Cheeseh
post May 25 2013, 02:52 AM
Post #1

Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

here's a beta dll file for 0.75 it has some bug fixes and additions:

CODE

dod:s  added breakable waypoint for DOD:S (a rocket or grenade is required to break a wall nearby)
dod:s  removed health/ammo waypoint types for DOD:S
dod:s  changes to reloading in dod:s to prevent bots clicking their gun too often
all:     fixed some waypoint menu glitches
all:     changed some captions on waypoint menu
tf2:  fixed medics not healing
tf2:  medics follow their healing player better
tf2:  sentry guns have an even higher priority to become enemies

http://rcbot.bots-united.com/downloads/RCBot2_075BetaDLL.zip
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
genmac
post May 25 2013, 04:46 AM
Post #2

RCBot Guru

Group: Waypointers
Member No.: 2,098

cool! a new dll to test! tnx Cheeseh!

btw hope you try code this wpt "givetype solid block" thing so I can use it for adding a little step for sniping bots that can't shoot low on windows, sandbags and bunkers etc. OF course if it's too much work don't bother hehe.
+Quote Post
MadMik3
post May 25 2013, 04:25 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,257

Are there some good install directions for rcbot2? It's been so long I don't remember.

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ May 24 2013, 09:52 PM) *

here's a beta dll file for 0.75 it has some bug fixes and additions:

CODE

dod:s  added breakable waypoint for DOD:S (a rocket or grenade is required to break a wall nearby)
dod:s  removed health/ammo waypoint types for DOD:S
dod:s  changes to reloading in dod:s to prevent bots clicking their gun too often
all:     fixed some waypoint menu glitches
all:     changed some captions on waypoint menu
tf2:  fixed medics not healing
tf2:  medics follow their healing player better
tf2:  sentry guns have an even higher priority to become enemies

http://rcbot.bots-united.com/downloads/RCBot2_075BetaDLL.zip

+Quote Post
hangphyr
post May 25 2013, 04:43 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 2,149

Unfortunately, medic bots aren't healing with this new version, 0.75.

Also, the launcher doesnt work with 0.74+.

Spits out a crash, something like "value of 65 is not valid for 'value'. 'value' should be between minimum and maximum."

I haven't touched this since 0.72 I think, and unfortunately I see the slow movement speed issue is still there.
+Quote Post
madmax2
post May 25 2013, 06:35 PM
Post #5

RCBot Guru

Member No.: 2,162

QUOTE(hangphyr @ May 25 2013, 08:43 AM) *

Spits out a crash, something like "value of 65 is not valid for 'value'. 'value' should be between minimum and maximum."

I haven't touched this since 0.72 I think, and unfortunately I see the slow movement speed issue is still there.

I guess I should try a full install with .74 and the launcher on dods? I never did that. Because I was in a hurry, I just dropped the .74 dll into the bin folder & edited the rcbot2 config.ini.

@MadMik3
You should be able to use the .74 installer, .75 is only slightly newer. If you are just playing, you might just want to stick with .74 for a while, it seemed very stable for me for the short time I used it, i never got a crash. You didn't mention which game you were installing to, but i'll see if I can find a link to some instructions... wink.gif

[edit]
Use this .74r2 installer found in first post...
http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1778

Here are some basic instructions from .72...
http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1757

If you have any problems, you might let us know what game you are installing, and if you are using steampipe or non-steampipe?

If you want .75, then you will need to replace the .74 hpb_bot2.dll with the one above... I would highly recommend you test the installation first, with .74 before doing that...

max
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post May 26 2013, 11:40 AM
Post #6

Admin

QUOTE(hangphyr @ May 25 2013, 05:43 PM) *

which map were you playing? The medics have no problem healing in CTF, maybe its a map type issue.

I'd check you are using the correct version. Type rcbot_ver in the console.

you know why RCBot2 Launcher has an error?biggrin.gif cos emotional made a bot profile with 65 vision ticks, which is outside the maximum of 64, http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index....ost&p=11636
+Quote Post
genmac
post May 26 2013, 02:00 PM
Post #7

RCBot Guru

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ May 26 2013, 11:40 AM) *

you know why RCBot2 Launcher has an error?biggrin.gif cos emotional made a bot profile with 65 vision ticks, which is outside the maximum of 64, http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index....ost&p=11636

haha that really made my day LoL!
good thing you found the error hehe.
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post May 26 2013, 02:59 PM
Post #8

Admin

QUOTE(genmac @ May 26 2013, 03:00 PM) *

haha that really made my day LoL!
good thing you found the error hehe.

haha, I guess genmac, you too, you were 100 ! doh! well I've increased the max to 100 in the launcher now, and it will now cap any numbers bigger than 100
+Quote Post
hangphyr
post May 26 2013, 03:30 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 2,149

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ May 26 2013, 11:40 AM) *

which map were you playing? The medics have no problem healing in CTF, maybe its a map type issue.

