IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Using Other Bot type Waypoints??, Will this work?
zodiac
post Apr 2 2004, 05:15 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 276

Recently I realized that Whichbot has Waypoints for all of the NS3 COMBAT levels (just released). The question would be what would happen if I used those Waypoints for rcbot? Whichbot is designed for Aliens only and does not have the ability to spawn automatically (min & max) like rcbot but I was wondering if their waypoints would work. What would happen to the Marines? Would they follow the same waypoints or follow no waypoint since the waypoint was not written specifically for them? Would it only enhance the skill of the aliens within a map since it was written for them? I know that the Marines and Aliens are tied together with rcbot so I am interested to get your response on this. I am desperate for NS3 COMBAT level Waypoints.

Cheeseh?

Thanks
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Apr 2 2004, 06:11 PM
Post #2

Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Try opening the whichbot waypoints with notepad and edit the "Whichbot" text there to "RCBot". I dunno if that will work.. try anyway :-p. It should be easy to load other bots waypoints if I know their structure and can build it into the bot next time..smile.gif
+Quote Post
Sandman[SA]
post Apr 3 2004, 01:48 AM
Post #3

RCBot Waypointer

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 19

Actually, you could use whichbot waypoints for rcbot by renaming the .wpt file extention to .rcw and visa-versa. Ladder waypoints will need to be adjusted for the bot your using them for and lift waypoints for rcbot will have to be removed for whichbot. Other then that, they should work.
+Quote Post
zodiac
post Apr 3 2004, 04:20 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

I tried to open up the Whichbot files but there is not really any text to edit unless you mean the HPB_bot portion. Is this the part to edit? the rest seems to just be "code gook", please advise.

Here are the Whichbot waypoint files renamed to .rcw, maybe you can take a look at them and let me know what I need to do.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  wbwaypoints.rar ( 14.37k ) Number of downloads: 151
+Quote Post
zodiac
post Apr 3 2004, 04:27 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

OK, I answered my own question, I opened one of the rcbot waypoints and that I believe is defintely the entry that needs to be edited that you are referring to. As for adjustments to ladders and lifts, I will have to source that out. Is this in the Waypoint creation docs?
+Quote Post
Sandman[SA]
post Apr 3 2004, 07:36 AM
Post #6

RCBot Waypointer

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 19

Pretty much, yeah. Whichbots don't have lift support at all so if you move a rcbot wpt to wb, be sure to remove those lift wpt's. The ladder part is pretty simple. Nearly identical between the 2 bots but for wb, you need to elevate the wpt at the top of the ladder. For rcbot, that wpt should be level with the top of the ladder like you were standing on the top most rong.

Waypointing vents for rcbot are a bit of a pain to because rcbot aliens can't climb anything. The marines don't seem to have much of a problem with vents IF they have jetpacks and it's a strait shot in. Whichbots love vents and can climb everything but usually fail to build anything past the first five minutes of any given round.
+Quote Post
zodiac
post Apr 4 2004, 10:49 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Tried the Whichbot Waypoints with the RCBOT on Natural Selection version 3 Beta 3 COMBAT. Aliens are excellent, but the Marines are just terrible for COMBAT. It's almost comical. Any Waypointer devs want to take a stab at it?

Attached File(s)
Attached File  wbwaypoints.rar ( 14.37k ) Number of downloads: 135
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:31 AM