> Desired Additions to Waypoint Editing
Cheeseh
post Jul 12 2009, 07:01 PM
Post #1

Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Hi all.

I am willing to accept some additions to the waypoint editing to make making waypoints easier.

At the moment I added a "copy" and "paste" function for the next version,

I also added drawtype 2 which shows waypoint info on every nearby waypoint, which can be useful

but anymore simple to implement additions are welcome that can help with editing waypoints.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Fillmore
post Jul 12 2009, 07:31 PM
Post #2

RCBot Guru

Group: Waypointers
Member No.: 1,511

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Jul 12 2009, 07:01 PM) *

Hi all.

I am willing to accept some additions to the waypoint editing to make making waypoints easier.

At the moment I added a "copy" and "paste" function for the next version,

I also added drawtype 2 which shows waypoint info on every nearby waypoint, which can be useful

but anymore simple to implement additions are welcome that can help with editing waypoints.

Will you try to add multiperson waypointing for listen servers?
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Jul 12 2009, 11:35 PM
Post #3

Admin

QUOTE(Fillmore @ Jul 12 2009, 08:31 PM) *

Will you try to add multiperson waypointing for listen servers?

Unfortunately I can't do that due to engine limitations. It is limited to only the listen server host player at the moment. Until valve change their effects code...
+Quote Post
Geralt
post Jul 12 2009, 11:37 PM
Post #4

RCBot Fan

Member No.: 1,465

It would be handy to have a command that can move an already placed waypoint, while keeping the links. (Hover over waypoint, type in command, move to another position, type command again, waypoint moves to that position keeping the same links.)
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Jul 13 2009, 01:07 AM
Post #5

Admin

QUOTE(Geralt @ Jul 13 2009, 12:37 AM) *

It would be handy to have a command that can move an already placed waypoint, while keeping the links. (Hover over waypoint, type in command, move to another position, type command again, waypoint moves to that position keeping the same links.)

Hi geralt . Yeah seems like a good idea .

Sjru . U think u should make a new thread with your suggestions as they are not particularly relevant to the actual editing of waypoints smile.gif but they are important suggestions I think u should put them in a new thread
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Jul 13 2009, 02:20 PM
Post #6

Admin

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Jul 13 2009, 02:07 AM) *

Hi geralt . Yeah seems like a good idea .

Sjru . U think u should make a new thread with your suggestions as they are not particularly relevant to the actual editing of waypoints smile.gif but they are important suggestions I think u should put them in a new thread

Sjru and Fillmore, I splt the topic and made a new topic, because they are for different types of additions, as this is for waypoint editing. here it is:
http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1242
+Quote Post
Sjru
post Jul 14 2009, 12:22 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,567

Hi there, if that's the case, can you add autowaypointing features?
Because i didn't found any.

Autowaypoint should be great to do the first waypoint thing, later cleaning. (or to waypoint large areas fast)
+Quote Post
Fillmore
post Jul 14 2009, 12:17 PM
Post #8

RCBot Guru

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Jul 12 2009, 11:35 PM) *

Unfortunately I can't do that due to engine limitations. It is limited to only the listen server host player at the moment. Until valve change their effects code...

I noticed you can waypoint with more than one person. Because he can't see the waypoints, I have to follow him every once in a while.
He can't give types to waypoints either.
+Quote Post
MiroslavR
post Aug 24 2009, 12:33 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 1,321

QUOTE(Sjru @ Jul 14 2009, 02:22 AM) *

Hi there, if that's the case, can you add autowaypointing features?
Because i didn't found any.

Autowaypoint should be great to do the first waypoint thing, later cleaning. (or to waypoint large areas fast)

I don't know if Sjru means waypoint autogenerate or autowaypoint just like in HPB Bots. Anyway, if he means that second (original HPB Bot autowaypoint - put automatically waypoint, where you stand, only if you are far from other waypoints near you at maximum distance between waypoints, so you don't have to place them manually on huge empty places - useful thingy), I agree with him. You should do that, it'd easier for anyone and waypoints would look nicer biggrin.gif !
+Quote Post
wyn10
post Sep 2 2009, 11:58 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 1,626

Add a function to add easy waypointing for cp maps.

Ex: For the red team you would make a waypoint of each cp and name it cp1 for it to go too.

Or just give a waypoint the type for capping a point without needing to make a script.
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Sep 3 2009, 07:07 PM
Post #11

Admin

QUOTE(wyn10 @ Sep 3 2009, 12:58 AM) *

Add a function to add easy waypointing for cp maps.

Ex: For the red team you would make a waypoint of each cp and name it cp1 for it to go too.

Or just give a waypoint the type for capping a point without needing to make a script.

Yeah I was also thinking about that.

