Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Converted Waypoints for RCbot-AngelScript, Updated & Tested for Git
madmax2
post Jul 28 2020, 09:15 PM
Post #101

RCBot Guru

Group: Waypointers
Member No.: 2,162

Here are 2 updated rcwa's to try, intended for newer builds of RCBotSven5 (tested on 7-25-2020 build). They may or may not work as well on older builds? I still need to test them on an old build and a slower PC (lower fps).

Last2.rcwa:
Bots were having a lot of trouble getting up and down the elevator cables, so made adjustments to the waypoints in that area. An occasional bot may fall, its nearly as good as before. They now jump straight to the edge from the cable and go around the broken door. Sometimes they hang a bit on that door, but usually go right around it. Fixed the long grapple to the generator button, and added a new jump down path. Some bots didn't seem to like the original pathing there, and would be stuck for a long time. And some tweaking at the boss room vent grates.

A new addition to this rcwa, bots can now grapple up to get the 357 handgun and ammo, not sure how much they will use it though. It was a tough grapple to waypoint, they just clear the railing, waypointing practice I guess. They will probably only go there once or twice a game, I saw 1 bot do it on the first full test game.

Last3.rcwa:
Reworked the waypoints at the large rotating gear (adjusted waypoint positions & paths), and added a new bypass path for the shortcut there. Bots were making it past the gear, but it didn't seem as good as before, they were missing the 2nd jump at the top nearly every attempt. I'd say its 70 to 90% success rate after making 1st jump to gear, maybe 50% overall, acceptable. A few other small tweaks. Changed the wpts at that buggy door the bots stop at. Sometimes they get through it on first attempt now, but still stop there for the door to cycle once, only slightly better than before...

Once Last4 is done, i'll update this pack again. I think Last is ok? It should be updated in the next couple days...

Attached File(s)
Attached File  last2_3_rcwa_pack.zip ( 15.67k ) Number of downloads: 171
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Aug 3 2020, 12:17 AM
Post #102

RCBot Guru

Ok, here are 2 WIP converted rcwa's for SvenCoop map Last4

Fixed bots getting stuck in hole next to outside bunker, they should avoid that area.

Added some new movement options outside, bots can end the map given enough time (plant the C4), probably will happen within 10 minutes after C4 plant is available. I left it random, no special flags used.

Moved some elevated wpts & other wpts. Other tweaks/flag edits, etc...

Most time was spent on reworking/testing the front door waypoint config at Satellite Operations (main base). Initially bots will open the front door and go through it fast, no problem. but as time goes by some bots become less interested in going outside and turn around at the door to pick up items, which is ok as they often go outside after that. But some bots may appear stuck at the door for a minute, but given enough time will move, on its own. This was the main issue I was trying to fix, but with limited success. The front door path is now oneway, so once a bot goes outside it will stay outside until killed. Bots will still go up into the tower plenty, I actually tried to reduce that by removing an ammo & health flag there, and making the spawn room door bidirectional.

Thought I should post this rcwa, as I'm going to have less time to work on waypoints this month. wink.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  last4_rcwa_wip.zip ( 8.33k ) Number of downloads: 162
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Aug 9 2020, 08:15 AM
Post #103

RCBot Guru

Updated sc_doc rcwa & script...

Script: Fixed the Sector E door wedge issue. Now bots won't skip wedging the door. 2 bots will be able to use the wheel and wedge the door fairly quickly, usually no more than 2 attempts. I only saw a bot go past the door once, but it immediately returned and wedged the door. More details in the readme, but found a breakable entity for the door wedge. Not sure why I didn't notice that before, lol... ohmy.gif

Added comments/descriptions to the script

Rcwa: Mostly minor tweaks, but did move a path and waypoint to help bots get into the fan vent better. At the ladder inside the vent, removed an important flag on the bottom ladder wpt causing a script error, and a staynear flag on same wpt causing bots ladder climbing problems. At 2nd HT, added crouch flag to the jump wpt there and a wpt under switch. At far end of cavern jumps, removed a crouch flag from a staynear wpt on top of vent.

