Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Working on V1.0
Cheeseh
post Jan 4 2012, 05:12 PM
Post #1

Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Hey guys, back from the dead and I'm working on trying to get RCBot out of beta, I think it's possible. to do this, some things need to be done

DONE ~(latest SVN)

http://sourceforge.net/projects/rcbot2/develop

- spies only remove disguise on the flag point
- engineers stop trying to upgrade buildings when they are out of metal
- flag carriers don't melee
- spies only voluntarily lose their disguise at the flag point if it isn't carried by a team member
- more chance of medic ubering
- more chance of bots facing their last enemy when looking for them
- engineers crouch when building for the first time to upgrade the building
- bots follow flag carriers always
- spy bots attack engineers if their buildings are sapped
- bots detect spies on contact (if they get stuck and see them)
- bots go back to defend the push cart if it is being pushed
- fixed engineers not looking at their sentries while looking after them
- fixed bots not going to cart sometimes
- fixed bot teleporter issue
- fixed rcbot control command crash
- avoid code improved
- added rcbot_avoid_radius / rcbot_avoid_strength commands
- bots say 'thanks' if you upgrade their bulidings
- new bot utility system, max/min utilities can be changed by an external CSV (excel compatible) file
- i.e. flexible bot behaviour that the user can control for certain types of maps (e.g. attack defend)
this will give the engineer bots (for example) hints on what to build first in an attack map as opposed to a defend map
and scouts whether to go for the flag/cart or just plain roam around
this will be added by included two CSV files (attack/normal - i.e. defend) that can be edited in excel, or notepad, or any other csv editor
- attack_util.csv in config folder
- normal_util.csv in config folder
- higher priority for bots to shoot enemies attacking the point
- source change: easier for bots to say and hear all voice commands

TO DO

- bots take different routes around sentries if under low health
- fix bots 'high gravity' issue (will fix double jump and rocket jump)
- fix bots 'medi gun' and 'flamethrower' issue (will fix medic and pyro)

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Fillmore
post Jan 5 2012, 07:12 PM
Post #2

RCBot Guru

Group: Waypointers
Member No.: 1,511

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Jan 4 2012, 05:12 PM) *

Hey guys, back from the dead and I'm working on trying to get RCBot out of beta, I think it's possible. to do this, some things need to be done

DONE ~(latest SVN)

http://sourceforge.net/projects/rcbot2/develop

- spies only remove disguise on the flag point
- engineers stop trying to upgrade buildings when they are out of metal
- flag carriers don't melee
- spies only voluntarily lose their disguise at the flag point if it isn't carried by a team member
- more chance of medic ubering
- more chance of bots facing their last enemy when looking for them
- engineers crouch when building for the first time to upgrade the building
- bots follow flag carriers always
- spy bots attack engineers if their buildings are sapped
- bots detect spies on contact

TO DO

- find out the cause of a slowdown issue
- bots take different routes around sentries if under low health
- fix bots 'high gravity' issue (will fix double jump and rocket jump)
- fix bots 'medi gun' and 'flamethrower' issue (will fix medic and pyro)

I thought I'd never see the day. The "bots detect spies on contact" thing will make Spying around even harder, considering how disguises don't always fool them (although disguising as a Spy works around this if they have a Spy.)

Overall, it's nice to see that you're still working on the bots.

EDIT: It seems that the game crashes when you load the plugin.
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Jan 10 2012, 02:03 PM
Post #3

Admin

QUOTE(Fillmore @ Jan 5 2012, 07:12 PM) *

EDIT: It seems that the game crashes when you load the plugin.

The DLL isn't made available yet wink.gif
+Quote Post
Fillmore
post Jan 10 2012, 03:45 PM
Post #4

RCBot Guru

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Jan 10 2012, 02:03 PM) *

The DLL isn't made available yet wink.gif

Whoops, that might explain a few things. huh.gif
+Quote Post
genmac
post Jan 16 2012, 03:06 AM
Post #5

RCBot Guru

Member No.: 2,098

Very nice you're back Cheeseh!
Hope you add some improvements for DODS and hl2dm as well.
+Quote Post
hangphyr
post Jan 24 2012, 02:00 PM
Post #6

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,149

Good to see work continuing on the bot!

