Cheeseh
post Jul 25 2009, 11:23 PM
Post #1

Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

please see,

https://sourceforge.net/projects/rcbot2/fil...ta.zip/download

I basically need people to try this, and work with new waypoints and make scripts for their waypoints.

See http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1235 about scripting.

Basically need MORE waypointers, scripters etc before it can be really useful, and a lot of feedback.

- supports latest classless update
- supports capturing on KOTH maps
- supports capturing on ARENA maps

- readded an 'altered' bot belief waypoint system
- fixed a general crash
- fixed an engineer building crash
- rcbot waypoint cut
- rcbot waypoint copy
- rcbot waypoint paste
- performance command rcbot_visrevs (default 8, 8 maybe good enough) *REDUCED VALUE*
- performance command rcbot_pathrevs (default 40, 20 maybe good enough) *REDUCED VALUE*
- new "areaonly" waypoint type
- new rcbot waypoint drawtype 2
- added scripting for CP/PL maps (currently supported: cp_dustbowl/granary/badlands)
- PLR support
- added profiling for developers (rcbot debug profile)
- Reduced Bot FOV to more realistic value
- changed attacking code. attack code is now non-task based and runs simultaneously with bot tasks
- changed spy attack code
- added better bot choice of enemy, e.g. flag carriers have higher priority/ and spies/medics

issues:
engineers can't select wrench sometimes
spy attack still not perfect

please download from sourceforge.net

Download Now! RCBot2 0.51 Beta (486.6 KiB)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
4 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 19)
Frenzy
post Jul 26 2009, 01:35 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,458

Thanks! GJ!
+Quote Post
Geralt
post Jul 26 2009, 02:07 AM
Post #3

RCBot Fan

Group: Waypointers
Member No.: 1,465

I've still got the following maps remaining to waypoint:
cp_dustbowl
pl_badwater
pl_hoodoo
plr_pipeline

I've done about 50% of dustbowl, and about 25% of all the others. It hopefully won't be too long before I'm finished, I've just been very busy lately.
+Quote Post
MacinSam
post Jul 26 2009, 01:19 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 1,526

Congrats!
+Quote Post
MiroslavR
post Jul 26 2009, 02:25 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 1,321

- Disguised/cloaked spies should not try to capture point, because they cannot
- Bots are sometimes stuck on ONE waypoint (also happened on other waypoints) and even if there is a path, they will start dancing around that waypoint (happened on cp_badlands; should not be bug of waypoints - checked with pathwaypoint)

Btw. nice scripting system; it works perfectly and is very easy and effective!

You deserve a medal, Cheeseh! biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Fillmore
post Jul 26 2009, 03:07 PM
Post #6

RCBot Guru

Member No.: 1,511

Almost died from joy, seeing this thread and Rcbots now in beta stage biggrin.gif

Oh yeah,when I get back on my actual PC, I'll upload my Steel, Gravelpit and Junction waypoints.

And start a CP Mappack thread.
Oh yeah, quick question. does 'areaonly' fix the stage problem on multistage CP/PL maps?
If it does,I'll update my Hoodoo waypoints.
And my Goldrush waypoints,if it works how I think it'll work.
+Quote Post
MacinSam
post Jul 26 2009, 04:16 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 1,526

What does "readded an 'altered' bot belief waypoint system" mean, though? It sounds rather vague...

+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Jul 26 2009, 04:51 PM
Post #8

Admin

QUOTE(MacinSam @ Jul 26 2009, 05:16 PM) *

What does "readded an 'altered' bot belief waypoint system" mean, though? It sounds rather vague...

whenever a bot dies he marks the waypoint as danger, so next time he might choose another route, but might take many times.

the bots standing on the spot may be a result of the reduction of the "rcbot_path_revs" value, try increasing it

QUOTE(Fillmore @ Jul 26 2009, 04:07 PM) *

Oh yeah, quick question. does 'areaonly' fix the stage problem on multistage CP/PL maps?
If it does,I'll update my Hoodoo waypoints.
And my Goldrush waypoints,if it works how I think it'll work.

All waypoints with areas help. But "Area only" waypoints mean that bots can never pass through them if it is not a specific area, so theese waypoints should be placed in between connecting areas (stages) so bots know they can't go through them. But they should only be used sparingly at these points.

They also need to be given an area ID of course, and a script needs to be made for it
+Quote Post
Fillmore
post Jul 26 2009, 09:58 PM
Post #9

RCBot Guru

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Jul 26 2009, 04:51 PM) *

whenever a bot dies he marks the waypoint as danger, so next time he might choose another route, but might take many times.

the bots standing on the spot may be a result of the reduction of the "rcbot_path_revs" value, try increasing it
All waypoints with areas help. But "Area only" waypoints mean that bots can never pass through them if it is not a specific area, so theese waypoints should be placed in between connecting areas (stages) so bots know they can't go through them. But they should only be used sparingly at these points.

They also need to be given an area ID of course, and a script needs to be made for it

like 1 for stage 1,2 for stage 2 and so on?
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Jul 26 2009, 10:01 PM
Post #10

Admin

QUOTE(Fillmore @ Jul 26 2009, 10:58 PM) *

like 1 for stage 1,2 for stage 2 and so on?

yep.

areas with 0, means the bots ignore it
+Quote Post
naMelesS
post Jul 27 2009, 10:11 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 1,585

Hmm i still get the memory error crash problem. Im using orange box tf2 btw.
+Quote Post
Fillmore
post Jul 27 2009, 05:57 PM
Post #12

RCBot Guru

The bots only cap points on Dustbowl.
They roam around their base on other maps.
+Quote Post
Fusionhead
post Jul 27 2009, 06:10 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 1,075

Hi Cheeseh, glad to see that you are active again. I haven't checked back here in awhile. I've run rcbot2 on my hl2dm servers for a long time. I'm running an old version that works fine. I love the mod. thank you! biggrin.gif

I'm about to download and check out the new version. Is the directory structure the same as before? Because there was so much confusion regarding where to put the rcbot profile directory, I created the following image to help out other admins. Is this still valid? I'm actually hoping that I can move the directory inside the "Source Dedicated Server" directory in the following example. The reason I want to do this is that hosted sites won't let you install a folder that is a peer to the application directory.