Bots are still making the cavern jumps good on this map... wink.gif
(tested on 7-25-2020 build)

Attached File(s)
Attached File  sc_doc_rcwa_script.zip ( 5.09k ) Number of downloads: 163
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Aug 11 2020, 12:04 AM
Post #104

RCBot Guru

I converted my sc_activist rcw for angelscript rcbot, and added more movement options for the bots. There are a lot of slow doors & buttons in this map, so I spent most of my time working on those doors, moving/adjusting wpt positions. I found most buttons worked better with an important givetype/flag. Bots just seem to see them better that way in this map. But waypoint position is just as critical, as important flags alone didn't always work. also, some oneway paths helped, not on the button wpts, but before that, to reduce bots backtracking to much (first upstairs slow door/button).

Bots will crouch in the lift, but will go down it shortly. I removed the openslater flag at the bottom of the lift because bots would be slow getting into the lift & spam the outside lift button. It just seemed better this way.

I fixed the fan vent with a new pain wpt configuration, so bots won't likely go there until after the biohazard event, and the fan turns off. I had to work on the wpts at that buggy door there too, bots slide along the wall there and the door opens for them. No jams there since I made both changes.

I changed some things in the biohazard/HEV room to help the new rcbots. Bots can get through the airlock both ways, but they do get a bit button happy in this room (like old rcbots did). 2 bots may get in the airlock, but one will likely get out in about 30 seconds. After the biohazard event, one bot may end up in the airlock for a short while but will get out on it's own, or a player can let it out. Bots will start going to the end of the map fairly quickly after the biohazard event (end/important wpts becomes visible to them), but they will need to kill off the enemies first. They will return to the biohazard/HEV room for armor/health mainly. If a bot enters the airlock, they usually do not go all the way in and turn around towards the end.

I did most all testing with 2 bots, so a single bot may or may not be stuck in the airlock longer? Sometimes a 2nd bot would open the airlock for the 1st bot. It could also be better with 1 bot, perhaps I'll test that later?

I did make a partial script, and may do more testing on that, but I think this is good as is, so have fun with it... smile.gif

I probably should update the first post some time soon... rolleyes.gif

(tested on 8-3-20 build)

Attached File(s)
Attached File  sc_activist_rcwa.zip ( 4.03k ) Number of downloads: 154
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Aug 17 2020, 02:06 AM
Post #105

RCBot Guru

Well I updated the sc_activist rcwa again and included an OPTIONAL script, it should be final. More details are in the readme...

Main changes to the rcwa are:
Changed the door wpts to a more standard config at the Upper Level Security door (removed Staynear on door wpt, and deleted extra wpt there). bots should go through the door better, but may take longer to press the door button.

Did some fixes to the fan vent and door (staynear now wait), bots should get in vent better/faster now. Fixed bots stalling in and at end of vent. Should not be any vent blockages now...

Tweaks at the HEV/Health chargers, and a few other minor things...

I reworked the airlock, I think this is better overall. There is a single crouch wpt inside the airlock now. A bot can pass another bot at the door openings better. It won't take long, and a bot will go use the eye-scanner, slip under the 1st door and usually makes it through the 2nd door when it opens. Anyways this seems to time out better, and fewer bots end up inside the airlock trying to get out. It was really a toss up between using a crouch wpt or a wait_noplayer wpt inside the airlock, both have their pros and cons...

sc_activist_off.ini:
There is a map error that fills the console when you reach the biohazard area (non-sprite glow?). I suspect it may be interfering with the script somehow? Example: When bots get to the computer console room, often they don't go to the console, don't press the button, and return to the chargers. Without the script, bots usually press the console button the first time they get there. They also seem to get caught in the airlock more. I verified the goals are switching on or off, the entitys are correct (had to noclip under the map to do the searches, due to map glow error).

Everything in the script is labeled, there are other options I tried, I left them in the script disabled #. Just change the hash mark if you wish to try those options, but I think what I have works best. All but 3 wpts in the script are set to non-entity (-1), so those important wpts are always available to the bots, Until the rcwa blocks backtracking with a oneway path. The script mainly reduces some repeated button pressing on 2 buttons and removes the console goal when completed. The button spamming isn't bad with no script, bots do good without the script.

