2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SteamCMD Dedicated Server
HulkBogan
post Aug 17 2013, 11:03 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,302

Hello Cheeseh. It's good to see you're still around. I was setting up a new DOD Source server and I'm having trouble getting RCBOT up and running. I'm hoping you can resolve my issue. Thanks in advance.

First off, this is a brand new Windows dedicated server installation from SteamCMD (the new updater). The game no longer creates an "Orangebox" folder within the dedicated installation. The folder directory is as shown below...

IPB Image

In the graphic above, what is the installation location for the contents of RCBOT? Specifically, where do I put the RCBOT folder and the dll? If I understand correctly, the DLL goes in the bin folder within the DOD folder shown above but if I place the RCBOT folder within the mod folder (dod), I get an error stating "orangebox/dod" mod not found.

Using the directory information in the graphic, what should my botmods.ini file look like for dod? I have tried many things already. Perhaps you could simplify your installation instructions with SteamCMD on a Windows dedicated server?

Thank you sir and continued success!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Aug 18 2013, 12:56 AM
Post #2

Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Hey man, long time no see , how are things? will never forget your service to rcbot in the past tongue.gif

Yeah there aren't really any steamCMD instructions cos it's kinda new, even dedicated sever instructions for that matter .

0. Yea, The rcbot dll should be in the dod bin folder with loads of other dlls

1. the rcbot folder goes into your windows or linux home directory. I.e. C:\USers\HulkBogan (for example) so you should have c:\users\hulkbogan\rcbot\config etc...

2. In your rcbot folder, rcbot/config open the bot_mods.ini . you need to have another mod written in there with your folders that you use. You can try loading the bot without editing the ini file and it will tell you there is no modificaiton description for steamdir=xxxxx and gamedir=yyyyy . just copy those values into the bot_mods.ini (its most likely steamdir="DODServer" gamedir="dod" ) and set it as mod type DOD and bot type DOD
3. You will now be able to load the plugin by doing the plugin_load command. Before adding any bots you need to change the rcbot_playerruncmd_dods to 417

try that, any other problems, we've got some other people here who got it to work, im sure they could help too
+Quote Post
HulkBogan
post Aug 18 2013, 01:54 AM
Post #3

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Aug 17 2013, 07:56 PM) *

Hey man, long time no see , how are things? will never forget your service to rcbot in the past tongue.gif

Yeah there aren't really any steamCMD instructions cos it's kinda new, even dedicated sever instructions for that matter .

0. Yea, The rcbot dll should be in the dod bin folder with loads of other dlls

1. the rcbot folder goes into your windows or linux home directory. I.e. C:\USers\HulkBogan (for example) so you should have c:\users\hulkbogan\rcbot\config etc...

2. In your rcbot folder, rcbot/config open the bot_mods.ini . you need to have another mod written in there with your folders that you use. You can try loading the bot without editing the ini file and it will tell you there is no modificaiton description for steamdir=xxxxx and gamedir=yyyyy . just copy those values into the bot_mods.ini (its most likely steamdir="DODServer" gamedir="dod" ) and set it as mod type DOD and bot type DOD
3. You will now be able to load the plugin by doing the plugin_load command. Before adding any bots you need to change the rcbot_playerruncmd_dods to 417

try that, any other problems, we've got some other people here who got it to work, im sure they could help too

Thanks, I will try this. However, what about in an instance where there is no Windows user folder(s) that I have access to? Let's say I have a bunch of leased servers with a similar directory to the one I showed in my first post. For example, one machine running several instances of dod dedicated servers, where would I place the rcbot folder? So, for instance, if I have folders like DODServer, DODServer1, DODServer2, etc. and each one is a unique dedicated server, and each one wanted to run rcbot, how would I accomplish this? If it isn't possible, I understand. I think I have enough information now though to make it run on a personal machine.

Thank you Cheeseh. Keep up the good work.
+Quote Post
HulkBogan
post Aug 18 2013, 04:10 AM
Post #4

CODE
VAC secure mode is activated.
plugin_load HPB_bot2.dll
[RCBOT] Found interface INTERFACEVERSION_PLAYERINFOMANAGER IPlayerInfoManager pl
ayerinfomanager
[RCBOT] Found interface INTERFACEVERSION_VENGINESERVER IVEngineServer engine
Trying... VFileSystem022
[RCBOT] Found interface "VFileSystem" IFileSystem filesystem, ver = 022
[RCBot] HL2 MODIFICATION "DODServer/dod" NOT FOUND, EXITING... see bot_mods.ini
in bot config folder
[BOT ERROR] Mod not found. Please edit the bot_mods.ini in the bot config folder

steamdir = DODServer
gamedir = dod
Failed to load plugin "HPB_bot2.dll"
Unable to load plugin "HPB_bot2.dll"

This is what happens after trying the steps you mentioned. There is nothing I can do to resolve the "modification not found" error message above. One thing I notice is that it includes a forward slash DODServer/dod". Should this be a backslash or is that fine?

