Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A full waypointing guide + hello
haim
post Apr 18 2005, 09:40 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 543

hi, im new here.. I dont know much about waypointing but I want to learn more. I'v noticed that there is no full waypointing guide so I decided to start a WP guide thread... I know how to make waypoints for whichbot only.. the Rcbot wp system is abit more complicated.

here is what i know:
first we need to see the waypoints... so we need to write in the console
/rcbot waypoint on
then we will be able to see the waypoints (blue lines)

now after we can see the waypoints we need to be able to see the pathes connecting the waypoints... so we need to write in the console
/rcbot pathwaypoint on
now we can see the pathes if we stand close enough to a waypoint

now we need to create a new waypoint
so stand in the place u want to create the waypoint and write in the console
/rcbot waypoint add

after we made a waypoint we need to connect it to another waypoint with a path so we need to stand near the waypoint we made and write in the console
/rcbot pathwaypoint create1

now we have a waypoint with a path that is waiting for us to connect it to another waypoint, so go to the place u want another waypoint and create a new waypoint.
when u finished to create the new waypoint write in the console
/rcbot pathwaypoint create2
and the 2 waypoints will be linked smile.gif

there are many other functions that i dont know how to use them like the waypoint menu, how to use the flags, how to make them build, attack, evolve (if they are aliens) plz tell me those things so i can add them to the guide thread
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
LordSkitch
post Apr 18 2005, 09:00 PM
Post #2

I cuddle with my bots.

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 291

There's a couple other guides started, and it is all listed around, but waypointing a map is more of an art than it is science, you have to get a feel for what you should do as you're doing it, there's hundreds of little quirks about the waypoints to learn.

I imagine there's enough data Sandy, Grunt, and I have collected to write an entire damn book on the subject.

I'd suggest you search these forums for 'tips', it'll probably get you what you're after

And you don't need slashes before all those things. And you need to bind them to keys otherwise it'll take you a year to waypoint a map. Getting them to build and stuff, that's not controlled by waypoints. All they're there is to get them from point A to point Z via all the other waypoints, they decide for themselves what to do between them. I dunno what else, I'm tired and my neck hurts. tongue.gif
+Quote Post
haim
post Apr 18 2005, 09:33 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 543

yeah i know that, i was just writing the slashes so it will look like a command

and thanks for ur advice smile.gif
and i hope ur neck will be fine biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Sandman[SA]
post Apr 19 2005, 07:51 AM
Post #4

RCBot Waypointer

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 19

QUOTE (LordSkitch @ Apr 18 2005, 09:00 PM)
I imagine there's enough data Sandy, Grunt, and I have collected to write an entire damn book on the subject.

Yeah, no $hit! Over the past 6+ years I have been playing HL, i've waypointed for HPB_bot (TFC & HLDM), FoXBoT (TFC), ABot (TFC), RCBot (NS) and WhichBot (NS) and i'm still learning new tricks to manipulate bots into doing what I want them to do. If we were to write a book on waypointing 101, I bet it would be a good one, lol.
+Quote Post
agentx5
post Mar 3 2007, 05:50 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 1,063

' date='Apr 19 2005, 07:51 AM' post='5036']
Yeah, no $hit! Over the past 6+ years I have been playing HL, i've waypointed for HPB_bot (TFC & HLDM), FoXBoT (TFC), ABot (TFC), RCBot (NS) and WhichBot (NS) and i'm still learning new tricks to manipulate bots into doing what I want them to do. If we were to write a book on waypointing 101, I bet it would be a good one, lol.

You should do that and sell it online! You might be suprised who'd buy it.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:25 PM