> How do I Install?, Easiest way?
DreadedGhoul575
post Aug 20 2015, 05:09 PM
Post #1

RCBot Fan

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,404

Hello,
I want to download this mod, but I ain't sure on how to install it; the installation is only for half-life and day of defeat: source.

Does anyone know how to install it? (Just hope it's easy lol)
Thanks,
P.S What do these bots feature?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Aug 21 2015, 12:18 AM
Post #2

RCBot Guru

Group: Waypointers
Member No.: 2,162

Well the easiest way is to use the installer and launcher smile.gif . The latest version with the installer is 0.96. Get it from the first post here: http://rcbot.bots-united.com/
See the changelogs for features...

Unzip it to a temp folder and run the installer, it will place a launcher shortcut on your desktop. The installer will try to locate your steam folder, be sure it is correct. The launcher needs a couple things set and saved (save config button), like adding bots on first tab will add bots for you (i.e. minimum 1 and maximum 15), don't worry about customizing bot settings until you have them working. You need to select the mod and check add bots automatically each time you launch and exit with the launcher.

That's probably all dod:s & hl2:dm needs to get it working with the launcher. TF2 needs a bit more... Go to the general tab under Hooking Method and set the TF2 offset to 418. I have Hook Once checked, toggle it the other way if you have any intermittent crashes. There are also 3 more offsets for TF2 now, because of steam updates to TF2. I don't think the installer adds them, so you will need to add them to the extras tab (& save it) or directly to the config.ini for rcbot2. See this topic about the TF2 offsets:

http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1914

Currently, the launcher is not compatible with the RCbot2 metamod:source version for TF2. There is a topic for that, but i'd suggest get this working first, then convert over to that only if you want those features... I don't have TF2, so can't really help with that... Metamod:s version is manual install, not as easy, and beta....

For metamod:s versions see this:

http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1943

And this:

http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1967
+Quote Post
DreadedGhoul575
post Aug 25 2015, 06:33 PM
Post #3

RCBot Fan

QUOTE(madmax2 @ Aug 21 2015, 01:18 AM) *

Well the easiest way is to use the installer and launcher smile.gif . The latest version with the installer is 0.96. Get it from the first post here: http://rcbot.bots-united.com/
See the changelogs for features...

Unzip it to a temp folder and run the installer, it will place a launcher shortcut on your desktop. The installer will try to locate your steam folder, be sure it is correct. The launcher needs a couple things set and saved (save config button), like adding bots on first tab will add bots for you (i.e. minimum 1 and maximum 15), don't worry about customizing bot settings until you have them working. You need to select the mod and check add bots automatically each time you launch and exit with the launcher.

That's probably all dod:s & hl2:dm needs to get it working with the launcher. TF2 needs a bit more... Go to the general tab under Hooking Method and set the TF2 offset to 418. I have Hook Once checked, toggle it the other way if you have any intermittent crashes. There are also 3 more offsets for TF2 now, because of steam updates to TF2. I don't think the installer adds them, so you will need to add them to the extras tab (& save it) or directly to the config.ini for rcbot2. See this topic about the TF2 offsets:

http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1914

Currently, the launcher is not compatible with the RCbot2 metamod:source version for TF2. There is a topic for that, but i'd suggest get this working first, then convert over to that only if you want those features... I don't have TF2, so can't really help with that... Metamod:s version is manual install, not as easy, and beta....

For metamod:s versions see this:

And this:

Does this work offline? Without sourcemod, metamod and stuff? Someone told me on steam that I have to buy a server for this and I thought that's a bit much tbh.
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Aug 26 2015, 01:27 AM
Post #4

RCBot Guru

Yes, it works offline, the installer is for a listen server (single player play on the same PC it is installed on). If you have a LAN, your family members can join & play too. You don't need metamod:s or sourcemod if you use 0.96 or older. You don't need a dedicated or rented server either... Use the installer from http://rcbot.bots-united.com/... The installer supports TF2, HL2:dm and DOD:s... Sorry for the confusion, and have fun... smile.gif
+Quote Post
DreadedGhoul575
post Aug 26 2015, 07:39 AM
Post #5

RCBot Fan

QUOTE(madmax2 @ Aug 26 2015, 02:27 AM) *

Yes, it works offline, the installer is for a listen server (single player play on the same PC it is installed on). If you have a LAN, your family members can join & play too. You don't need metamod:s or sourcemod if you use 0.96 or older. You don't need a dedicated or rented server either... Use the installer from http://rcbot.bots-united.com/... The installer supports TF2, HL2:dm and DOD:s... Sorry for the confusion, and have fun... smile.gif

Thanks smile.gif and one more thing, does this work with training? Training, dustbowl bots, do I have to do it through console, or do I have to create a server on dustbowl?
+Quote Post
DreadedGhoul575
post Aug 26 2015, 08:04 AM
Post #6

