IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Half-life 2 RCBOT I love it!, A couple of question...
Cheeseh
post Feb 11 2007, 02:54 PM
Post #21

Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Dont use plugin_load!! it is suppoosed to be loaded before the games starts by using the .vdf file in the addons folder (read the readme)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mladen
post Feb 11 2007, 04:50 PM
Post #22

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,026

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Feb 11 2007, 02:54 PM) *

Dont use plugin_load!! it is suppoosed to be loaded before the games starts by using the .vdf file in the addons folder (read the readme)

I know...i use it after the game start because it wasent working whitout using the plugin...

DID you try IT???IT dont load and dont work in the DEdicated server....It just work in LAN.....

Can you try install it on your machine and you will see whatj i mean,.......Mladen

This post has been edited by Mladen: Feb 11 2007, 06:43 PM
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Feb 11 2007, 09:45 PM
Post #23

Admin

I know that the bot will not work properly when using "plugin_load", ive had people having problems with the bot loading it using that. You are better trying to get it to work using the .vdf file. its simple. Create an addons folder (if not already existing) in hl2mp folder located in your dedicated server and half-life 2 deathmatch directory, and put HPB_bot2.vdf in it. It should load.
+Quote Post
Mladen
post Feb 11 2007, 10:15 PM
Post #24

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Feb 11 2007, 09:45 PM) *

I know that the bot will not work properly when using "plugin_load", ive had people having problems with the bot loading it using that. You are better trying to get it to work using the .vdf file. its simple. Create an addons folder (if not already existing) in hl2mp folder located in your dedicated server and half-life 2 deathmatch directory, and put HPB_bot2.vdf in it. It should load.

Im not using "plugin_load" I have the file vdf in addon...BUT LIKE I TELL YOU BEFORE IN THE DEDICATED SERVER I CAN T ADDBOT!!! CAN YOU ANSEWRS MY QUESTION?? DID YOU EVER TRY IN THE DEDICATED SERVER???
IF NOT TRY!!!BECAUSE WE ARE SAYING ALWAYS THE SAME THING FOR ABSOLUTELY NO RESULT...

Map: dm_snipe_reborn_v2
Players: 1 / 16
Build 2992
Server Number 1
Begin loading faces (loads materials)
End loading faces (loads materials)
Initializing renderer...
Saved score reloaded
[QFC] La Sorciere connecté
] rcbotd
[RCBot] Error, no map running or not dedicated server
] rcbot addbot
[RCBot] You do not have access to this command
] plugin_print
Loaded plugins:
---------------------
0: "RCBot2 Plugin, by Cheeseh"
1: "Mani Admin Plugin 2006 V1.2BetaN RC2-13 VSP, www.mani-admin-plugin.com"
2: "Mattie's EventScripts, http://mattie.info/cs, Version:1.1.1.015w"
3: "Mattie's System Call Plugin 0.1"
4: "Spawn/Chat Protection; by Bernt Nilsson, version 1.2.4"
5: "Infinite Sprint - Shyotl"
---------------------
Next map is Map decided by vote
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Feb 12 2007, 02:51 AM
Post #25

Admin

calm down man, have a coffee. I spent many many hours yesterday getting it to work on the dedicated server per your request, and yes I did try it and it worked fine.

rcbotd command only works in the dedicated server console (go into dedicated server console then use this command)

rcbot command only works on the client (only for clients in accessclients.ini)

remember there is a seperate folder for the dedicated server as I told you before, you need to put the HPB_bot.vdf in the source dedicated server/hl2mp/addons

also rememebr "addons" not "addon"

it will not work for the dedicated server if you only installed the bot to halflife 2 deathmatch folder and not the dedicated server, which is what I am guessing you have done

it worked with me, therefore I tested it and it worked, so it should work with you, obviously you missed that step in the installation.
+Quote Post
Mladen
post Feb 12 2007, 03:23 AM
Post #26

Hi Chesseh ..i apreciate your work,and i m not mad....I did everiything you told me....I have a lot of program on my server ....So i know how to install script addons....ect ect.............

