Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Working with Scout Update, Please try this test DLL
Geralt
post May 25 2009, 09:08 AM
Post #41

RCBot Fan

Group: Waypointers
Member No.: 1,465

Not until at least a week for any waypoints, I'm afraid. Extremely busy right now. sad.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Kramer
post May 25 2009, 01:55 PM
Post #42

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,542

Ah I understand. Everyone got to go to school, work, etc.. I for one going to a Police Academy next 2 week which the course can be from 6 month to 9 month. Damn, now I got lesser time to play Team Fortress 2 sad.gif
+Quote Post
LoopyDood
post May 26 2009, 07:49 PM
Post #43

Member No.: 1,489

I've downloaded the TF2 update at my school and copied all the files onto my PC like I said, but TF2 won't launch. It says "Preparing to launch Team Fortress 2" and doesn't appear to do anything at all. I even left it like that overnight and in the morning it was frozen.

I checked my firewall for any internet activity and while it is stuck like that, it's constantly downloading 1.7-1.8 MBs of data, then restarting. I tried deleting the .blob files, which didn't help.
+Quote Post
Geralt
post May 27 2009, 12:06 AM
Post #44

RCBot Fan

Try right clicking on TF2 in your Steam Game list, then click on the Local Files tab. Then do both "Verify integrity of game cache..." and "Defragment game files".
+Quote Post
LoopyDood
post May 27 2009, 03:13 AM
Post #45

QUOTE(Geralt @ May 26 2009, 08:06 PM) *

Try right clicking on TF2 in your Steam Game list, then click on the Local Files tab. Then do both "Verify integrity of game cache..." and "Defragment game files".

When verifying integrity, it always freezes (Just the progress, not Steam) at 40%. Defragmenting works fine.
I don't understand, this method worked perfectly when I tried it after the Scout update...

Anyways, I'm downloading today's update overnight tonight. I'll post whether or not it helped tomorrow...
+Quote Post
Geralt
post May 27 2009, 03:18 AM
Post #46

RCBot Fan

Well, because it didn't Verify correctly I'd say some of the files may be corrupt or missing, it may work after the update or you might have to try re-downloading the whole thing again.
+Quote Post
Kramer
post May 27 2009, 01:20 PM
Post #47

I try to play on ctf_well but this pop-up and crash

'952/respawnroom_blue_2b - func_respawnroom: UTIL_SetModel : not precached: *143'

I try to re-install and even copy a .bsp from a working one from my other PC and it did'nt solve. This even happen when I'm not using RCBOT?
+Quote Post
Sandman[SA]
post May 29 2009, 02:20 AM
Post #48

RCBot Waypointer

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 19

Does this scout update patch for rcbot include all the files? namely waypoints, configs and such?
+Quote Post
Geralt
post May 29 2009, 03:55 AM
Post #49

RCBot Fan

' date='May 29 2009, 02:20 PM' post='8226']
Does this scout update patch for rcbot include all the files? namely waypoints, configs and such?

These are all the files;
http://files.filefront.com/RCbot2+TF2+Alph...;/fileinfo.html

smile.gif
+Quote Post
Frenzy
post May 29 2009, 07:45 PM
Post #50

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,458

If it was me I would wait till the bot is functioning properly with the latest updates on Dedicated servers before getting publicity, Because people will want to make servers with the bots.
+Quote Post
SonicKun
post May 31 2009, 09:09 AM
Post #51

Member No.: 1,529

QUOTE(Kramer @ May 21 2009, 02:37 PM) *

So Geralt, it sound good. So when release it? Can't wait for it! and KeReMiD4O, the sniper stuff hapen to me too! tongue.gif
Got suggestion although I think the bot interaction is already quite solid now. I know cheeseh is very busy but hopefully some will be fix in a couple of release so everyone could enjoy it:)