So I DON'T recommend using the script, but you can try it if you like... Time to get back to working on crystal... wink.gif

(tested on 8-14-20 build)

Attached File(s)
Attached File  sc_activist_rcwa2_script.zip ( 6.13k ) Number of downloads: 148
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Aug 24 2020, 07:26 AM
Post #106

RCBot Guru

Improved Crystal Waypoint & Script

Copy & Paste from the readme:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
General info
----------------
The script is optional, without it bots will be a bit more aimless, but they can still do stuff, but not as fast. With the script bots will be better focused on goals, do things faster, and in a specific order, though I did try to add some random behavior. Either way, a player is needed to complete the map, bots can't do it alone.

crystal.ini - kinda still a WIP, but works good. it looks a bit messy with the notes in there, as I was trying different options. the order of the goals in the main part of the map could be set up at least 3 different ways.

3 places bots need a human player to continue forward in the map:
1. Human Tower on the box - player must position the box, player must go through vent, currently bots are unable to get into the vent
2. Puzzle Room - a player must move the pushable boxes, bots can press the buttons & wheels with or w/o the script
3. Lifts - I tried to get them to use the lifts, it wasn't reliable. since bots can't do the puzzle room alone, this is a control point

Firewall Buttons - they can do this with or w/o the script, but it may take a long time. w/o the script, the player should press the 2nd button there. with the script, bots won't run past the 2nd button more than once, I think they want to break the grate there first.

-----------------
Tips/suggestions
-----------------
Lifts - Occasionally bots will raise or lower a lift, but mostly not. Use the lifts as a control point. The right lift is up only, left down only. So before doing the puzzle room raise the left lift to prevent/block bots from going down it until you have completed the Puzzle Room. Then lower it and bots will fall down the lift shaft to go to the Final area. To get bots up the right lift, there are 2 ways. First I send bots up to destroy the defenses, you can do as many as 2 at a time. Get in behind a bot to keep it in, then press the button and ride up. Once it gets out, lower the lift to collect more bots. Of course you can help the bots destroy the defenses, the lift is fairly safe to duck in and out of. Once the defenses are destroyed go up there to help the bots with the puzzle room, but send the right lift back down to collect bots, and keep the left lift up to block bots from going down (occasionally they may lower the left lift, so keep checking it is up).

Puzzle Room - it is easier to do with the script, but still doable without a script. Bots will do the buttons first with the script, and it is best to do them first w/o the scrpt too. I recommend keeping the first box available, in case you need it to get the 2nd box. Bots crouch for the 2nd box, but don't easily stand up when you jump on top of them, and when they do they quickly crouch or run off, making it a difficult task. I found pushing the 1st box against the wall and floor ladder, to partly trap them, helps a bunch. If you can't get that to work, use the say command to tell bot "wait here". It doesn't even need to be in the room, it will come but won't crouch. Use the 1st box to get on the standing bot, climb up and push the 2nd box down. With the script, bots will share time between the HT and holding the wheels, so the rest is easy. Without the script you may want to use the say commands to do the Wheels.
Say [m00]h3n press this (for wheels or buttons)
Say [m00]h3n wait here (for the human tower)

When done, lower the lifts to release the bots, and you will be done with helping bots, they can finish the map from here...

have fun smile.gif

[Edit] crystal.ini:

If you are playing with 1 or 2 bots, you might want to change #WID 314 to the other option, which will make bots go to the vent/HT before going to the Test Lab, rather than at the same time. With 3 or more bots, don't change it.
CODE
# Control Panel to Disable Main Defense Turrets - Test Lab (bots go to HT first then test lab)
314, 288, 400, frame, =, 1
# 314, 272, 380, frame, = , 1

I haven't tested this yet, but I think having bots tower to get the cube in the puzzle room before holding the wheels can be scripted... Currently, the HT & wheels are enabled & disabled at the same time. To change it, try this...
CODE
# Puzzle Human Tower - MAIN COMPUTER ROOM
# 262, 270, 517, y, =, 2200
262, 270, 502, z, <, 600
#
# Puzzle Wheels - MAIN COMPUTER ROOM
# 236, 270, 517, y, =, 2200
# 233, 270, 517, y, =, 2200
236, 262, 517, y, =, 2200
233, 262, 517, y, =, 2200

That should make the player/bots get both cubes first, then use the wheels. (the player must move the cubes)
[Edit] I have verified this doe's work, and will include the change when I do an updated pack... Bots won't actually get the cube, they are not waypointed to do that, they just crouch for the player to get it.

