Reply to this topicStart new topic
> RCBot2 0.71
Cheeseh
post Feb 8 2013, 03:51 PM
Post #1

Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Quick update, well it has been 2 weeks now...

http://sourceforge.net/projects/rcbot2/fil...71.zip/download

0.71 Updates

This is much more stable from the last version with fewer crashes than before

General
-------
all: using optimized sin/cos
all: fixed random crash to do with weapons (all mods)
all: fixed, all mods: weapon updating
all: fixed bug - bots not listening to other players (improves combat)
all: fixed "you do not have access to command" after map change (all mods)
all: fixed divide by zero error
all: fixed waypoint radiuses not being updated when bots touched waypoints
all: changed bot touch waypoint behaviour

waypointing: automatically add crouch waypoint if player is holding crouch button
waypointing: added waypoint add e.g. rcbot waypoint add sniper 3 (adds sniper waypoint at area 3)
waypointing: added pathwaypoint removefromto , and pathwaypoint createfromto commands
waypointing: smaller crouch waypoints

TF2
----
tf2: spies attack enemies on the point when disguised
tf2: spy detection changes (if enemy is disguised as team spy and decloaks they don't detect the spy as long as everything else checks out)
tf2: spies uncloaking when capturing point / spies defending point by attacking any enemy on point within a distance (cvar)

DOD:S
-------
dods: extra waypoints for stock maps thanks to genmac (alencore)
dods: bots step back from bombs before they explode better
dods: fixed a class bug where bots just stood still and did nothing
dods: added command rcbot_nocapturing for custom maps/modes
dods: bots can plant bombs that block paths (new waypoint 'bombtoopen')
dods: bot choose to plant bombs in less dangerous capture points
dods: defending/sniping - bots will crouch at crouch waypoints
dods: improved flag/bomb detection/fixed number of capture points bots thought were available
dods: bots support flag and bomb capture points on the same map
dods: support for shooting breakable objects (new commands rcbot_shoot_breakable_dist, rcbot_shoot_breakables)
dods: fixed bots interrupting other bots defusing or planting

http://sourceforge.net/projects/rcbot2/fil...71.zip/download

see the updated waypoint guide for how to add the bombtoopen waypoints or just load dod_goodwood waypoints I edited and see how its done tongue.gif

General Manual nonsense below......

Public release!

Note that this release is much bigger in size than the previous due to PNG FILES!!!! and installer programs etc to help novice users.

Also note that this release hooks to the engine to work properly. This solves many problems that the past rcbot had, but it may create problems in the future, for example TF2 updates may change the engine. For that reasons, if the bot crashes, keep up to date with the website at:
http://www.sourcemodplugins.org/vtableoffsets
and keep the rcbot_runplayer_cmd updated to the latest PlayerRunCommand offset number for windows (the linux offset is added automatically in the bot if the windows offset is correct) At this time of speaking, the offset is 416 for tf2 and DOD:s

Installing
You can use the RCBot2 Installer.exe to install and run the RCBot2 Launcher, from there everything is easy. However if you run in to problems you can install manually

Manual Installation
Copy the rcbot2 folder from ‘files/’ into your steam folder / steamapps / <account name> folder ; where account name is the name of your steam account

Running
You can use the RCBot2 Launcher to run RCBot2 automatically however once you have loaded the game with the launcher you need to create a server to create a game

This version of RCBot 2 uses a hook into the game engine to make bots move properly in TF2 and DOD:S. To do thid, the bot needs to know, in memory, where to hook

This is held in the variable rcbot_runplayer_cmd

The rcbot_runplayer_cmd value must be the same as the latest version of the mod, found here: http://www.sourcemodplugins.org/vtableoffsets

If you experience crashes try changing rcbot_runplayer_hookonce to 0 or 1 or vice versa

Manual running
If you want to run RCBot2 manually, just enter the command line in the modification of your choice in Steam

-insecure +plugin_load “..\bin\HPB_Bot”

Then create a server

Warning! If loading manually, make sure you don’t already have a VDF file with rcbot2 automatically loading. Otherwise RCBot2 will be loaded twice and strange things might happen!

Adding bots
Rcbot addbot <class> <team> <name>

If you want to add a random bot by using a bot profile, just type

Rcbot addbot

If you want to add a bot with a specific class and an automatic team type

Rcbot addbot 1 for scout in TF2, or support in DOD:S

For TF2 scout or DOD:S Support class , see the list of class numbers below:

Team Fortress 2

CODE
Class numbers
1 = scout
2 = sniper
3 = soldier
4 = demoman
5 = medic ( Bugs )
6 = hwguy
7 = pyro ( Bugs )
8 = Spy
9 = Engineer

Team Numbers:
2 = red
3 = blue

DOD:Source
CODE
Class numbers
0 = Rifleman
1 = Support
2 = Assault
3 = Sniper
4 = Machine Gunner
5 = Rocket

Team Numbers:
2 = Allies
3 = Axis
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
genmac
post Feb 9 2013, 10:05 AM
Post #2

RCBot Guru

Group: Waypointers
Member No.: 2,098

AWESOME!!!
I was just about to release another wpt along a video for it but I guess I have to use and add those new stuff and show them on this little vid hehe. Much much much tnx for this new update Cheeseh!!!

I'm gonna go straight to dod_strand and dod_longestday hehe finally gonna play it without assisting the allies on bombing those barbed wires and stuff.

Edit....wow their awesome at dod_strand!
At dod_goodwood_b3 haven't seen them plant bombs on some walls yet though but that's ok kinda like them using the main routes.
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Feb 9 2013, 11:57 AM
Post #3

Admin

QUOTE(genmac @ Feb 9 2013, 11:05 AM) *

AWESOME!!!
I was just about to release another wpt along a video for it but I guess I have to use and add those new stuff and show them on this little vid hehe. Much much much tnx for this new update Cheeseh!!!

