IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> little Summary of RCBOTS2 for dedicated DODS Server & Gungame!
darkranger
post Mar 14 2013, 07:54 AM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,254

It looks like the new DODS Steampipe update will break every bots plugin.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Mar 14 2013, 09:26 AM
Post #22

Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(darkranger @ Mar 14 2013, 08:54 AM) *

It looks like the new DODS Steampipe update will break every bots plugin.

should be ok as long as they don't change the plugin system. they did this to hl1 and svencoop seems fine
+Quote Post
darkranger
post Mar 14 2013, 10:01 AM
Post #23

Advanced Member

i always got the message cannot open interface VFileSystem" IFileSystem filessystem (max. ver: 20) Min ver: (1)
IPB Image
the folders in the new system have changed a little bit. there is no orangebox folder now. only a folder DOD.
so i didnt know how should i change the bots.ini file to the right folder.

Folders are now:

BIN
DOD
HL2
PLATFORM
RCBOTS2

my bots ini:
CODE
mod = DOD
steamdir = dod
gamedir = dod
bot = DOD

i think gamedir "dod" is not right. cos on the old system i must write orangebox.
i tried to let gamedir empty. but didnt help.
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Mar 14 2013, 12:15 PM
Post #24

Admin

QUOTE(darkranger @ Mar 14 2013, 11:01 AM) *

i always got the message cannot open interface VFileSystem" IFileSystem filessystem (max. ver: 20) Min ver: (1)
IPB Image
the folders in the new system have changed a little bit. there is no orangebox folder now. only a folder DOD.
so i didnt know how should i change the bots.ini file to the right folder.

Folders are now:

BIN
DOD
HL2
PLATFORM
RCBOTS2

my bots ini:
CODE
mod = DOD
steamdir = dod
gamedir = dod
bot = DOD

i think gamedir "dod" is not right. cos on the old system i must write orangebox.
i tried to let gamedir empty. but didnt help.

there will be an updated filesystem, that i need to change
+Quote Post
darkranger
post Mar 14 2013, 12:19 PM
Post #25

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Mar 14 2013, 01:15 PM) *

ok. that was my 1st thought smile.gif
the new filesystem(steampipe) from valve should be activ in a few weeks. the same comes for TF2 and CSS later.
+Quote Post
My Time
post Mar 30 2013, 03:04 PM
Post #26

Member No.: 2,256

QUOTE(darkranger @ Mar 14 2013, 12:19 PM) *

ok. that was my 1st thought smile.gif
the new filesystem(steampipe) from valve should be activ in a few weeks. the same comes for TF2 and CSS later.

Am I missing something here ? Has this been patched or has someone figured out a way to move the install stuff around to make the bots work again ?
+Quote Post
darkranger
post Mar 30 2013, 04:49 PM
Post #27

Advanced Member

cheeseh had written 3 posts before:

CODE

so we have to wait for an update..

+Quote Post
madmax2
post Mar 30 2013, 05:08 PM
Post #28

RCBot Guru

Group: Waypointers
Member No.: 2,162

Am I missing something here ? Has this been patched or has someone figured out a way to move the install stuff around to make the bots work again ?

ERRRRRR..... STEAM.... YUK mad.gif ... Its not just you... steampipe borked rcbot here too. I'm getting same errors as darkranger's post... Tried moving things around & using the custom folder too, but its still a no go. I think it broke the installer too? Looks like we may need a hotfix or new procedure from Cheeseh... Guess I'm back to rcbot1 games for a short while.. smile.gif

Yeah, what darkranger said... wink.gif

[edit]
Steampipe FAQ

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article...=7388-QPFN-2491

I've read thru that 3 or 4 times and I'm still a bit confused on just where to put things. Seems to be more complicated than before... The priorities of vpk's loading first & custom folder and download folder last, I think?
[edit]

[edit]
This looks to be useful info about the new file locations...
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/show...d.php?t=3093197

Got it from this discussion thread here...
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/show...d.php?t=3100580

[edit]
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Apr 1 2013, 05:04 AM
Post #29