Here is what my bot-mods.ini looks like...

CODE

#
mod = DOD
steamdir = DODServer
gamedir = dod
bot = DOD
#
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Aug 18 2013, 04:33 AM
Post #5

RCBot Guru

Group: Waypointers
Member No.: 2,162

Hi HulkBogan,

I think this is in the wrong place...

If I understand correctly, the DLL goes in the bin folder within the DOD folder shown above

Move the HPB_Bot2.dll into the bin folder next to the dod folder... Thats the correct location....

The bot_mods.ini looks ok to me...

Oh, and don't worry about the slash thing, it's backwards in the console messege, i noticed that to when I first installed... heh heh...

I can't answer your question about multiple rented servers, tho , thats a bit over my head, rolleyes.gif ...

btw, welcome to the RCbot forum... wink.gif

max

[edit] I see something else too, "VAC secure mode activated". rcbot needs to be run in insecure mode. add -insecure to your launch options or shortcut.

[edit2] I don't think this is your problem yet, but to clarify what cheeseh is saying in #3 , dedi's won't execute the rcbot_runplayer_cmd in time from the rcbot config.ini, it must be done manually before adding bots, or I assume thru a server cfg file perhaps. See this topic if you have crashes when adding bots or when players join your server... It's also a SteamCMD topic...

http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index....ost&p=12145
+Quote Post
HulkBogan
post Aug 18 2013, 05:59 AM
Post #6

QUOTE(madmax2 @ Aug 17 2013, 11:33 PM) *

Hi HulkBogan,

I think this is in the wrong place...

Move the HPB_Bot2.dll into the bin folder next to the dod folder... Thats the correct location....

The bot_mods.ini looks ok to me...

Oh, and don't worry about the slash thing, it's backwards in the console messege, i noticed that to when I first installed... heh heh...

I can't answer your question about multiple rented servers, tho , thats a bit over my head, rolleyes.gif ...

btw, welcome to the RCbot forum... wink.gif

max

[edit] I see something else too, "VAC secure mode activated". rcbot needs to be run in insecure mode. add -insecure to your launch options or shortcut.

Thanks Max. I tried your suggestion. I didnt get any further. Here is the result...
CODE

VAC secure mode disabled.
plugin_load HPB_bot2.dll
[RCBOT] Found interface INTERFACEVERSION_PLAYERINFOMANAGER IPlayerInfoManager pl
ayerinfomanager
Trying... VFileSystem022
in bot config folder
[BOT ERROR] Mod not found. Please edit the bot_mods.ini in the bot config folder

steamdir = DODServer
gamedir = dod
Failed to load plugin "HPB_bot2.dll"
Unable to load plugin "HPB_bot2.dll"

I am running insecure now but still cant get RCBot to find the mod.
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Aug 18 2013, 06:05 AM
Post #7

RCBot Guru

See my edit2 above, but i don't think thats the problem U are having now. Have U tried loading the rcbot plugin from a rcbot2.vdf? Instead of plugin_load

This is how to do it from vdf (it's linux, but its the same)....

http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index....ost&p=12159

But don't do both plugin_load and this, it will load the bot twice & fail....

What is the current path you have to the HPB_Bot2.dll ?
+Quote Post
HulkBogan
post Aug 18 2013, 08:54 AM
Post #8

QUOTE(madmax2 @ Aug 18 2013, 01:05 AM) *

See my edit2 above, but i don't think thats the problem U are having now. Have U tried loading the rcbot plugin from a rcbot2.vdf? Instead of plugin_load
This is how to do it from vdf (it's linux, but its the same)....

http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index....ost&p=12159

But don't do both plugin_load and this, it will load the bot twice & fail....

What is the current path you have to the HPB_Bot2.dll ?

