IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> valve,s new map in orange... XD, fun map that desperately needs waypoints...
DrPuffinKind
post Aug 24 2010, 01:49 PM
Post #1

RCBot Fan

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,638

valve is having a contest for mappers to skin an unreleased map that has been kicking around their desks in gray scale... i thought it would make a peachy orange map and went to work... it is very fun and well balanced and i have it slated as a permanent addition to my production rcbot2 server but cannot find the time to do the waypoints...
many thanx to anyone who does the work... i will gladly offer up a lifetime premium account on all of our servers in payment for a good waypoint set and script. premium account holders have many perks that make our servers a very unique and fun gaming experience...

thanx in advance!

ok... it seems i cannot upload files to this forum... i guess i will post a link to it, although this is not my preferred method... i can promise the file is clean of any nastiness.... for what my word is worth... lol

http://www.aohelp.info/cybersquare420/maps...base_a8.bsp.bz2

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Fillmore
post Aug 25 2010, 06:24 PM
Post #2

RCBot Guru

Group: Waypointers
Member No.: 1,511

QUOTE(DrPuffinKind @ Aug 24 2010, 01:49 PM) *

valve is having a contest for mappers to skin an unreleased map that has been kicking around their desks in gray scale... i thought it would make a peachy orange map and went to work... it is very fun and well balanced and i have it slated as a permanent addition to my production rcbot2 server but cannot find the time to do the waypoints...
many thanx to anyone who does the work... i will gladly offer up a lifetime premium account on all of our servers in payment for a good waypoint set and script. premium account holders have many perks that make our servers a very unique and fun gaming experience...

thanx in advance!

ok... it seems i cannot upload files to this forum... i guess i will post a link to it, although this is not my preferred method... i can promise the file is clean of any nastiness.... for what my word is worth... lol

I've got the waypoints, but the script needs a serious tweaking session. Bots don't go capping and there's nothing wrong with the script.
+Quote Post
DrPuffinKind
post Aug 25 2010, 07:29 PM
Post #3

RCBot Fan

seems like the script from dustbowl should be close to right... although im sure the area nums and cp names are prolly different... and the setup time.. and.... oh nvm... its prolly not even close... :/

lol
+Quote Post
Fillmore
post Aug 26 2010, 02:20 PM
Post #4

RCBot Guru

QUOTE(DrPuffinKind @ Aug 25 2010, 07:29 PM) *

seems like the script from dustbowl should be close to right... although im sure the area nums and cp names are prolly different... and the setup time.. and.... oh nvm... its prolly not even close... :/

lol

I already tried Dustbowl's scripting. Didn't work, the issue is that the bots don't read the attack and defend parts so they go "HURR I RUN ALL OVER MAP"
+Quote Post
DrPuffinKind
post Aug 26 2010, 02:33 PM
Post #5

RCBot Fan

huh... well now i gotta ask a really dumb question... i appologize in advance...

sis you name the script correctly? spell it right? nmae the caps right? there is no cp in front of it...

i am assuming you did all of these things right, but if i didnt ask and that was the issue, i would feel even more foolish...

i could work on it with you if you like... we can use me rcbot dedi for a test bed... friend me through steam at cybersquare420 if you want...
never know, i may see something you missed... smile.gif
+Quote Post
Fillmore
post Aug 26 2010, 05:30 PM
Post #6

RCBot Guru

QUOTE(DrPuffinKind @ Aug 26 2010, 02:33 PM) *

huh... well now i gotta ask a really dumb question... i appologize in advance...

sis you name the script correctly? spell it right? nmae the caps right? there is no cp in front of it...

i am assuming you did all of these things right, but if i didnt ask and that was the issue, i would feel even more foolish...

i could work on it with you if you like... we can use me rcbot dedi for a test bed... friend me through steam at cybersquare420 if you want...
never know, i may see something you missed... smile.gif

Actually, the issue was the name of the map itself biggrin.gif It didn't have the 'cp_' tag so RCbot2 didn't know it was a CP map. anyway, I made the waypoints and script but the map was renamed to cp_orangebase_a8. Also there were quite humorous reactions to this rename. For instance, every metal/glass surface turned into ridicilously bright, due to usage of stock cubemaps (or something else.) Well anyway, I'm gonna link the waypoints here, but you should remember to rename the map to cp_orangebase_a8. smile.gif Waypoints are here.
+Quote Post
DrPuffinKind
post Aug 26 2010, 07:39 PM
Post #7

RCBot Fan

QUOTE(Fillmore @ Aug 26 2010, 01:30 PM) *

Actually, the issue was the name of the map itself biggrin.gif It didn't have the 'cp_' tag so RCbot2 didn't know it was a CP map. anyway, I made the waypoints and script but the map was renamed to cp_orangebase_a8. Also there were quite humorous reactions to this rename. For instance, every metal/glass surface turned into ridicilously bright, due to usage of stock cubemaps (or something else.) Well anyway, I'm gonna link the waypoints here, but you should remember to rename the map to cp_orangebase_a8. smile.gif Waypoints are here.

sweet!! i will rename the map and rebuild the cubemaps... this must be done every time you rename a map as the cubemaps use the name somehow... i think it is an internal naming convention or something...

anyhow, thanks a bunch... ill post an updated map here with fixed cubemaps... warning... it iwll likely be renamed again... smile.gif
+Quote Post
DrPuffinKind
post Aug 26 2010, 08:18 PM
Post #8

RCBot Fan

here is a link to the map with the cubemaps rebuilt... thanx again!!

friend me on steam or over at http://www.tiaclan.co.cc/forums/
for the promised donor account... if you are into it.

either way the name is the same "cybersquare420"

biggrin.gif
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 09:10 AM