Admin

QUOTE(madmax2 @ Mar 30 2013, 06:08 PM) *

ERRRRRR..... STEAM.... YUK mad.gif ... Its not just you... steampipe borked rcbot here too. I'm getting same errors as darkranger's post... Tried moving things around & using the custom folder too, but its still a no go. I think it broke the installer too? Looks like we may need a hotfix or new procedure from Cheeseh... Guess I'm back to rcbot1 games for a short while.. smile.gif

Yeah, what darkranger said... wink.gif

[edit]
Steampipe FAQ

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article...=7388-QPFN-2491

I've read thru that 3 or 4 times and I'm still a bit confused on just where to put things. Seems to be more complicated than before... The priorities of vpk's loading first & custom folder and download folder last, I think?
[edit]

[edit]
This looks to be useful info about the new file locations...
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/show...d.php?t=3093197

Got it from this discussion thread here...
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/show...d.php?t=3100580

[edit]

I've already updated the source but will have to update the files myself to test it and then update the installer too before releasing, problem is the time I have right now ...sad.gif
+Quote Post
genmac
post Apr 1 2013, 12:10 PM
Post #30

RCBot Guru

Member No.: 2,098

OMG! I thought they've cancelled and rolled back that pesky new file format and changes called steampipe?

well mine is still working but bec. I keep dods and other source games totally stagnant.

So Cheeseh plz save the updated files that still work on the last version of dods before it turned to steampipe
coz that can be still useful for people with non steampipe version.
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Apr 2 2013, 07:33 PM
Post #31

RCBot Guru

well mine is still working but bec. I keep dods and other source games totally stagnant.

Since I'm on dialup most of the time, I try to do that too. I'm sure I had autoupdate disabled on dods, but for some reason while I was doing the client update, it started too! I paused it, but there was no way to roll it back. The client update wasn't installing properly either, on dialup. So, had to do it all on broadband. In the end I ended up with a new install of steampipe dods, seems I'm stuck with it now...? sad.gif

I thought valve was pushing steampipe onto all dods installs, as per thier announcement last friday? Also, every couple weeks I can't get into off-line mode without connecting to steam & updating the client?

So, how do you keep your source games totally stagnant? Any tips? PM me if you prefer... wink.gif
+Quote Post
genmac
post Apr 3 2013, 03:50 AM
Post #32

RCBot Guru

@madmax2...To stop steam from updating totally fist I turn off my internet totally
and then run it using nonet just to be totally sure since I turn on the internet once steam is running in offline mode.
http://www.r1ch.net/stuff/nonet/
Sometimes this works sometimes it does not, now there is we're you need to pm me
if you wanna run dods forever totally independent from steam pesky updates of doom
and get the rolled back files.

The forum has rules you know so I can't tell you here publicly how to run "non steampipe dods" running rcbot2 perfectly, so just pm me and anyone else interested. Sigh, you gotta love steam and all it's annoyance.
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Apr 4 2013, 06:17 AM
Post #33

Admin

QUOTE(genmac @ Apr 3 2013, 04:50 AM) *

@madmax2...To stop steam from updating totally fist I turn off my internet totally
and then run it using nonet just to be totally sure since I turn on the internet once steam is running in offline mode.
http://www.r1ch.net/stuff/nonet/
Sometimes this works sometimes it does not, now there is we're you need to pm me
if you wanna run dods forever totally independent from steam pesky updates of doom
and get the rolled back files.

The forum has rules you know so I can't tell you here publicly how to run "non steampipe dods" running rcbot2 perfectly, so just pm me and anyone else interested. Sigh, you gotta love steam and all it's annoyance.

