IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Waypoint directories for source dedicated server ?
Radioman
post May 8 2007, 01:30 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,120

Hi all,

As title..
The bots are AWESOME. I have sorted the problems with Mani (add max bot and min bot to svr.cfg) and found the /rcbot2 folder goes in the top level c: directory.

But as in the title, I run a source dedicated server (use rcbotd command) and I have modified overwatch a bit by removing weapons and adding others - but if I change the waypoint file name (and the name IN the file) the bots still don't move.

They move great in the standard overwatch and lockdown I have installed, they obviously just camp at spawnpoints on the other maps (feudal, spookface etc) I run that I have not waypointed.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

IF I have to waypoint the maps myself, where do the files for SDServer go please?

BTW, if you have stationary bots I find:

a) give them a single shot kill weapon (hiding behind a doorway and you run in and BANG
cool.gif the more bots the merrier - especialy on larger maps. It is hilarious to watch bots fighting themselves..

Thanks for this great addon..
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
MarD
post May 14 2007, 12:15 AM
Post #2

RCBot Fan

Group: Waypointers
Member No.: 419

Heyyo,

QUOTE(Radioman @ May 8 2007, 05:30 AM) *

Hi all,

As title..
The bots are AWESOME. I have sorted the problems with Mani (add max bot and min bot to svr.cfg) and found the /rcbot2 folder goes in the top level c: directory.

But as in the title, I run a source dedicated server (use rcbotd command) and I have modified overwatch a bit by removing weapons and adding others - but if I change the waypoint file name (and the name IN the file) the bots still don't move.

They move great in the standard overwatch and lockdown I have installed, they obviously just camp at spawnpoints on the other maps (feudal, spookface etc) I run that I have not waypointed.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

IF I have to waypoint the maps myself, where do the files for SDServer go please?

BTW, if you have stationary bots I find:

a) give them a single shot kill weapon (hiding behind a doorway and you run in and BANG
cool.gif the more bots the merrier - especialy on larger maps. It is hilarious to watch bots fighting themselves..

Thanks for this great addon..

For waypoints, check my pack. Revision 1.0 was included in one of the lastest RCBot releases, but I just revamped them now (Revision 2.0)

http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1023

For RCBot2 dedicated server hl2dm waypoint folder location?

rcbot2\waypoints\source dedicated server\hl2mp

If you find any serious probs with the waypoints please report them so I can check it out! biggrin.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:12 AM