Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Route Waypoints, New route waypoint addition
Cheeseh
post Nov 13 2009, 10:39 PM
Post #1

Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

The new route waypoint addition allows bots to easily choose different routes to go to the Flag or Capture point

To do this, "route" waypoints must be added to a map. At least 2 or more route waypoints should be added to be effective.

Route waypoints should have a team set, i.e. noredteam or noblueteam. by using the givetype command.

If it is a CP map then the route waypoints should have the same area as the attacking CP point area that the bot will go to while using the route waypoint.

The bot will only use a route waypoint if it is useful, however there may be some occurences when a bug may happen.

Have a look at these Paint images!

sample map...
the areas are all 3, for example
IPB Image

the bot is located here, and sees that each of these are useful
IPB Image

bot will not use any route because they are bot hat a large angle from the goal, i.e. the bot would have to go backwards
IPB Image

bot won't use route 2 because it is at a large angle from the goal
IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
JRob
post May 5 2011, 02:05 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,970

Can I make an existing waypoint a route and no(red/blue)team? Is the no(red/blue)team necessary?

I'm just wondering if the bots on the other team will still use it if it for normal travel if it is the only waypoint linking 2 areas, or if I have to make another waypoint right by it that doesn't have a no(red/blue)team.
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post May 26 2011, 12:16 PM
Post #3

Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(JRob @ May 5 2011, 02:05 AM) *

Can I make an existing waypoint a route and no(red/blue)team? Is the no(red/blue)team necessary?

I'm just wondering if the bots on the other team will still use it if it for normal travel if it is the only waypoint linking 2 areas, or if I have to make another waypoint right by it that doesn't have a no(red/blue)team.

if both teams can use it then the team flag isn;t necessary

they will only use routes when they are getting the flag or going to the cap point etc.

u can turn an original waypoint into a route, as it is also considered a normal waypoint too
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:55 PM