Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Working with Scout Update, Please try this test DLL
Geralt
post May 21 2009, 12:44 PM
Post #21

RCBot Fan

Group: Waypointers
Member No.: 1,465

I'm not sure when my new waypoints will come out, mate. I get pretty busy and don't really have that much free time, and when I do, I like to play a bit instead of waypointing - hopefully I can finish it by Monday or Tuesday if the Sniper/Spy update doesn't break the mod again. They are good suggestions too, hopefully Cheeseh can find some time to do some of that. Also, about promoting the mod, I have posted a topic about it on the Official Steam Forums - I'm sure a lot of people do know about the mod, and do use it; but many people would just play online instead. (I play online and against bots, which is why I am so interested and 'involved' with RCBot)

Hopefully Valve will soon release the bot interface, so Dr Evil can release Omni-Bot and/or Cheeseh has more flexibility in creating RCBot. Also, if you know of any top quality custom CTF maps, feel free to PM me links to them and I'll waypoint them for the first waypoint pack - if I get the time, of course.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
KeReMiD4O
post May 21 2009, 12:49 PM
Post #22

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,175

I think cheeseh has a lot of work, and doesn't want to promote the bots, because they are in alpha status.
I made a topic in the steampowered forums, and i think that was enough for now.

Had a little more play with the bots.

(before the scout update, i saw somewhere in this forum, pictures of new nav system. (can't remember where) Is this nav system implemented?)
Also engi bot upgrades sentry until his metal runs out (dispenser behind him...). So he has 200 metal, upgrades to lvl2, instead of waiting from the dispenser and upgrading, the bots sits for a few seconds (gets around 7 metal), and then goes to spawn to get metal.
Heavys shoot from a big distance with machine gun, instead of shotgun (or get away from the fight).
The medic uses needle gun more often than medigun (combat medic biggrin.gif). And if he shoots with it, he doesn't try to aim a bit higher to compensate the distance, instead the crosshair is on the enemy and the needles fall down on the ground before the enemy. (aiming a little higher calculating the distance and angle to hit it should work).
+Quote Post
LoopyDood
post May 22 2009, 01:02 AM
Post #23

Member No.: 1,489

Can anyone confirm if these work with the new Spy/Sniper update?
+Quote Post
KeReMiD4O
post May 22 2009, 01:52 AM
Post #24

Member No.: 1,175

Yes, they do work (: I have tested it.
+Quote Post
Kramer
post May 22 2009, 02:24 AM
Post #25

Member No.: 1,542

Yeah it DO work. By the way gerault, I check on Steam and there a thread but many still don't know it work with Scout update again. I think someone should update that thread smile.gif

--------------------------------

Btw, I know now why I always win after 10 minute. Rather than randomly spawning bot, I decided to spawn one from each class (18 bot) and another 11 bot including 3 engineer to each side to prevent quick winning.This is for a 15 vs 15 fight.

I play for 20 minute without a score since it is heavily guarded by sentries!! biggrin.gif I also saw clever placement of turrent in sewer in 2fort. The only solution for me is to use Spy and place electro-sapper to win!

Hopefully, the electro-sapper problem could be fix as I think bots could be near-unbeatable if they identify Spy correctly! Also, the heavy use of teleporter like placing one in opposition sewer in ctf_2fort so the action are more tactical. I only saw teleporter used once in ctf_turbine which I think quite clever of the bot. Somehow I think the more the bot, the better!

P.S: there only 22 profile. how about making it to 30+ with bot name like cheesah, gerault etc. I already make a profile name of this!
+Quote Post
Geralt
post May 22 2009, 03:04 AM
Post #26

RCBot Fan

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/show...ad.php?t=865439

That is the thread I created, and its up to date. smile.gif
+Quote Post
Kramer
post May 22 2009, 06:13 AM
Post #27

LOL, that's a quick 5 page after you post the update. I guess people post more on steampowered rather tha here.

Find another issue, in ctf_2fort, Heavy Gunner always sit on the balcony and fire from long distance regardless of its safety from sniper fire and soldier rocket.
+Quote Post
LoopyDood
post May 22 2009, 02:17 PM
Post #28

QUOTE(KeReMiD4O @ May 21 2009, 09:52 PM) *

Yes, they do work (: I have tested it.

Wohoo!
Now I just have to find a way to GET that update, being on dialup and all.
+Quote Post
Geralt
post May 22 2009, 02:22 PM
Post #29

RCBot Fan

If you already have Team Fortress 2 installed, then you should just download the update overnight. It will take more than one night on dial-up, but you could still download it.