I still end up with this...
CODE
Game.dll loaded for "Day of Defeat"
ayerinfomanager
Trying... VFileSystem022
in bot config folder

steamdir = DODServer
gamedir = dod
Failed to load plugin "..\bin\HPB_Bot2.dll"
maxplayers set to 32

My server paths are currently as follows,

HPB_bot2.dll is located.....D:\DODServer\bin\HPB_bot2.dll

RCBot folder is located....D:\DODServer\dod\rcbot2 (I have also tried it at D:\DODServer\rcbot2)

Waypoints are located....D:\DODServer\dod\rcbot2\waypoints\dod

My bot_mods.ini file reads...

mod = DOD
steamdir = DODServer
gamedir = dod
bot = DOD

Im still not having luck. Thanks for anything you come up with.
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Aug 18 2013, 09:49 AM
Post #9

Admin

it's not finding the bot_mods.ini

RCBot folder is located....D:\DODServer\dod\rcbot2 (I have also tried it at D:\DODServer\rcbot2)

can you change the location of the rcbot2 folder?

the rcbot folder should be in your user folder with this version. I'm not sure about leased servers, What I think might work is putting your rcbot2 folder in your home folder in your leased server, I thought you should have one none the less.

This was a temporary fix as the cahnge to steampipe would have left you with two separate rcbot folders for non steampiped and steampiped mods
+Quote Post
HulkBogan
post Aug 18 2013, 09:57 PM
Post #10

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Aug 18 2013, 04:49 AM) *

it's not finding the bot_mods.ini
can you change the location of the rcbot2 folder?

the rcbot folder should be in your user folder with this version. I'm not sure about leased servers, What I think might work is putting your rcbot2 folder in your home folder in your leased server, I thought you should have one none the less.

This was a temporary fix as the cahnge to steampipe would have left you with two separate rcbot folders for non steampiped and steampiped mods

I installed the rcbot folder to the user directory and it produces the same errors about modification not found. Is there any way to change RCBot so that it will load from the root steamcmd folder? For dedicated server owners, you are rarely given access to the machine's user folders and are commonly only given access to your game folder root folder so you can install custom maps, models, or whatever. Generally speaking, you only have enough "system permissions" to restart your server and work within the game folders on the machine. For myself, in this experiment, I am running this on a machine that I own and have access to anything on it and it still will not work for me. Any thoughts? I appreciate the help guys.
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Sep 14 2013, 12:20 AM
Post #11

Admin

QUOTE(HulkBogan @ Aug 18 2013, 10:57 PM) *

I installed the rcbot folder to the user directory and it produces the same errors about modification not found. Is there any way to change RCBot so that it will load from the root steamcmd folder? For dedicated server owners, you are rarely given access to the machine's user folders and are commonly only given access to your game folder root folder so you can install custom maps, models, or whatever. Generally speaking, you only have enough "system permissions" to restart your server and work within the game folders on the machine. For myself, in this experiment, I am running this on a machine that I own and have access to anything on it and it still will not work for me. Any thoughts? I appreciate the help guys.

Hi HB, long time , been busy. Well I made a new DLL file here http://filebase.bots-united.com/index.php?...view&id=461 it expects the rcbot2 folder to be in the folder above the mod, i.e. in steamapps/common for steampiped mods or steamapps/<email> for non steampiped mods if your mod is installed in C:\server\Day of defeat , then rcbot2 folder should be in c:\server with this dll

notice with the home folder version or any version, it should have this error when loading in the console :
Reading bot profile "C:\Users\<name>\rcbot2\profiles\32.ini"
[RCBot] file not found/opening error 'C:\Users\<name>\rcbot2\profiles\33.ini' mode r
[RCBot] failed to make folders for C:\Users\<name>\rcbot2\profiles\33.ini
[RCBot] Bot profile "C:\Users\<name>\rcbot2\profiles\33.ini" not found

so it will tell you where it is looking
+Quote Post
Claw99
post Mar 9 2014, 05:18 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 2,328

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Sep 13 2013, 08:20 PM) *

Hi HB, long time , been busy. Well I made a new DLL file here http://filebase.bots-united.com/index.php?...view&id=461 it expects the rcbot2 folder to be in the folder above the mod, i.e. in steamapps/common for steampiped mods or steamapps/<email> for non steampiped mods if your mod is installed in C:\server\Day of defeat , then rcbot2 folder should be in c:\server with this dll

notice with the home folder version or any version, it should have this error when loading in the console :
Reading bot profile "C:\Users\<name>\rcbot2\profiles\32.ini"
[RCBot] file not found/opening error 'C:\Users\<name>\rcbot2\profiles\33.ini' mode r
[RCBot] failed to make folders for C:\Users\<name>\rcbot2\profiles\33.ini
[RCBot] Bot profile "C:\Users\<name>\rcbot2\profiles\33.ini" not found

so it will tell you where it is looking

Was this issue ever resolved? If so please post.... Thanks
+Quote Post
Claw99
post Mar 9 2014, 07:59 PM
Post #13