Your program is easy to install....2 files....i put hpb_bot2 vdf in my /Email/source dedicated /hl2mp/addons...............then.....HPB_Bot2.dll into the "\source dedicated server\bin" folder...........then run my steam dedicated server.....start the game ....join the game......i type rcbotd in the console....then take a look.......] rcbotd
[RCBot] Error, no map running or not dedicated server...so???????????????????? wink.gif blink.gif

Map: dm_snipe_reborn_v2
Players: 1 / 16
Build 2992
Server Number 1
Begin loading faces (loads materials)
End loading faces (loads materials)
Initializing renderer...
Saved score reloaded
[QFC] La Sorciere connecté
] rcbotd
[RCBot] Error, no map running or not dedicated server
] rcbot addbot
[RCBot] You do not have access to this command
] plugin_print
Loaded plugins:
---------------------
0: "RCBot2 Plugin, by Cheeseh"
1: "Mani Admin Plugin 2006 V1.2BetaN RC2-13 VSP, www.mani-admin-plugin.com"
2: "Mattie's EventScripts, http://mattie.info/cs, Version:1.1.1.015w"
3: "Mattie's System Call Plugin 0.1"
4: "Spawn/Chat Protection; by Bernt Nilsson, version 1.2.4"
5: "Infinite Sprint - Shyotl"
---------------------
Next map is Map decided by vote
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Feb 12 2007, 01:21 PM
Post #27

Admin

did you type rcbotd in the dedicated server console??? I am guessing you didn't thats what I made the command for, not for the client. What you are doing is trying to access the RCbot dedicated server command thorugh a client which cannot be done. You need to go into the dedicated server console, either by using remote console, or by selecting the dedicated server window and entering rcbotd <command>. you can then use "rcbotd config max_bots <max bots>" in the dedicated server and the server will add bots automaticall and stay at the maximum number of bots

whats going wrong is...

you are getting confused with the client and server. When you join a game and play thats the client, you cannot use rcbotd command on that console, thats why it is saying "Error, no map running or not dedicated server". Similarly, you can only access the rcbot command through a client if the STEAM_ID is written in the accessclients.ini, to find the correct steam ID, connect the server and type "status" in the client console, find your correct steam ID from that, it will most likely be STEAM_ID_LAN if it is a local server.

The server is the source dedicated server console, which can be accessed through "rcon" (remote console) or directly in the dedicated server console, It should create a window for the dedicated server and it has a console tab in the window.

rcbotd only works for me as it shouldi n the dedicated server console, see below

IPB Image

IPB Image

client:
IPB Image

after joining on ded server:
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Mladen
post Feb 12 2007, 11:52 PM
Post #28

You are absolutely right!!!I was using the clients console instead of the green one!!THANKS ALOT!!!!

CHESEEH is THE KING!

Now for the max and min bots how it works?? I type in the green console rcbotd max_bots 5 and nothing hapen......

Mladen Thanks again for your good work....
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Feb 13 2007, 12:10 AM
Post #29

Admin

its

rcbotd config max_bots <bots>
+Quote Post
Mladen
post Feb 13 2007, 12:35 AM
Post #30

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Feb 13 2007, 12:10 AM) *

its

rcbotd config max_bots <bots>

Oki!! NOW for the none custom map....can i learn the bots waypoints?
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Feb 13 2007, 12:49 AM
Post #31

Admin

QUOTE(Mladen @ Feb 13 2007, 12:35 AM) *

Oki!! NOW for the none custom map....can i learn the bots waypoints?

you will need to make your own, its the same as rcbot1, you need to use the client however thus you should try and get the accessclients working by putting that steam ID (found using the "status" command) in accessclients.ini in rcbot/config/. when you get access to bo commands, using the client, add a waypoint using "rcbot waypoint add" Etc (most are in the readme)

rcbot waypoint <on/off>
rcbot pathwaypoint <on/off>
rcbot waypoint info
rcbot waypoint delete
rcbot waypoint givetype <ladder/jump/crouch/unreachable>

there are also more commands but you may not need them.

biggrin.gif

It may not work very well though as I said the bot is not even in the release stage, it is just a preview, a build of the framework source code that is available, nothing else.
+Quote Post
Mladen
post Feb 13 2007, 01:52 AM
Post #32

So i load a map then i type "rcbot waypoint add"..then.....(in client console) My steam id is there in accessclient its ok for thath...
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 02:29 PM