Reply to this topicStart new topic
> RCbot failed to load, RCbot failed to load even in Insecure mode
cerberus416
post Sep 15 2015, 12:56 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,410

Any Help would be appreciated. RCbot will still work on Day of Defeat Source
Whenever i load up Team Fortress 2, even when it's in Insecure mode I got this from console:

Loading unsigned module ..\bin\HPB_Bot2
Access to secure servers is disabled.
[RCBOT] Found interface INTERFACEVERSION_PLAYERINFOMANAGER IPlayerInfoManager playerinfomanager
[RCBOT] Found interface INTERFACEVERSION_VENGINESERVER IVEngineServer engine
Trying... VFileSystem022
[RCBOT] Found interface "VFileSystem" IFileSystem filesystem, ver = 022
[RCBot] HL2 MOD ID 4 (Steam Folder = Team Fortress 2) (Game Folder = tf) FOUND
[RCBOT] Found interface INTERFACEVERSION_ISERVERPLUGINHELPERS IServerPluginHelpers helpers
[RCBOT] Found interface INTERFACEVERSION_ENGINETRACE_SERVER IEngineTrace enginetrace
[RCBOT] Found interface INTERFACEVERSION_SERVERGAMEENTS IServerGameEnts servergameents
[RCBOT] Found interface IEFFECTS_INTERFACE_VERSION IEffects g_pEffects
[RCBOT] Found interface INTERFACEVERSION_PLAYERBOTMANAGER IBotManager g_pBotManager
[RCBOT] Found interface VDEBUG_OVERLAY_INTERFACE_VERSION IVDebugOverlay debugoverlay
[RCBOT] Found interface INTERFACEVERSION_GAMEEVENTSMANAGER2 IGameEventManager2 gameeventmanager
[RCBOT] Found interface INTERFACEVERSION_GAMEEVENTSMANAGER IGameEventManager gameeventmanager1
Trying... ServerGameDLL008
Trying... ServerGameDLL007
Trying... ServerGameDLL006
Trying... ServerGameDLL005
Trying... ServerGameDLL004
Trying... ServerGameDLL003
[RCBOT] Cannot open interface "ServerGameDLL" IServerGameDLL servergamedll (Max ver: 8) Min ver: (2)
Failed to load plugin "../bin/HPB_Bot2"
Unable to load plugin "../bin/HPB_Bot2"
Unknown command "rcbot_runplayer_cmd_tf2"

I suspect it was the latest TF2 update that cause this problem.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Derik555
post Sep 15 2015, 01:32 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 2,389

Same problem definitely caused by the latest update we just have to wait for cheesh
+Quote Post
Nightc0re
post Sep 15 2015, 07:09 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 2,397

I assume that you are using the native rcbot plugin.

However, Cheeseh is currently not updating the native plugin. He is currently developing the metamod plugin.
I also used the source code of his metamod plugin for my rcbot version, and it is working fine.

I've downloaded and installed the latest TF2 server and the latest metamod snapshot from here:
http://www.metamodsource.net/snapshots

My plugin (Link) is working fine (only tested for Windows at the moment, but I'm sure Linux will also work with the latest snapshot).
If you want to use the latest plugin from Cheeseh, use this link:
http://sourceforge.net/p/rcbot2/code/HEAD/tree/utils/RCBot2_meta/Debug/rcbot2meta.dll?format=raw

But you also need metamod for this.
+Quote Post
Derik555
post Sep 15 2015, 08:18 PM
Post #4

Thanks alot ill try it out soon
+Quote Post
Nightc0re
post Sep 15 2015, 08:30 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Derik555 @ Sep 15 2015, 10:18 PM) *

Thanks alot ill try it out soon

EDIT: retarded question but where do i put the file and how do i get this working?

You can put this file anywhere, I usually put it in the "addons" folder, together with the other metamod plugins.
Afterwards you can load the plugin using "meta load", or you can use a "*.vdf" file.
This file contains the path to a metamod plugin. If the path is correct, the plugin will load automatically.

A folder structure and a ready-to-use *.vdf file, can be found in my thread here.
You can use my metamod plugin, or use the metamod plugin from Cheeseh, but make sure the file name is correctly spelled in the *.vdf file.

