IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> dod_hinterland_1944;dod_reserve_rc2;dod_dorfkampf_tag_rc2;dod_s4e_antique;dod_s4e_clash_rc2;dod_s4e_twintown_v4 Waypoints
darkranger
post Jan 5 2016, 02:26 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,254

Waypoints can be downloaded here:
Download Here

MAPLIST:
dod_hinterland_1944
dod_reserve_rc2
dod_dorfkampf_tag_rc2
dod_s4e_antique
dod_s4e_clash_rc2
dod_s4e_twintown_v4

The MAPS you can download here:
My DODS Maps

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Jan 5 2016, 09:30 PM
Post #2

RCBot Guru

Group: Waypointers
Member No.: 2,162

Wow, thanks for all the waypoints (gungame wpts too) and map links. When I get to a better connection, I'll try getting some maps, any favorites? smile.gif
+Quote Post
darkranger
post Jan 5 2016, 10:49 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

QUOTE(madmax2 @ Jan 5 2016, 10:30 PM) *

Wow, thanks for all the waypoints (gungame wpts too) and map links. When I get to a better connection, I'll try getting some maps, any favorites? smile.gif

Try dod_hinterland_1944 - its an Flash style map!

or

dod_dorfkampf_tag_rc2 - Big map with much ways to go smile.gif

greetz, darkranger
+Quote Post
YuriFR
post Jan 14 2016, 12:52 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,318

QUOTE(darkranger @ Jan 5 2016, 12:26 PM) *

MAPLIST:
dod_hinterland_1944
dod_reserve_rc2
[...]

Hello!
And thanks for all the waypoints!

First of all: do not get me as a boring, with what I have to say. OK!? I want to just help! smile.gif

Please make a revision / conference on your waypoints, I played the first 2 maps from the list and are with many "bugs". To "lay" it seems like failure is the Rcbot2 system ("bots are bad"), when in fact is in the "waypointing" process ...
At first I thought that was used only one command: "rcbot waypoint add", "rcbot waypoint add", "rcbot waypoint add" ... ignoring the very important "rcbot pathwaypoint on", which reveals what point is connected to which other - if it did doesn't there these bugs ... (I say this because I also get this fault/error at the beginning wink.gif )

=> [A tip: re-read the manual that comes with the Rcbot2, always do when I have questions or problems]

I will quote all "bugs" without going into maps details:
- Some places there are no waypoints linking spawn area to the other waypoints
- There is no "jump" waypoints when necessary (forcing bots to stop, re-route and then jump: it is time consuming and CPU processing)
- There are paths that intersect obstacles (boxes, plant pots, sandbags, etc.), forcing the bots to the above behavior
- There should be careful with the outline of obstacles and walls (and edges), when create a waypoint (and their pathwaypoint)
- There are return paths when it is not desirable or the return is not possible (eg: a down side to a very high side)
- There is no return paths when it is desirable (eg: a path goes to a fix position, but there is no return paths and the bot is there until his death, if die...)
- There are waypoints in relatively important passages, but they are disconnected and are therefore unusable ...
- There is very little or no use of fixed positions (as mgs or snipers, that would leave the matches less monotonous)
- Among others ...

Maybe it's not necessary to start over, correcting the flawed waypoints leave their maps nicest to play (and the game rhythm becomes more "fluid") cool.gif

Thanks for listening!

[Sorry my bad english and any misunderstanding. I using google-translator...]
+Quote Post
darkranger
post Jan 15 2016, 11:10 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Thanks for your Input!

These waypoints are made fast. it tooks 30-60 minutes per map.
So they are not perfekt, but Bots will capture and win the Map also when i let them play allone!

They waypoints are all connected to each other. therefore i have looked carefully!

The Manual looks a little bit outdated. i have found out yesterday that "Rcbot waypoint drawtype 0" is the better view for pathnodes. (in the manual only 1,2,3 are described)

If I got time i will take a closer look at the Maps!

greetz, darkranger
+Quote Post
YuriFR
post Jan 15 2016, 12:19 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,318

QUOTE(darkranger @ Jan 15 2016, 09:10 AM) *

Thanks for your Input!

These waypoints are made fast. it tooks 30-60 minutes per map.
So they are not perfekt, but Bots will capture and win the Map also when i let them play allone!

They waypoints are all connected to each other. therefore i have looked carefully!

The Manual looks a little bit outdated. i have found out yesterday that "Rcbot waypoint drawtype 0" is the better view for pathnodes. (in the manual only 1,2,3 are described)

If I got time i will take a closer look at the Maps!
greetz, darkranger

Do it, take a look at!

I ended up forgetting a little thing ...: when corrections in yours waypoints be ready, post its waypoints also on the official repository rcbot2: http://rcbot.bots-united.com/waypoints.php?sort=maps&show=rcbot2dods (if necessary, make a account there - it is fast).

It is important that we keep a unified and official site for all released waypoints!

Thanks for attention!
+Quote Post
darkranger
post Jan 15 2016, 07:32 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

I have changed the Waypoint of DOD_Hinterland1944(with help from MadMax2) and DOD_s4e_clash_rc2.

Can you take a look, it is much much better now. smile.gif

Attached File  dod_hinterland_1944.zip ( 5.33k ) Number of downloads: 297

Attached File  dod_s4e_clash_rc2.zip ( 5.75k ) Number of downloads: 347

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:07 PM