I'm working on crystal2 now... Still some work to do, but I have the bots doing most of the platform jumps and grapples.

I've uploaded an updated script & waypoint here (this one may get removed soon?):
http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index....ost&p=15271

Attached File(s)
Attached File  crystal_rcwa_script.zip ( 9.55k ) Number of downloads: 183
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Sep 28 2020, 02:12 AM
Post #107

RCBot Guru

Here is a converted Crystal2 Waypoint and Script. I think the script will be required for this to work properly. It's still sorta a WIP, but my last couple test runs seemed to work well. I didn't have any time to work on it the last week, until yesterday. I reworked the script and made a lot of changes to the rcwa. I initially tried to get this working without a script and had a waypoint that worked ok, but I could only get it to work if bots went to the puzzle area first, but there were still problems...

So with the script, bots now go to the 1st combat area, then the puzzle area, then the final combat area. In the 1st combat area, I had to remove all of the ammo/armor/health/weapon givetypes and replace them with important givetype and script it. This was to keep bots from returning there while playing the puzzle area, though a few bots may go there or cycle through there at a couple points, while playing the puzzle area. I haven't figured out why this is happening, I think I know when it is happening, but at least 1 bot will keep going to the puzzle area during these short periods. It seems to self correct once the next teleport is activated...

So I think it will play well, so long as you play combat, puzzle, then final combat. Follow the majority of the bots if you don't know the map... I recommend 3 bots for single player...

I put a lot of effort into this rcwa & script, and bots move all around the combat areas and can do some difficult jumps in the puzzle area, including the wall jumps near the puzzle crystal. A human player is required to complete the puzzle area. See the readme on playing the puzzle area...

There may be an update at some point, but probably not soon? Have fun... smile.gif
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Edit] I play tested this and it seemed to work good, I didn't notice any long periods of time where I was waiting for bots to come to the correct areas. Bots seem to be going to the correct areas most of the time, with the script...

I forgot to mention there may be an occasional bot going to the wrong area, but it will self correct and once the bot dies it will go to the correct area. The reason is the way the first 2 teleports and the last teleport are waypointed, those 3 teleports don't have teleport flags on them. With teleport flags, at the first 2 teleports, bots would stall at the beginning of the game with no goals until the teleports activated. I suppose I could of scripted an important wpt in the main junction area, but didn't? So what happens at these teleports without teleport waypoints is, bots can get pushed off the path to the teleport by multiple bots arriving at the same time. Bots that miss the teleport often just turn around and go through it, but sometimes choose another area, like going to the puzzle area early. It usually just happens at the beginning of the game or just after the final area activates, when all bots/players spawn at the same time and run to the teleports.

The reason I can't put a teleport flag on the final teleport is because the path bypasses an intermediate room (some kind of worm hole simulation?) and is connected directly to the final area. So I bypassed a destination and a teleport, so its not correct for the teleport flag this way. This is the way I did it for the old rcbots, it works ok as is.

Anyways, this is all minor and I haven't noticed it impact the game play at all. So just thought I'd explain why this happens, maybe a couple times during a game...

I've uploaded an updated script & waypoint here (Release 3) (this one may get removed soon?):
http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index....ost&p=15275

Attached File(s)
Attached File  crystal2_rcwa_script.zip ( 10.6k ) Number of downloads: 152
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Oct 11 2020, 06:46 PM
Post #108

RCBot Guru

I was planning to test & repack these rcwa's in a new pack at some point, after I got a few more done. I need to update the first post too. I'll have to see if I have the time??? I'll try to upload a "fix" pack for the critical rcwa's soon?