QUOTE(Claw99 @ Mar 9 2014, 01:18 PM) *

Was this issue ever resolved? If so please post.... Thanks

Hulk,
Were you able to get the issue resolved with running Rcbot2 on your DOD:S Dedicated stand alone server. It left off with Cheeseh writing a new DLL for the plugin. What happened after that. I'm tying to setup a stand alone server with the RCBot2 plugin but have not been a able to get it running. All of my folder locations seem to be correct because I can start the plugin however when I try to add bots it say's
[RCBot] Error, no map running or not dedicated server. But I can see the server is up with a map and I can join it. It's running on insecure mode and I run the rcbot_runplayer_cmd_dods 417 command afterwards. The error comes when I try to add bots using rcbotd addbot. rcbot command not recognized. Can you help?
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Mar 9 2014, 09:09 PM
Post #14

RCBot Guru

QUOTE(Claw99 @ Mar 9 2014, 11:59 AM) *

Hulk,
Were you able to get the issue resolved with running Rcbot2 on your DOD:S Dedicated stand alone server. It left off with Cheeseh writing a new DLL for the plugin. What happened after that. I'm tying to setup a stand alone server with the RCBot2 plugin but have not been a able to get it running. All of my folder locations seem to be correct because I can start the plugin however when I try to add bots it say's
[RCBot] Error, no map running or not dedicated server. But I can see the server is up with a map and I can join it. It's running on insecure mode and I run the rcbot_runplayer_cmd_dods 417 command afterwards. The error comes when I try to add bots using rcbotd addbot. rcbot command not recognized. Can you help?

Hi Claw99.

I don't think Hulk has been here for a while? There are others here running dedicated. As far as I know, yes it resolves issues with rented servers.

Typed this up offline before reading your latest post:

With .76 there are now 2 choices for rcbot2 dll's. The default for steampipe (HPB_Bot2.dll) with the rcbot2 folder located in the users home folder (ex: \users\[user name]\rcbot2). Or the HPB_Bot2o.dll for the old location for the rcbot2 folder, next to the mod or game folder (ex: next to the "Day of Defeat Source" folder in steamapps\common, or steamCMD or server?). For a local/LAN PC, I think either dll/location will work, but to be sure, you might want to use the HPB_Bot2o.dll...

I should mention, there was a bug in the HPB_Bot2o.dll that came with the installer, it would not work on a listenserver. Cheeseh fixed it, use the one from the filebase from the link above, they are not the same.

The profiles error in the console can be used as a clue to where the dll is looking for the rcbot2 folder and the bot_mods.ini. So that will depend on which dll you are using. For dedi servers, the bot_mods.ini needs to be set correctly, and that depends on what your folders are named.

I think most all the info you need is in this thread, or there is a link to it (crashing when players join or adding bots, the rcbot_runplayer_cmd_dod value must be entered manually, it won't work from the config.ini on dedi servers, see my post near the top of this thread).

If you still can't get it going, post a few details about your setup, what is the symptom or problem. Also, is this for a local/LAN/PC or rented, which dll you are using, path to the rcbot2 folder, the dod section of the bot_mods.ini (I think that is what you are installing?), console output errors, etc...

It may not be finding the bot_mods ini or rcbot2 folder? Which dll are you using? Post at least this info:

which dll you are using, path to the rcbot2 folder, the dod section of the bot_mods.ini (I think that is what you are installing?), console output errors

[edit] Oh, i forgot, make sure sv_cheats is enabled, otherwise bots will not join...

madmax2
+Quote Post
Claw99
post Mar 10 2014, 12:39 PM
Post #15

QUOTE(madmax2 @ Mar 9 2014, 05:09 PM) *

Hi Claw99.

I don't think Hulk has been here for a while? There are others here running dedicated. As far as I know, yes it resolves issues with rented servers.

Typed this up offline before reading your latest post:
It may not be finding the bot_mods ini or rcbot2 folder? Which dll are you using? Post at least this info:
[edit] Oh, i forgot, make sure sv_cheats is enabled, otherwise bots will not join...

madmax2

Thanks for your reply Max!

This is for a dedicated server that is not being rented. I'm using HPB_Bot2.DLL (the one Cheeseh re-wrote for Dedi Servers).