Suggestion:
General Bot Issue

-Play in cp_gravelpit but bot won't capture point. Any update to make it work on cp anytime soon?
-Bot in ctf_turbine will try to get a health pill near the briefcase entrance despite can't double jump
-Bot should not taunt in fire fight area
-Bot especially pyro should check for presence of Spy like firing when someone enter/leave enter Intel room
-Bot say Spy! when saw Spy use electro-sapper
-Each round in ctf should last longer with bot more ruthless. For example in online, engineer concentrate on sentry and it is quite a surprise to win the round in 30 minute. With bot, it only take 10 minute to win the round.
-Bot will automatically change class if the class they pick not work very well (maybe change after 3 death unless it is a Engineer or Medic which change less frequent)
-Sometimes bot will fire at wall for no apparent reason and kill themselves like Soldier/Demoman
-Bot shoot at the door (which can open/close) even when it is close as in ctf_turbine
Specific Class Issue

-Engineer should cooperate with one another rather than blindly attacking enemy (minimize firefight for engineer). Engineer should blow up their sentry if it got no kill after 8-10 minute and place it elsewhere.
-Medic should not follow-heal another medic unless to their health go down. Medic also should not enter firefight but concentrate on healing other
-Make Demoman use sticky bomb effectively
-Scout should become a 'pest' like shoot-and-run rather than direct shooting
-Sniper should fire more accurately(headshot) and faster (in ctf_2fort, they should act like in online play when it's hard to go in te open when they in the roof)
-Soldier should not fire rocket close to them
-Spy should use electro-sapper

Btw, why RCBot is not promoting this particular bot? It’s very enjoyable but no one seem to notice yet.I only know RCBot when Dr.Evil said about this RCBot beat his Omni-Bot (he got PCGamer review even before completion). I think you should send a link to some TF2 website so everyone could try it. biggrin.gif
I'm thinking posting this bot in some forum which I'm active in.

you forget about pyros, when they spam fire, you don't see the fire
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post May 31 2009, 01:09 PM
Post #52

Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

First of all , a lot of those bugs are things I can't really fix, for example the Medic healing (which i got a workaround for but is still buggy), Pyro flame bug, Gravity problem, are all because of the interface problem between plugins and TF2, this is what Omni-bot tried to fix with the interface changes that haven't been released yet. Even the bot at the moment is a complete work around for the plugin interface problem, because it crashed when trying to add bots the normal way using the bot interface given to us by the Source SDK for orange box. This time, RCBot is just using in-built TF2 bots as things to control, it's not the safest way because theoretically RCBot can control humans, and at the moment I haven't put the code in to disable that! Also this makes the bot working with dedicated servers much less likely.

Anyway enough ranting, I'm not saying RCbot can't be improved or made smarter, on the contrary, but there is a lot more work than should be required. For example the sapper problem, in the game, sappers actually ALWAYS exist on a sentry, but they just aren't activated, its a silly way of TF2 to do it that way, but this makes work 10x more difficult. Because you need to find a way of telling when a sapper is activated. Sometimes a lot of things you just can't find from a plugin, even with the interface I am using, it's not perfect. I should stop ranting now.

I'm not really promoting the bot because I would still say it's at very early stages and not so intelligent, as people expect too much, and would be dissapointed, and it would get terrible "reviews".

(Also for me, I'm a bit busy at the moment I've got essays to be in at the end of the week and a bit panicky over it)

When I get the time to work on it I want to work more on getting the bots working with different game modes rather than improving intelligence at the moment. I got the bots nearly working with cp_granary, and they are capping the correct points... but still a little work to do. Also this will require a script for each map, but I haven't coded scripts yet, I've just hard-coded it at the moment
+Quote Post
SonicKun
post May 31 2009, 02:05 PM
Post #53

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ May 31 2009, 03:09 PM) *

First of all , a lot of those bugs are things I can't really fix, for example the Medic healing (which i got a workaround for but is still buggy), Pyro flame bug, Gravity problem, are all because of the interface problem between plugins and TF2, this is what Omni-bot tried to fix with the interface changes that haven't been released yet. Even the bot at the moment is a complete work around for the plugin interface problem, because it crashed when trying to add bots the normal way using the bot interface given to us by the Source SDK for orange box. This time, RCBot is just using in-built TF2 bots as things to control, it's not the safest way because theoretically RCBot can control humans, and at the moment I haven't put the code in to disable that! Also this makes the bot working with dedicated servers much less likely.

