Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> NEED HELP WITH THE DLL FILES ETC plzzz, Help Run Install
EaT mY LeD
post Jan 28 2007, 08:29 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,016

Hey everyone i downloaded RC Bot and then extracted the files to ...steamapps/<myname>/halflife but now i really need help with the commenting and changing directorys and stuff its crazy i got no idea what to do cood u plz tell me how to do it in a really step by step basic way tongue.gif maybe by even showing me a screen shot of what the txt file shood look like (this is for battle grounds by the way). im sure its really easy but im just missing sumthing anyway thanks alot,
cheers.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Jan 29 2007, 02:21 PM
Post #2

Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(EaT mY LeD @ Jan 28 2007, 08:29 AM) *

Hey everyone i downloaded RC Bot and then extracted the files to ...steamapps/<myname>/halflife but now i really need help with the commenting and changing directorys and stuff its crazy i got no idea what to do cood u plz tell me how to do it in a really step by step basic way tongue.gif maybe by even showing me a screen shot of what the txt file shood look like (this is for battle grounds by the way). im sure its really easy but im just missing sumthing anyway thanks alot,
cheers.

Sandmans explanation is good if you didn't see it: http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=516 the install is exact same for each MOD except different lines will eb commented out (therefore won't actually be parsed by HL) such as ns.dll line, that will be bg.dll line in battlegrounds but iall you do is comment it out and have gamedll pointing to RCBot Dll, The rcbot dll does the hard work finding the BG.dll file itself.

It is explained step by step. There are many other install threads around if you search for the related terms
+Quote Post
EaT mY LeD
post Jan 31 2007, 03:16 AM
Post #3

yeah ive checked around the other install guides but maybe not that one, i'll check thnx for the help.
+Quote Post
Sandman[SA]
post Jan 31 2007, 07:29 AM
Post #4

RCBot Waypointer

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 19

Man, I put a lot of time writing that to. It's a shame that some people miss reading it. sad.gif
+Quote Post
EaT mY LeD
post Feb 2 2007, 11:41 PM
Post #5

lol yeah i actually i had read it but it was for ns wich i didnt hav at the time so it wasnt much help, but now im on ns, and its helping me heaps, thnx man.
+Quote Post
EaT mY LeD
post Feb 3 2007, 12:47 AM
Post #6

Aw there is 1 lst thing that i really dont get. I am running metamod 1.19, whichbot v1_05, rcbot 13, and ns v32-beta2 .
My last issue is that i have installed everything to the correct folders, but i dont know how to correctly write the plugins document for metamod. How far back am i supposed to record the location of whichbot and rcbot, shood i put the directory in " " 's. can u show me exactly what the code shood look like, with no ...'s etc.
thnx alot.
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Feb 3 2007, 12:42 PM
Post #7

Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(EaT mY LeD @ Feb 3 2007, 12:47 AM) *

Aw there is 1 lst thing that i really dont get. I am running metamod 1.19, whichbot v1_05, rcbot 13, and ns v32-beta2 .
My last issue is that i have installed everything to the correct folders, but i dont know how to correctly write the plugins document for metamod. How far back am i supposed to record the location of whichbot and rcbot, shood i put the directory in " " 's. can u show me exactly what the code shood look like, with no ...'s etc.
thnx alot.

its the exact same for metamod plugins.ini as it is for liblist.gam

i.e.

../rcbot/dlls/rcbot_mm.dll

except the dll changes, hence rcbot_mm.dll

and rcbot 1.3 is quite old, it won't work with the latest NS, you can find the latest beta on the http://filebase.bots-united.com site
+Quote Post
EaT mY LeD
post Feb 4 2007, 12:43 AM
Post #8

so u even put the ..'s and thats all the directory u need, and it doesnt need quotes? ok i'll try that but correct my plz if im rong.
+Quote Post
LordSkitch
post Feb 4 2007, 02:51 AM
Post #9

I cuddle with my bots.

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 291

CODE
win32 addons/amxmodx/dlls/amxmodx_mm.dll          AMX Mod X
win32 ../rcbot/dlls/rcbot_mm.dll                  RCBots
win32 addons/gweb/dlls/gweb.dll                   Grapple Webs
win32 addons/awards/dlls/mm_award.dll             Awards
win32 addons/rspores/rspore_mm.dll                Res Spores
win32 addons/selfweld/dlls/selfweld.dll           Self Weld
win32 addons/shealth/dlls/structurehealth.dll     Structure Health
win32 addons/fireworks/dlls/fireworks_mm.dll      Fireworks
win32 addons/offthehive/dlls/offthehive_mm.dll    Off The Hive!
win32 addons/parasite/pra_mm.dll                  Parasite Removal
win32 addons/cpustat/dlls/cpustat_ns_mm.dll       CPU stats

thats most of my \metamod\plugins.ini
+Quote Post
EaT mY LeD
post Feb 4 2007, 05:12 AM
Post #10

aw far out this is getting really annoying now and i must be annoying u guys. thnx btw, lord skitch, but now wen i try and run a server, it crashes. Ive looked in the faq and stuff, but i just cant fix this problem wat do u reckon cood be rong.
thnx.
+Quote Post
EaT mY LeD
post Feb 4 2007, 05:49 AM
Post #11

lol ok dw about that anymore i finally got my RC bots working, but the waypoints r stuffed, the bots just run around thehome base, they shoot and stuff but do nuffin else tongue.gif shood i download the new waypoints?
I need the 3.2 beta 2 way points wich arent listed, so i put a thread there asking for them, so u cood put them here if u wanna. it would be greatly appreciated if you can make these way points, and it isnt too much trouble.
thnx.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:55 AM