Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rcbot and whichbot, working them together
Redemption
post Sep 7 2004, 12:00 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 398

Ok this may not be the place but when i see gruunt and other running a WB and RCBOT server i figure there has to be a way for me to do mine....

Current pc specs:
Hardware:
Pentium 3 1ghz
40 gig drive
256 sdram (i know your gasping at the ram but hear me out first)

O/S: windows 2000

Server specs: Dedicated NS server beta 5
Rcbot : i am currently running the beta dll
Whichbot: 0.91
Metamod 1.17.2p10

No other plugins atm

Here goes my tale. i was running rcbot 1.3 on there just fine even the beta hpb dll runs fine on its own to my knowledge so far. Then i install whichbot 0.93 first. I seem to crash when the map changes. I enter into the ready room ok then the bots start joining up usually it will crash in the midst of them joining with a HLDS server error.

Now first i thought was well maybe my box dont pack the ram so i switched it to my personal pc on a listenserver thats packin 768 of sdram and a 1 gig p3 and i still get the same error the same way the same time...

My question is to the guys out there that are running rcbot and whichbot, HOW ARE YOU DOING IT? what are your specs what versions are you using what kind of os and how stable is it? I am getting lots of bits and pieces on the forums but i would love to have a chat through email or whatever with anybody who can help me.

I am thinking this might be a bug with windows 2000 and if its whichbot ill copy this to whichbots forums so he can address it as well with pleasure. But theres been no update of whichbot or news on a new release in so long i fear it may have died.

If it has gimme the info on that too so i can quit tempting myself to do this lol

thank you for reading and thank you for your responces
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Sandman[SA]
post Sep 7 2004, 12:45 AM
Post #2

RCBot Waypointer

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 19

Well. lets start with your system. You didn't specify which version of win2k you have but reguardless, if you strip down the services and have the latest service pack, it should be fine for about 8 to 12 players, more if it's mostly bots.

Also, the latest metamod ( yes, even the p10 version ) has become a thorn in the side of many beta5 servers because it still lacks the proper support for the droping of ammo once a marine dies in standerd NS. Try finding MM 1.17.2.1. I posted a copy of it here. Please keep in mind that this is NOT an official release but simply a beta patch. Ohh, it currently for Win32 ONLY.

The latest win32 version of whichbot does have some bugs in it ( although some may dispute that one ) but clamitaus is attempting to locate the problem so it maybe a while untill you see the next update.

For some reason, I can't upload this file here so instead, here is a link.
metamod-1.17.2.1.zip
+Quote Post
Redemption
post Sep 7 2004, 09:27 PM
Post #3

thanks for the help sandman. I am running the latest version of win 2k all updated etc... Disabling services? I never knew you could. A link to some info on that would be appreciated. all i use that box for is that server. If worse comes to worse i will comment them out untill the next release.
+Quote Post
Sandman[SA]
post Sep 8 2004, 12:58 AM
Post #4

RCBot Waypointer

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 19

QUOTE (Redemption @ Sep 7 2004, 09:27 PM)
1) I am running the latest version of win 2k all updated etc...

2) Disabling services? I never knew you could. A link to some info on that would be appreciated.

1) Latest version of Win2k? Would that be....

pro?
server?
advanced server?

Or are you not even sure?

2) Yes. This is one of the great advantages with Windows NT5. You can start, stop and disable services on the fly. You should be able to find this in your control panel under Administrative Tools. But if you don't know what your doing, I would advise NOT to mess with them.

Here is a link that may help. Glossary of Windows 2000 Services
+Quote Post
Redemption
post Sep 8 2004, 11:43 PM
Post #5

sorry bout that windows 2000 pro to be exact and ill have a look at that link if it looks to intense i'll leave it alone. thanks again
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:21 PM