Anyway enough ranting, I'm not saying RCbot can't be improved or made smarter, on the contrary, but there is a lot more work than should be required. For example the sapper problem, in the game, sappers actually ALWAYS exist on a sentry, but they just aren't activated, its a silly way of TF2 to do it that way, but this makes work 10x more difficult. Because you need to find a way of telling when a sapper is activated. Sometimes a lot of things you just can't find from a plugin, even with the interface I am using, it's not perfect. I should stop ranting now.

I'm not really promoting the bot because I would still say it's at very early stages and not so intelligent, as people expect too much, and would be dissapointed, and it would get terrible "reviews".

(Also for me, I'm a bit busy at the moment I've got essays to be in at the end of the week and a bit panicky over it)

When I get the time to work on it I want to work more on getting the bots working with different game modes rather than improving intelligence at the moment. I got the bots nearly working with cp_granary, and they are capping the correct points... but still a little work to do. Also this will require a script for each map, but I haven't coded scripts yet, I've just hard-coded it at the moment

in know it, however, i saw a video on dustbowl http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5pnO_u7pLg do the bots work on dustbowl?
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post May 31 2009, 02:24 PM
Post #54

Admin

QUOTE(SonicKun @ May 31 2009, 03:05 PM) *

in know it, however, i saw a video on dustbowl http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5pnO_u7pLg do the bots work on dustbowl?

they do not work properly on dustbowl. there are some waypoints around for it bu they do not play it properly. There is no code for CP maps and at the moment they will just run aorund randomly.
+Quote Post
Kramer
post Jun 4 2009, 08:20 AM
Post #55

Well at least you the first one to release a proper bot before anyone else and thats nice! hopefully by the time SDK is release more update will be able to fix the problem.

Hopefully it will be able to support payload and others. Server will be lonely without RCBot. wink.gif
+Quote Post
LoopyDood
post Jun 6 2009, 03:05 PM
Post #56

I got it working! Hooray!

You should upload the source for this version. smile.gif
+Quote Post
bir3yk
post Jun 6 2009, 10:37 PM
Post #57

RCBot Fan

Member No.: 1,566

Hello everybody. I have a linux dedicated server is crashing when the work load bots. sad.gif He writes this is ...
VAC secure mode is activated.
rcbotd addbot
<2><BOT><>" connected, address "none"
*** [R] GetISteamGameServerItems
<2><BOT><>" entered the gamehph3ar
[RCBot] bot added
<2><BOT><Unassigned>" joined team "Red"
HandleCommand_JoinClass( undefined ) - invalid class name.
<2><BOT><Red>" changed role to "heavyweapons"
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
Cannot access memory at address 0xb7f8965c
/home/valera/hlds/orangebox/debug.cmds:3: Error in sourced command file:
Cannot access memory at address 0xb7f8965c

Please compile it HPB_bot_i486.so or prompt where to find the problem. Thanks in advance.
+Quote Post
SonicKun
post Jun 11 2009, 07:10 PM
Post #58

mehdichallenger
rcbot2tf2
tf2 map pack
2009-06-05 16:18:17
Click Here

i tried some of thoose, the cp looks pretty well, but in the pl bots don't push the cart.
the waypoints are awesome however ^^
+Quote Post
NifesNforks
post Jun 12 2009, 05:17 PM
Post #59

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,450

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ May 31 2009, 03:09 PM) *

Hmm... Will the script be inside the waypoint file or will you need to add a new folder with "scripts" or something? Is there a chance that you will release it anytime soon? wink.gif
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Jun 13 2009, 09:50 PM
Post #60

Admin

QUOTE(Skeggar @ Jun 12 2009, 06:17 PM) *

Hmm... Will the script be inside the waypoint file or will you need to add a new folder with "scripts" or something? Is there a chance that you will release it anytime soon? wink.gif

most likely it will be a seperate script file , called something like <mapname>.rcs maybe,
not really anytime soon, still things to fix with it first before getting into scrpting. and that will also take a little bit of time too, doh,
+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:03 PM