IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

16 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> RCBot 1.4 BETA, For NS 3.0 + other stuff (GET IT :P)
LordSkitch
post Apr 12 2005, 11:04 AM
Post #61

I cuddle with my bots.

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 291

Alright.. sad.gif They've gone braindead with every plugin I've put on since the newyear disabled, so I'm guessing it's none of the plugins.. Is it happening to anyone else? Am I cursed? What the crap.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Gruuunt
post Apr 13 2005, 04:23 AM
Post #62

Advanced Moron

Group: Waypointers
Member No.: 143

Dunno No 'Linux' version yet to test :Hint: :Hint: unsure.gif
+Quote Post
discrepant
post May 2 2005, 12:39 AM
Post #63

Group: Members
Member No.: 555

Yes, Linux. Mm. *additional hints* Waiting for that Linux compile. Eagerly.
+Quote Post
MarD
post May 3 2005, 07:20 PM
Post #64

RCBot Fan

Member No.: 419

Heyyo,

I'm not 100% certain, but at times I think bots 'skip' a waypoint onna route now.. I suggest you guys check into this too as it's just a supserstition cause at times they won't go to a certain waypoint n' just go right to the next one, as if there was a pathwaypoint connecting them (and yes, there was no pathwaypoint to begin with either)..

btw, started to waypoint the Operation Search & Destroy campaign, and it's somewhat bot-friendly.. the elevators tend to have holes in the tops of them for bots to drop into incase they leap down the elevator shaft, and the elevators are set to crush n' kill anybody blocking its path... only 1 major downside, at random it crashes if there's a couple of bots running around.. not exactly sure why, it doesn't crash on the 1st level, I don't think the 2nd either, but the 3rd n' up seem to have problems at times...

[EDIT]
oh, and no worries if you don't fix this anytime soon cheesh, I've picked up a copy of Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.. and IT HAS COOP! w00t! pretty much why I bought it.. but coop's incredible fun! doin' sweet coop moves like catapulting your buds up walls, rapelling a bud down walls, or even hang a bud from a wire while he hacks a computer/terminal mission impossible style. coop freak loves his coop!!! biggrin.gif

oh, and btw discrepant, cheesh released the source code to his bot, so just download it, n' make file with that gcc program, and it should spew out your needed .so file. wink.gif

This post has been edited by MarD: May 3 2005, 07:25 PM
+Quote Post
LordSkitch
post May 4 2005, 02:22 AM
Post #65

I cuddle with my bots.

If from a top view, it's like:

o------o------o o------o------o

o's being waypoints, -'s being paths, if their task changes as they're running down the path, like they hear an enemy, or see one, or get a command from a commander, they can continue on their trajectory until they find their new path to their target, and they'll use the closest waypoint to them to start that path.. so, after the third waypoint up there, a marine sees a skulk, the skulk redeems or something, and he'd touch that 4th waypoint and determine his new path from there...

Not sure that's exactly whats happening, but its a possibility..

SC3 was a little too short for my tastes, but I guess I'll have to go play multiplayer stuff on it for more fun tongue.gif
+Quote Post
DarthSailor
post May 4 2005, 11:03 PM
Post #66

Member No.: 509

Hey Cheeseh, you should add something to your site telling people that you've updated RCBot to work with 3.0+.

I've been checking the site for quite a while hoping for an update. I finally found this looking for another bot that would work with 3.0.

Thank god you got it going. I love RCBot!

P.S. This is the site I'm talking about:
http://rcbot.bots-united.com/
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post May 5 2005, 10:32 AM
Post #67

Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

its always been working with 3 though, only had some probelsm that i fixed and posted on the forum (right here tongue.gif)
+Quote Post
MarD
post May 5 2005, 04:16 PM
Post #68

RCBot Fan

Member No.: 419

Heyyo,

Hmm, that is a good theory Skitch, but this doesn't seem to be the case.. like, the waypoints are all connected one after another, but it just skips the waypoints and moves to the next, I saw it definately happen. I'll do a schematic:

B C
O-------O
|
|
|
OA

Ok, the bot wanted to get from A to C, the bot was right beside A, and started walking straight to C.. this's bad cause there's a whole between A and C and so the bot fell off the cliff. tongue.gif

Another problem has arisen while I was waypointing Operation Search & Destroy... for some reason at the bridge, the bots randomly walk off to the side of the waypoint, falls off the bridge and dies.. Now this happened at another small bridge part onna diff campaign I waypointed, but I can't remember the level's name, and I was able to counter it by just simply croutch movement, cause then the bot's barely moved to the side, and diddn't fall off the bridge. I think it might be because how the bot's can get pushed around by walls, and since there's a little bump from the bridge's wire's to the planks, I believe this is why they fall off. I'm gonna try some different waypointing techniques, and if they don't work I guess they'll croutch through the bridge.
+Quote Post
LordSkitch
post May 5 2005, 07:18 PM
Post #69

I cuddle with my bots.