I'm gonna go straight to dod_strand and dod_longestday hehe finally gonna play it without assisting the allies on bombing those barbed wires and stuff.

Edit....wow their awesome at dod_strand!
At dod_goodwood_b3 haven't seen them plant bombs on some walls yet though but that's ok kinda like them using the main routes.

Yeah on goodwood they might only place bombs after a few minutes of playing rather than straight away... If they can find another way through they will go that way...
+Quote Post
TesterYYY
post Feb 9 2013, 01:12 PM
Post #4

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,251

Thanks for update and for dod_longestday_b5 waypoints.
+Quote Post
Fillmore
post Feb 9 2013, 01:28 PM
Post #5

RCBot Guru

Member No.: 1,511

Is MvM support fixed?
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Feb 10 2013, 12:36 AM
Post #6

Admin

QUOTE(Fillmore @ Feb 9 2013, 02:28 PM) *

Is MvM support fixed?

it wasn't on the to-do list unfortunately, although I'll make it the focus for the next release
+Quote Post
genmac
post Feb 10 2013, 08:20 AM
Post #7

RCBot Guru

hehe what's that MvM?

also how to use these new wpting commands?
do we need to touch the wpt on using them or just using wpt ids?
waypointing: added pathwaypoint removefromto , and pathwaypoint createfromto commands
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Feb 10 2013, 10:05 AM
Post #8

Admin

QUOTE(genmac @ Feb 10 2013, 09:20 AM) *

hehe what's that MvM?

also how to use these new wpting commands?
do we need to touch the wpt on using them or just using wpt ids?

only waypoint ids

rcbot pathwaypoint removefromto <id1> <id2>

e.g.

rcbot pathwaypoint removefromto 120 230

will remove the path from waypoint id 120 to 230

BTW MvM is a co-op TF2 game mode. The bots support it (it won't crash or anything) but they won't defend the point yet. It won't be hard to add, so i'll look at it next
+Quote Post
genmac
post Feb 10 2013, 11:03 AM
Post #9

RCBot Guru

Very nice! Now it's way more easier on connecting wpts that are way too close to each other for
better path usage. Much tnx for adding it really quickly.
+Quote Post
apdonato
post Feb 28 2013, 05:14 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 2,258

lots of nice improvements in the new update, but I still get plenty of crashes in TF2... please make the crash fixing your top priority in your next update!
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Mar 1 2013, 06:22 AM
Post #11

Admin

i think the jump waypoint behaviour differences is due to a side effect when adding bomb waypoints, which shouldn't happen and is a bug. So I'll be looking at fixing that
+Quote Post
apdonato
post Mar 1 2013, 05:43 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 2,258

my biggest gripes:

- the waypoint marker "openslater" doesn't work
- bots move 20% too slow
- still crashes a lot
- engineer bots getting stuck in spawn still eludes me

is there any support for attacking/defending multiple points? (gravelpit/junction), because its impossible to make a proper script for those maps if they can't attack/defend 2 points

if they do there must be some script command I don't know of because all of the general codes with combinations have led to no success on my end
+Quote Post
Boxmanbr
post Apr 8 2013, 06:08 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 2,268

I don't know if this bot needs and update for TF2, the bots no longer aims on enemies anymore, they walk looking to the direction they spawned in the game. The rest is all correct as what I see.
I don't know if this is profile related, I didn't tested RCBot 2 with the default profiles, I recreated all profiles with the same info but different names.

visionticks_clients = 10
visionticks = 26
pathticks = 91
braveness = 69
aimskill = 58
sensitivity = 9
model = default
class = -1
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Apr 11 2013, 06:18 PM
Post #14

RCBot Guru

Member No.: 2,162

Hi Boxmanbr,

I may not be much help on this, because I'm new to RCbot2 & currently don't have TF2 sad.gif . As far as I know the bots should still be working on TF2, unless a recent steam update broke them (like on dods). Maybe a little clarification of your situation would be useful to get a better answer?

It sounds like this may of been a working installation that just stopped working, or is this a new install of RCbot2? There was a recent TF2 update, is that when they stopped working?

Also, I guess what you are saying, is they aim but won't shoot at enemies? Or do they just seem lost & ignor enemies completely? Will they shoot at you as an enemy?

Now if this was RCbot1, I would say a couple of those profile settings would be high, but I'm not yet up to speed on RCbot2 profiles, so I can't say for sure. The symptom you are giving doesn't really sound like a profile problem, unless something in there is way off?

madmax2
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Apr 12 2013, 04:10 AM
Post #15

Admin

QUOTE(madmax2 @ Apr 11 2013, 07:18 PM) *

Hi Boxmanbr,

I may not be much help on this, because I'm new to RCbot2 & currently don't have TF2 sad.gif . As far as I know the bots should still be working on TF2, unless a recent steam update broke them (like on dods). Maybe a little clarification of your situation would be useful to get a better answer?

It sounds like this may of been a working installation that just stopped working, or is this a new install of RCbot2? There was a recent TF2 update, is that when they stopped working?

Also, I guess what you are saying, is they aim but won't shoot at enemies? Or do they just seem lost & ignor enemies completely? Will they shoot at you as an enemy?

Now if this was RCbot1, I would say a couple of those profile settings would be high, but I'm not yet up to speed on RCbot2 profiles, so I can't say for sure. The symptom you are giving doesn't really sound like a profile problem, unless something in there is way off?

madmax2

it sounds like the bots sensitivity or general sensitivity is too low. check rcbot_anglespeed (Or there is a weird divide by zero error)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 11:18 AM