Makes me happy to see RCbot dev moving on still since valve TF2 bot's development has stagnated for such a long time.
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Mar 21 2012, 04:52 PM
Post #7

Admin

source additions:

(no release yet)

CODE

- avoid code improved
- new bot utility system, max/min utilities can be changed by an external CSV (excel compatible) file
- i.e. flexible bot behaviour that the user can control for certain types of maps (e.g. attack defend)
  this will give the engineer bots (for example) hints on what to build first in an attack map as opposed to a defend map
  this will be added by included two CSV files (attack/normal - i.e. defend) that can be edited in excel, or notepad, or any other csv editor
-    attack_util.csv in config folder
-    normal_util.csv in config folder
+Quote Post
Fillmore
post Mar 21 2012, 05:17 PM
Post #8

RCBot Guru

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Mar 21 2012, 04:52 PM) *

source additions:

(no release yet)

CODE

- avoid code improved
-    attack_util.csv in config folder
-    normal_util.csv in config folder

Does that utility system allow Engineer bots to roam around a small area near their sentry nest? And do bots use "Go! Go! Go!" and the other voice commands?

Also, I've kind of forgotten the medigun and flamer glitch. Could you remind me a bit about those?
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Mar 22 2012, 04:09 AM
Post #9

Admin

QUOTE(Fillmore @ Mar 21 2012, 05:17 PM) *

Does that utility system allow Engineer bots to roam around a small area near their sentry nest? And do bots use "Go! Go! Go!" and the other voice commands?

Also, I've kind of forgotten the medigun and flamer glitch. Could you remind me a bit about those?

It mainly allows the engi to focus on building first or roaming first, with it you can make engineers more defensive or offensive, by for example, making them more inclined to make a teleporter exit before making a sentry, or making a level one sentry before making a teleporter.

here's an example of the file

CODE

//    SCOUT        SNIPER        SOLDIER        DEMOMAN        MEDIC        HWGUY        PYRO        SPY        ENGINEER    
//    min    max    min    max    min    max    min    max    min    max    min    max    min    max    min    max    min    max
BOT_UTIL_BUILDSENTRY    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0
BOT_UTIL_BUILDDISP    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0
BOT_UTIL_BUILDTELENT    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0.1    0.2
BOT_UTIL_BUILDTELEXT    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0.2
BOT_UTIL_UPGSENTRY    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0
BOT_UTIL_UPGDISP    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0
BOT_UTIL_UPGTELENT    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0.1    0.2
BOT_UTIL_UPGTELEXT    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0
BOT_UTIL_UPGTMSENTRY    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0
BOT_UTIL_UPGTMDISP    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0
BOT_UTIL_UPGTMTELENT    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0
BOT_UTIL_UPGTMTELEXT    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0
BOT_UTIL_GOTODISP    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0.1    0.2    0    0    0    0    0    0

(each line beginning with // is ignored)

with this one , it is a bit difficlut to see , but this is the attack utility, the engineer is just a tiny bit more inclined to build both teleporters and upgrade them than build a sentry and maintain it. These values will be added to the current feeling of the bot from a random value between the min and max,

This file also shows that Heavys are more likely to use a dispenser to heal

---------

At the moments bots just use "medic!" , "thanks!" and "spy!"

I'm thinking of ways to add others, such as "Go go go". I'd like to add a behaviour to the bots where they wait for teammates to rush together and then when they are ready they shout "Go go go!"

