Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Converted Waypoints for RCbot-AngelScript, Updated & Tested for Git
madmax2
post Jul 28 2020, 09:15 PM
Post #101

RCBot Guru

Group: Waypointers
Member No.: 2,162

Here are 2 updated rcwa's to try, intended for newer builds of RCBotSven5 (tested on 7-25-2020 build). They may or may not work as well on older builds? I still need to test them on an old build and a slower PC (lower fps).

Last2.rcwa:
Bots were having a lot of trouble getting up and down the elevator cables, so made adjustments to the waypoints in that area. An occasional bot may fall, its nearly as good as before. They now jump straight to the edge from the cable and go around the broken door. Sometimes they hang a bit on that door, but usually go right around it. Fixed the long grapple to the generator button, and added a new jump down path. Some bots didn't seem to like the original pathing there, and would be stuck for a long time. And some tweaking at the boss room vent grates.

A new addition to this rcwa, bots can now grapple up to get the 357 handgun and ammo, not sure how much they will use it though. It was a tough grapple to waypoint, they just clear the railing, waypointing practice I guess. They will probably only go there once or twice a game, I saw 1 bot do it on the first full test game.

Last3.rcwa:
Reworked the waypoints at the large rotating gear (adjusted waypoint positions & paths), and added a new bypass path for the shortcut there. Bots were making it past the gear, but it didn't seem as good as before, they were missing the 2nd jump at the top nearly every attempt. I'd say its 70 to 90% success rate after making 1st jump to gear, maybe 50% overall, acceptable. A few other small tweaks. Changed the wpts at that buggy door the bots stop at. Sometimes they get through it on first attempt now, but still stop there for the door to cycle once, only slightly better than before...

Once Last4 is done, i'll update this pack again. I think Last is ok? It should be updated in the next couple days...

Attached File(s)
Attached File  last2_3_rcwa_pack.zip ( 15.67k ) Number of downloads: 10
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Aug 3 2020, 12:17 AM
Post #102

RCBot Guru

Ok, here are 2 WIP converted rcwa's for SvenCoop map Last4

Fixed bots getting stuck in hole next to outside bunker, they should avoid that area.

Added some new movement options outside, bots can end the map given enough time (plant the C4), probably will happen within 10 minutes after C4 plant is available. I left it random, no special flags used.

Moved some elevated wpts & other wpts. Other tweaks/flag edits, etc...

Most time was spent on reworking/testing the front door waypoint config at Satellite Operations (main base). Initially bots will open the front door and go through it fast, no problem. but as time goes by some bots become less interested in going outside and turn around at the door to pick up items, which is ok as they often go outside after that. But some bots may appear stuck at the door for a minute, but given enough time will move, on its own. This was the main issue I was trying to fix, but with limited success. The front door path is now oneway, so once a bot goes outside it will stay outside until killed. Bots will still go up into the tower plenty, I actually tried to reduce that by removing an ammo & health flag there, and making the spawn room door bidirectional.

Thought I should post this rcwa, as I'm going to have less time to work on waypoints this month. wink.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  last4_rcwa_wip.zip ( 8.33k ) Number of downloads: 12
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Aug 9 2020, 08:15 AM
Post #103

RCBot Guru

Updated sc_doc rcwa & script...

Script: Fixed the Sector E door wedge issue. Now bots won't skip wedging the door. 2 bots will be able to use the wheel and wedge the door fairly quickly, usually no more than 2 attempts. I only saw a bot go past the door once, but it immediately returned and wedged the door. More details in the readme, but found a breakable entity for the door wedge. Not sure why I didn't notice that before, lol... ohmy.gif

Added comments/descriptions to the script

Rcwa: Mostly minor tweaks, but did move a path and waypoint to help bots get into the fan vent better. At the ladder inside the vent, removed an important flag on the bottom ladder wpt causing a script error, and a staynear flag on same wpt causing bots ladder climbing problems. At 2nd HT, added crouch flag to the jump wpt there and a wpt under switch. At far end of cavern jumps, removed a crouch flag from a staynear wpt on top of vent.