IPB Image

I've always run my own hardware so this file structure was never a problem for me before, but I just leased a hosted site where they have limitations on where you can create directories.

Thanks,

Fusionhead

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Jul 27 2009, 06:50 PM
Post #14

Admin

yes the directory structure is the same, except there will be team fortress 2 folders, because it is for TF2 only.
+Quote Post
Fusionhead
post Jul 27 2009, 07:53 PM
Post #15

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Jul 27 2009, 06:50 PM) *

yes the directory structure is the same, except there will be team fortress 2 folders, because it is for TF2 only.

Ahh, OK. thank you. So this mod does not support hl2dm anymore? I thought that you were expanding it to include TF2 rather than excluded HL2DM or cstrike.

You may think about changing where the rcbot2 directory is located for the reasons I gave above. When you pay for hosting, you normally do not have permissions to create a directory there for rcbot2 profiles. Perhaps you could create a cfg file where you read the directory location? I'm surprised that you haven't run into this problem. Are you running all of your own hardware? Why not change the location to the addons directory where mani, eventscripts, etc. keep them?

I know that I'm asking a lot with this request, but is there any chance that you could recompile the old rcbot2 for hl2dm with the rcbot2 directory inside the "Source Dedicated Server" directory?

In any case, thank you very much. biggrin.gif

Fusionhead
+Quote Post
Fusionhead
post Jul 27 2009, 09:07 PM
Post #16

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Jul 27 2009, 06:50 PM) *

Here is the screen shot of what I'm talking about. This is on my paid hosting server. To create a rcbot2 dir, I go to root "/" and try to mkdir rcbot2. Result: access denied. If the rcbot2 directory was inside the application directory, in this case, inside the directory of 67.201.15.143_port_27015, I would be able to create the rcbot2 directory. Do you see the problem? Most if not all hosting companies will not let you outside of your home directory (your personal root level) with any sort of write (or read for that matter) privileges. This is going to be the case for TF2 as well.

IPB Image

And lastly, in a hosted situation, you couldn't simply nest the folders deeper in the tree because the hosting companies manage how you start, stop, reset, etc, the server. It expects to see the application folders as shown or it won't work.

So what this means to your mod is, only admins who own their own servers and have full read/write permissions can install RCBOT2 on their servers.

Cheers biggrin.gif

Fusionhead
+Quote Post
mehdichallenger
post Jul 28 2009, 09:38 AM
Post #17

Member No.: 1,523

does this version work with cp_gravelpit ?
i can't create script for cp_gravelpit mad.gif
+Quote Post
Fillmore
post Jul 28 2009, 12:36 PM
Post #18

RCBot Guru

QUOTE(mehdichallenger @ Jul 28 2009, 09:38 AM) *

does this version work with cp_gravelpit ?
i can't create script for cp_gravelpit mad.gif

Yes, it works with gravelpit.
You just need a script.
+Quote Post
mehdichallenger
post Jul 28 2009, 12:41 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 1,523

QUOTE(Fillmore @ Jul 28 2009, 12:36 PM) *

Yes, it works with gravelpit.
You just need a script.

can you help me with this script?
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Jul 28 2009, 02:23 PM
Post #20

Admin

QUOTE(mehdichallenger @ Jul 28 2009, 01:41 PM) *

can you help me with this script?

The scripting at the moment isnt perfect, because with gravelpit there are two CPS that blue can attack

you can either make the cps at the start have the same area, or give them different areas and make blue attack and red defend one out of the 2 available CP points at the start of the map

:on_reset:
blue_attack:1
blue_defend:0
red_defend:1
red_attack:0

you will need to get the CP names to do the rest and write

:on_blue_cap:<CP NAME>
# do other stuff here

get the CP Name from using rcbot debug gameevent 1 and capture the point yourself

QUOTE(Fusionhead @ Jul 27 2009, 10:07 PM) *

Here is the screen shot of what I'm talking about. This is on my paid hosting server. To create a rcbot2 dir, I go to root "/" and try to mkdir rcbot2. Result: access denied. If the rcbot2 directory was inside the application directory, in this case, inside the directory of 67.201.15.143_port_27015, I would be able to create the rcbot2 directory. Do you see the problem? Most if not all hosting companies will not let you outside of your home directory (your personal root level) with any sort of write (or read for that matter) privileges. This is going to be the case for TF2 as well.

IPB Image
And lastly, in a hosted situation, you couldn't simply nest the folders deeper in the tree because the hosting companies manage how you start, stop, reset, etc, the server. It expects to see the application folders as shown or it won't work.

So what this means to your mod is, only admins who own their own servers and have full read/write permissions can install RCBOT2 on their servers.

Cheers biggrin.gif

Fusionhead

yes well you need access to the root folder where the MOD folders are e.g. where "team fortress 2" folder exists. So yes you need access to your own server to do this unfortunately.

Also this version is for Orange Box, so thats why I guess it wont work for HL2DM, unless Hl2DM is converted to orange box
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:12 PM