With the latest rcbot_as build (8-20-2020) requiring the long-jump module for crouchjump waypoints, some of my posted rcwa's are currently broken or partly broken. I've checked many of them to see which ones have crouchjump waypoints and if they are in a critical location. Critical means the crouchjump waypoint will block forward progression of the bots, at some point in the map, because the map does not have a long-jump module. There are a couple ways to get bots working again on these maps. You can run an older build of rcbot_as, or convert the crouchjump waypoints to jump waypoints, to use the latest build. The easiest way is to run a slightly older version of rcbot from the git, i'd recommend the 8-14-2020 build, bots don't need the long-jump module for crouchjump waypoints. If you need or want to use the latest rcbot_as, with long-jump module support, you will need to convert some of my rcwa's, from crouchjump to jump waypoints.

To convert rcwa's from crouchjump's to jump's, start the map to load the rcwa, in the console type the following commands...
CODE
as_command rcbot.waypoint_convert_type crouchjump jump
as_command rcbot.waypoint_save

Just be aware this will save a new rcwa in the store folder, which will be loaded instead of the rcwa in the rcw folder. So this could effect future updated rcwa's you get with newer versions of rcbot_as. You may need to remove the rcwa from the store folder, at some point, to use an updated git rcwa...

Ok, here is the list of rcwa's I have checked so far...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No crouchjump waypoints found, don't do anything on these rcwa's
sc_royals - none found
sc_royals4 - none found
quarter - none found
infested - none found
infested2 - none found
intruder - none found
deadsimpleneo2 - none found, there is a long-jump module but bots won't use it
uplink - none found
activist1 - none found
crystal 1 & 2 - none
last2 - none found
last4 - none found

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Critical, crouchjump waypoints found in main path, or bots are blocked from part of the map
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: With the latest rcbot_as, bots may act confused/lost at times with the crouchjump waypoints
on these maps, and may get trapped between a one-way path & a crouchjump waypoint...
sc_psyko - found in slime & sun areas, bots won't be able to complete these areas

sc_persia - on rope near 2nd peg jumps, progression blocked until a player opens the shortcut, bots may get trapped?

desertcircle - just behind target on wall of fortress/castle, bots won't be able to get to the lower area of the castle, bots may get trapped?

sc_doc - near laser cannon, may not be critcal, there is an another path, but may trap a bot if they go for the health?

shattered - upper fan area, to button that opens final door, I don't think bots will make this with a regular jump, progression blocked until a player doe's the upper fan jumps and opens final door

murks - bots won't use shortcut through glass door near end, another crouchjump wpt just before the end, progression is blocked at end

sc_royals2 - 1st cavern jump - critical, currently bots won't do this well with a regular jump wpt, they might make it across 1 out of 20 attempts, but probably won't open the shortcut door? bots may get trapped?

sc_royals3 - in main path, progression is blocked

last3 - in main path, at a door, progression blocked until a player opens the shortcut

last - actually, this one is not critical, bots just won't run over top of the tent...
--------------------------

If it's not on this list, I haven't checked it yet. For most of these, a regular jump should work ok to get bots going, but perhaps not as well. It will change the length of the jump as it is waypointed now, it will be a longer jump. Some of the crouchjump wpts in these rcwa's were put in when I worked on the rcw's for the old sc4.8 rcbots. Like the crouchjumps in murks were there so bots would get the uzi at the glass door, and for "randomness" at the end teleporter, neither were critical timed jumps. So converting to regular jumps on murks shouldn't be a problem. I haven't actually tested all these rcwa's, I just looked at them for the crouchjumps. Some I did test and know what will happen if they are converted to jumps, when using the latest build.

I did test bots on sc_royals2, sc_persia, sc_psyko, shattered, last3, and a regular jump should substitute ok on all listed maps except, perhaps, sc_royals2 & shattered. The timing for the jumps on those maps is just to critical. But if you convert the crouchjump wpts to jump wpts, then the bots won't get trapped between a one-way path and a crouchjump wpt. So for now, on sc_royals2 & shattered, for full function and good jumps, you need to use an older rcbot build (8-14-2020 build), this is the easiest short term solution for all these maps. Or convert the rcwa's for the latest build, but the bots won't be able to complete a specific section on each map (sc_royals2 & shattered), a player will have to do it...
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Nov 23 2020, 10:28 PM
Post #109

RCBot Guru

Crouchjump to Jump Hotfix Pack (only needed if running RCbot_AS Aug 19, 2020 builds or newer)

I finally got this finished. I converted all the crouchjumps wpts to jump wpts, for the rcwa's in the previous post. Also included 2 updated rcwa's, suspension & richard_boderman.

suspension.rcwa: fixes most ladder issues, with all builds from this year... The ladder to the next to last RPG is still blocked due to the map change, but I don't think it's a big deal, nor worth fixing. Bots can get the last RPG...

richard_boderman.rcwa: long ladder against wall fix, fixed bots not launching helecopter, fixed bots not going to get richard boderman. Again, with all builds from this year...

