Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Converted Waypoints for RCbot-AngelScript, Updated & Tested for Git
Cheeseh
post Apr 16 2019, 08:33 PM
Post #81

Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

It's a good idea, though I need to remind myself with the scripting system myself to see how simple a feature is to implement (which means time I'm finding rather difficult to find !)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Apr 18 2019, 08:38 AM
Post #82

RCBot Guru

Group: Waypointers
Member No.: 2,162

No problem, I wasn't sure if that function was there or not. Perhaps some future update... wink.gif
+Quote Post
danylopez123
post Jun 17 2019, 02:27 PM
Post #83

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,598

Hello there, im new to the forums... well, actually i've been watching over this for a long time without i register, but now i just did.
I just wanted to say that since April 15th of 2019 there is no new updates for the converted waypoints.
Are you still working with other maps?
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Jun 18 2019, 05:52 AM
Post #84

RCBot Guru

QUOTE(danylopez123 @ Jun 17 2019, 06:27 AM) *

Hello there, im new to the forums... well, actually i've been watching over this for a long time without i register, but now i just did.
I just wanted to say that since April 15th of 2019 there is no new updates for the converted waypoints.
Are you still working with other maps?

Hi dany,

Welcome smile.gif ... I haven't started any new conversions, but there were a couple that have been on hold. I've been working on a dod:s waypoint that I will probably release soon. I intend to get back to it (SvenCoop), just some real-life stuff slowing me down, and it's summer weather here, too smile.gif ...

Did you have some waypointing question, or specific maps you want converted? Or just curious about the progress?

Ok, I had a look at where I left off, I started work on these maps but have not finished yet...

sc_psyko - I did do some work on this, and tested most areas, but ran into problems with the doors, so put it on hold while working on other wpts. I've had an idea how to fix the doors, so this may be the 1st one I get back to working on?

sc_activist series (sc_activist & Sc_activist3) - There were some buggy bot problems on maps 1 & 2, not sure about map 3? I'll need to re-check these with the latest rcbot version.

jumpers - I don't think I did much on this yet?

Any official map such as toonrun or toadsnatch etc. should get tested, my progress was much slower than I had hoped sad.gif ...

Yeah, there is a boat load of wpts that need testing and will need some work...

Have you tested some? Do you have any requests?

My progress during summer months will be painfully slow, but I may be willing to work on some wpts, as my time allows... wink.gif
+Quote Post
danylopez123
post Jun 18 2019, 09:31 PM
Post #85

QUOTE(madmax2 @ Jun 18 2019, 07:52 AM) *

Hi dany,

Welcome smile.gif ... I haven't started any new conversions, but there were a couple that have been on hold. I've been working on a dod:s waypoint that I will probably release soon. I intend to get back to it (SvenCoop), just some real-life stuff slowing me down, and it's summer weather here, too smile.gif ...

Did you have some waypointing question, or specific maps you want converted? Or just curious about the progress?

Ok, I had a look at where I left off, I started work on these maps but have not finished yet...

sc_psyko - I did do some work on this, and tested most areas, but ran into problems with the doors, so put it on hold while working on other wpts. I've had an idea how to fix the doors, so this may be the 1st one I get back to working on?

sc_activist series (sc_activist & Sc_activist3) - There were some buggy bot problems on maps 1 & 2, not sure about map 3? I'll need to re-check these with the latest rcbot version.

jumpers - I don't think I did much on this yet?

Any official map such as toonrun or toadsnatch etc. should get tested, my progress was much slower than I had hoped sad.gif ...

Yeah, there is a boat load of wpts that need testing and will need some work...

Have you tested some? Do you have any requests?

My progress during summer months will be painfully slow, but I may be willing to work on some wpts, as my time allows... wink.gif

I have tested some but because of the long time it's been since i don't play Sven-Coop, i will have to see them again at some point.

As for a request... i currently dont have any... or at least... for the old Half-Life campaign waypoints converted for the new SC 5.0 now that there are less maps because they are more in 1 for some parts.

But there is no rush for that, i can always wait for new updates.
+Quote Post
danylopez123
post Jun 24 2019, 02:24 PM
Post #86

Ok, i've been thinking about a request, to start, how about the sc_tetris maps?
The waypoints feels incompleted.
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Jun 25 2019, 09:01 PM
Post #87

RCBot Guru

Hi dany,

I believe Ryusho was working on tetris maps. Not sure how far along he is, but I think he still stops by the forums, he just did a few days ago. Perhaps he has something to share? I kinda dread doing the tetris maps cause of all those tight spots and all looks the same, and lots of puzzles & jumps, very difficult waypointing. Right now I have my hands full of projects, but I will keep your request on the list, but would like to hear from Ryusho first. It would be a while before I could attempt the tetris maps, I think?