I'd check you are using the correct version. Type rcbot_ver in the console.

Checked the version in the console, and it said I was still using 0.74. That is strange, since I replaced the dll with the one from RCBot2_075BetaDLL.zip.

The dll file replaces the one in \team fortress 2\bin\, correct?

Edit: Ah yeah, I see its supposed to go somewhere else. tongue.gif
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post May 26 2013, 03:40 PM
Post #10

Admin

QUOTE(hangphyr @ May 26 2013, 04:30 PM) *

Checked the version in the console, and it said I was still using 0.74. That is strange, since I replaced the dll with the one from RCBot2_075BetaDLL.zip.

The dll file replaces the one in \team fortress 2\bin\, correct?

yep, although you could be using steampipe , in which case in goes into steamapps\common\team fortress 2\bin

you could try both just to make sure

steamapps\common\team fortress 2\bin

and

steamapps\<account>\team fortress 2\bin
+Quote Post
genmac
post May 27 2013, 08:15 AM
Post #11

RCBot Guru

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ May 26 2013, 02:59 PM) *

haha, I guess genmac, you too, you were 100 ! doh! well I've increased the max to 100 in the launcher now, and it will now cap any numbers bigger than 100

Seems your profile guide on visionticks needs some editing....
visionticks (1 to 255) = Reaction time to other things, e.g. ammo/health in TF2, grenades in DOD:S etc... (1 = very slow at seeing other things/picking up items... 255 = super fast, but super CPU intensive)

http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index....ost&p=11589
Better check it again so we don't get confuse. tongue.gif
+Quote Post
darkranger
post May 27 2013, 06:12 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,254

is there a change to get it sometimes working on dedicated dods server that the bots are not beeing stupid and run around , after last player leaves ?

for the moment i have written a SM plugin that changes map after last real players leaves the server!
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Jun 1 2013, 02:11 AM
Post #13

RCBot Guru

Hey Cheeseh,

I verified with rcbot .75, bots won't even touch, let alone prone on defend/prone wpts. I tried using debug bot_goto & hud on a defend/prone wpt, and bots appear to ignor the request, as if the wpt doesn't exist? Before I used debug, I had changed a defend/crouch wpt, that bots would use frequently, to a defend/prone wpt. They appear to try to go there sometimes, but never attempt to prone, then usually end up camping on a nearby normal wpt in a standing position. So defend/crouch works, but defend/prone does not work...

I know i've seen non-snipers/mg's use & prone on combo wpts such as defend/sniper/crouch when under fire. But I'm not sure if they use defend/sniper/prone, havn't checked for that yet?...

Another problem, which may of been reported before, is (axis & allied) bots not facing yaw while camping on defend wpts... I'll just paste this from another thread:

genmac:
Bot bug as of RCBot2 beta 0.75...
- Axis Bots tend to look on the wrong side when using defend wpts. They tend to look where the normal wpt
leading to defend wpt is connected. I connected another normal wpt infront of the defend wpt but still
their looking back though they snap quickly to shoot incoming allies.

madmax2:
Yeah, I should of said something about this earlier. I had a lot of trouble getting bots to face yaw direction on defend only wpts (or defend classes), on flash, with .72/.73/.74. Most of the time they won't face correctly, but as you say they usually will snap to face an enemy, but not allways. It's difficult in some locations to get defend wpts working right because of this. So I don't think its new. They turn 90 or more degrees from yaw when camping on a defend wpt. I noticed they don't seem to pull all the way onto a defend wpt when camping, even with radius 0. But when they move to leave the wpt, they seem to face the yaw then (or the path??)?

