IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> [Release] Intruder Waypoint, Intruder rcw for sc4.8 (sc4.7, 4.6, & 4.5)
madmax2
post Jul 15 2013, 10:54 PM
Post #1

RCBot Guru

Group: Waypointers
Member No.: 2,162

I decided to take a short break from the crystal series rcw's to waypoint intruder. I built the rcw on sc4.7, but since there have been no major changes to the map since sc4.5, it should work on 4.5 thru 4.8. It was tested with two rcbot dll's, from the RCBot1_SC47_release_dll.zip & rcbot_mm_sc47_3.7z. There were no turret issues/problems with either dll.

It's a fun little grunt map, with a funny ending boss. The only thing that would make it better is if the end boss actually spoke. It's one of those giggle moments in a map that makes this map priceless... It ties in with the HL story perfectly though, when you think about it heh heh. You think, hmmm, so thats what happens at full maturity, laugh.gif ...

There is a random route generated each time the map starts, so the second time you play, the route to the end may be different. I think I got all possible routes waypointed for the bots, and they will know which way to go. They can complete the map on thier own, given enough time. Sometimes they will press a button quickly, sometimes it will take several attempts, giving the player some time to find & press buttons too.

See the readme for details, and some minor issues with the bots/map...

** I highly recommend setting "config update_ladder_time 0.2" in the bot_config.ini in your rcbot folder, for this map. Most of my wpts work best at this setting.

Also, I think 1 or 2 bots will be the most fun. 3 bots might be to many? It just depends how much you want to do yourself, and how fast you want to get through the map?

I ran a final test game with 2 bots today, unassisted by me, they did everything up to the final boss room in the allowed time (60 minutes). With mp_notimelimit set, the boss was finished off about 7 minutes later. So, I think 2 bots will work good for a first game with the bots... 1 bot should work good too, to make it a bit harder to complete...

Have fun,
madmax2

Download: madmax2intruder_rcw.zip

[Edit 9-7-13]
I re-checked this rcw in sc4.8, and it works good, no new problems found...

Recommended rcbot dll's for this map:

Note: the rcbot 4.8 dll's are not compatible with sc4.7, or the other way...

Latest RCbot dll for sc4.8 only: http://rcbot.bots-united.com/downloads/rcb...rapple_upd2.zip

The Release2 on the main web site will work for these maps on sc4.8, too...

Latest sc4.7 version:

http://rcbot.bots-united.com/downloads/rcbot_mm_sc47_3.7z
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:01 AM