Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> help with script
Otakumanu
post Jul 12 2010, 11:31 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,817

Im currently having some problems with the script.
Ive waypointed this map:
cp_dam
But I dont know how to script it. Ive tried and failed misaberaly, and reading the tutorial did not helped.
Can someone help me?

Attached File(s)
Attached File  cap_dam_waypoint_alpha_1.rar ( 7.33k ) Number of downloads: 30
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Fillmore
post Jul 12 2010, 12:06 PM
Post #2

RCBot Guru

Group: Waypointers
Member No.: 1,511

QUOTE(Otakumanu @ Jul 12 2010, 11:31 AM) *

Im currently having some problems with the script.
Ive waypointed this map:
cp_dam
But I dont know how to script it. Ive tried and failed misaberaly, and reading the tutorial did not helped.
Can someone help me?

It's pretty simple for CP. First type rcbot debug gameevent 1 in console. Then stand on a point and open your console. Look for a cpname = tag in there. If it was Cap_1_A, we would have:

:on_blue_cap:Cap_1_A

Getting bots to know where to attack and defend also is simple. Start the script with a area id the first control point has, for example.

:attack_defend_map:1
:on_reset:
:setup_time:70
:blue_attack:1
:blue_defend:0
:red_attack:0
:red_defend:1

In short, Cap site waypoint has capture givetype and an area of 1, therefore BLU recognizes it as where to go, and RED knows what to defend. Always remember to place defend givetypes with the correct area, otherwise bots might defend point 1 when point 2 needs defense. One more thing is areas. These quite simply are the area id's you gave, but they're part of the script. For example.

:area:1,2 <---- Gives bots info on what waypoints are allowed, depending on it's area. 0 isn't needed in there.
+Quote Post
Otakumanu
post Jul 13 2010, 11:08 AM
Post #3

QUOTE(Fillmore @ Jul 12 2010, 01:06 PM) *

It's pretty simple for CP. First type rcbot debug gameevent 1 in console. Then stand on a point and open your console. Look for a cpname = tag in there. If it was Cap_1_A, we would have:

:on_blue_cap:Cap_1_A

Getting bots to know where to attack and defend also is simple. Start the script with a area id the first control point has, for example.

:attack_defend_map:1
:on_reset:
:setup_time:70

In short, Cap site waypoint has capture givetype and an area of 1, therefore BLU recognizes it as where to go, and RED knows what to defend. Always remember to place defend givetypes with the correct area, otherwise bots might defend point 1 when point 2 needs defense. One more thing is areas. These quite simply are the area id's you gave, but they're part of the script. For example.

:area:1,2 <---- Gives bots info on what waypoints are allowed, depending on it's area. 0 isn't needed in there.

Iknow Im being boring with this, but I still dont understand it very well... unsure.gif
I started the script from the Well script, since for some reason, the points in this map have Wells name.
I just changed the script name, but i still dont understand the all areas thing. It seems to me that some areas appear to be on the script on positions I dont understand. huh.gif
+Quote Post
Fillmore
post Jul 13 2010, 05:27 PM
Post #4

RCBot Guru

QUOTE(Otakumanu @ Jul 13 2010, 11:08 AM) *

Iknow Im being boring with this, but I still dont understand it very well... unsure.gif
I started the script from the Well script, since for some reason, the points in this map have Wells name.
I just changed the script name, but i still dont understand the all areas thing. It seems to me that some areas appear to be on the script on positions I dont understand. huh.gif

The areas thing is where you place the ID's of the defends, sentry and sniper spots. Let's say Well again and use left to right to give each point an unique number. 1 to 5. 3 would be the center. So if you place defend spots where the bots would defend the center point, use rcbot waypoint setarea 3 to give them the area 3 the script tells. Also, define positions.
+Quote Post
Otakumanu
post Jul 14 2010, 03:00 PM
Post #5

QUOTE(Fillmore @ Jul 13 2010, 06:27 PM) *

The areas thing is where you place the ID's of the defends, sentry and sniper spots. Let's say Well again and use left to right to give each point an unique number. 1 to 5. 3 would be the center. So if you place defend spots where the bots would defend the center point, use rcbot waypoint setarea 3 to give them the area 3 the script tells. Also, define positions.

Thanks, I understand it now.I managed to give the areas and the bots finally capture.
But, still it has many problems.
Thanks, I would have never did it without you, nor the well ways.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  waypoint_cp_dam_alpha_2.rar ( 7.84k ) Number of downloads: 20
+Quote Post
Fillmore
post Jul 14 2010, 09:17 PM
Post #6

RCBot Guru

QUOTE(Otakumanu @ Jul 14 2010, 03:00 PM) *

Thanks, I understand it now.I managed to give the areas and the bots finally capture.
But, still it has many problems.
Thanks, I would have never did it without you, nor the well ways.

No problem, just giving a hand to a rather difficult thing. tongue.gif
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:52 PM