For sc_royals2 and shattered, I only converted the 2 crouchjump wpts, so bots won't do well as noted in previous post. I'll have to try and adjust the wpt positions to fix these, but there is not much room to do that at either location. So i'm not sure if it will be possible? So its best to use the Aug 14 2020 build on these 2 maps with the rcwa's that come with that, or from my previous packs...

See the readme for details...

Cheeseh, you may update the git with these whenever you like, but no need to update the git just for this... I may have something for crystal series in a few days or after our Thanksgiving holiday, so probably wait for that at least...

Attached File(s)
Attached File  hotfix_crouchjump_rcwa_pack.zip ( 65.03k ) Number of downloads: 132
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Feb 6 2021, 02:26 AM
Post #110

RCBot Guru

I've updated Crystal and Crystal2 waypoints (Release 2). Crystal was just a minor update, mainly the script change I mentioned in the previous post, bots will help get both cubes in the puzzle area before using the wheels.

On Crystal2 I had intended to work on the secrets areas, or add another grapple, but noticed a big problem in the puzzle area that may be due Sven Co-op updates, I recently updated from SC5.22 to SC5.24...

crystal2.rcwa - All waypoint edits are in the puzzle area. The main purpose for this release was because bots were no longer making it to the button side of the 2nd platform, bots did not seem to be able to jump up from the wheel controlled ledge!

I moved some wpts on some of the platform jumps too, you may not notice the difference though? I'm still working on this, mainly the 1st platform jumps.

crystal2.ini - I added an important/navigation wpt for the 3rd platform teleport (opens 3rd shortcut), In case bots miss the jump to the teleport. If that happens bots would take a long time to return to this teleport, and instead run to the 1st combat area. This still happens, but this may help get a bot back to that teleport sooner? If bots make the jump to the teleport, you won't notice the problem at all.

I'm still testing Crystal2, so there could be another update...?

One more thing, the Crystal map running on SC5.24 seems to be broken? I ran the puzzle area 4 times, and every time the cube in the ceiling would not drop to the floor, it's stuck. So the map can't be completed. They recently did changes to pushables, I think this may be the cause? Has anyone else encountered this bug? I don't think it is a RCbot issue.

[Edit] The cube problem on this map has been fixed on SC5.25. So the map can be completed now...

Crystal2 waypoint & script has been updated to Release 3, see post below...

Attached File(s)
Attached File  crystal_rcwa_script2.zip ( 9.46k ) Number of downloads: 104
+Quote Post
danylopez123
post Feb 11 2021, 05:33 AM
Post #111

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,598

I did tried the new crystal pack, is not the rcbot issue, it's the new Sven Co-op update.
That cube may cant drop but i was be able to get it down in 2 ways:

1. I just Nocliped.
2. I used the Shock Tropper weapon and i was shooting at the cube from an angle to push it.
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Feb 11 2021, 10:12 PM
Post #112

RCBot Guru

QUOTE(danylopez123 @ Feb 10 2021, 09:33 PM) *

I did tried the new crystal pack, is not the rcbot issue, it's the new Sven Co-op update.
That cube may cant drop but i was be able to get it down in 2 ways:

1. I just Nocliped.
2. I used the Shock Tropper weapon and i was shooting at the cube from an angle to push it.

Thanks for the feedback smile.gif ... Yeah I tried nocliping with m16 & AR nades but could not get the cube to move. I did check on another PC with sc5.23, and the cube does drop on that version...

