IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Doc Lithius' Waypoints and Scripts, A collection of work by Doc Lithius.
Doc Lithius
post Sep 10 2010, 02:18 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,882

I'm not entirely sure if I'll ever do more than one or two waypoint-and-script sets, but the I figured I'd name the thread appropriately if I do.

So, hey! I'm Doc Lithius, and this is my waypoints-and-scripts thread! You've probably never heard of me before. That's good, because I've actually never posted anything relating to RCBot or RCBot2 before today. I'm pretty new at waypointing and such, but a new map I found a few days ago inspired me to give it a try.

Kakariko A2 by Beetle
Waypoint Download - Map Download - Demonstration Video

Map Type: Control Point, Attack/Defend
Map Size Medium
Special Features: Plenty of sniper spots and several engineer spots for both teams, though only RED has sentry spots.
Bugs: On regular occasion, at the start of Round 1, bots will ignore Point A and wander around until it's captured. I'm not sure what causes this nor how to fix it, but it might have something to do with the "Waiting for Players" period. Similar to that bug, instead of wandering aimlessly, bots might instead opt to attack/defend Point B instead. Again, this is limited to the first round and corrects itself on every following round.

Not too bad for my first attempt at a waypointing system, I'd say. It works, it has minimal bugs, and aside from engineers and spies trying to take unreachable paths to buildings on rare occasions (as well as the usual RCBot2 bugs), it runs pretty smoothly.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Fillmore
post Sep 11 2010, 08:49 AM
Post #2

RCBot Guru

Group: Waypointers
Member No.: 1,511

QUOTE(Doc Lithius @ Sep 10 2010, 02:18 AM) *

I'm not entirely sure if I'll ever do more than one or two waypoint-and-script sets, but the I figured I'd name the thread appropriately if I do.

So, hey! I'm Doc Lithius, and this is my waypoints-and-scripts thread! You've probably never heard of me before. That's good, because I've actually never posted anything relating to RCBot or RCBot2 before today. I'm pretty new at waypointing and such, but a new map I found a few days ago inspired me to give it a try.

Kakariko A2 by Beetle
Waypoint Download - Map Download - Demonstration Video

Map Type: Control Point, Attack/Defend
Map Size Medium
Special Features: Plenty of sniper spots and several engineer spots for both teams, though only RED has sentry spots.
Bugs: On regular occasion, at the start of Round 1, bots will ignore Point A and wander around until it's captured. I'm not sure what causes this nor how to fix it, but it might have something to do with the "Waiting for Players" period. Similar to that bug, instead of wandering aimlessly, bots might instead opt to attack/defend Point B instead. Again, this is limited to the first round and corrects itself on every following round.

Not too bad for my first attempt at a waypointing system, I'd say. It works, it has minimal bugs, and aside from engineers and spies trying to take unreachable paths to buildings on rare occasions (as well as the usual RCBot2 bugs), it runs pretty smoothly.

I'll give these waypoints a try when I get back on my usual PC that has TF2. I might give some critique (and advice, of course biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
Doc Lithius
post Sep 12 2010, 01:31 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,882

Either/or would be great! At the moment, I'm working on a considerably more complex map (off and on), CP Cashfront RC2. It's going well enough, but I recently noticed bots getting stuck on certain waypoints and, as with Kakariko, occasionally going to the wrong focus point... I really need to figure out how to prevent that, but as far as I can tell, I'm not doing anything out of the ordinary or particularly different with either my waypoints or my script file, so... Heh.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:07 AM