Although in the mean time you can create a CP point and just use "rcbot wayponit copy" and paste it on each CP point to save time.
+Quote Post
DrPuffinKind
post Sep 4 2009, 06:03 PM
Post #12

RCBot Fan

Member No.: 1,638

i would like a way to force bots to focus on uncapped points before falling into the normal cap/defend scripting... on many custom maps the 2 teams start each owning a point and there are 1 to 5 uncapped points that they race to cap before fighting to gain control over the rest... with one uncapped point this is ok, but with more u face a problem... if u script the bots to defend/attack as normal, as soon a team caps a point the other team runs to attack that point, or just mills about (depending on areas and such)... if u take that mandatory defend line out of the script (this is how i got cp_orange_x3 to work) the bots push through the rotation to ultimately finish the map by capping all points, but the game is decided by who capped the middle point first... that team will focus on attacking next point and defending middle point, but opposition will not defend previous points so they will ultimately lose... most of the time....

am i overlooking an approach to this problem?... maybe... im new to this...

if not, then a waypoint that took precedence over the defend command until all uncapped points have been capped, would be sweet..

my 2 cents

edit: would also be nice if there was a way to direct snipers to aim in a general direction... maybe a special waypoint that links to a certain sniping point and the snipers point at it... or some such thing...
+Quote Post
Fillmore
post Sep 12 2009, 06:48 PM
Post #13

RCBot Guru

QUOTE(DrPuffinKind @ Sep 4 2009, 06:03 PM) *

i would like a way to force bots to focus on uncapped points before falling into the normal cap/defend scripting... on many custom maps the 2 teams start each owning a point and there are 1 to 5 uncapped points that they race to cap before fighting to gain control over the rest... with one uncapped point this is ok, but with more u face a problem... if u script the bots to defend/attack as normal, as soon a team caps a point the other team runs to attack that point, or just mills about (depending on areas and such)... if u take that mandatory defend line out of the script (this is how i got cp_orange_x3 to work) the bots push through the rotation to ultimately finish the map by capping all points, but the game is decided by who capped the middle point first... that team will focus on attacking next point and defending middle point, but opposition will not defend previous points so they will ultimately lose... most of the time....

am i overlooking an approach to this problem?... maybe... im new to this...

if not, then a waypoint that took precedence over the defend command until all uncapped points have been capped, would be sweet..

my 2 cents

edit: would also be nice if there was a way to direct snipers to aim in a general direction... maybe a special waypoint that links to a certain sniping point and the snipers point at it... or some such thing...

"Sniper"givetype used to do that,but after adding the "bots look around" thing,snipers don't aim where their supposed to,instead they aim all over the place.
And for your removal of "defend"
When bots aren't told to defend points,they bumrush the other point they want to cap next.
defend's a good thing to have,but it can strech out some maps for almost an eternity(I waypointed and scripted orange_x with defend spots,game ended after a 45 min Overtime)Bots don't react(in time) to enemy bots spawning right in their face,and blowing them into oblivion.
+Quote Post
DrPuffinKind
post Sep 12 2009, 08:04 PM
Post #14

RCBot Fan

Member No.: 1,638

QUOTE(Fillmore @ Sep 12 2009, 02:48 PM) *

"Sniper"givetype used to do that,but after adding the "bots look around" thing,snipers don't aim where their supposed to,instead they aim all over the place.
And for your removal of "defend"
When bots aren't told to defend points,they bumrush the other point they want to cap next.
defend's a good thing to have,but it can strech out some maps for almost an eternity(I waypointed and scripted orange_x with defend spots,game ended after a 45 min Overtime)Bots don't react(in time) to enemy bots spawning right in their face,and blowing them into oblivion.

u miss understould me... i just want the defend command ignored until all but one point is owned by someone... that way they will "bumrush next point until they come together... then they fall back into a more traditional attack defend behavior... i sort of worked it out in the orang3_x3 and purple_x postings i released... but its sort of hacked up and could work a bit better with the changes i mentioned above... its ok though... a match with 8 bots (4 on 4) takes 15 - 20 minutes on either map on my server... (i imagine results varry with spawn times and other mods)
+Quote Post
Rhett
post Sep 28 2009, 04:53 AM
Post #15

Member No.: 214

Nice =P

Didn't see anything like this, so, as I just started waypointing myself...

What about a command to disable all connections to the waypoint you're standing on?

both to and from (or an option for either?)

Would really be handy, especially if placing a waypoint that's in the middle of 5+ waypoints.

Thankya!
+Quote Post
NifesNforks
post Oct 2 2009, 01:38 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,450

I think its "rcbot pathwaypoint disable", and when you want some autowaypointing, just turn the disable into enable.
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Oct 2 2009, 02:10 PM
Post #17

Admin

QUOTE(Rhett @ Sep 28 2009, 05:53 AM) *

Nice =P

Didn't see anything like this, so, as I just started waypointing myself...

What about a command to disable all connections to the waypoint you're standing on?

both to and from (or an option for either?)

Would really be handy, especially if placing a waypoint that's in the middle of 5+ waypoints.
Thankya!

Thats'

rcbot pathwaypoint deleteto

and

rcbot pathwaypoint deletefrom

+Quote Post
NifesNforks
post Oct 2 2009, 03:49 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,450

Ah, that kind of disable all connections, my bad.
+Quote Post
Rudolf_Hess
post Oct 30 2009, 08:23 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 1,720

Waypoint menu of sorts

Dunno if these are needed or allready in

Autowaypoint on/off
Pathwaypoint create 1/2
Precsion Waypoint
Crouchjump waypoint
Autopath on/off
Pathwaypoint remove 1/2
Waypoint team specific on/off
Waypoint combine/merge

I'm guessing for unbalaced maps it could be possible for one person useing Waypoint team specific to do waypoints for one team then other person could do other teams waypoints then combine them?
+Quote Post
der.zoomer
post Nov 8 2009, 12:58 PM
Post #20

Member No.: 1,738

+ also show connections between path nodes that are connected to the current pathnode you are standing on (maybe controlled by a cvar and in a different color)

+ auto show info about a path node you are standing on (no more manual rcbot waypoint info)
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:08 PM