Bots are still making the cavern jumps good on this map... wink.gif
(tested on 7-25-2020 build)

Attached File(s)
Attached File  sc_doc_rcwa_script.zip ( 5.09k ) Number of downloads: 12
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Aug 11 2020, 12:04 AM
Post #104

RCBot Guru

I converted my sc_activist rcw for angelscript rcbot, and added more movement options for the bots. There are a lot of slow doors & buttons in this map, so I spent most of my time working on those doors, moving/adjusting wpt positions. I found most buttons worked better with an important givetype/flag. Bots just seem to see them better that way in this map. But waypoint position is just as critical, as important flags alone didn't always work. also, some oneway paths helped, not on the button wpts, but before that, to reduce bots backtracking to much (first upstairs slow door/button).

Bots will crouch in the lift, but will go down it shortly. I removed the openslater flag at the bottom of the lift because bots would be slow getting into the lift & spam the outside lift button. It just seemed better this way.

I fixed the fan vent with a new pain wpt configuration, so bots won't likely go there until after the biohazard event, and the fan turns off. I had to work on the wpts at that buggy door there too, bots slide along the wall there and the door opens for them. No jams there since I made both changes.

I changed some things in the biohazard/HEV room to help the new rcbots. Bots can get through the airlock both ways, but they do get a bit button happy in this room (like old rcbots did). 2 bots may get in the airlock, but one will likely get out in about 30 seconds. After the biohazard event, one bot may end up in the airlock for a short while but will get out on it's own, or a player can let it out. Bots will start going to the end of the map fairly quickly after the biohazard event (end/important wpts becomes visible to them), but they will need to kill off the enemies first. They will return to the biohazard/HEV room for armor/health mainly. If a bot enters the airlock, they usually do not go all the way in and turn around towards the end.

I did most all testing with 2 bots, so a single bot may or may not be stuck in the airlock longer? Sometimes a 2nd bot would open the airlock for the 1st bot. It could also be better with 1 bot, perhaps I'll test that later?

I did make a partial script, and may do more testing on that, but I think this is good as is, so have fun with it... smile.gif

I probably should update the first post some time soon... rolleyes.gif

(tested on 8-3-20 build)

Attached File(s)
Attached File  sc_activist_rcwa.zip ( 4.03k ) Number of downloads: 8
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Aug 17 2020, 02:06 AM
Post #105

RCBot Guru

Well I updated the sc_activist rcwa again and included an OPTIONAL script, it should be final. More details are in the readme...

Main changes to the rcwa are:
Changed the door wpts to a more standard config at the Upper Level Security door (removed Staynear on door wpt, and deleted extra wpt there). bots should go through the door better, but may take longer to press the door button.

Did some fixes to the fan vent and door (staynear now wait), bots should get in vent better/faster now. Fixed bots stalling in and at end of vent. Should not be any vent blockages now...

Tweaks at the HEV/Health chargers, and a few other minor things...

I reworked the airlock, I think this is better overall. There is a single crouch wpt inside the airlock now. A bot can pass another bot at the door openings better. It won't take long, and a bot will go use the eye-scanner, slip under the 1st door and usually makes it through the 2nd door when it opens. Anyways this seems to time out better, and fewer bots end up inside the airlock trying to get out. It was really a toss up between using a crouch wpt or a wait_noplayer wpt inside the airlock, both have their pros and cons...

sc_activist_off.ini:
There is a map error that fills the console when you reach the biohazard area (non-sprite glow?). I suspect it may be interfering with the script somehow? Example: When bots get to the computer console room, often they don't go to the console, don't press the button, and return to the chargers. Without the script, bots usually press the console button the first time they get there. They also seem to get caught in the airlock more. I verified the goals are switching on or off, the entitys are correct (had to noclip under the map to do the searches, due to map glow error).

Everything in the script is labeled, there are other options I tried, I left them in the script disabled #. Just change the hash mark if you wish to try those options, but I think what I have works best. All but 3 wpts in the script are set to non-entity (-1), so those important wpts are always available to the bots, Until the rcwa blocks backtracking with a oneway path. The script mainly reduces some repeated button pressing on 2 buttons and removes the console goal when completed. The button spamming isn't bad with no script, bots do good without the script.