RCBot Fan

I did everything, and went onto offline practice and added no tf2 bots (originals), but in the console, it said about visibility percentage and once it had finished, no bots joined dry.gif

And also, I typed add rcbot and that didn't work, then I typed rcbot config min_bots 16 and the bots joined, but didn't move (also they didn't work on mvm_rottenburg like on the video)
+Quote Post
Ilhom
post Aug 26 2015, 04:40 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 2,375

QUOTE(DreadedGhoul575 @ Aug 26 2015, 08:04 AM) *

I did everything, and went onto offline practice and added no tf2 bots (originals), but in the console, it said about visibility percentage and once it had finished, no bots joined dry.gif
And also, I typed add rcbot and that didn't work, then I typed rcbot config min_bots 16 and the bots joined, but didn't move (also they didn't work on mvm_rottenburg like on the video)

Obviously waypoints are missing. After spawning 2 messages should appear: one saying "Welcome to RCBot by Cheeseh" and the other one saying "Waypoint by <waypoint author> (edited by <waypoint editor>)". If waypoints are missing, the last message should instead say "No waypoint found" or something similar (I don't remember exactly what it should say because my game crashes immediately after choosing the map, so I can't check what it says). If you use the standard directory waypoints should be located in C:\Users\<username>\rcbot2\waypoints\team fortress 2\ on Windows. And I believe the runplayer_cmd_tf2 being set incorrectly may cause this too.

P.S. "rcbot addbot", not "add rcbot".
+Quote Post
DreadedGhoul575
post Aug 26 2015, 05:32 PM
Post #8

RCBot Fan

QUOTE(Ilhom @ Aug 26 2015, 05:40 PM) *

Obviously waypoints are missing. After spawning 2 messages should appear: one saying "Welcome to RCBot by Cheeseh" and the other one saying "Waypoint by <waypoint author> (edited by <waypoint editor>)". If waypoints are missing, the last message should instead say "No waypoint found" or something similar (I don't remember exactly what it should say because my game crashes immediately after choosing the map, so I can't check what it says). If you use the standard directory waypoints should be located in C:\Users\<username>\rcbot2\waypoints\team fortress 2\ on Windows. And I believe the runplayer_cmd_tf2 being set incorrectly may cause this too.

P.S. "rcbot addbot", not "add rcbot".

It works fully now. One more thing, how do you make them all go onto one team? E.g. 22 rcbots on blue team vs 22 tf2 bots on red team.
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Aug 26 2015, 08:33 PM
Post #9

RCBot Guru

From the readme...

Usage:

rcbot addbot <class> <team> <name>

Team Fortress 2
-----------
Class numbers

1 = scout

2 = sniper

3 = soldier

4 = demoman

5 = medic ( Bugs )

6 = hwguy

7 = pyro ( Bugs )

8 = Spy

9 = Engineer

Team Numbers:
2 = red

3 = blue

DOD:Source
-----------
Class numbers

0 = Rifleman

1 = Support

2 = Assault

3 = Sniper

4 = Machine Gunner

5 = Rocket

Team Numbers:
2 = Allies

3 = Axis

Add to the rcbot2 config.ini or can add and save in the launcher extras tab...

example will add demoman to blue team on TF2 or machine gunner to axis on dod:s
rcbot addbot 4 3

This is alternate method of adding bots, don't use min/max bots at the same time if you want balanced teams, it can get confused, unbalanced... You can balance the teams and classes with rcbot addbot. You will need to adjust the number of bots added to the number of players joining your game if you want perfect balance.
+Quote Post
DreadedGhoul575
post Aug 26 2015, 08:49 PM
Post #10

RCBot Fan

QUOTE(madmax2 @ Aug 26 2015, 09:33 PM) *

From the readme...

Usage:

rcbot addbot <class> <team> <name>

Team Fortress 2
-----------
Class numbers

1 = scout

2 = sniper

3 = soldier

4 = demoman

5 = medic ( Bugs )

6 = hwguy

7 = pyro ( Bugs )

8 = Spy

9 = Engineer

Team Numbers:
2 = red

3 = blue

DOD:Source
-----------
Class numbers

0 = Rifleman

1 = Support

2 = Assault

3 = Sniper

4 = Machine Gunner

5 = Rocket
Team Numbers:
2 = Allies

3 = Axis

Add to the rcbot2 config.ini or can add and save in the launcher extras tab...

example will add demoman to blue team on TF2 or machine gunner to axis on dod:s
rcbot addbot 4 3

This is alternate method of adding bots, don't use min/max bots at the same time if you want balanced teams, it can get confused, unbalanced... You can balance the teams and classes with rcbot addbot. You will need to adjust the number of bots added to the number of players joining your game if you want perfect balance.

