Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Epic MvM battles!!!, ...some mvm madness with rcbots
genmac
post Feb 3 2015, 02:47 AM
Post #1

RCBot Guru

Group: Waypointers
Member No.: 2,098

Here's a video of my FUN SERVER with Rcbots playing totally unassisted at mvm_rottenburg and those darn tanks hehe!
http://youtu.be/ZLtGCKaof-Y

Here's some pics of this epic battle at mvm_mannhattan!!! biggrin.gif
IPB Image

Here's a slide show...

http://s2.photobucket.com/user/alencore/slideshow/rcbots

Rcbots did all the work here I just help a little when one sneaky robots gets near the base with the bomb which rarely happens tnx to the 5 MG mini-gunners which I call, the BRUTE FORCE band...haha!

My set-up got a little complex just to make things a lot easier to kill those gazillion robots and tanks. NO GOD MODE cheat btw! but we do use unli OP ammos and weapons which the Robots has as well, so it's still very hard.
Rcbots are doing what I want them to do and I'm still discovering a lot of cool things they can do at mvm so more to come hehe.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Feb 3 2015, 09:22 PM
Post #2

RCBot Guru

Member No.: 2,162

Makes me want to try tf2 even more, problem is I need a bigger hard drive or to remove some stuff. Last I checked, tf2 installed was about 10gb. So, how big is it now, near 15gb installed size?
+Quote Post
Fillmore
post Feb 3 2015, 09:36 PM
Post #3

RCBot Guru

Member No.: 1,511

QUOTE(madmax2 @ Feb 3 2015, 09:22 PM) *

Makes me want to try tf2 even more, problem is I need a bigger hard drive or to remove some stuff. Last I checked, tf2 installed was about 10gb. So, how big is it now, near 15gb installed size?

Pretty much. It's funny how quickly the game bloated back into outstanding size after the SteamPipe update. biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Feb 4 2015, 12:44 AM
Post #4

Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(genmac @ Feb 3 2015, 03:47 AM) *

Here's some pics of this epic battle at mvm_mannhattan!!! biggrin.gif

awesome, I think I remember waypointing that map...

Do you mind if I stick some of those pics on steam?
+Quote Post
genmac
post Feb 4 2015, 01:01 AM
Post #5

RCBot Guru

@madmax...bro download file is 7+ gigs only but it will uncompress to 15 gigs....you gotta get it bro it's freaking awesome haha! valve really did good job on this and of course rcbots made it more fun for ctf and mvm modes since tf bots don't support those.

@Fillmore ..yeah game is now like barbie doll with all those items and cosmetics you need to buy or unlock just to be the coolest player in the server haha good business tactic to valve which they got from other FTP games I think.

@Cheeseh...go ahead bro like a have tons of those haha but really wished I made a video but the framerate was so slow it's like a slide show already haha! I definitely need a faster newer rig...like I'm back to year 2000 when I can't even load more than 10 bots on de_dust bec. of my slow pc...now gazillion robots are slowing me down again, hahaha!!!
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Feb 4 2015, 07:36 AM
Post #6

Admin

QUOTE(genmac @ Feb 4 2015, 02:01 AM) *

@Cheeseh...go ahead bro like a have tons of those haha but really wished I made a video but the framerate was so slow it's like a slide show already haha! I definitely need a faster newer rig...like I'm back to year 2000 when I can't even load more than 10 bots on de_dust bec. of my slow pc...now gazillion robots are slowing me down again, hahaha!!!

would love more videos though, it's a bit opf a pain for me to make, but I love seeing what they're up to on other maps and games on other comps
+Quote Post
genmac
post Feb 4 2015, 11:17 AM
Post #7

RCBot Guru

Yeah I love to make one nice documentation vid of them on mvm...hope a demo would speed things up or hope it would even run with all the chaos it has to record.
+Quote Post
Fillmore
post Feb 4 2015, 04:24 PM
Post #8

RCBot Guru

I can whip up a video of an all-bot team on Coaltown, expect to see it tomorrow (or maybe today)

EDIT:

Welp, the bots only beat Wave 1 of Coaltown. It was a good effort, though.

You can see them fight Wave 1 here.
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Feb 5 2015, 12:25 AM
Post #9

Admin

QUOTE(Fillmore @ Feb 4 2015, 05:24 PM) *

I can whip up a video of an all-bot team on Coaltown, expect to see it tomorrow (or maybe today)

EDIT:

Welp, the bots only beat Wave 1 of Coaltown. It was a good effort, though.

You can see them fight Wave 1 here.

the video is private. sad.gif
+Quote Post
genmac
post Feb 5 2015, 12:47 AM
Post #10

RCBot Guru

can't see it to.
btw...done 2 mvm wpts already so by next week all mvm stock maps are done, I'm kinda rusty at making wpts but it's a lot easier wpting mvm maps and getting the perfect spots for sentries and defend wpts seems very crucial for a good defense. I might re-edit or fully wpt coaltown hehe I want to optimize the defense more coz it's my fav mvm map as most do I think.
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Feb 5 2015, 05:39 AM
Post #11

Admin

QUOTE(genmac @ Feb 5 2015, 01:47 AM) *

can't see it to.
btw...done 2 mvm wpts already so by next week all mvm stock maps are done, I'm kinda rusty at making wpts but it's a lot easier wpting mvm maps and getting the perfect spots for sentries and defend wpts seems very crucial for a good defense. I might re-edit or fully wpt coaltown hehe I want to optimize the defense more coz it's my fav mvm map as most do I think.

ok! well if you could send some mvm waypoints , I'll include for next release, I'll release soon. Cheers!
+Quote Post
Fillmore
post Feb 5 2015, 11:54 AM
Post #12

RCBot Guru

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Feb 5 2015, 12:25 AM) *

the video is private. sad.gif

Oops, I forgot what private means dry.gif
Fixed it now
+Quote Post
genmac
post Feb 6 2015, 01:19 AM
Post #13

RCBot Guru

Ok here's a video of my FUN SERVER with Rcbots playing totally unassisted at mvm_rottenburg and ....those darn tanks are....?.... hehe!
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Feb 6 2015, 02:58 AM
Post #14

Admin

QUOTE(genmac @ Feb 6 2015, 02:19 AM) *

Ok here's a video of my FUN SERVER with Rcbots playing totally unassisted at mvm_rottenburg and ....those darn tanks are....?.... hehe!

nice. What resolution did you record in?

also that team needed some pyros to blast bomb carriers away ! tongue.gif
+Quote Post
genmac
post Feb 6 2015, 03:55 AM
Post #15

RCBot Guru

everything is set to lowest. during gameplay had to remove ragdolls and gibs to 0 that help for making the demo file without to much frame skip then turned those on during video capture.

the team did great hehe....
-scout with his lightning speed and fast kills and really good strafing ability every now and then, I might try make some fancy double -jumps wpts for him on my custom coaltown wpts soon,
-engineers are like semi-juggernauts here with lots of fire power power hehe,
-the heavies well they have mini-guns so their supposed to be really powerful guns not those wimpish stock set-up valve did along the sentry, well their perfect on mp but for mvm they needed more punch.

hehe not a fan of pyros but my kid love them and the engineers. I'm more of a soldier with hi rof rpg haha!

mvm_ghosttown at full chaotic 666 mode? hehe will try capture some videos of those haha!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:25 AM