Member No.: 1

before release of the next version please test this dll

updated may 7th 2013

07 May 2013
-----------
all mods : changes for linux - linux filesystem fixes
tf2 : scouts jump around sometimes from waypoint to waypoint
tf2 : extra spy checking, bots might melee friendlies searching for spies
all mods : fixed bug when bots wouldn't change weapon when they were out of ammo
all mods : aiming system changes, better aiming, especially for stationary targets

http://rcbot.bots-united.com/downloads/RCB...73_2BetaDLL.zip

====
dod:s : fixes bots not seeing properly through windows
dod:s : fix bots not proning on sniper spots
dod:s : bots don't run away from smoke grenades
dod:s : bots aim for the head if visible (more deadly)
tf2 : spy detection changes, bots shouldn't be able to redetect the same spy if if has changed disguise
tf2 : simple spy checking - bots melee the air, pyros fire flamethrower
tf2 : update bot shooting fov
tf2 : bots don't listen to cloaked spies
tf2 : fixed sniper bug with snipers running on the spot
tf2 : changes to spy detection and engi building
tf2 : fixed engis not placing moved objects (esp. dispensers)
all mods : new waypoint type "fall" (fall damage)
all mods : fixed crash in debug hud with looktask string error
all mods : fixed bad memory allocation errors
all mods : reliability fix for cfindpath task
all mods : more debug hud info
all mods : debug crash fixes
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Fillmore
post May 4 2013, 01:41 PM
Post #2

RCBot Guru

Group: Waypointers
Member No.: 1,511

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ May 4 2013, 09:21 AM) *

http://rcbot.bots-united.com/downloads/RCBot2_073BetaDLL.zip

====
dod:s : fixes bots not seeing properly through windows
dod:s : bots don't run away from smoke grenades
dod:s : bots aim for the head if visible (more deadly)
tf2 : spy detection changes, bots shouldn't be able to redetect the same spy if if has changed disguise
tf2 : simple spy checking - bots melee the air, pyros fire flamethrower
tf2 : update bot shooting fov
tf2 : bots don't listen to cloaked spies
tf2 : fixed sniper bug with snipers running on the spot
tf2 : changes to spy detection and engi building
tf2 : fixed engis not placing moved objects (esp. dispensers)
all mods : new waypoint type "fall" (fall damage)
all mods : fixed crash in debug hud with looktask string error
all mods : fixed bad memory allocation errors
all mods : reliability fix for cfindpath task
all mods : more debug hud info
all mods : debug crash fixes

As if espionage wasn't difficult enough, now the bots are slowly learning the art of spychecking. They should listen to cloaked spies in terms of uncloaking, though. Also, can that DOD:s head-aiming be implemented for TF2 Snipers?
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post May 4 2013, 02:06 PM
Post #3

Admin

Group: Admin

QUOTE(Fillmore @ May 4 2013, 02:41 PM) *

As if espionage wasn't difficult enough, now the bots are slowly learning the art of spychecking. They should listen to cloaked spies in terms of uncloaking, though. Also, can that DOD:s head-aiming be implemented for TF2 Snipers?

sure it can. I will try to improve sniper aiming in tf2

what i meants before was that bots don't listen to cloaked spies pressing the 'attack' key. at the moment there is no simple way to detect if a person has fired a shot so bogts can take notice. so bots just monitor the attack key of players. the problem is sometimes people don't do anything when the press attack (e.g. when they are cloaked) or if they do something uninteresting (e.g. heal a player or upgrade a building) . What happened before was that bots would turn around and look at you behind them even if you were cloaked and didn't know you were there until you pressed the attack key which actually in fact did nothing.
+Quote Post
Fillmore
post May 4 2013, 02:29 PM
Post #4

RCBot Guru

Member No.: 1,511

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ May 4 2013, 02:06 PM) *

sure it can. I will try to improve sniper aiming in tf2

what i meants before was that bots don't listen to cloaked spies pressing the 'attack' key. at the moment there is no simple way to detect if a person has fired a shot so bogts can take notice. so bots just monitor the attack key of players. the problem is sometimes people don't do anything when the press attack (e.g. when they are cloaked) or if they do something uninteresting (e.g. heal a player or upgrade a building) . What happened before was that bots would turn around and look at you behind them even if you were cloaked and didn't know you were there until you pressed the attack key which actually in fact did nothing.