Easiest way to figure out...

rcbot debug_bot bot "botname"

So like, for example on my server:

rcbot debug_bot bot "[rc] the goddess sarah"

Watch to see if their task changes from BOT_TASK_FIND_PATH to something on the order of one of these...

BOT_TASK_RUN_FOR_COVER
BOT_TASK_NORMAL_ATTACK
BOT_TASK_SEARCH_FOR_ENEMY

They'll make em deviate..

And, Mr The Cheese, I just watched a fade pull a task of "BOT_TASK_CHANGE_WEAPON" to an acid rocket, when not even 2 hives were up, then switch to "BOT_TASK_NORMAL_ATTACK" and freak out at both a CC and a marine without shooting anything, cause he didnt have that weapon yet..
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post May 6 2005, 11:35 AM
Post #70

Admin

how do you know it was an acid rocket? I have checks in to make sure the bots have the weapons given to me from NS developers
+Quote Post
LordSkitch
post May 6 2005, 05:55 PM
Post #71

I cuddle with my bots.

Cause his hands went away, and his little acid rocket doohickey came out, and he stopped attacking and just sorta ran around psychotically when he changed over to the attack task..
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post May 10 2005, 07:47 PM
Post #72

Admin

weird I dunno, whenever I'm testing they shoot the acid rocket fine, although thats in combat mode, I guess you were playing an NS_ map?
+Quote Post
LordSkitch
post May 10 2005, 08:03 PM
Post #73

I cuddle with my bots.

Affirmative. It was on ns_caged
+Quote Post
LordSkitch
post May 19 2005, 06:41 AM
Post #74

I cuddle with my bots.

user posted image blink.gif

Alright, how do I figure out where the memory leak is?

Hooray for the extra gig of ram I bought for the server! laugh.gif
+Quote Post
Gruuunt
post May 19 2005, 06:44 AM
Post #75

Advanced Moron

Member No.: 143

Oh is that what a memory leak is? I thought it was the amount of plugins I was using... wink.gif

Blimey Skitchy - how much memory have you got in that animal?
+Quote Post
LordSkitch
post May 19 2005, 09:57 AM
Post #76

I cuddle with my bots.

1.5gb until I can rip it all out and put in 3gb... I have a few things I want to buy before I upgrade my server more though.. rolleyes.gif

welder,kitchenaidmixer,w? sthofcleaver,cuisanartfoodprocessor,lotsandlotsofchainmailsupplies,leathersuppli
es,layer2switch,planetickettomichigan, and various other things!
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post May 23 2005, 01:18 PM
Post #77

Admin

Just a note that I've updated the beta dlls at http://filebase.bots-united.com

noticed a bug with some of the learning stuff
also an attempt to solve the braindead bug (that skitchy already tried tongue.gif)
+Quote Post
Mad_Scientist
post May 24 2005, 01:09 AM
Post #78

Member No.: 534

i just looked over their for the files and it shows the last updates in 2004 is this still the old dlls or is the date thing wrong? Or is it for RCBot 2? Wouldn't that be in the rcbot 2 fourm tho?
+Quote Post
LordSkitch
post May 24 2005, 01:53 AM
Post #79

I cuddle with my bots.

RCBot 2 is for half-life 2

The date added thing is when the file was first added, for some reason the filebase doesn't say when the file was last updated. You gotta download the file and check yourself... but the link to the latest RCBot beta for HL1 is http://filebase.bots-united.com/index.php?action=file&id=205

And.. after 6ish hours, they still went braindead.. but I was an idiot and didn't check to see if the memory leak was fixed.
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post May 24 2005, 04:32 PM
Post #80

Admin

I still haven't found the braindead/memory leak bug yet. Perhaps its only very slowly over time it happens, i.e I'd need to debug for hours! That's the problem because I designed the bots really for ppl to play on a LAN and that's what I test. As soon as you want to get into an internet server, that wants to run for days without interruption, thats where the problems begin!
+Quote Post

16 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:57 PM