I think I'll just move the rcbot2 directory to the user's home directory. How would everyone feel about that? As I'd rather only have one copy of rcbot2 files across the board.
+Quote Post
genmac
post Apr 4 2013, 07:38 AM
Post #34

RCBot Guru

@Cheeseh...if I understood your post correctly, Well for me I like rcbot2 having separate profiles for each games it support since I use different profiles settings for hl2dm and dods so making a copy of rcbot2 within each game it support would be nice, don't know about the others though.

btw will you still release rcbot2 later updates before these games got steampiped coz I still haven't updated hl2dm and dods just to keep rcbot2 0.71 working since I hardly play online anyway?
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Apr 4 2013, 08:53 AM
Post #35

Admin

QUOTE(genmac @ Apr 4 2013, 08:38 AM) *

@Cheeseh...if I understood your post correctly, Well for me I like rcbot2 having separate profiles for each games it support since I use different profiles settings for hl2dm and dods so making a copy of rcbot2 within each game it support would be nice, don't know about the others though.

btw will you still release rcbot2 later updates before these games got steampiped coz I still haven't updated hl2dm and dods just to keep rcbot2 0.71 working since I hardly play online anyway?

the new code shouldn't have any effect on the file system as long as rcbot2 folder is stored one level above the mod. But the installer just needs updating.

At the moment the biggest problem is crashing in the runplayer hook, there has been a change somewhere, and I don't know what it is

edit : its going to be a while before I can update....

the tier1.lib found at http://hg.alliedmods.net/hl2sdks/hl2sdk-ob-valve/
CODE

tier1.lib(bitbuf.obj) : fatal error LNK1103: debugging information corrupt; recompile module

I can't seem to log into bugzilla to tell them https://bugs.alliedmods.net/

CODE
The username or password you entered is not valid.

brilliant.....
+Quote Post
genmac
post Apr 4 2013, 09:26 AM
Post #36

RCBot Guru

I see...so the new hpb_bot2.dll you just compiled should still work on our non steampiped version, right?

CODE
The username or password you entered is not valid.

brilliant.....

probably they have glitches on their member's accounts setting or whatever.
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Apr 4 2013, 10:14 AM
Post #37

Admin

QUOTE(genmac @ Apr 4 2013, 10:26 AM) *

I see...so the new hpb_bot2.dll you just compiled should still work on our non steampiped version, right?
probably they have glitches on their member's accounts setting or whatever.

well it depends on any big tier1 changes that the bots need, which I don't thinnk is much, by the wway i just compiled tier1 myself and its compiling now... rolleyes.gif
+Quote Post
genmac
post Apr 4 2013, 10:18 AM
Post #38

RCBot Guru

hehe sorry for my ignorance of very technical stuff but tier1 also means it will compile a new dll? hope you release it so we can test it out.
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Apr 4 2013, 11:44 AM
Post #39

Admin

QUOTE(genmac @ Apr 4 2013, 11:18 AM) *

hehe sorry for my ignorance of very technical stuff but tier1 also means it will compile a new dll? hope you release it so we can test it out.

well I've compiled a windows version it works fine with the latest Dod:S but the hook offset has move up to 417 , this is configurable in the rcbot_runplayer_cmd offset cvar

I would like however to move the rcbot folder into the users home directory as the installer will have numerous troubles. perhaps in a later update i'll add abilities to change the profiles based on the mod
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Apr 4 2013, 06:17 PM
Post #40

RCBot Guru

Cheeseh said:

I think I'll just move the rcbot2 directory to the user's home directory. How would everyone feel about that? As I'd rather only have one copy of rcbot2 files across the board.

Well, I didn't get to much time with rcbot2 before steampipe blew it up, but I'm ok with one rcbot2 folder. That makes sence to me, as rcbot1 is that way.

As for genmac's request, perhaps a folder for each game/mod in the profiles folder, kind a like the way you did the waypoints folder. Each profile folder would be identical for a default installation, but the ini's could be independently edited in each folder. Would something like that work?

Now I feel a bit silly asking this, cuz I can't seem to find a good definition and I get a lot of linux lingo when I do a google search, [edit] and i'm not exactly sure where rcbot2 folder was before[edit]. But I assume when you say the "users home directory" you mean one folder up from the game folder, which would be the common folder? Or do you mean the "users account" folder? Seems a bit foggy in here (brain) rolleyes.gif ....
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:28 AM