IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Bots trying to shoot the vents with guns, they are getting stucked.
FakeZapata
post Aug 14 2013, 07:37 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,301

These vents have to be destroyed with the crowbar so the bots are getting stucked and blocking the way for me. Is it possible to noclip in sc3.0?

QUOTE(FakeZapata @ Aug 14 2013, 07:36 PM) *

These vents have to be destroyed with the crowbar so the bots are getting stucked and blocking the way for me. Is it possible to noclip in sc3.0?
Oh sorry, forgot to say it is the map infested
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
madmax2
post Aug 16 2013, 06:48 PM
Post #2

RCBot Guru

Group: Waypointers
Member No.: 2,162

Hey FakeZapata,

I'll check the map out late next week. But if you still want to try yourself, to stop enemies from attacking you while waypointing, type this in the console:

rcbot util notarget_mode

I also use these while waypointing:

rcbot util godmode ... obviously, you can't be hurt

rcbot util noclip_mode ... allows you to fly through walls and move around the map quickly

rcbot util notouch ... this is for waypointing teleporters, so you won't be teleported when you try to place a waypoint there. It's also useful in other situations, where you don't want some event to trigger while waypointing.

These are all toggles, on or off, each time you enter them..

I use a couple config files, to make getting started faster & easier. The first one will permenantly bind keys on your keyboard for waypointing. You will have to default or manually change them back if it changes something you don't want changed. I just leave mine this way all the time, but you can accidently add or delete a waypoint while playing the game with the keys programmed this way, just a warning...

Copy & paste this into files with these names (make files with notepad first). Then place the cfg files into your svencoop folder.

wptsrcbotnew.cfg

CODE
rcbot waypoint on
rcbot pathwaypoint on
bind "INS" "rcbot waypoint add"
bind "DEL" "rcbot waypoint delete"
bind "END" "rcbot waypoint save"
bind "HOME" "rcbot waypoint load"
bind "F1" "rcbot squad_menu"
bind "F2" "rcbot waypoint_menu"
bind "PGUP" "rcbot pathwaypoint create1"
bind "PGDN" "rcbot pathwaypoint create2"
bind "[" "rcbot pathwaypoint remove1"
bind "]" "rcbot pathwaypoint remove2"
bind "-" "rcbot bot_menu"
bind "F3" "rcbot waypoint info"

rcbwptcht.cfg

CODE
rcbot util notarget_mode
rcbot util godmode
rcbot util noclip_mode
exec wptsrcbotnew.cfg

So, I usually execute the 2nd cfg to start my waypointing session. In the console, I type exec rcbwptcht.cfg. The 2nd cfg will execute the first. It turns on waypoints and auto pathways, it puts me in godmode, notarget_mode, & noclip_mode all with one command. Now sometimes I don't want the cheats (godmode etc.) on, so I just exec the first cfg instead..

This is probably more info than you wanted, but maybe someone else can use it too... Anyways, you got at least a week to try yourself, if you want to...?

I'll let you know in a about a week if I can do it for sure or not...

I have windows but I still cant find any newer version than 1.3
Which filebase do you mean? Is it this http://rcbot.bots-united.com/ ?

That is the rcbot website, not the filebase for bots-united, which is a database for multiple bots, including rcbot. I'm not sure what the problem is here? There are direct links to the files you need for sc3.0 in my previous post ^^ ? For newer rcbot versions, you need to get the rcbot metamod dll's buried in the forums, but they are intended for newer versions of svencoop, I don't know if they will work in sc3.0? I think for sc3.0, to get started with rcbot, you should use the links I provide above, to the rcbotbeta v1.441. It is a very good version... wink.gif

Hope this helps...

max

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 06:42 PM