I should be posting another update for the crystal2 waypoint/script soon. I wasn't satisfied with some of the jumps and some other things in the puzzle area. Have a bit more testing/tweaking to do, script work... Also, had an update for abandoned, but it was put aside for this...
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Feb 28 2021, 08:23 PM
Post #113

RCBot Guru

Ok, here is release 3 rcwa & script for Crystal2. I tried to improve some things, mostly in the puzzle area. But I could not keep a bot from wandering or "leaking" into the puzzle area at the beginning of the game. Also, I spent so much time on other fixes/tweaks that I did not get to reworking the secret areas, so bots won't work there. I tested on 2 different PC's, and It seems bots are not as good at some jumps on the lower performance PC, weaker GPU & less memory, higher overhead (win 10), dual core 3ghz CPU (vs win7 quad core 2.6ghz, more RAM, much better GPU)! It is noticeable in the 1st grapple area, bots rarely miss the jumps there on the win7 PC, but on the win10 PC I can see more bots miss the simple jumps, mostly when they first go there.

-----------------------
Summary of Changes
-----------------------
crystal2.rcwa
--------------

Puzzle Area:

1. Improved the jump from the sideways moving rock to the 1st platform by adding a new platform wpt & moving some wpts. I did nothing for the first jump to the sideways rocks, it is more dependent on the time bots arrive there, so they will still miss that jump the same as before. Any early "leaked" bots do have a better chance that they will get to the 1st or 2nd platform, so it is best that they do miss some jumps. It's likely only 1 bot will make it that far at the beginning of the map. If that happens, It should jump off the platform in a couple minutes or less, then go to the combat area.

2. Added the last grapple, the grapple left to the floating rock at the 3rd platform. Spent a lot of time to get this working, it was difficult. Single bots probably land on the rock about 50% of the time. They can ride the rock to the 3rd platform and make it across 95% of the time, to the left side button. It really depends on when the bots arrive at the grapple, as I'm not sure if they see the platform wpts behind the grapple & "swing" wpt. But it is fun watching them swing up high & land on the rock, or miss it biggrin.gif ... I'm pleased with the results. I should mention I added extra incentive in the script for bots to go to this side of the platform, as it is the more difficut side for players too. It doesn't seem to always work, but may help some, and bots do go to both sides. I did add "suicide" wpts at some of the platforms, if multiple bots collect on one side to much. Bots can complete this area unassisted, but it uaually takes time for them to sync up at the platform buttons. Usually they are slow, but once in a while they do it fast.

3. Made more adjustments/tweaks for the platforms/jumps to the 2nd & 3rd teleports, bots should be much better at finishing these areas the first time. 2nd boat jump should work better too.

1st Combat Area:

I did fix the teleport in the 1st combat area so bots don't end up standing behind the teleport for a minute. They should go right through and exit to the garg area much better now (they won't stand in the exit now).

Hub Room/Area:

Added wait_noplayer flags at the teleports to help prevent bots missing the teleports, mainly to the 1st combat area, to reduce bots going to the puzzle area before combat was done. This mainly happens when the teleports first activate at the start of the map. It may help some, but it did not fix it. Also, bots occasionally missed picking up the barnacle gun, so moving the wpt, & the wait_noplayer seems to of fixed that issue.

-------------
crystal2.ini
-------------

3rd platform left side button added #261
3rd platform left side navigation important added #306, extra incentive for bots to take the more difficult grapple
2nd shortcut teleport exit, navigation important #404, extra incentive for bots to use shortcut, but doesn't always work
#260 important removed/replaced by #404
#424 important removed, wasn't needed after script/rcwa changes, bots make the platform jumps to the teleport near perfect now

Release 2 is included in the zip in case you don't like bots grappling to the left at the 3rd platform, but Release 3 is better, overall...

Attached File(s)
Attached File  crystal2_rcwa_script3.zip ( 22.46k ) Number of downloads: 74
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Mar 16 2021, 07:08 PM
Post #114

Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Thanks madmax - i've Included these in the git. Though wait waypoints are not required for platforma waypoints, even if there is a jump required, bots work it out based on the position of the platform.