Maybe you can give me some ideas when to use the voice commands and what bots should do if they hear a voice command. (at the moment medic bots listen for the "medic!" command)

-----------

the medigun glitch is not so important as I found a work around it, but the work around it sometimes causes the bots to alternate the attack button, so sometimes they don't fully hold in the attack button to heal a player

the flamethrower glitch is caused by the puppet bots regaining control of the bots, which causes the flamethrower animation not to show, but there is no affect on the flamethrower attack itself
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Mar 22 2012, 04:37 AM
Post #10

Admin

I've added a DLL and some files to sourceforge for any one to try them out, pbeta 0.6, changes on the top of this page

SHA1:

e2db15017219c4c891e78a258cb09dcf95806f7f

MD5:

f650fccf8a0f2f2bed833d0f574b2d47

Download URL:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/rcbot2/fil...ta.zip/download
+Quote Post
Fillmore
post Mar 22 2012, 12:37 PM
Post #11

RCBot Guru

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Mar 22 2012, 04:09 AM) *

It mainly allows the engi to focus on building first or roaming first, with it you can make engineers more defensive or offensive, by for example, making them more inclined to make a teleporter exit before making a sentry, or making a level one sentry before making a teleporter.

here's an example of the file

CODE

//    SCOUT        SNIPER        SOLDIER        DEMOMAN        MEDIC        HWGUY        PYRO        SPY        ENGINEER    
//    min    max    min    max    min    max    min    max    min    max    min    max    min    max    min    max    min    max
BOT_UTIL_BUILDSENTRY    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0
BOT_UTIL_BUILDDISP    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0
BOT_UTIL_BUILDTELENT    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0.1    0.2
BOT_UTIL_BUILDTELEXT    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0.2
BOT_UTIL_UPGSENTRY    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0
BOT_UTIL_UPGDISP    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0
BOT_UTIL_UPGTELENT    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0.1    0.2
BOT_UTIL_UPGTELEXT    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0
BOT_UTIL_UPGTMSENTRY    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0
BOT_UTIL_UPGTMDISP    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0
BOT_UTIL_UPGTMTELENT    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0
BOT_UTIL_UPGTMTELEXT    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0
BOT_UTIL_GOTODISP    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0.1    0.2    0    0    0    0    0    0

(each line beginning with // is ignored)

with this one , it is a bit difficlut to see , but this is the attack utility, the engineer is just a tiny bit more inclined to build both teleporters and upgrade them than build a sentry and maintain it. These values will be added to the current feeling of the bot from a random value between the min and max,

This file also shows that Heavys are more likely to use a dispenser to heal

---------

At the moments bots just use "medic!" , "thanks!" and "spy!"

I'm thinking of ways to add others, such as "Go go go". I'd like to add a behaviour to the bots where they wait for teammates to rush together and then when they are ready they shout "Go go go!"

Maybe you can give me some ideas when to use the voice commands and what bots should do if they hear a voice command. (at the moment medic bots listen for the "medic!" command)

-----------

the medigun glitch is not so important as I found a work around it, but the work around it sometimes causes the bots to alternate the attack button, so sometimes they don't fully hold in the attack button to heal a player

the flamethrower glitch is caused by the puppet bots regaining control of the bots, which causes the flamethrower animation not to show, but there is no affect on the flamethrower attack itself

Well, I've got a few ideas on the voice commands.

"Go! Go! Go!" = Pretty much how you already put it.
"Sentry ahead!" = Pretty self-explanatory. Bots retreat from sentries, if other bots go past him during this, the first bot will yell "Sentry ahead!".
"Thanks!/ Nice shot!" = Upgrade bot's buildings, Heal a bot, when a sniper shoots a Medic or other high-priority target, someone should give him a pat on the back.
"Activate charge!" = Self-explanatory.

Oh yeah, and Medics don't Uber anyone at the moment.
+Quote Post
q23
post Mar 23 2012, 12:38 PM
Post #12

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,176

Hi,

sorry for posting this here but what files do I need to install rcbot2 on linux for tf2 ?
I would like to test the bots and play against them online.

so far i found these here:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/rcbot2/files/rcbot2/

https://rcbot2.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/rcbot2/
+Quote Post
Fillmore
post Mar 23 2012, 03:40 PM
Post #13

RCBot Guru

QUOTE(q23 @ Mar 23 2012, 12:38 PM) *

Hi,

sorry for posting this here but what files do I need to install rcbot2 on linux for tf2 ?
I would like to test the bots and play against them online.

so far i found these here:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/rcbot2/files/rcbot2/

https://rcbot2.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/rcbot2/

At the moment, you need to compile RCbot2 on linux.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:39 PM