See here: http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index....ost&p=14829

I'm always interested in what other members want though... smile.gif
+Quote Post
danylopez123
post Sep 14 2019, 02:59 PM
Post #88

It's been 3 months since i don't say any other thing here.

Now i wen't to that page and said something there.

I was also thinking about the main Half-Life campaign for the RCBots as it was having them in the older Sven-Coop versions.

But now that the HL Maps are updated for Sven-Coop, i guess at some point should convert/fix them for the new ones.
+Quote Post
danylopez123
post Nov 9 2019, 03:19 PM
Post #89

No offence but...
No one is answering so... the Forums might be dead now.
If anyone is still alive, contact me in my Discord bellow.
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Apr 3 2020, 02:57 AM
Post #90

RCBot Guru

Hey guys,

I Hope everyone is well & safe from covid-19. With some free time this last week I decided to convert & fix sc_psyko rcw. It is playable now and I made a script to help the bots. The bots are no longer freezing up in the spawn area. It works ok, but openslater wpts will not work on 6 of the 10 doors in the spawn room, or the floor to the final area. As a result, bots will try to go through these 6 doors (& the floor) before they are available. I think this issue may have to do with the way the map was constructed (although the old bots had no problem with openslater on this map?), the 4 doors that do work with OL, are all on one side of the room.

I do think the script does help the bots find the open door faster, as compared to no script, and it definitely helps when the final area opens, bots will go there fast. Before that bots will tend to "check" a few doors in the spawn room before going to the correct door. As more doors open and areas are completed, those goals/areas are disabled in the script. But even after areas are completed, bots continue to return to those areas to "investigate"? So in an attempt to minimize this I removed all "pickup" flags (health, ammo, armor & weapon), even in the final area. I believe this is a separate issue from the door issue. I did a test rcwa, without Important or pickup flags, without a script, and bots have the same behavior, running back to completed areas. If you kill all the enemies there, bots may go there less. Most of these areas have a separate return path (a large loop) so bots won't be trapped there after all enemies are gone.

Once the goals are checked off in the script and all enemies are killed in completed areas, bots don't go as deep into those areas and tend to return to the central hub. But with some areas bots go all the way to the end frequently, such as the slime area, not sure why, perhaps the big loop path?

Play testing actually was ok, with 2 bots I usually had one bot helping me, with some short intervals alone. Perhaps you could add a 3rd bot after more areas have opened, but because of some tight ladders (pumpkin & diamond) I recommend 2 bots to play.

I did rework some jumps (lava & slime) and add fixes for rcbot-as. Overall, the rcwa works well, it would be better if openslater worked on all doors.

Oh, and this is a conversion of the original rcw, and as with that rcw, bots don't do everything. All elevated things, such as buttons in slime, forest, & cloud need to be done by the player.

I'll probably add it to the pack at a later date, once i'm sure it is final. wink.gif

[edit] These doors have openslater wpts on them, the rest don't:
wave
ice
forest
pig

Attached File(s)
Attached File  sc_psyko_rcwa.zip ( 7.3k ) Number of downloads: 132
+Quote Post
RoboCop
post Apr 3 2020, 06:49 PM
Post #91

RCBot Fan

Member No.: 2,435

I've just tested this waypoint, I know that map is complicated as well requiring two players to simultaneously press buttons to unlock doorways. But they seem to work ok...
+Quote Post
danylopez123
post Apr 3 2020, 06:55 PM
Post #92

Finally! Glad to see that this is still alive!
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Apr 4 2020, 08:47 PM
Post #93

RCBot Guru

Robocop:
I've just tested this waypoint, I know that map is complicated as well requiring two players to simultaneously press buttons to unlock doorways. But they seem to work ok...

Thanks, Yeah I tried to just get it functional so 1 player with 2 bots could do it. It is possible to play singleplayer, you just need to be very quick on the buttons, the cloud buttons might be the most difficult? The bots help with that one now..

dany:
Finally! Glad to see that this is still alive!

Yeah, it has been a long time. I've been having to re-learn some things on the waypointing and studying the scripting. This one was a real challenge for me to script. I tried a lot of things on the doors that didn't work (!=), to block bots from using closed doors. Only openslater effectively blocks the bots...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone:

Not sure how much time I will be able to spend on this, but I started fixing shattered. I'm as far as the fans now, and I have them going through the lower fans good now. Had to fix some ladder issues. I noticed bots stuck at that first vent last night, I think I need to add fallback path there?

I also checked suspension, since the map has updated. Everything looks to be working, except the last ladder to go under the bridge for the RPG's, the ladder has been moved. Bots won't try to get the RPG's or use the ladder as it is blocked by the openslater wpt. There is also a light post bots may hang up on. The current rcwa should work ok, i'll fix it later... Suspension is not the best map for bots, I recommend no more than 1 or 2 bots, they will just eat up the tickets. Does anyone know if there is a way to increase tickets beyond 50? I tried adding starthealth 125, startarmor 100, weapon_medkit and grenades, but everything is stripped except the grenades. Any idea if there is a way around that so bots could have more start health, armor & a medkit? They really die to fast on this map...