Oh, so that's what it meant.
+Quote Post
madmax2
post May 4 2013, 04:35 PM
Post #5

RCBot Guru

Member No.: 2,162

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ May 4 2013, 02:21 AM) *

Cool, i will test today... awsome, that you fixed the windows problem so fast.... smile.gif

[edit] bots are seeing thru all those problem windows on dod_flash perfectly now, even at long distance. I think you got that problem licked.... wink.gif
+Quote Post
genmac
post May 5 2013, 02:13 AM
Post #6

RCBot Guru

Member No.: 2,098

Nice to know all snipers on dod_flash windows are totally ok now. Yeah definitely Cheeseh got it fixed for good! I was jumping for joy once the church sniper at dod_stug shot me with extreme anger and precision hehe.

Now I'm having some near sighted snipers issues at dod_donner narrow windows. They can shoot me if I'm like 5 feet away directly in front of the windows so I think I need to buy my snipers some glasses LoL! One sniper is totally blind probably I need to put the wpt in a perpendicular manner againts the window as most of them are anyway and add some more unreachable wpts I personally call now as, shooting guides.

Yo Cheeseh can you still boost it up further their viewing thing for sniping bots behind these narrow windows since dods stock and custom maps has so many of them?

Also boost their accuracy and reaction time seems their not accurate enough so far it takes more than 3 shots
to hit their target, that's for snipers using these almost max out profiles. For mg's still have to check them out.

Ok their not near sighted just shoot at eye level only near or far on this 2 specific windows at donner near axis base. they can't shoot far low so I'll probably just delete those if I can't really make them shoot the way their supposed to.
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post May 5 2013, 07:02 AM
Post #7

Admin

it may have something to do with their FOV when looking through the scope maybe they don't see you... not sure. Anyway I'm completely revamping the aiming for the bots, they aim much better now and a bit more realistic. Changing the bot's aim skill will be more useful now and more noticeable

I can't really boost anything because it's an all or nothing sort of thing, they either see you or they don't, all I did was change the traceline collision group, for some reason the window was stopping the traceline , I'm guessing there is a player clip on the window. I'm not a mapper for HL2 but I used to map for HL1, I wish I knew a bit more on the mapping side.

It would be good to get a group of programmers and mappers together on this kind of thing. I was thinking of another website but bots-united should be more than enough, if we could get more people to participate again .
+Quote Post
genmac
post May 6 2013, 12:04 AM
Post #8

RCBot Guru

Now we can't wait to test 0.73a or something hehe with the new aiming feature.

Yeah seems some maps have some weird stuff limiting most of the bot's view on some of these darn windows. But most at donner's windows are perfect no problem at all, tnc god. Will do further test and wpt finetuning once the new dll is out.

Speaking of hl mapping specifically cs, here's my old map I made ions ago, yeah I'm doing a shameless map pimping laugh.gif
It's the very first de_dust mirrored/flipped/reversed version ever made.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2c8MYuP0cg

Programmer and mappers...oh man I really wish the likes of PMB, botman etc would post by here but seems their so busy on their work. Botman I think still works at gearbox right? But you're doing a heck of a fine job Cheeseh so don't worry too much about our whinning tongue.gif

Source Mapping looks pretty intimidating to learn especially the lighting stuff.
+Quote Post
madmax2
post May 6 2013, 04:52 AM
Post #9

RCBot Guru

Cheeseh:

I think i'm still seeing this with .73beta...? It was an axis sniper, standing on a axis/sniper/mg/prone wpt on dod_flash near allied first flag , facing allied base direction. the mg prones there fine... maybe it's just on combo flaged wpts? anyone else seen this??

also, I think I may be seeing rocket classes shooting high because of unreachables, like they are aiming at those instead of the target beyond??

One more thing, I can post a demo of this.. It may only happen when waypoints are on? I havn't noticed it without wpts on, yet? I've seen it with sniper and I think it was rifleman classes. they get locked into a funny mode of take a few steps then hop, repeat. it happens on & between wpts... once killed they snap out of it for a while, but i think i saw the same bot doing it again in the same round once...heh heh...