That's a bit confusing. I figured it out myself just; I created a server, "sv_cheats 1, mp_autoteambalance 0, mp_scrambleteams 0, mp_teams_unbalance_limit 0" then I made the tf2 bots expert difficulty 'tf_bot_difficulty 3' and then I typed tf_bot_add 11 blue, then rcbot addbot 11 times, so I got 11 tfbots vs 11 rcbots and I could type mp_switchteams to make them switch. cool.gif
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Aug 26 2015, 11:01 PM
Post #11

RCBot Guru

I don't know how stable it will be mixing tfbots & rcbots? But I don't have tf2, so there is some things I don't know about it... Thats cool if it's stable smile.gif ... Just to add rcbots, do something like this at end of the rcbot2 config.ini:

rcbot addbot 0 2
rcbot addbot 0 3
rcbot addbot 1 2
rcbot addbot 1 3
rcbot addbot 2 2
rcbot addbot 2 3
rcbot addbot 3 2
rcbot addbot 3 3
rcbot addbot 4 2
rcbot addbot 4 3
rcbot addbot 5 2
rcbot addbot 5 3

and so on....

then you don't have to type addbot multiple times.

Or create a cfg file in the tf2 cfg folder with the rcbot addbot commands, then just exec that cfg file from the console to add multiple rcbots at once. (exec rcbotadd.cfg). Optionally, you could set up more than one cfg with different mixes of bot classes (rcbotadd1.cfg, rcbotadd2.cfg, rcbotadd3.cfg ...). then exec the one you want to use for that round... You probably can add the TF_bots and commands to the same cfg file too?

Let us know how the TF_bots vs RCbots turns out, thats cool... Not sure if anyone has posted on that or not. Who wins and such things? smile.gif
+Quote Post
DreadedGhoul575
post Aug 27 2015, 08:49 AM
Post #12

RCBot Fan

QUOTE(madmax2 @ Aug 27 2015, 12:01 AM) *

I don't know how stable it will be mixing tfbots & rcbots? But I don't have tf2, so there is some things I don't know about it... Thats cool if it's stable smile.gif ... Just to add rcbots, do something like this at end of the rcbot2 config.ini:

rcbot addbot 0 2
rcbot addbot 0 3
rcbot addbot 1 2
rcbot addbot 1 3
rcbot addbot 2 2
rcbot addbot 2 3
rcbot addbot 3 2
rcbot addbot 3 3
rcbot addbot 4 2
rcbot addbot 4 3
rcbot addbot 5 2
rcbot addbot 5 3

and so on....

then you don't have to type addbot multiple times.

Or create a cfg file in the tf2 cfg folder with the rcbot addbot commands, then just exec that cfg file from the console to add multiple rcbots at once. (exec rcbotadd.cfg). Optionally, you could set up more than one cfg with different mixes of bot classes (rcbotadd1.cfg, rcbotadd2.cfg, rcbotadd3.cfg ...). then exec the one you want to use for that round... You probably can add the TF_bots and commands to the same cfg file too?

Let us know how the TF_bots vs RCbots turns out, thats cool... Not sure if anyone has posted on that or not. Who wins and such things? smile.gif

My method worked fully and seems to be the easiest, and also rcbot_supermode 1 is cool as well; proper funny watching the bots taunt and stuff before start-up (makes them look like humans) laugh.gif

Appreciate the help overall. wink.gif
+Quote Post
DreadedGhoul575
post Aug 27 2015, 10:30 AM
Post #13

RCBot Fan

I forgot to mention, how do I delete a rcbot profile permanently? I created one and I wanna remove it, so I clicked remove, but it appeared again after and also in-game. unsure.gif
Edit: Never mind, I figured out; users, rcbot2, profiles and 33.ini
+Quote Post
genmac
post Aug 28 2015, 01:50 AM
Post #14

RCBot Guru

Member No.: 2,098

When playing CTF maps I prefer using a mix of tf2 bots and rcbots. Tf bots seems have better AI for defending the flag carrier but can't do rocket jumps and the tf bot engineer has no AI at all so that's where Rcbots do it parts the stock bots can't do.

Here's the config I use to spawn the specific bots I need and certain commands in an instant....you can try copy it and save it as ctf_bots.cfg and simply put it on your CFG folder and execute it via console using the command.....exec ctf_bots
----------------------------------------------------
tf_bot_keep_class_after_death 1
rcbot_change_classes 0

rcbot addbot 9 2 // engr
rcbot addbot 1 2 // scout
rcbot addbot 3 2 // soldier
tf_bot_add 1 pyro red expert
tf_bot_add 1 sniper red expert
tf_bot_add 1 spy red expert
tf_bot_add 1 heavyweapons red expert
tf_bot_add 1 demoman red expert
tf_bot_add 1 medic red expert

rcbot addbot 9 3 // engr
rcbot addbot 1 3 // scout
rcbot addbot 3 3 // soldier
tf_bot_add 1 pyro blue expert
tf_bot_add 1 sniper blue expert
tf_bot_add 1 spy blue expert
tf_bot_add 1 heavyweapons blue expert
tf_bot_add 1 demoman blue expert
tf_bot_add 1 medic blue expert

