Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Possible Bugs or Observed Issues Topic
Poka
post Aug 5 2020, 10:20 AM
Post #81

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,314

Hey,

I've been messing around with the bots for some time now in the Half-Life campaign and noticed some bugs.

In hl_c03 the switch that opens the freezer door is a func_door_rotating so bots don't know how to open it but it can be fixed by adding that entity in CFindButtonTask.

In hl_c05_a2 the switches are normal rot_buttons but I think the bots are checking the frame value and it can be 1 even when the door is closed so bots are confused.

IPB Image

And in hl_c10 there's a shootable button behind the fence that disables the electricity and opens the door but the bots don't know how to deal with shootable buttons.

IPB Image

That's all for now tongue.gif
I'm also running a server with RCBots at 95.216.199.22:27015 if anyone is interested
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Aug 5 2020, 08:55 PM
Post #82

Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

thanks for the info.

I've added func_door_rotating to the list , will update soon.

The frame value is used to tell if the button has been pressed which is always the case. The reason bots are probably confused is that the waypoint next it it is probably an 'important' waypoint, which bots will simply find the nearest button and press it. Bots shouldn't need 'important' waypoints next to doors, they should be able to find them automatically. Automatically waypoints become 'important' waypoints next to buttons just top save time for novice waypointers, so its probably best to remove the important type and try.

The bots seem to have trouble identifying doors with multi_managers and buttons I'm still working on it, possibly continue tomorrow, getting late.
+Quote Post
Poka
post Aug 5 2020, 09:24 PM
Post #83

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Aug 5 2020, 11:55 PM) *

The frame value is used to tell if the button has been pressed which is always the case. The reason bots are probably confused is that the waypoint next it it is probably an 'important' waypoint, which bots will simply find the nearest button and press it. Bots shouldn't need 'important' waypoints next to doors, they should be able to find them automatically. Automatically waypoints become 'important' waypoints next to buttons just top save time for novice waypointers, so its probably best to remove the important type and try.

The problem is that theres two switches on that one door. The first one opens it and then they get in and the second switch closes it (and teleports them to a new area). When the bots die and come back to that door the switch is still on frame 1 even though the door is closed so they would need to use the switch again to open the door but they just try to run through the the door.

It's quite rare to have door opening system like that though so maybe it's not something to prioritize.
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Aug 9 2020, 09:50 PM
Post #84

RCBot Guru

Group: Waypointers
Member No.: 2,162

Hi Poka,
Nice, how far into the HL campaign are you? Are you attempting the whole campaign?

Hey Cheeseh,
I was going to report bots not shooting some enemies on sc_activist (barneys, otis, & swat), but I see you fixed that, nice work smile.gif . I think I tested that a month ago and the problem was there, it must of been a recent fix?
=================================
But on sc_activist2, bots don't attack zord. They need to use grenades to hurt him, bullets do nothing... (they don't shoot at him, either)

"Super-Mega Containment Zord" in red on hud
CODE
[RCBOT]25 : monster_gargantua frame=148.953857 distance = 80.819305 (x=-57.912491,y=-674.03125,z=-212.582733) visible=1,solid=3,angle.x = 0, angle.y = 180 active = 1

Also, The lift button wasn't working for either old metamod or new AS bots. The waypoints will need some rework there, because some are noclipped into the button, and I did a search and found the button wasn't exactly where I thought it was... Guess I should check the git rcwa's, not sure if there were some changes done?

Lift button is centered in lift shaft on right wall about half way up, its one large button for both top & bottom.
When lift is up frame=1 when down frame=0
CODE
[RCBOT]282 : func_button frame=1 distance = 24.779984 (x=-88,y=-767.5,z=-75) visible=1,solid=4,angle.x = 0, angle.y = 0 active = 1
[RCBOT]282 : func_button frame=0 distance = 24.779984 (x=-88,y=-767.5,z=-75) visible=1,solid=4,angle.x = 0, angle.y = 0 active = 1

So I might be able to script it, Though the size and position might be a problem?
=================================
I've been working on some fixes for crystal, but I got stuck on the HT on top of the box into the vent, for several hours, the other day... It's a very difficult HT and I have them towering under the opening to the vent, but I can't get the top bot to stand up (like the old metamod bots would do), then crouch jump into the vent. I've done a few fixes/tweaks before this point. So, for now, I will set up the HT for bots to crouch for the player, and test/fix the other parts of the waypoint, then upload it. I started work on this from the git rcwa. It might need a script, but I will see how well it works without one first...
+Quote Post
Poka
post Aug 10 2020, 09:54 AM
Post #85

duplicate post
+Quote Post
Poka
post Aug 10 2020, 10:32 AM
Post #86

QUOTE(madmax2 @ Aug 10 2020, 12:50 AM) *

Hi Poka,
Nice, how far into the HL campaign are you? Are you attempting the whole campaign?