I also was checking sc_persia on a slower PC (lower frame rates), and noticed they were not making the first peg jump as well as they should be. When they got to the lattice, they could not get on it at all. At the lattice I tried adjusting the wpt, but no help. I tried gl_vsync 1 & 0, and various settings for fps_max, but it didn't help to much. I should try lowering the graphics settings to boost the fps, currently about 40fps. I did try the march & april builds of rcbot, and they seemed a lot better at both the peg jumps & the lattice on the slower PC! My faster PC seems ok with the latest build. I should try rcbot visrevs & navrevs on the slow PC? Note: I'm not sure yet but the lattice issue may be partly due to a code change, as I noticed bots are looking to the side before & during their jump up to the lattice, I don't think they were doing that with the older builds?

The jumps on sc_doc were near perfect on my fast PC, not tested yet on the slower one.

If you see any significant jumping problems with any of the posted rcwa's in this topic, i'd like to hear about it. Give me the fps you are getting and perhaps cpu/gpu specs. With these rcwa's bots should be successful at the jumps at least 50% of the time (the 1st peg jumps on sc_persia should be that good, but it could be lower, but not every bot should be falling there). Keep in mind this is a single bot jumping, more than one bot at the jumps may cause bots to fail the jumps. It would be good to know if the rcwa's/jumping puzzles are working well enough on your PC too, as it takes a long time for me to retest all the rcwa's in this topic...

I probably can't do much about it from the waypointing side, but would like to know if there are other solutions I can tell people to try, such as increasing fps by lowering screen resolution, I don't know if that helps, atm. And I don't know if this is a big problem or not. I would like to know what settings or PC I should use to waypoint the jumps, so the rcwa will work correctly on other/user PC's.
+Quote Post
RoboCop
post Apr 8 2020, 02:11 PM
Post #94

RCBot Fan

Has anyone made waypoints for that uplink map?
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Apr 9 2020, 06:53 PM
Post #95

RCBot Guru

QUOTE(RoboCop @ Apr 8 2020, 06:11 AM) *

Has anyone made waypoints for that uplink map?

I thought I had a waypoint that was more complete than the included waypoint, but can't find it so far? I have a couple more PC's to check in a few days...
+Quote Post
RoboCop
post Apr 10 2020, 10:05 PM
Post #96

RCBot Fan

It's incomplete.
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Apr 20 2020, 12:39 AM
Post #97

RCBot Guru

QUOTE(RoboCop @ Apr 10 2020, 02:05 PM) *

It's incomplete.

Almost forgot about uplink, I have a couple hard drives to check for a waypoint, I'd rather not start from scratch if I don't have to... I was sure I had a waypoint to the end of the map, it may of been for the old rcbot, but can't find that either??? huh.gif

Should be done with shattered soon, spent a lot of time on it, bots having some buggy issues slowing me down...
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Apr 22 2020, 04:01 AM
Post #98

RCBot Guru

I converted shattered, it's a WIP wpt... Bots navigate the map well, but there are a couple places bots have problems. There is some details in the readme with the rcwa. I'll post some details in next couple days. I may need to rework one vent... Going to take a break from this one for a few days. wink.gif

@Robocop

I did some checking for uplink, I confused uplink with the older hldemo 1, 2, & 3 waypoints, so no I don't have a waypoint for uplink. Do you need me to make a rcwa for uplink?

[edit - 4-24-20] I reworked the 2nd vent with more waypoints, etc... A new rcwa was uploaded...
The readme has a few details on that vent...

Attached File(s)
Attached File  shattered_rcwa2.zip ( 8.37k ) Number of downloads: 154
+Quote Post
RoboCop
post Apr 24 2020, 09:49 AM
Post #99

RCBot Fan

QUOTE(madmax2 @ Apr 22 2020, 05:01 AM) *

I converted shattered, it's a WIP wpt... Bots navigate the map well, but there are a couple places bots have problems. There is some details in the readme with the rcwa. I'll post some details in next couple days. I may need to rework one vent... Going to take a break from this one for a few days. wink.gif

@Robocop

I did some checking for uplink, I confused uplink with the older hldemo 1, 2, & 3 waypoints, so no I don't have a waypoint for uplink. Do you need me to make a rcwa for uplink?

Yes please do
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Apr 26 2020, 03:05 AM
Post #100

RCBot Guru

QUOTE(RoboCop @ Apr 24 2020, 02:49 AM) *

Yes please do

Uplink is WIP smile.gif

Also, shattered was updated yesterday ...
+Quote Post

7 Pages V « < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:06 PM