Download the first night, and pause the download during the next day... then start the download before you go to bed, then pause it when you wake up, etc.

I think if you keep doing that, it won't take more than 5 days to complete the download - that, of course, depends on how many hours you sleep though.
+Quote Post
Zeta
post May 22 2009, 02:28 PM
Post #30

Member No.: 1,524

could it be used for dods? any chance of a linux version? i can be beta tester if you need. kind regards.

Zeta
+Quote Post
LoopyDood
post May 22 2009, 02:32 PM
Post #31

QUOTE(Geralt @ May 22 2009, 10:22 AM) *

If you already have Team Fortress 2 installed, then you should just download the update overnight. It will take more than one night on dial-up, but you could still download it.

Download the first night, and pause the download during the next day... then start the download before you go to bed, then pause it when you wake up, etc.

I think if you keep doing that, it won't take more than 5 days to complete the download - that, of course, depends on how many hours you sleep though.

That's what I usually do, but for some reason Steam isn't even finding the update this time.
My solution now is bringing Steam to my school on an 8GB flash drive and downloading it here. (Which is what I'm doing right now.)
+Quote Post
Kramer
post May 22 2009, 04:23 PM
Post #32

Another bug I found is a waypoint issue. In ctf_turbine, I place a exit teleporter in the opposition airduct tunnel but the waypoint is only for the front part not the part near the briefcase. Hence, bot only stay without moving.

So maybe placing waypoint in the tunnel so bot could move?

Another thing is spy sometimes reveal itself by shooting when waiting for a briefcase in enemy briefcase area even when enemy not in area(ctf_turbine)

Btw, I can't equip different item like changing the Sandman to a normal bat as the button won't respond. Can I change it through editing some files?
+Quote Post
NifesNforks
post May 23 2009, 06:16 PM
Post #33

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,450

QUOTE(Kramer @ May 22 2009, 04:24 AM) *

P.S: there only 22 profile. how about making it to 30+ with bot name like cheesah, gerault etc. I already make a profile name of this!

Y'know, you could make your own profiles, its pretty easy. Go to Steam\steamapps\YOURACCOUNT\rcbot2\profiles\, copy the 22.ini, rename it to 23, open it, replace the name with something different, save, DONE!

Then rename the next one to 24, then 25 etc, etc.
+Quote Post
Kramer
post May 24 2009, 03:06 AM
Post #34

QUOTE(Skeggar @ May 23 2009, 06:16 PM) *

Y'know, you could make your own profiles, its pretty easy. Go to Steam\steamapps\YOURACCOUNT\rcbot2\profiles\, copy the 22.ini, rename it to 23, open it, replace the name with something different, save, DONE!

Then rename the next one to 24, then 25 etc, etc.

Yep did that!

Will it work with Spy/Sniper update? Too afraid to download update now...
+Quote Post
Geralt
post May 24 2009, 03:57 AM
Post #35

RCBot Fan

Yeah mate it works with the new update - I've tried it. smile.gif
+Quote Post
killer89
post May 24 2009, 08:22 PM
Post #36

Member No.: 1,553

I'm not sure, if anyone else has noticed few things when playing with bots in offline:

- crash after few minutes of playing
(won't happen, if i spectate and let bots play against each other)

- bots move sometimes really fast. (even sentry had few times some problems, since bots moved too quickly.)

And yes, i'm using the latest version. (0.42)
+Quote Post
Geralt
post May 24 2009, 08:56 PM
Post #37

RCBot Fan

Crashing has been discussed before - it's not the Sniper/Spy update that's causing it.

Really fast? Mine are just fine. huh.gif
+Quote Post
killer89
post May 24 2009, 09:02 PM
Post #38

Member No.: 1,553

QUOTE(Geralt @ May 24 2009, 08:56 PM) *

Crashing has been discussed before - it's not the Sniper/Spy update that's causing it.

I didn't say so. wink.gif

I just said, that it's annoying.
+Quote Post
BluePen
post May 24 2009, 11:12 PM
Post #39

Member No.: 1,554

I just wanted to say:

Thanks very much for this bot!

I will be having to go without a net connection for a month or so and this will help me keep playing.
Hopefully the waypoint pack will be released soon smile.gif

Thanks so much for your hard work guys!
wub.gif
+Quote Post
Kramer
post May 25 2009, 07:14 AM
Post #40

Nice. I also be out for 2 week and replaced with dial up. SO Gerault any chance when waypoint for other ctf map like mach2 going to be release?

Really waiting for it to come by. smile.gif
+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:21 PM