liked the old way where they would just jump when they reached the jump waypoint... it makes more sense that way.
+Quote Post
darkranger
post Mar 1 2013, 08:22 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

ok. now i understand a little bit more smile.gif
waypointing is much better yet with knowing about "rcbot_wpt_path" wink.gif
now the do jump where i wanted it, mostly! sometimes the jump before the waypoint and then they drop into the water. but they can out so no problem there.

the biggest problem on dedicated server is, in my eyes, that the bots got stupid when last player leaves the server.
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Mar 2 2013, 01:11 AM
Post #16

Admin

QUOTE(apdonato @ Feb 28 2013, 06:11 PM) *

i noticed the jumping issue in TF2 as well, definitely new with v0.71... when jumping over fences, I have to place the waypoint marked with "jump" on the fence for them to clear it on their first try... I personally liked the old way where they would just jump when they reached the jump waypoint... it makes more sense that way.

I was trying to make a reply to this yesterday but replied to the wrong thread as I was using mobile... *doh*

I was meaning to say that the jump change is most likely a bug due to a side effect when adding the bomb to open waypoints.

Btw. it's rcbot_wpt_pathdist

also I don'tk now why bots would go weird when the last player leaves the server, I can only guess there is some plugin or setting that is pausing or stopping all plugins from running when there are no players

+Quote Post
genmac
post Mar 2 2013, 02:01 AM
Post #17

RCBot Guru

rcbot_wpt_pathdist.....wooops that's it my bad hehe, tnx for the correction.
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Mar 3 2013, 02:04 PM
Post #18

Admin

QUOTE(genmac @ Mar 2 2013, 03:01 AM) *

rcbot_wpt_pathdist.....wooops that's it my bad hehe, tnx for the correction.

just to say I found the bug which is causing bots to jump at the wrong place and It'll be fixed next update
+Quote Post
darkranger
post Mar 3 2013, 09:13 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Mar 2 2013, 02:11 AM) *

also I don'tk now why bots would go weird when the last player leaves the server, I can only guess there is some plugin or setting that is pausing or stopping all plugins from running when there are no players

thats why the server goes into something called hibernating mode. you cant turn that off in DODS.

and btw.. i didnt get any email notification . and yes.. its activated smile.gif
+Quote Post
genmac
post Mar 5 2013, 09:17 AM
Post #20

RCBot Guru

QUOTE(My Time @ Feb 27 2013, 03:40 AM) *

Have you tried to run both Dogs bots and the RCbots together yet ?

Yes I've tried that out. Dog's bots dec 2012 fix still working on dods 1.0.0.52 version with all those updated hooks but RCbot2 won't work along with them. They just stay in the corner and can't find their wpts hehe.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:53 PM