Neither is a huge problem, just thought i'd report them... wink.gif

max
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Jun 1 2013, 01:56 PM
Post #14

Admin

perhaps its a bot_goto thing , do the bots still prone without using bot_goto ?

the bots may have failed going to the waypoint in question and ended up going to the next nearest waypoint, rather than the actual waypoint because it had a problem finding a path or hit an obstacle on the way
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Jun 1 2013, 07:18 PM
Post #15

RCBot Guru

I don't think it's a bot goto thing, and I do know they won't stay or camp when using debug bot_goto. Under normal game play is when I first noticed they were not camping on defend/prone wpts, I tried to convert a couple defend/crouch wpts to defend/prone wpts on flash. It was most obvious on a stand alone defend/prone wpt where the path to & from the wpt were the same, a dead end. If the defend/prone wpt is one they can pass thru to get to another wpt, one way to it, another way off, it may not be as obvious, cause they will appear to be using these, and will breifly prone on them, but will never camp prone on them.

Ok, here is what i did this morning to double check the prone/defend issue. With debug hud on, I checked at several wpts i had changed to defend/prone, with & without team tags. Using only a single bot in the game, with debug bot_goto, I kept checking the current goal, as soon as I issued the bot_goto on a defend/prone wpt, current goal would be a nearby wpt, not the one I was on. The bot would goto the nearby wpt. If the defend/prone wpt was on a dead end, they would never touch the wpt i issued the bot_goto from. In some locations that are not dead ends, they might pass thru the defend/prone to get to the current goal. But, the hud current goal never shows the defend/prone wpt that I issue the bot_goto from, its allways a nearby wpt. Now i still havn't tried this on a combo sniper/defend/prone wpt, but i suspect it will get the correct goal from the sniper tag, for snipers, but not sure about the other classes for the defend tag? Maybe i'll test that later today...

perhaps its a bot_goto thing , do the bots still prone without using bot_goto ?

So, to answer your question, I havn't seen it on normal game play, but they would prone if passing thru the defend/prone wpt to get to another wpt, i think? Maybe i'll try a test and see if they will even pass thru a defend/prone in the main path, under normal game play, without using bot_goto. [edit] I ran this test, and they will pass thru a defend/prone wpt (proning briefly) on thier way to another goal/wpt [edit]

I can say they won't camp or camp prone on defend/prone wpts, and won't use them as a goal...
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Jun 1 2013, 11:48 PM
Post #16

Admin

Ok i see maybe what u are trying to do. The Bot goto command doesnt make the bot do any action at the end, only go to . If you want bots to defend at a point on a command i need to code that
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Jun 2 2013, 05:24 AM
Post #17

RCBot Guru

Ok, I did more testing/observing, and my previous posts are not 100% accurate in describing the problem dry.gif .

You don't need to re-code bot_goto, I was only using bot_goto to test and see if they would goto the defend/prone wpt. The current goal in the hud definately points to a different wpt, when using bot_goto on a defend/prone wpt. But, If there are no nearby wpts (a long path), they will go touch the defend/prone wpt when using bot_goto, i finally got them to do it at one place. Otherwise they may stop at or near a nearby wpt, or half way between?

But forget debug, I observed a 7vs7 bot game on dod_flash, at the tank area, after changing 2 defend/crouch wpts to defend/prone. I've observed this area a lot with defend/crouch wpts, so I know what to expect with those. One wpt I changed, is at a dead end, the other is a wpt the bots can pass thru (over by the tank). At the defend/prone wpt by the tank (pass thru path), bots go there about the same as before, and will prone as they approach, but they will stand up if they stop to camp, yes they do seem to camp sometimes, but they don't look to be on the wpt, even with 0 radius.

At the dead end defend/prone wpt, I saw a bot appear to camp once near there (standing, about half way between wpts)? A dozen other times bots moved onto the nearest wpt, but continued on, sometimes hesitating like they wanted to go there but changed there mind. They would also backtrack to this normal wpt, but wouldn't move onto the dead end defend/prone wpt. While the same game was running, i changed the dead end wpt back to defend/crouch. Bots immediatly started coming to this wpt, moving onto it crouched, they did it multiple times in 5 minutes or less, backtracking to it too. What I mean by backtracking, is axis bots came here from the center flag direction, instead of from thier spawn. It's just more obvious that they are trying to get to this dead end wpt when they backtrack...

So, I guess the issue occurs more often than not, but isn't allways obvious. It seems to depend on the configuration of the surrounding wpts too...

I have to change my last conclusion to read: I can say they won't camp+prone on defend/prone wpts, and usually won't move onto them to camp. Camping on them seems far less than defend/crouch, for some reason???

If you want to check it out yourself, just modify my last uploaded dod_flash rcw (in flash thread), over in the tank area.

