Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
RoboCop
post Feb 8 2024, 10:13 PM
Post #2

RCBot Fan

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2,435

Wait a minute didn't I already made that waypoint?

P.S. Those are the waypoints we have got for DODS:
Attached File  dods_waypoints.7z ( 799.37k ) Number of downloads: 22

Attached File(s)
Attached File  dod_caen.zip ( 4.88k ) Number of downloads: 12
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
INsane_dod
post Feb 8 2024, 11:34 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,261

QUOTE(RoboCop @ Feb 9 2024, 08:13 AM) *

Wait a minute didn't I already made that waypoint?

P.S. Those are the waypoints we have got for DODS:
Attached File  dods_waypoints.7z ( 799.37k ) Number of downloads: 22

Yes it's a problem as not all waypoints are listed in this alphabetically formatted forums.

This forum is the best place for anyone to see if a waypoint is already made.
The next place is your files in the latest release... https://github.com/APGRoboCop/rcbot2/releases/tag/v1.51

So if there is one in the latest release maybe name the title "dod_cean (alternate)" or something like that.

The sticky for the forum just says...
Just a reminder that this forum is sorted in alphabetical order by default

so if you make any waypoints please make the thread title the same name as the map

Nothing wrong with a different set that is in the latest release, in the end the file will be overwritten by a RCBot2 update.

So yeah... not all mapnames in the latest release are here, posters have to check the official release in the dod folder is the best way.

That's a pain, we have 240 waypoints now and its hard to keep a track of waypoints like this that have been made, checked, fixed and in the last release.

I suppose the best way is (anyone) to make a post and fill in a date if a waypoint is in what release, that way the forum can operate as the one "official" list.

Want me to do that RoboCop?

Just go through the forum posts and if a waypoint in the latest version download, but not here I can make a post and for a download... just place in the RCBot2 for dod:s release it was from and what authors it was from.

That way, if a alternate one comes along you can see dates and decide if that one goes in a further release.
+Quote Post
MK777
post Feb 9 2024, 12:30 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 2,465

QUOTE(INsane_dod @ Feb 8 2024, 06:34 PM) *

That's a pain, we have 240 waypoints now and its hard to keep a track of waypoints like this that have been made, checked, fixed and in the last release.

I suppose the best way is (anyone) to make a post and fill in a date if a waypoint is in what release, that way the forum can operate as the one "official" list.

Want me to do that RoboCop?

Just go through the forum posts and if a waypoint in the latest version download, but not here I can make a post and for a download... just place in the RCBot2 for dod:s release it was from and what authors it was from.

That way, if a alternate one comes along you can see dates and decide if that one goes in a further release.

Actually, I've made a huge sheet online with every single waypoints available (that I hunted for) of RcBOT2 with all the games from TF2, DoDS and HL2DM. with some additionnal Foxbot TFC and even Synergy (but I haven't check further)

I haven't though of checking the date, which is unfortunate because it's alot of checkup to re-look for.

I could make a thread for it if it could be possible. it has picture, map name, who created, who modified, status of gameplay and notes. of course. without other's help I can't add actual informations unless I test them all.

here's the link to show : https://sheet.zohocloud.ca/sheet/open/jyemn...&range=B141

that was all posted on the discord group so I haven't though of putting it here.
+Quote Post
INsane_dod
post Feb 10 2024, 12:35 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,261

QUOTE(MK777 @ Feb 9 2024, 10:30 AM) *

Actually, I've made a huge sheet online with every single waypoints available (that I hunted for) of RcBOT2 with all the games from TF2, DoDS and HL2DM. with some additionnal Foxbot TFC and even Synergy (but I haven't check further)

I haven't though of checking the date, which is unfortunate because it's alot of checkup to re-look for.

I could make a thread for it if it could be possible. it has picture, map name, who created, who modified, status of gameplay and notes. of course. without other's help I can't add actual informations unless I test them all.

here's the link to show : https://sheet.zohocloud.ca/sheet/open/jyemn...&range=B141

that was all posted on the discord group so I haven't though of putting it here.

Nice list, this helps.

It would be nice if that data was in this forum, others can think differently but if there is any place that you could call "the official dod:s waypoint list" this forum would be it.

That's why I post every new waypoint I make here.

It is where RCBot2 dod:s started from and... it's listed alphabetically so you can quickly see what's been made.

On the topic of one exists already... every bot I have waypointed for, Sturmbot, Shrikebot and this one had the same issue we are seeing here.

Waypoints sometimes need different sets, servers use these waypoints and sometimes have unique issues and server owners will adjust them, server size also can create the need to make a alternate set.

So... everyone can make up there own mind but from experience it is best all waypointers post here.

Having one source, one data point is a obvious next step.

This is the official forum and I think every waypoint in the best "official" release should be in here.

That way we can see if someone has made a better or different set that others can download and enjoy.
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Feb 10 2024, 11:42 PM
Post #6

RCBot Guru

Group: Waypointers
Member No.: 2,162

It's good to see all the new activity here on the forum. Good discussion... smile.gif

Also, I wanted to welcome MarteeW and thank him for the new waypoints.

I agree with Insane, ideally the forum is the best place for posting your waypoints and checking if they have been done before? But that does not always happen, I guess? It would be nice to have it all hosted here on the forum.

The last I knew, the upload size limit to the waypoints forum was 1 mb per post. But I'm not sure if that applies to everyone?

As an alternative, waypoints can be uploaded to the RCbot website, just create a login name, etc... Then you can link that to a waypoint forum post to announce your new waypoint. The nice thing about the website is it will attach the author name to the zip file name you use. But I think the website is 100kb limit per zip file, which is good enough.

The data base would be another useful tool, thanks MK777. Whenever I want to make a waypoint, I always wanted to know if someone had already made it, before I started it? I found myself google searching for waypoints, etc...

It doesn't hurt to have more than one waypoint for a map, but it can be confusing to newcomers to the bots. There can be more than one "good" waypoint per map. As us waypointers may have different waypointing styles, or preferences.

Also, I'm thinking it is ok to pre-announce a new waypoint you intend to release in the waypoints forum. You can start a new topic for it if you are certain you will finish it, and post it there in the same topic (don't start multiple topics, one to announce then one to release, etc...). Or you can ask in the request topic if someone has a waypoint for a map, and let everyone know you intend to make one. I know that may not always work?
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 01:58 PM