> dod_flash
TesterYYY
post Jan 26 2013, 06:18 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,251

Waypoints for map dod_flash.
Tested on release v0.7

Installation: Extract *.rcw file to directory - \Steam\steamapps\<your username>\rcbot2\waypoints\day of defeat source\dod

Attached File  dod_flash.zip ( 4.96k ) Number of downloads: 561
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
genmac
post Jan 31 2013, 01:43 AM
Post #2

RCBot Guru

Group: Waypointers
Member No.: 2,098

nice! tnx!
+Quote Post
madmax2
post May 11 2013, 09:55 AM
Post #3

RCBot Guru

Member No.: 2,162

[Edit 12-9-14]

My best dod_flash modified rcws are now all in this pack. This is just a repack of waypoints posted before, that were spread over multiple topics:

dod_flash_rcw_pack.zip
http://rcbot.bots-united.com/uploads/madma...sh_rcw_pack.zip

The default waypoint is my latest RCbot2 .8/.9 rcw from the dod_flash_rcb85_rcws.zip (dod_flash_madmax2.rcw).

The pack also includes the following RCbot2 .76 (.7) rcws... Rename them to use them, duh... tongue.gif

dod_flash_allies_rtn3.rcw
dod_flash_allies_rtn2.rcw
dod_flash_axis_revenge4.rcw

A brief readme with rcw info is included...

Original Post:
Here is the latest dod_flash rcw based off testeryyy's (& genmac's) rcw, thanks man... I'm calling this one allies_return... It's a more balanced rcw than the last ones I posted in that other thread (axis_revenge)... It includes tweaks/fixes for the allied side this time. I still have a few things to do on it, but this one seems pretty balenced with bot vs bot testing. Thought I would post this now in case anyone wants to check it out, but I expect to post more updates on it this weekend & hopefully be done with it, for the most part... rolleyes.gif

I may have a way to beef up the tank defense for the axis, so it won't be easy to sneak thru there? But I need to test it more to be sure it doesn't weaken the main path too much... Need to run a few play tests too...

Here's a scoreboard for a 20min game of 7vs7 bots, evenly matched up... This was the last test I ran on it tonight, I doubt it will be that even everytime, and i havn't play tested this exact rcw yet... wink.gif
Dead Link

I'll post more info tomarrow, about the rcw... it's getin late here...

btw, this was tested on the first rcbot2 .73beta, not the 2nd beta....
+Quote Post
madmax2
post May 11 2013, 07:41 PM
Post #4

RCBot Guru

Some of the changes from axis_revenge include:

Blocked allies from returning to area behind thier first flag, simular to axis first flag setup, this makes them more offensive. Also, added new wpt/path thru door near first flag, for allies hanging up, it may need a bit more tweaking?

At allied 2nd flag, allies forced to flag first, before going to thier sniper/defend wpts. Too many times i've seen allies gaurding an axis flag here, so this alone will make it much harder for axis to score higher. Also moved defend wpt from behind flag to front of flag and added a second defend wpt. Not sure if i'll keep both of these or not? It kinda balances what happens at 2nd axis flag tho, sucks up bot defenders, heh heh...

Tweaked the pathways around center flag a bit more, forcing bots thru the flag. also added a wpt fix there for allied bots getting hung up near stairs. Inside the pub there, removed excess paths & crouch tagged 2 wpts. For some reason, allied bots were often getting hung up trying to get thru the wall to the snipe/mg wpt, i think? maybe they get thrown back behind the wall by an explosion, and thinking they are still near the snipe/mg wpt? Just removing the excess paths, and adding another normal wpt there didn't work alone. Havn't seen the problem since adding the crouch tags, though...

At axis 2nd flag, forced bots to run thru flag, for this version. Normalized all area tags here, back to area3 only... this is the normal version rcw....

allies and axis can jump thru window now, watch ur back, heh heh...

Changed an area2 mg to area4, still testing this, but looks good so far...

Tweaked more radi...