I've added a new waypoint type "water" for swimming in dynamic water . not sure any maps that might benefit . I only saw this in they hunger
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Mar 19 2021, 08:24 PM
Post #115

RCBot Guru

I just downloaded the new build. Some nice additions to try out, autowaypoint, lift waypoint, and search "beam" too.

Thanks... smile.gif
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Mar 20 2021, 12:36 AM
Post #116

Admin

QUOTE(madmax2 @ Mar 19 2021, 08:24 PM) *

I just downloaded the new build. Some nice additions to try out, autowaypoint, lift waypoint, and search "beam" too.

Thanks... smile.gif

great - BTW Lift waypoint can only be used when a bot is standing on a lift - so that's where the waypoint needs to be
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Mar 20 2021, 05:40 PM
Post #117

RCBot Guru

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Mar 19 2021, 05:36 PM) *

great - BTW Lift waypoint can only be used when a bot is standing on a lift - so that's where the waypoint needs to be

Should a lift wpt be placed at both top & bottom of lift? And I assume bots will now look for the lift button without an important wpt?

I checked swimming on crystal without water wpts, and they still swim fine, just as before. So old waypoints should be ok, w/o water wpts. smile.gif
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Mar 22 2021, 07:23 PM
Post #118

Admin

QUOTE(madmax2 @ Mar 20 2021, 05:40 PM) *

Should a lift wpt be placed at both top & bottom of lift? And I assume bots will now look for the lift button without an important wpt?

I checked swimming on crystal without water wpts, and they still swim fine, just as before. So old waypoints should be ok, w/o water wpts. smile.gif

yeah , can be used without objective waypoint - the bots will only press if they detect they are standing on a lift though. Maybe this isn't the best at the moment, but better than using objective
+Quote Post
madmax2
post May 4 2021, 05:13 PM
Post #119

RCBot Guru

Here is a completed rcwa for yabma, a very old map still included with sc5. I thought this would be a quick waypoint but it turned out to be quite a challenge, especially that fan area. I ran into a number of problem areas for the bots, like sticky ladders & pipes. Bots will loop back to some areas (lots of important wpts), but can play the whole map unassisted. I think I got all the stuck/sticky spots fixed?

I did try out the new auto waypoint feature in a couple places, and it seems to work well smile.gif

I still need to play test this and I'm sure some areas could be tweaked a bit more, but I think it will work fairly well. I would like the fan area to work better, bots can get through it without help, but they don't keep their heads down to well, lol... More details are in the readme...

I think 2 bots should be good for this map...

Enjoy... smile.gif

[Edit] I play tested this today, and I saw a couple problems. A bot or bots stopped moving in a couple places, but did get moving again. One was on top of the elevator and 2 bots were blocking a vent. The vent might be fixable by adding wpts, but bots have been randomly stopping in places for many builds. Bots will stop moving in "bad" places, blocking other bots and players, which can be annoying when it takes a minute or more for it to start moving again. I beat on 1 bot at the vent for a minute before it moved. I did some debugging yesterday so I should post that... Anyways, I may try to improve/tweak the rcwa in the next couple days? I don't believe the stopping/pausing issue is a waypoint issue, I've seen it on many different maps, with & without waypoint scripts...

[Edit] Removed, improved rcwa & scripts in posts below...
+Quote Post
madmax2
post May 10 2021, 12:02 AM
Post #120

RCBot Guru

Release 2 - yabma.rcwa

Tweaked/moved/added wpts at several areas throughout the map. Mostly for better navigation or sticking/stuck bots, vents & doors, etc.

* Fixed top of elevator where bots might stick to the cable.

* Before the elevator, where bots drop through the floor to a ladder & pipes, moved wpts to fix bots sticking to the ladder. Haven't seen the problem again...

* Attempted to improve/fix the fan area and the next ladder/vent area. It's better, but bots may still stall/wait at the vent grate...

* Saw bots occasionally stuck on the steam valve, so made a quick adjustment to the important wpt position.

See the readme for a few details... I ran out of time to test, so posting this now. It should be better in most areas of the map. I'll probably look at the fan/ladder/vent area one more time, at a later date. But it may not be the waypoints causing the issues i've been seeing there?

[Edit] Removed, improved rcwa & scripts in posts below...
+Quote Post

7 Pages V « < 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:36 PM