Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Possible Bugs or Observed Issues Topic
Poka
post Today, 10:20 AM
Post #81

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,314

Hey,

I've been messing around with the bots for some time now in the Half-Life campaign and noticed some bugs.

In hl_c03 the switch that opens the freezer door is a func_door_rotating so bots don't know how to open it but it can be fixed by adding that entity in CFindButtonTask.

In hl_c05_a2 the switches are normal rot_buttons but I think the bots are checking the frame value and it can be 1 even when the door is closed so bots are confused.

IPB Image

And in hl_c10 there's a shootable button behind the fence that disables the electricity and opens the door but the bots don't know how to deal with shootable buttons.

IPB Image

That's all for now tongue.gif
I'm also running a server with RCBots at 95.216.199.22:27015 if anyone is interested
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Today, 08:55 PM
Post #82

Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

thanks for the info.

I've added func_door_rotating to the list , will update soon.

The frame value is used to tell if the button has been pressed which is always the case. The reason bots are probably confused is that the waypoint next it it is probably an 'important' waypoint, which bots will simply find the nearest button and press it. Bots shouldn't need 'important' waypoints next to doors, they should be able to find them automatically. Automatically waypoints become 'important' waypoints next to buttons just top save time for novice waypointers, so its probably best to remove the important type and try.

The bots seem to have trouble identifying doors with multi_managers and buttons I'm still working on it, possibly continue tomorrow, getting late.
+Quote Post
Poka
post Today, 09:24 PM
Post #83

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,314

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Aug 5 2020, 11:55 PM) *

The frame value is used to tell if the button has been pressed which is always the case. The reason bots are probably confused is that the waypoint next it it is probably an 'important' waypoint, which bots will simply find the nearest button and press it. Bots shouldn't need 'important' waypoints next to doors, they should be able to find them automatically. Automatically waypoints become 'important' waypoints next to buttons just top save time for novice waypointers, so its probably best to remove the important type and try.

The problem is that theres two switches on that one door. The first one opens it and then they get in and the second switch closes it (and teleports them to a new area). When the bots die and come back to that door the switch is still on frame 1 even though the door is closed so they would need to use the switch again to open the door but they just try to run through the the door.

It's quite rare to have door opening system like that though so maybe it's not something to prioritize.
+Quote Post

5 Pages V « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
7 User(s) are reading this topic (7 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th August 2020 - 09:47 PM