MarD
post May 21 2006, 05:09 PM
Post #41

RCBot Fan

Group: Waypointers
Member No.: 419

Heyyo,

I thought I'd bump this ol' topic. smile.gif

So I waypoined out overwatch and I think it was lockdown.. can't remember the name, but it takes place in nova prospect in the bathroom. Anywho, bots work pretty good on that level, sweet stuff cheeseh. But, the bot's don't always turn and face you when you shoot at them, also, bot's don't know team deathmatch models n' just shoot at anything. Also, sometimes when bots spawn they don't seem to use waypoints if I don't save the waypoints and reload them by restarting the map. Also, for CSS, when I add bots, they join teams, but even on round restart they don't spawn in, they always stay as dead. Just some observations I made to help you make RCBot2 better.. soon I'll probably release a "HL2DM official maps waypointpack for RCBot2 Revision 1.0" if no one else beats me to it.. biggrin.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Sarahh
post Jun 27 2006, 01:37 PM
Post #42

Group: Members
Member No.: 778

Hello MarD!

I would be very interested if you would release "HL2DM official maps waypointpack for RCBot2 Revision 1.0" smile.gif

/Sarah

+Quote Post
MarD
post Jun 28 2006, 10:51 PM
Post #43

RCBot Fan

Heyyo,

Done. I uploaded them to bots united. link: http://filebase.bots-united.com/index.php?action=file&id=395

Cheeseh, there's a bug in the waypoint editor where I can't see half the waypoints at times and over half the pathwaypoints either. Usually after the 72nd waypoint it starts to happen. I hope you can fix this up someday. smile.gif
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Jun 29 2006, 03:15 PM
Post #44

Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

its an HL Engine problem at Valves part, (read bots-untied wiki on displaying beams in source engine)
+Quote Post
MarD
post Jun 29 2006, 06:25 PM
Post #45

RCBot Fan

Heyyo,

Ack, that blows. So there's nothing you can really do like how you had it setup on RCBot1? If so I could finish tuning my waypoints, cause yeah, they ain't the best. Also dude, I noticed the autopathwaypoint system is quite innacurate compared to the old one. Lots of times it autopathwaypoints between 2 waypoints when there's no ground, or from the ground up to a ledge. I also tried the old way of doing ladders where the top waypoint has to be further in the ladder in the direction you want the bot to climb, but I don't think the bots like how ladders are done in the HL2 engine, cause I havn't seen one bot yet climb a ladder.

For the others that wanna read the article Cheeseh pointed me towards here's the link:
http://wiki.bots-united.com/index.php/Disp...e_Source_engine
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Jun 29 2006, 09:15 PM
Post #46

Admin

I'll add a command that lets the user change the waypoint display type to either effects engine or debug overlay. I'll contact valve sometime about it too.

They dont support ladders yet, i don't even have a ladder waypoint type added yet.!
+Quote Post
MarD
post Jun 29 2006, 11:47 PM
Post #47

RCBot Fan

Heyyo,

Sounds good Cheeseh. smile.gif

Ah, and that can explain the ladder usesage, lol. Well, when I typed in the console "rcbot waypoint givetype ladder" it changes color to yellow, but yeah, bots freak out at the base n' sit there. tongue.gif

Always eager for the next update. Right now gonna play some Fear Coop... if only there was bots for that too, I tell ya. laugh.gif
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Jun 30 2006, 10:56 AM
Post #48

Admin

oh ,well I forgot I added the type! But I definetly havent added any handling of the ladders yet!
+Quote Post
Sarahh
post Jun 30 2006, 01:14 PM
Post #49

Member No.: 778

QUOTE (MarD @ Jun 29 2006, 12:51 AM)
Heyyo,

Done. I uploaded them to bots united. link: http://filebase.bots-united.com/index.php?action=file&id=395

Cheeseh, there's a bug in the waypoint editor where I can't see half the waypoints at times and over half the pathwaypoints either. Usually after the 72nd waypoint it starts to happen. I hope you can fix this up someday. smile.gif

Thanks for the wp-pack MarD, will try the waypoints this weekend.

/Sarah
+Quote Post
MarD
post Feb 20 2007, 07:35 AM
Post #50

RCBot Fan

Heyyo,

Omg, time for thread necro! tongue.gif

I just noticed that you updated it, and that last release you included my waypoints (w00t! glad to contribute Cheeseh), and that if in future releases you fix up the waypoint editor more I'll better finetune my waypoints. Cause it seems to be fixed up more, but there are still a lot of un-shown paths, or waypoints not letting me create paths, and if I delete the waypoint and re-create it it will still not create paths to some waypoints but still others. An example is on dm_lockdown, in the little observer room with the armor and health dispenser, over by the windows theres some waypoints that won't create (or just show) pathwaypoints to nearby waypoints, but does to 3 other waypoints.

Anywho, I am tweaking a bit of my waypoints to try and make them more playable and flow better since I can see more of my pathwaypoints and waypoints (I think now I see all waypoints I create, just the paths don't always work), and once I do I'll post them up again. smile.gif

I also noticed you created an RCbot2 waypoint section, but I can't see anything there, so there is a bit of a glitch with that section of the forums you need to cleanse of errors. wink.gif
+Quote Post
SuperHebbe
post Feb 23 2007, 07:27 AM
Post #51

Member No.: 1,040

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Jun 30 2006, 11:56 AM) *

oh ,well I forgot I added the type! But I definetly havent added any handling of the ladders yet!

But you will? rolleyes.gif
+Quote Post
Salvax
post Feb 23 2007, 10:28 AM
Post #52

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,034

yeah, he will.

and how can we kick all bots @ once ? blink.gif
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Feb 23 2007, 12:47 PM
Post #53

Admin

QUOTE(Salvax @ Feb 23 2007, 10:28 AM) *

yeah, he will.

and how can we kick all bots @ once ? blink.gif

no command for that yet, you can use "rcbot kickbot" to only kick one bot at a time. A temporary solution is to change the map tongue.gif
+Quote Post
Salvax
post Feb 23 2007, 02:03 PM
Post #54

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,034

yeah...and i like random kicking biggrin.gif
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th June 2024 - 02:26 PM