IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Jetpack Flag ?, Would it be possible ?
Lyran
post May 1 2004, 04:39 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 295

Hi everyone.

This post is mostly for anyone involved in the creation of RCBots and/or the concept of waypoints/paths/flags.

Ok, it's been a few days now that I'm finally familiar with waypointing and finally able to do "decent" work with such results.

I was thinking about something though. If it would be possible to add a Flag, in the waypoint_menu, I'd guess, to make it so any RCBot would use their Jetpack from that "x" Flag to a "y" Flag that would tell "stop Jetpack here and neutral/crouch/jump" (For example, a Bot would walk in a corridor. In that corridor, on one side there's a vents on the wall, let's say adjacent to that corridor's ceiling. To acces it, a waypoint is placed on the ground, facing the vent, with a Jetpack Flag. If the Bot has a Jetpack and walks on the waypoint, let's say he has "x" % chances to use his Jetpack and reach the vent. But to enter it, he should be able to crouch, then stops the Jetpack and the Bot starts to follow regular Crouch Flag'ed waypoints in that vent).

It's just a fast way to see this. Perhaps another approach would be possible. Maybe for other use than vents. But I was just thinking it would be cool to improve the Bots' abilities beyond simple walking/running/crouch/jump and make them use the Jetpack. Just my 2 cents here smile.gif

Any comments ? Thanks for your time. Cya smile.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post May 1 2004, 01:47 PM
Post #2

Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

There is already one rolleyes.gif use the fly waypoint tongue.gif

CODE

FLY
--------------

Tells the bot it can fly here.

+Quote Post
Lyran
post May 1 2004, 09:04 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 295

blink.gif

Wow I guess I completely missed it huh.gif

lol...well, thanks a lot ! laugh.gif
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:49 AM