I'm doing a bit here and there when I think the bots could potentially make through the whole map. Maybe eventually I'll have something for all the maps.

Also ran into a null pointer in hl_c11_a1 right when the door opens and the bots freeze. The problem seems to be with bots trying to use gauss.

CODE

Angelscript: Not allowed: in section 'c:/program files (x86)/steam/steamapps/common/sven co-op/svencoop/scripts/plugins/botmanager/botweapons.as', at (520, 21):Angelscript:  Function Angelscript: DoWeapons:
Angelscript: Message: Null pointer access
ERROR: Angelscript: CASBaseCallable::Call: Execution of function 'BotManager::Think' failed!
ERROR: Angelscript: CScheduler::Think: execution of function BotManager::Think failed!

+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Aug 10 2020, 07:44 PM
Post #87

Admin

QUOTE(madmax2 @ Aug 9 2020, 10:50 PM) *

Hey Cheeseh,
I was going to report bots not shooting some enemies on sc_activist (barneys, otis, & swat), but I see you fixed that, nice work smile.gif . I think I tested that a month ago and the problem was there, it must of been a recent fix?

I updated the IsEnemy func based on the svencoop classification for enemies which might have fixed it

QUOTE(madmax2 @ Aug 9 2020, 10:50 PM) *

But on sc_activist2, bots don't attack zord. They need to use grenades to hurt him, bullets do nothing... (they don't shoot at him, either)

Bots don't attack gargantuas unless they have an explosive weapon such as a grenade/rpg etc. But they won't use grenade unless they are in a good distance so they might not even use them at all. Still an improvement required. But if there is an rpg available perhaps best to make a script to make bots go there until the gargantua is killed.

Also, The lift button wasn't working for either old metamod or new AS bots. The waypoints will need some rework there, because some are noclipped into the button, and I did a search and found the button wasn't exactly where I thought it was... Guess I should check the git rcwa's, not sure if there were some changes done?

I'm going to update the bots such that they will ppress a button until the 'frame' changes instead of it turning '1', the point of that code was just to let bots know they were successful pressing the button so they can do something else - if frame changes then they will at least try to press the button until it changes (either on or off) which might fix the button issue.

lso ran into a null pointer in hl_c11_a1 right when the door opens and the bots freeze. The problem seems to be with bots trying to use gauss.

I'll put a null check in for the minigun code and add gauss gun to the weapon list
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Aug 11 2020, 12:28 AM
Post #88

RCBot Guru

I just looked at the git (8-10-20 build), some really good improvements smile.gif ... But bots shooting hornets has got to be one of the funniest things I've seen any bots do laugh.gif . It just gives your bots some comic personality wink.gif . I know it can cause some problems for the bots, but haven't seen anything to serious. Perhaps you could think about making that optional, a cvar to turn off hornet shooting? Just a thought, but no problem if you don't want to do that, I can live with the change wink.gif ... Thanks for all your hard work...
+Quote Post
Poka
post Aug 12 2020, 06:22 PM
Post #89

Came across a weird bug in hl_c11_a5. When a bot uses this func_rotating_door leading into the pipes it just rotates right through the bot and you get a null pointer error. blink.gif

EDIT: I think the problem is that the wheel attached to the door gets killtargeted when the door opens and the bot is still trying to use it

CODE

ERROR: Angelscript: CASBaseCallable::Call: Execution of function 'BotManager::Think' failed!
ERROR: Angelscript: CScheduler::Think: execution of function BotManager::Think failed!
Angelscript: Not allowed: in section 'c:/program files (x86)/steam/steamapps/common/sven co-op/svencoop/scripts/plugins/botmanager/utilfuncs.as', at (48, 2):Angelscript:  Function Angelscript: UTIL_EntityOrigin:
Angelscript: Message: Null pointer access

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Aug 13 2020, 09:10 PM
Post #90

Admin

I will try to have a look into it tomorrow
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Aug 14 2020, 07:22 PM
Post #91

Admin

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Aug 13 2020, 10:10 PM) *

I will try to have a look into it tomorrow

I Believe I've fixed it now
+Quote Post
Poka
post Aug 15 2020, 12:40 PM
Post #92

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Aug 14 2020, 10:22 PM) *

I Believe I've fixed it now

Yeah no more crashing. Good work smile.gif
+Quote Post
Poka
post Aug 18 2020, 07:12 AM
Post #93

I did some xen waypointing and here are some things I ran into:

1) Couldn't get the bots to longjump with the crouchjump waypoint

2) Bots like to shoot at tentacles. Not sure why it's commented out in IsEnemy() but adding it there seemed to work.