So I DON'T recommend using the script, but you can try it if you like... Time to get back to working on crystal... wink.gif

(tested on 8-14-20 build)

Attached File(s)
Attached File  sc_activist_rcwa2_script.zip ( 6.13k ) Number of downloads: 6
+Quote Post
madmax2
post Aug 24 2020, 07:26 AM
Post #106

RCBot Guru

Improved Crystal Waypoint & Script

Copy & Paste from the readme:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
General info
----------------
The script is optional, without it bots will be a bit more aimless, but they can still do stuff, but not as fast. With the script bots will be better focused on goals, do things faster, and in a specific order, though I did try to add some random behavior. Either way, a player is needed to complete the map, bots can't do it alone.

crystal.ini - kinda still a WIP, but works good. it looks a bit messy with the notes in there, as I was trying different options. the order of the goals in the main part of the map could be set up at least 3 different ways.

3 places bots need a human player to continue forward in the map:
1. Human Tower on the box - player must position the box, player must go through vent, currently bots are unable to get into the vent
2. Puzzle Room - a player must move the pushable boxes, bots can press the buttons & wheels with or w/o the script
3. Lifts - I tried to get them to use the lifts, it wasn't reliable. since bots can't do the puzzle room alone, this is a control point

Firewall Buttons - they can do this with or w/o the script, but it may take a long time. w/o the script, the player should press the 2nd button there. with the script, bots won't run past the 2nd button more than once, I think they want to break the grate there first.

-----------------
Tips/suggestions
-----------------
Lifts - Occasionally bots will raise or lower a lift, but mostly not. Use the lifts as a control point. The right lift is up only, left down only. So before doing the puzzle room raise the left lift to prevent/block bots from going down it until you have completed the Puzzle Room. Then lower it and bots will fall down the lift shaft to go to the Final area. To get bots up the right lift, there are 2 ways. First I send bots up to destroy the defenses, you can do as many as 2 at a time. Get in behind a bot to keep it in, then press the button and ride up. Once it gets out, lower the lift to collect more bots. Of course you can help the bots destroy the defenses, the lift is fairly safe to duck in and out of. Once the defenses are destroyed go up there to help the bots with the puzzle room, but send the right lift back down to collect bots, and keep the left lift up to block bots from going down (occasionally they may lower the left lift, so keep checking it is up).

Puzzle Room - it is easier to do with the script, but still doable without a script. Bots will do the buttons first with the script, and it is best to do them first w/o the scrpt too. I recommend keeping the first box available, in case you need it to get the 2nd box. Bots crouch for the 2nd box, but don't easily stand up when you jump on top of them, and when they do they quickly crouch or run off, making it a difficult task. I found pushing the 1st box against the wall and floor ladder, to partly trap them, helps a bunch. If you can't get that to work, use the say command to tell bot "wait here". It doesn't even need to be in the room, it will come but won't crouch. Use the 1st box to get on the standing bot, climb up and push the 2nd box down. With the script, bots will share time between the HT and holding the wheels, so the rest is easy. Without the script you may want to use the say commands to do the Wheels.
Say [m00]h3n press this (for wheels or buttons)
Say [m00]h3n wait here (for the human tower)

When done, lower the lifts to release the bots, and you will be done with helping bots, they can finish the map from here...

have fun smile.gif

[Edit] crystal.ini:

If you are playing with 1 or 2 bots, you might want to change #WID 314 to the other option, which will make bots go to the vent/HT before going to the Test Lab, rather than at the same time. With 3 or more bots, don't change it.
CODE
# Control Panel to Disable Main Defense Turrets - Test Lab (bots go to HT first then test lab)
314, 288, 400, frame, =, 1
# 314, 272, 380, frame, = , 1

I haven't tested this yet, but I think having bots tower to get the cube in the puzzle room before holding the wheels can be scripted... Currently, the HT & wheels are enabled & disabled at the same time. To change it, try this...
CODE
# Puzzle Human Tower - MAIN COMPUTER ROOM
# 262, 270, 517, y, =, 2200
262, 270, 502, z, <, 600
#
# Puzzle Wheels - MAIN COMPUTER ROOM
# 236, 270, 517, y, =, 2200
# 233, 270, 517, y, =, 2200
236, 262, 517, y, =, 2200
233, 262, 517, y, =, 2200

That should make the player/bots get both cubes first, then use the wheels.

I'm working on crystal2 now... Still some work to do, but I have the bots doing most of the platform jumps and grapples.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  crystal_rcwa_script.zip ( 9.55k ) Number of downloads: 5
+Quote Post

6 Pages V « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic
7 User(s) are reading this topic (7 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st September 2020 - 03:12 PM