I hope this makes more sense, than the last posts.... rolleyes.gif

max
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Jun 2 2013, 07:27 PM
Post #18

RCBot Guru

Hey Cheeseh,

Here is a test rcw [edit: removed] for the defend/prone issue. There are several defend/prone wpts in it. The 2 I have been using the most are noallies wpts, one next to the tank (pass thru), and the dead end one is opposite the tank next to the fence. I reduced some of the radii and removed a extra wpts near these 2 wpts, that are in the rcw in the flash thread. Bots will behave a little different with those wpts removed, standing in different locations. So, you might want to try that rcw too, but you will have to change the crouch wpts to prone, or just compare it as is? You should be able to see that they won't camp+prone with this rcw, especially on the dead end wpt. Change that one back to crouch, and you should see the difference.

I also made the stairs at the sniper perch bidirectional, so you won't lose any bots there if you use debug bot.

Anyone who just wants to play dod_flash, use one of the rcw's in the flash thread here:

http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index....ost&p=11747

The attached rcw is just for testing....

Thanks wink.gif ,
max

P.S. Even though it sounds like i'm eager to get this defend/prone issue addressed/fixed, I can work around it. My biggest concern about it, was it seemed they were ignoring them more than other defend wpts, which I was using as goto points, to draw bots to specific areas of the map. And I didn't think the defend/prone wpts were doing that at all? In the process, I noticed they don't camp+prone on them, and they don't goto them as well as other defend wpts, it seems.

I'm actually more concerned about the yaw/defend issue mentioned a few posts above. It's difficult to face them correctly sometimes, because of that... This is a good map for testing yaws too, it's somewhat wide open. Some of my yaws on defend wpts are a bit wonky, cause it was working better than correctly faced yaws. I will probably just face them all correctly with my next rcw update... rolleyes.gif
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Jun 6 2013, 01:14 PM
Post #19

Admin

QUOTE(madmax2 @ Jun 2 2013, 08:27 PM) *

Hey Cheeseh,

Here is a test rcw for the defend/prone issue. There are several defend/prone wpts in it. The 2 I have been using the most are noallies wpts, one next to the tank (pass thru), and the dead end one is opposite the tank next to the fence. I reduced some of the radii and removed a extra wpts near these 2 wpts, that are in the rcw in the flash thread. Bots will behave a little different with those wpts removed, standing in different locations. So, you might want to try that rcw too, but you will have to change the crouch wpts to prone, or just compare it as is? You should be able to see that they won't camp+prone with this rcw, especially on the dead end wpt. Change that one back to crouch, and you should see the difference.

I also made the stairs at the sniper perch bidirectional, so you won't lose any bots there if you use debug bot.

Anyone who just wants to play dod_flash, use one of the rcw's in the flash thread here:

http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index....ost&p=11747

The attached rcw is just for testing....

Thanks wink.gif ,
max

P.S. Even though it sounds like i'm eager to get this defend/prone issue addressed/fixed, I can work around it. My biggest concern about it, was it seemed they were ignoring them more than other defend wpts, which I was using as goto points, to draw bots to specific areas of the map. And I didn't think the defend/prone wpts were doing that at all? In the process, I noticed they don't camp+prone on them, and they don't goto them as well as other defend wpts, it seems.

I'm actually more concerned about the yaw/defend issue mentioned a few posts above. It's difficult to face them correctly sometimes, because of that... This is a good map for testing yaws too, it's somewhat wide open. Some of my yaws on defend wpts are a bit wonky, cause it was working better than correctly faced yaws. I will probably just face them all correctly with my next rcw update... rolleyes.gif

hey madmax. I changed the bot goto command to go to the waypoint id instead of the location where the player is, cos that might make bots choose a different waypoint

By the way I think with defend waypoints, the bots only look at the flag... i might need to change that
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Jun 6 2013, 06:20 PM
Post #20

RCBot Guru

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Jun 6 2013, 06:14 AM) *

hey madmax. I changed the bot goto command to go to the waypoint id instead of the location where the player is, cos that might make bots choose a different waypoint

By the way I think with defend waypoints, the bots only look at the flag... i might need to change that

Thanks Cheeseh, I will check this out on the new version. And yes, please do have bots face yaw on defend wpts, instead of the flag, that would be good smile.gif . Now, I understand what they have been doing, turning towards the flag, duhhh rolleyes.gif ...

max
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 07:16 PM