My Folder hierarchy Is as follows:

DOD:S Server Folder c:\srcds

RCBot2 Folder c:\rcbot2

HPB_Bot2.dll sits in c:\srcds\bin\

My bot_mods.ini is setup with:
#
mod = DOD
steamdir = srcds
gamedir = dod
bot = DOD
#
When I start SteamCMD I run in -insecure mode.
Then I run plugin_load bin/HPB_Bot2o (the plugin loads successfully)
Then I run rcbot_runplayer_cmd_dods 417 (this is also successful)
Then I try to add a bot using rcbotd addbot I get the error:

[RCBot] Error, no map running or not dedicated server

This is driving me nuts! ohmy.gif
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks for the help!

+Quote Post
Claw99
post Mar 10 2014, 01:11 PM
Post #16

QUOTE(Claw99 @ Mar 10 2014, 08:39 AM) *

Thanks for your reply Max!

This is for a dedicated server that is not being rented. I'm using HPB_Bot2.DLL (the one Cheeseh re-wrote for Dedi Servers).

My Folder hierarchy Is as follows:

DOD:S Server Folder c:\srcds

RCBot2 Folder c:\rcbot2

HPB_Bot2.dll sits in c:\srcds\bin\

My bot_mods.ini is setup with:
#
mod = DOD
steamdir = srcds
gamedir = dod
bot = DOD
#
When I start SteamCMD I run in -insecure mode.
Then I run plugin_load bin/HPB_Bot2o (the plugin loads successfully)
Then I run rcbot_runplayer_cmd_dods 417 (this is also successful)
Then I try to add a bot using rcbotd addbot I get the error:

[RCBot] Error, no map running or not dedicated server

This is driving me nuts! ohmy.gif
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks for the help!

Also I'm using HPB_Bot2o. Cheeseh re-wrote it for Hulkbogen who was having similar problems. Should I not be using this dll?
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Mar 10 2014, 06:53 PM
Post #17

RCBot Guru

QUOTE(Claw99 @ Mar 10 2014, 05:11 AM) *

Also I'm using HPB_Bot2o. Cheeseh re-wrote it for Hulkbogen who was having similar problems. Should I not be using this dll?

This might be obvious, but you must start a map before adding bots, try that first.

But assuming it's not that, are you getting any console messages like hulks posts above? Post any messages about the bot mods ini (steamdir & gamedir). I'm not sure if the rcbot2 folder can be in the root, but you would have to be using the HPB_bot2o dll for that. What is the path to the dod mod folder?

Since I don't have any experience with steam/source dedi servers, to any of you guys running rcbot2 on dedi, feel free to jump in & help, I won't be offended... wink.gif
+Quote Post
Claw99
post Mar 11 2014, 01:04 AM
Post #18

QUOTE(madmax2 @ Mar 10 2014, 02:53 PM) *

This might be obvious, but you must start a map before adding bots, try that first.

But assuming it's not that, are you getting any console messages like hulks posts above? Post any messages about the bot mods ini (steamdir & gamedir). I'm not sure if the rcbot2 folder can be in the root, but you would have to be using the HPB_bot2o dll for that. What is the path to the dod mod folder?

Since I don't have any experience with steam/source dedi servers, to any of you guys running rcbot2 on dedi, feel free to jump in & help, I won't be offended... wink.gif

We got it working!!! We figured out that I was running the map before starting up the plugin. duh..... We just put the plugin_load bin\hpb_bot2o and the rcbot_runplayer_cmd_dods 417 In the modsettings.cfg because it runs the plugins before the map starts and boom it works. Thanks for the help.
+Quote Post
Claw99
post Mar 13 2014, 12:27 AM
Post #19

QUOTE(Claw99 @ Mar 10 2014, 09:04 PM) *

We got it working!!! We figured out that I was running the map before starting up the plugin. duh..... We just put the plugin_load bin\hpb_bot2o and the rcbot_runplayer_cmd_dods 417 In the modsettings.cfg because it runs the plugins before the map starts and boom it works. Thanks for the help.

It's working great! Thanks. I do have one more question... Is there way to have the bots use only melee weapons? So the Axis Bots use Spades and the Allies use Knives ? Thanks
+Quote Post
SPYderman
post Mar 13 2014, 02:30 AM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,299

QUOTE(Claw99 @ Mar 13 2014, 12:27 AM) *

It's working great! Thanks. I do have one more question... Is there way to have the bots use only melee weapons? So the Axis Bots use Spades and the Allies use Knives ? Thanks

It's a config in the bot launcher, or you can just type rcbot_melee_only or something, should pop up when you type rcbot and start scrolling(rcbotd if on server).
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:26 PM