And don't forget to use the latest metamod source snapshot, because the current release 1.10.5 does not work.
Best regards
+Quote Post
Derik555
post Sep 15 2015, 08:41 PM
Post #6

So the bot gets loaded in fine and all however when i try to add a bot it says i dont have acces to the command

EDIT: nevermind i set the max players to 24 and it started working perfectly thanks alot is there any changelog btw?
+Quote Post
Derik555
post Sep 15 2015, 09:25 PM
Post #7

Btw i have found a weird bug that makes it unable for rcbots to create an rcb file
+Quote Post
Nightc0re
post Sep 15 2015, 11:33 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Derik555 @ Sep 15 2015, 10:41 PM) *
So the bot gets loaded in fine and all however when i try to add a bot it says i dont have acces to the command
EDIT: nevermind i set the max players to 24 and it started working perfectly thanks alot is there any changelog btw?

The Steam-IDs used in rcbot are different for TF2.

CODE
"STEAM_0:0:XXXXXX" => HL2, DOD:S
"[U:1:XXXXXX]" => TF2

RCBot is using a simple string comparison to check the user rights.
So you have to enter the corresponding Steam-ID (or both) to your config.

@Changelog:
There is a changelog in my first post here.
The general changelog for rcbot can be found here.

QUOTE(Derik555 @ Sep 15 2015, 11:25 PM) *
Btw i have found a weird bug that makes it unable for rcbots to create an rcb file

I was not touching the source code for waypoints. So this is probably a problem of rcbot itself.
You can describe the bug or even upload some log files (during debug mode) and maybe Cheeseh will look into it.
+Quote Post
cerberus416
post Sep 16 2015, 01:17 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 2,410

The RCbot metamod worked. Thanks for the help
+Quote Post
My Time
post Sep 17 2015, 12:10 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 2,256

Well just 15 mins ago both my DODS servers updated and now I get something a bit like the post above. And no I am not running the latest version . I am running .74R2 as this is the only version that is stable under a 24/7 server. But like above the bots will not load . running the latest sourcemod and metamod . Here is my server output ."66.6 fps 0/24 on map dod_kalt
Console initialized.
Using Breakpad minidump system. Version: 2971353 AppID: 232290
Loaded 802 VPK file hashes from C:\dods\dod\dod_pak.vpk for pure server operation.
Loaded 802 VPK file hashes from C:\dods\dod\dod_pak.vpk for pure server operation.
Loaded 1218 VPK file hashes from C:\dods\hl2\hl2_textures.vpk for pure server operation.
Loaded 574 VPK file hashes from C:\dods\hl2\hl2_sound_vo_english.vpk for pure server operation.
Loaded 383 VPK file hashes from C:\dods\hl2\hl2_sound_misc.vpk for pure server operation.
Loaded 446 VPK file hashes from C:\dods\hl2\hl2_misc.vpk for pure server operation.
Loaded 5 VPK file hashes from C:\dods\platform\platform_misc.vpk for pure server operation.
server.dll loaded for "Day of Defeat"
Failed to load plugin "../dod/addons/metamod/bin/server"
[RCBOT] Found interface INTERFACEVERSION_PLAYERINFOMANAGER IPlayerInfoManager playerinfomanager
[RCBOT] Found interface INTERFACEVERSION_VENGINESERVER IVEngineServer engine
Trying... VFileSystem022
[RCBOT] Found interface "VFileSystem" IFileSystem filesystem, ver = 022
[RCBot] Training DOD:S capture decision 'NN' ... hold on...
[RCBot] ... done!
[RCBOT] Found interface INTERFACEVERSION_ISERVERPLUGINHELPERS IServerPluginHelpers helpers
[RCBOT] Found interface INTERFACEVERSION_ENGINETRACE_SERVER IEngineTrace enginetrace
[RCBOT] Found interface INTERFACEVERSION_SERVERGAMEENTS IServerGameEnts servergameents
[RCBOT] Found interface IEFFECTS_INTERFACE_VERSION IEffects g_pEffects
[RCBOT] Found interface INTERFACEVERSION_PLAYERBOTMANAGER IBotManager g_pBotManager
[RCBOT] Found interface VDEBUG_OVERLAY_INTERFACE_VERSION IVDebugOverlay debugoverlay
[RCBOT] Found interface INTERFACEVERSION_GAMEEVENTSMANAGER2 IGameEventManager2 gameeventmanager
[RCBOT] Found interface INTERFACEVERSION_GAMEEVENTSMANAGER IGameEventManager gameeventmanager1
Trying... ServerGameDLL008
Trying... ServerGameDLL007
Trying... ServerGameDLL006
Trying... ServerGameDLL005
Trying... ServerGameDLL004
Trying... ServerGameDLL003
[RCBOT] Cannot open interface "ServerGameDLL" IServerGameDLL servergamedll (Max ver: 8) Min ver: (2)

+Quote Post
Nightc0re
post Sep 17 2015, 03:27 AM
Post #11

Advanced Member

QUOTE(My Time @ Sep 17 2015, 02:10 AM) *

Well just 15 mins ago both my DODS servers updated and now I get something a bit like the post above. And no I am not running the latest version . I am running .74R2 as this is the only version that is stable under a 24/7 server. But like above the bots will not load . running the latest sourcemod and metamod . Here is my server output ."66.6 fps 0/24 on map dod_kalt

Failed to load plugin "../dod/addons/metamod/bin/server"

It looks like, they have also updated DOD:S, which means, that none of the native rcbot plugins are working (at the moment).
And your version ".74R2" will never ever work again with the newest dedicated servers, unless somebody is compiling this version with new server interface.