I tried to add the axis sniper back in at thier first flag in house there, and i also added one for allies in building near allied first flag. but in both cases, right at beginning of match, snipers would go there & double up! I don't like that, so i removed the sniper tags again...

To do:

Left a few wpts in that may be removed for a final version, but won't hurt or impact the gameplay...

May adjust a couple of the unreachables, might be to low?

add some of genmac's suggestions, tho i did shorten one path to crouch wpt so far...

Possibly more area tweaks. But only if it doesn't impact center flag action too much, and helps axis tank defense...

PlaytestPlaytestPlaytestPlaytestPlaytestPlaytest

and anything i forgot, heh heh...

enjoy... biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
madmax2
post May 12 2013, 08:41 AM
Post #5

RCBot Guru

Another updated dod_flash rcw. The main changes are:

Implemented genmacs suggestion for adding a normal wpt near crouch & prone locations to speed the bots up a bit. Did this at all crouch/prone wpts that had long paths to them, including a new path/enter/exit to the sniper location next to tree close to allied 2nd flag.

A couple radius tweaks, the important one for axis at first corner to center flag, i had enlarged it, but bots were sticking to the telephone pole to much, so reduced it from 120 to 80... at same location, removed a defend tag from the mg sandbag there, its one i had just added, but axis bots were collecting & doubling up on it too much...

Raised up the unreachable wpt at hole in building over looking the center flag. Saw rockets go right in the hole now, heh heh....

Changed pathing around center flag slightly.

At axis sniper perch, slid the jump & sniper/defend wpts to the right slightly, for the corner window, bots don't get into the corner much now, if at all. And are centered in the window better...

Slight wpt/path change near allied first flag, allies leave this area a little faster now...

I think thats the main changes, probably will have a couple more updates to this, before I'm done. But likely won't get anything done today, being mom's day...

Check it out, I think it's better than the last one... smile.gif

My best modified dod_flash rcws are now in one pack, including this rcw... see post 3:
http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index....ost&p=11737
+Quote Post
genmac
post May 13 2013, 04:25 AM
Post #6

RCBot Guru

nice! will check it out...and yeah Happy Mothers Day to all!
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Sep 19 2013, 04:43 PM
Post #7

RCBot Guru

Here is a slightly modified dod_flash rcw. Its a little more defensive at flags 2 & 4. Bots will re-cap these flags faster if lost, and defend them a bit more than the last rcw (allies_rtn2). Axis bots are no longer forced to stay in the sniper perch. This rcw isn't necessarily better, it will just play a bit different. I changed some areas & defend wpts slightly, and tweaked a few paths to get this result, thats about it.

With allies_rtn2, i've seen both sides cap all the flags. once one side gets 4 of the flags, it can dominate, or it can go the other way. And it seems axis were still winning most of the time with 7vs7 bots. It's not quite like that with this rcw, the scoring seems closer, I think... And neither side has capped all the flags. I'm not sure if it will be that way with players, but it will be different...

Since I haven't really play tested this (just observed), i'll leave both rcw's posted for now, until i have time to play it a few times...

flasher_rc1 will be next, it's mostly done, just tweaking & testing now...

Have fun,
madmax2

Hey Emotional,
I sent you a waypoint link... Check your messages.... wink.gif

My best modified dod_flash rcws are now in one pack, including this rcw... see post 3:
http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index....ost&p=11737
+Quote Post
genmac
post Sep 20 2013, 02:10 AM
Post #8

RCBot Guru

Nice!

As for me I want them always moving faster now bec. I just love seeing them sprint a lot coz it's so darn cool! biggrin.gif

dod_anzio is the first map customize to that sort of thing and I might do donner and kalt as well until I get tired of it hehe.
+Quote Post
Nubzior
post Sep 9 2015, 03:58 PM
Post #9

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,409

Thanks for this waypoints, but i have question, its hard to edit it to work with dod_flash_tank?
+Quote Post
genmac
post Sep 10 2015, 03:26 AM
Post #10

RCBot Guru

Depends how much you need to edit to make the wpts work or fit the map...it's not that hard all it takes is some reading on the manual or just request a wpt for it.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:24 PM