[edit]
http://www.fileden.com/files/2012/7/14/332...ping_sniper.rar

wpts are on, but they dont show properly in the demo. also the demo was done with .72, but i'm certain I saw this with .73beta yesterday... it was happening enough, i kinda started ignoring it, so i'll try to look for it more, especially with wpts off... An open path a bot cant get thru to reach a goal in another part of the map, wouldn't cause this to happen to a different bot some place else in the map, would it? Just wondering, cause i have that open path for axis at the stairs, in the sniper perch (flash), to keep them in there. I thought it might mess thier brains up some? blink.gif heh heh...
[edit]

genmac:
Programmer and mappers...oh man I really wish the likes of PMB, botman etc would post by here but seems their so busy on their work. Botman I think still works at gearbox right? But you're doing a heck of a fine job Cheeseh so don't worry too much about our whinning

Yep, I second that... you're doin great... and sometimes RL takes priorty... I think some of them guys fell into the RL black hole or something tho... laugh.gif I think drevil & crapshoot over at the OB site might still be around... I need to go check on that, haven't played ET for a while now. first bot I wpted with that used radius's. but I couldn't do the scripting very well after ob.6 came out....
+Quote Post
darkranger
post May 6 2013, 07:07 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,254

i can confirm that this version is working again on DODS dedicated server. smile.gif
thanks a lot!
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post May 7 2013, 01:11 AM
Post #11

Admin

I've updated thie first post with the new beta dll .

it has these changes:

CODE

07 May 2013
-----------
tf2 : scouts jump around sometimes from waypoint to waypoint
tf2 : extra spy checking, bots might melee friendlies searching for spies
all mods : fixed bug when bots wouldn't change weapon when they were out of ammo
all mods : aiming system changes, better aiming, especially for stationary targets

you can test the new 'aiming' ! I played a bit on dod:s on anzio, and the allies took a while to win but they did it eventually the first time. after that the axis kept getting r*ped from the allies ...!
+Quote Post
genmac
post May 7 2013, 06:03 AM
Post #12

RCBot Guru

Seems the aiming did improve. Tested it on dod_stug church tower sniper.
It can easily hit me now more naturally in one shot when I'm closer.
When I'm further away sometime it takes about 2-3 shots.
Here's a demo...
http://www.mediafire.com/?3fp7esym12n9wbz
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post May 7 2013, 07:06 AM
Post #13

Admin

QUOTE(genmac @ May 7 2013, 07:03 AM) *

Seems the aiming did improve. Tested it on dod_stug church tower sniper.
It can easily hit me now more naturally in one shot when I'm closer.
When I'm further away sometime it takes about 2-3 shots.
Here's a demo...
http://www.mediafire.com/?3fp7esym12n9wbz

cool. by the way I addded a new debug cvar

you need to use rcbot debug bot<botname> for this,

go to a sniper waypoint and use "rcbot debug givetask snipe"

it will make the bot go there and try sniping from that location

also maybe I should make a forum for demos that you can upload, cos mediafire is blocked in this country and when I access it by another means, chrome blocks it too !

I managed to get the demo and had a look though, was the bot out of ammo at the end? smile.gif
+Quote Post
genmac
post May 7 2013, 07:51 AM
Post #14

RCBot Guru

Yeah the bot suddenly stop shooting when it called for support.
I did saw them change to pistol when their primary ran out of ammo.

"rcbot debug givetask snipe"...this will be very handy for faster testing.

I tested it again on dod_anzio church tower snipers.
Had to add some connected unreachables to make their shooting more effective
after that their much more better and more responsive near or far, both sides.
Will test the rest of the sniping spots for all stock maps.

Oh I can't upload the tweaked anzio wpt here ran out of space hehe.
Will try fileden as Max suggested.
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post May 7 2013, 08:52 AM
Post #15

Admin

QUOTE(genmac @ May 7 2013, 08:51 AM) *

Yeah the bot suddenly stop shooting when it called for support.
I did saw them change to pistol when their primary ran out of ammo.

"rcbot debug givetask snipe"...this will be very handy for faster testing.