However, the metamod plugin from Cheeseh is working fine. (For TF2, not tested with DOD:S)
But you have to upgrade metamod source to the latest snapshot.

I'm using 1.11.0-git990 from the snapshots.
https://www.metamodsource.net/snapshots

I cannot maintain the native plugins, because I don't have a clue about the server interfaces.
And Chesseh is currently updating the metamod plugins.

I'm afraid that using metamod is the only option at the moment, if you want to use the latest dedicated servers.
+Quote Post
daunknownman2010
post Sep 17 2015, 08:17 AM
Post #12

Member No.: 2,359

The latest Source Engine update fixed a major security breach, it's better for plugins to break than getting screwed by the exploit that happened (It was really bad). Hopefully Cheeseh will push an update for RCBots soon.
+Quote Post
genmac
post Sep 17 2015, 09:28 AM
Post #13

RCBot Guru

Group: Waypointers
Member No.: 2,098

Yeah some users lost all their games bec. of that source game exploit.

For those new to metamod source I say your fun to source games have just been extended coz I can't live without all my metamod and sourcemod plugins running.
+Quote Post
Nightc0re
post Sep 17 2015, 12:43 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

QUOTE(daunknownman2010 @ Sep 17 2015, 10:17 AM) *
The latest Source Engine update fixed a major security breach, it's better for plugins to break than getting screwed by the exploit that happened (It was really bad). Hopefully Cheeseh will push an update for RCBots soon.

Thanks for the info. I used the native plugins once, until I saw there is a newer metamod version smile.gif

QUOTE(genmac @ Sep 17 2015, 11:28 AM) *
Yeah some users lost all their games bec. of that source game exploit.

For those new to metamod source I say your fun to source games have just been extended coz I can't live without all my metamod and sourcemod plugins running.

I can confirm that smile.gif
+Quote Post
My Time
post Sep 17 2015, 07:51 PM
Post #15

Well I would love to just use the newest version ,and did for a week. The bots play so much better . It would still crash the server at least 3 or 4 times a day. NightC0re while you was testing did you create a server and leave it up for others to join for more than a few days ? Most of my crashes happen when a new player would join. Nothing in the sourcemod logs about it. You could be playing and see the message about so and so joining game and then bam the server would freeze and then restart. Two or three players was fine but anymore than that and it would go down. With .74R2 it would run for a week or better and not crash. That is the only reason I kept using it.
+Quote Post
Nightc0re
post Sep 17 2015, 10:56 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

QUOTE(My Time @ Sep 17 2015, 09:51 PM) *

Well I would love to just use the newest version ,and did for a week. The bots play so much better . It would still crash the server at least 3 or 4 times a day. NightC0re while you was testing did you create a server and leave it up for others to join for more than a few days ? Most of my crashes happen when a new player would join. Nothing in the sourcemod logs about it. You could be playing and see the message about so and so joining game and then bam the server would freeze and then restart. Two or three players was fine but anymore than that and it would go down. With .74R2 it would run for a week or better and not crash. That is the only reason I kept using it.

Thanks for the info, it seems related to this bug.

If the server is crashing,
you can add this parameters to the server command:
-console -debug -game dod +log on

It will create a debug.log with detailed information about the crash.
This would help me and Chesseh a lot.

But you will have to wait for a week or two, because I'm currently writing my master thesis, and it's getting stressful ^^
+Quote Post
My Time
post Sep 19 2015, 12:02 AM
Post #17

Ok thanks for the info on how to get a log to help out. Good luck with your schooling. Every bit helps!
+Quote Post
My Time
post Sep 19 2015, 02:12 AM
Post #18

I also had to change the offset from 417 to 418 to keep the server from crashing as soon as I join. Anybody else doing the same?
+Quote Post
Nightc0re
post Sep 19 2015, 12:32 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

QUOTE(My Time @ Sep 19 2015, 04:12 AM) *

I also had to change the offset from 417 to 418 to keep the server from crashing as soon as I join. Anybody else doing the same?

Yeah, the linux offsets also changed.
Seems they have updated the player classes.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 05:38 AM