3) Bots don't shoot at Gargantua even though they have weapons like the rocket launcher and egon

4) Bots shoot at Nihilanth before destroying the crystals. Could fix maybe by having the bots check for the existence of n_recharge type targetnamed info_targets (https://twhl.info/wiki/page/monster_nihilanth) and having them ignore Nihilanth if they exist. Breaking the func_breakable crystals seems to killtarget them.
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Aug 18 2020, 03:40 PM
Post #94

Admin

Thanks. Will look into them
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Aug 18 2020, 06:49 PM
Post #95

RCBot Guru

1) Couldn't get the bots to longjump with the crouchjump waypoint

I tried to fix jumpers a while back, and I couldn't get the bots to make the long jumps with crouchjump wpt. They kept falling short. It is a different jump from normal, but they are not getting the distance the old rcbots were getting...

3) Bots don't shoot at Gargantua even though they have weapons like the rocket launcher and egon

Bots need to be able to grenade them, too. Some maps don't have those super weapons available.

[edit] For longjump in sc5, It's actually easier than it used to be, you can actually hold the crouch through the jump. I think with sc4.8, you had to release the crouch key just as you hit jump key. It looks like they are pressing the crouch key & jump key at the same time. It should be run, hold crouch key, then press jump key (don't release crouch until through the jump).
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Aug 19 2020, 07:03 AM
Post #96

Admin

QUOTE(madmax2 @ Aug 18 2020, 07:49 PM) *

I tried to fix jumpers a while back, and I couldn't get the bots to make the long jumps with crouchjump wpt. They kept falling short. It is a different jump from normal, but they are not getting the distance the old rcbots were getting...
Bots need to be able to grenade them, too. Some maps don't have those super weapons available.

[edit] For longjump in sc5, It's actually easier than it used to be, you can actually hold the crouch through the jump. I think with sc4.8, you had to release the crouch key just as you hit jump key. It looks like they are pressing the crouch key & jump key at the same time. It should be run, hold crouch key, then press jump key (don't release crouch until through the jump).

I had a look at the code and long jumps atent actually implemented. I addrd code last night but not tested, will do that tonight before updating

I might have removed the "explosive" property from the grenade weapon so bots don't use them randomly, i will check . Eventually will need to add proper grenade code
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Aug 19 2020, 09:05 PM
Post #97

Admin

I added some prelim longjump code u can try
+Quote Post
Poka
post Aug 20 2020, 08:21 AM
Post #98

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Aug 20 2020, 12:05 AM) *

I added some prelim longjump code u can try

Now they can do the longjump but there's still a problem with the direction where they do it laugh.gif The bots keep looking at random directions and when they perform the longjump they'll end up jumping in the direction they're facing which isn't very often the next waypoint.
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Aug 20 2020, 05:01 PM
Post #99

RCBot Guru

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Aug 19 2020, 12:03 AM) *

I had a look at the code and long jumps atent actually implemented. I addrd code last night but not tested, will do that tonight before updating

I might have removed the "explosive" property from the grenade weapon so bots don't use them randomly, i will check . Eventually will need to add proper grenade code

Thanks, I missed this yesterday... smile.gif I've been working on the crystal rcwa, and a script for that map...

Now they can do the longjump but there's still a problem with the direction where they do it [X]laugh.gif The bots keep looking at random directions and when they perform the longjump they'll end up jumping in the direction they're facing which isn't very often the next waypoint.

laugh.gif , perhaps a wait to a crouchjump helps??? I need to see this... biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Aug 20 2020, 06:10 PM
Post #100

Admin

QUOTE(Poka @ Aug 20 2020, 09:21 AM) *

Now they can do the longjump but there's still a problem with the direction where they do it laugh.gif The bots keep looking at random directions and when they perform the longjump they'll end up jumping in the direction they're facing which isn't very often the next waypoint.

I will add that in. tongue.gif
+Quote Post

6 Pages V « < 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:23 PM