I tested it again on dod_anzio church tower snipers.
Had to add some connected unreachables to make their shooting more effective
after that their much more better and more responsive near or far, both sides.
Will test the rest of the sniping spots for all stock maps.

Oh I can't upload the tweaked anzio wpt here ran out of space hehe.
Will try fileden as Max suggested.

hmm okay I guess he was just out of ammo and just looked at you thinking his pistol wouldn't be very useful up there...

As for unreachables, they shouldn't really affect sniping, they should affect those people getting sniped though as they know where to run away from. You should connect normal waypoints to unreachables rather than the other way around which will let bots look at dangerous points.

Another thing for next release is to improve ladder climbing , I noticed they had trouble on dod_stug

what I've done is to use the ladder waypoint yaw to make sure bots always look in the right direction when climbing, so check your waypoints that the ladder waypoint yaws are facing the ladder. I've tried this out and the bots are climbing like pro's now
+Quote Post
genmac
post May 7 2013, 09:30 AM
Post #16

RCBot Guru

I see...but somehow the unreachables helped the snipers without it they really don't shoot at longer distance.

The climbing thing seems random. Sometimes they get it right up the first try and sometimes it takes more tries until they get tired trying and just moved on. Also ladders that are angled a little seems kinda problematic like that of dod_stug.
+Quote Post
madmax2
post May 8 2013, 07:21 PM
Post #17

RCBot Guru

QUOTE(genmac @ May 7 2013, 02:30 AM) *

I see...but somehow the unreachables helped the snipers without it they really don't shoot at longer distance.

Yeah, I thought this was happening too. Connecting a sniper wpt with a path to a unreachable near the target area, seemed to help snipers locate targets. Especially for long distance targets.

Umm, i'm seeing some prone wpt issues with this latest dll?... see here for details...
http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/index....ost&p=11721

[edit]
Ok, I observed the prone wpt mg's closer. It's sorta an intermitant problem? I'd say they do it better than 50% of the time. I think it's new with the latest beta. I went back and tried the first 73beta dll and did not see them doing the hopping thing on prone/mg wpts. If they start the hopping thing, I don't think they are able to prone on the mg/prone wpt. Otherwise they can prone sometimes.

Here are the dod_flash locations i've seen it on so far:

http://www.fileden.com/files/2012/7/14/332...age/mg_hop1.jpg

http://www.fileden.com/files/2012/7/14/332...age/mg_hop2.jpg

http://www.fileden.com/files/2012/7/14/332...age/mg_hop3.jpg

Usually they prone on the normal wpt before, which is normal, before walking to the mg/prone wpt, and start hopping...

and here is a demo...

http://www.fileden.com/files/2012/7/14/332...hopping2_mg.rar

With the previous versions, if they couldn't get proned the first time, they would just stand up, try again, and usually get proned the second time. Now, they never get to the proned position if they start the hopping thing, it seems. They just go to the wpt & start hopping...
+Quote Post
genmac
post May 9 2013, 04:57 AM
Post #18

RCBot Guru

the hopping bug has been happening way back 0.71 on certain few sniper wpts. I forgot to report it since wasn't too much of annoyance then but now based of Max's pics seems their doing it a lot. tried putting some unreachables but didn't help they still hop when they don't go prone or stand sniping. Also I think that happens when I sniper is facing a path within his fov. Try changing the pathways.

@MAx try max out your sniper/mg profiles lets see if that helps.
+Quote Post
madmax2
post May 9 2013, 05:05 AM
Post #19

RCBot Guru

genmac,

With the first .73beta, i'm not seeing the hopping with mg's on the same wpts. they may stand up if they have difficulty getting set, but they don't get locked into this hopping thing. I think this is new with the mg's, sorta, it's like they are hung up on something??

@MAx try max out your sniper/mg profiles lets see if that helps.

I've been using your default profiles all day, but I havn't tried going back to cheeseh's profiles, if thats what you mean??

max
+Quote Post
genmac
post May 9 2013, 05:17 AM
Post #20

RCBot Guru

No I mean totally max out the snipers/mg profiles like this...

visionticks_clients = 32
visionticks = 255
pathticks = 255
braveness = 100
aimskill = 100
sensitivity = 20

That's how my snipers set lately hehe.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:08 PM