//Team Fortress 2
//Class numbers
//1 = scout
//2 = sniper
//3 = soldier
//4 = demoman
//5 = medic ( Bugs )
//6 = hwguy
//7 = pyro ( Bugs )
//8 = Spy
//9 = Engineer

//Team Numbers:
//2 = red
//3 = blue

----------------------------------------------------------------------
+Quote Post
DreadedGhoul575
post Sep 12 2015, 10:44 AM
Post #15

RCBot Fan

QUOTE(genmac @ Aug 28 2015, 02:50 AM) *

When playing CTF maps I prefer using a mix of tf2 bots and rcbots. Tf bots seems have better AI for defending the flag carrier but can't do rocket jumps and the tf bot engineer has no AI at all so that's where Rcbots do it parts the stock bots can't do.

Here's the config I use to spawn the specific bots I need and certain commands in an instant....you can try copy it and save it as ctf_bots.cfg and simply put it on your CFG folder and execute it via console using the command.....exec ctf_bots
----------------------------------------------------
rcbot_change_classes 0

rcbot addbot 9 2 // engr
rcbot addbot 1 2 // scout
rcbot addbot 3 2 // soldier
tf_bot_add 1 pyro red expert
tf_bot_add 1 sniper red expert
tf_bot_add 1 spy red expert
tf_bot_add 1 heavyweapons red expert
tf_bot_add 1 demoman red expert
tf_bot_add 1 medic red expert
rcbot addbot 9 3 // engr
rcbot addbot 1 3 // scout
rcbot addbot 3 3 // soldier
tf_bot_add 1 pyro blue expert
tf_bot_add 1 sniper blue expert
tf_bot_add 1 spy blue expert
tf_bot_add 1 heavyweapons blue expert
tf_bot_add 1 demoman blue expert
tf_bot_add 1 medic blue expert

//Team Fortress 2
//Class numbers
//1 = scout
//2 = sniper
//3 = soldier
//4 = demoman
//5 = medic ( Bugs )
//6 = hwguy
//7 = pyro ( Bugs )
//8 = Spy
//9 = Engineer

//Team Numbers:
//2 = red
//3 = blue

----------------------------------------------------------------------

It's stopped working for some reason; unable to add the bots.
+Quote Post
genmac
post Sep 12 2015, 12:56 PM
Post #16

RCBot Guru

Member No.: 2,098

You mean rcbots? well valve probably updated tf2 again breaking things as usual.

check if the rcbot dll is even loaded. if yes go to your config.ini and edit this line ..
rcbot_runplayer_cmd_tf2 418
to
rcbot_runplayer_cmd_tf2 419
+Quote Post
DreadedGhoul575
post Sep 19 2015, 06:48 PM
Post #17

RCBot Fan

QUOTE(genmac @ Sep 12 2015, 01:56 PM) *

You mean rcbots? well valve probably updated tf2 again breaking things as usual.

check if the rcbot dll is even loaded. if yes go to your config.ini and edit this line ..
rcbot_runplayer_cmd_tf2 418
to
rcbot_runplayer_cmd_tf2 419

How do I check? Cheers.
+Quote Post
Nightc0re
post Sep 19 2015, 08:11 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 2,397

QUOTE(DreadedGhoul575 @ Sep 19 2015, 08:48 PM) *
How do I check? Cheers.

If you are using metamod, type "meta list".
If you are using the native plugin, type "plugin_print".
+Quote Post
DreadedGhoul575
post Sep 20 2015, 09:12 AM
Post #19

RCBot Fan

QUOTE(Nightc0re @ Sep 19 2015, 09:11 PM) *

If you are using metamod, type "meta list".
If you are using the native plugin, type "plugin_print".

I ain't using metamod and I ain't using any plugins; I tried them both and the metmod command was unknown and the plugin one just had two straight lines.
+Quote Post
Nightc0re
post Sep 20 2015, 10:16 AM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 2,397

QUOTE(DreadedGhoul575 @ Sep 20 2015, 11:12 AM) *
I ain't using metamod and I ain't using any plugins; I tried them both and the metmod command was unknown and the plugin one just had two straight lines.

The native plugins are not working at the moment, so you have to use the latest metamod plugins for RCBot2.
Cheeseh is currently only updating the metamod version of the RCBot2.

Download the latest version 1.11.0-git992 from the snapshots.
https://www.metamodsource.net/snapshots

And install the rcbot metamod plugin from here:
or here
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:41 PM