Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Converted Waypoints for RCbot-AngelScript, Updated & Tested for Git
madmax2
post Jul 28 2020, 09:15 PM
Post #101

RCBot Guru

Group: Waypointers
Member No.: 2,162

Here are 2 updated rcwa's to try, intended for newer builds of RCBotSven5 (tested on 7-25-2020 build). They may or may not work as well on older builds? I still need to test them on an old build and a slower PC (lower fps).

Last2.rcwa:
Bots were having a lot of trouble getting up and down the elevator cables, so made adjustments to the waypoints in that area. An occasional bot may fall, its nearly as good as before. They now jump straight to the edge from the cable and go around the broken door. Sometimes they hang a bit on that door, but usually go right around it. Fixed the long grapple to the generator button, and added a new jump down path. Some bots didn't seem to like the original pathing there, and would be stuck for a long time. And some tweaking at the boss room vent grates.

A new addition to this rcwa, bots can now grapple up to get the 357 handgun and ammo, not sure how much they will use it though. It was a tough grapple to waypoint, they just clear the railing, waypointing practice I guess. They will probably only go there once or twice a game, I saw 1 bot do it on the first full test game.

Last3.rcwa:
Reworked the waypoints at the large rotating gear (adjusted waypoint positions & paths), and added a new bypass path for the shortcut there. Bots were making it past the gear, but it didn't seem as good as before, they were missing the 2nd jump at the top nearly every attempt. I'd say its 70 to 90% success rate after making 1st jump to gear, maybe 50% overall, acceptable. A few other small tweaks. Changed the wpts at that buggy door the bots stop at. Sometimes they get through it on first attempt now, but still stop there for the door to cycle once, only slightly better than before...

Once Last4 is done, i'll update this pack again. I think Last is ok? It should be updated in the next couple days...

Attached File(s)
Attached File  last2_3_rcwa_pack.zip ( 15.67k ) Number of downloads: 3
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Aug 3 2020, 12:17 AM
Post #102

RCBot Guru

Group: Waypointers
Member No.: 2,162

Ok, here are 2 WIP converted rcwa's for SvenCoop map Last4

Fixed bots getting stuck in hole next to outside bunker, they should avoid that area.

Added some new movement options outside, bots can end the map given enough time (plant the C4), probably will happen within 10 minutes after C4 plant is available. I left it random, no special flags used.

Moved some elevated wpts & other wpts. Other tweaks/flag edits, etc...

Most time was spent on reworking/testing the front door waypoint config at Satellite Operations (main base). Initially bots will open the front door and go through it fast, no problem. but as time goes by some bots become less interested in going outside and turn around at the door to pick up items, which is ok as they often go outside after that. But some bots may appear stuck at the door for a minute, but given enough time will move, on its own. This was the main issue I was trying to fix, but with limited success. The front door path is now oneway, so once a bot goes outside it will stay outside until killed. Bots will still go up into the tower plenty, I actually tried to reduce that by removing an ammo & health flag there, and making the spawn room door bidirectional.

Thought I should post this rcwa, as I'm going to have less time to work on waypoints this month. wink.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  last4_rcwa_wip.zip ( 8.33k ) Number of downloads: 3
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

6 Pages V « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th August 2020 - 06:44 AM