IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> [Release]Infested Waypoints, Infested 1 & 2 rcw's for sc4.6 (4.7)
madmax2
post Dec 1 2012, 11:13 PM
Post #1

RCBot Guru

Group: Waypointers
Member No.: 2,162

Infested 1 & 2 waypoints for sc4.8/4.7/4.6/4.5

Infested 2:
Here is the rcw for Infested2, I didn't waypoint the bots to do everything, partly by choice & partly out of nessesity.

This is basicly a new rcw, but it does use a few waypoints from the old rcw. RCbots can run the whole map now and use the elevator/lift on thier own without player help, they will press the lift button & ride up lift smile.gif .

Probably the biggest problem for bots & waypointing in the map is at the very long ladder bots/players must go down. I usually don't waypoint ladders in the down direction, but it needs to be done here. Bots can go down it, but because of a time limit, it really needs to happen quickly, so thats the problem.

Overall, the rcw works fairly well. I may look at the ladder issue again at a later date, but wanted to get this out before sc4.7 is released. See the included readme for more details.

Infested 1:
For the first infested map, there is a good rcw in w00tguy123's RCbot pack (w00tguy123-bot-pack-v4-.rar). I don't know if it was done by him or not, oddly it's missing from the rcbot_sc_waypoints.zip? I did do some fixes/modifications to the infested 1 rcw, but not sure if I will upload it unless I can give proper credit. The main problem with the original rcw, is bots can't use the elevator/lift without a player to press the lift button (I fixed it). So, you may lose bots at this point in the map, about half way. Once past the library you can kick & re-add the bots, then they will forward spawn on the other side of the library. The rest of the rcw works good...

[edit] Ok, the w00tguy123-bot-pack-v4-.rar download links are bad now. Someone (jerkakame) repacked it with the rcbot_mm.dll for sc4.6 in the first post of this thread:

http://forums.svencoop.com/showthread.php?t=39937

Both infested maps are good fun maps, and work well with the bots.... smile.gif

Later,
madmax2

[edit 1-7-14]
Updated/fixed Infested.rcw for sc4.8/4.7 (Release3) ... see post3 for details

Attached File  infested1_rcw3.zip ( 8.16k ) Number of downloads: 571

The sc4.6 Infested2.rcw is still working good in sc4.8/4.7

Attached File  infested2_rcw.zip ( 4.08k ) Number of downloads: 540

Optional bot_weapons.ini... more uzi action, less pythons smile.gif... see post3 for details

[edit 9-15-15] I have made changes to the bot_weapons.ini, there are 2 ini's included now, see the readme for details on the weapon selection order. Uzi's are still high priority with both ini's.

rcbot_weapons_ini_2.zip
http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index....post&id=518
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Jan 27 2013, 12:16 AM
Post #2

RCBot Guru

Ok, I decided to upload a modified infested 1 rcw smile.gif . The most important change is at the elevator, bots will use it on thier own without player help. Bots will also use both routes to the heli-pad. See the readme for more details. And both infested 1 & 2 rcw's have been verified to work in sc4.7, 4.6, & 4.5.

Have fun,
madmax2

[edit 1-28-13] Ok, it's updated smile.gif ... I changed the truck area so all the bots no longer immediately jump into the truck. To many bots in the truck caused some minor problems. Bots will follow player into truck now, see readme for details.

[edit 12-21-13] I just discovered this rcw is not working in sc4.8 unsure.gif ! Not sure why yet, but bots won't move out of spawn area, they freeze. debug shows their task as defend! For now, for sc4.8, use the rcw from w00tguy's pack, it still works. The infested2 rcw above still seems to be working ok in sc4.8...

[edit 12-23-13] I found the problem with this rcw in sc4.8, and can fix it. Just not sure why it didn't show up with sc4.7 rcbots? Should have a fixed rcw soon.... The holidays may get in the way tho...
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Jan 8 2014, 05:58 AM
Post #3

RCBot Guru

Infested1 rcw, Release3

Here is a fixed/updated rcw for infested, for sc4.8/4.7. It should be ok for sc4.6/4.5 too.

-----------------------
Rev3 Changes:
-----------------------
The main purpose for this update was, the bots were frozen, would not move, with the newest rcbots in sc4.8. It was also occuring in sc4.7 with the latest rcbots, but bots worked properly with the feb 2013 build of rcbot for sc4.7. I found there were 2 defend flags on 2 objective wpts. This was causing bots to go into defend mode from anywhere on the map, appearing to be frozen. After removing one defend flag, they began to move, but would randomly freeze up at intervals. Removing all the defend flags from the rcw fixed the issue for sc4.8 & 4.7.

I also did a number of other adjustments to the rcw, such as tweaks for smoother navigation in a few places. The other major changes are...

added pain/death wpt to the laser door, bots rarely suicide on them now, and find the panels to disable the lasers...

added new wpts/paths on 2nd floor at big momma room, so bots use 2nd floor more and can shoot down on big momma too...

at helipad, added new wpts/paths, and connected to wpts & new unreachable wpts near snipers. now bots can shoot back at snipers, sometimes. I moved bots closer to the edge, the snipers seem to be at or near the bots maximum visable range. So they still have a hard time seeing them, or getting into range before they get sniped, killing a couple snipers will help bots get into range. Bots will shoot at the snipers with both the sniper rifle & the RPG now smile.gif ...

Get the updated infested.rcw from the first post...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, here is a optional bot_weapons.ini...

I got tired of the bots using the python (357) so much in these two maps. So changed a few things in this one. Bots will use the uzi's a lot more, see the readme for details... Be sure to backup your original bot_weapons.ini... I'm still tweaking/testing this...

[edit 9-15-15] I have made changes to the bot_weapons.ini, there are 2 ini's included now, see the readme for details on the weapon selection order. Uzi's are still high priority with both ini's.

rcbot_weapons_ini_2.zip
http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index....post&id=518

Have fun... wink.gif
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:23 PM