Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Some bugs, Not sure if they are limited to TF2, but I only use TF2
Deathreus
post Oct 12 2015, 10:31 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,415

I installed everything manually and to every last point in the instructions, and the bot runs fine, but on my TF2 plugin testing server(I write sourcemod plugins) when I type rcbot addbot, it prints "Adding bot...", but nothing happens, however when I do rcbot config max_bots 24 they do start adding, but they will stop being added at some point, and I know it's still trying to add the bots because any time it adds a bot viewmodels on weapons glitch and twitch about for a frame, this is happening but no bots appear.

It's random how many bots it will add successfully, but I can seem to get the most bots to join by incrementing max_bots 1 at a time, and sometimes if I try again a few minutes later they will be able to add again. There's no sort of logs that I can discern unless it prints out to the client console(Or server console), but then I can't retrieve that later.

The bots files are next to the tf folder in the server folder, and the dll is inside addons, with a vdf pointing to it in addons/metamod, if it helps to know that

Also a suggestion: Medics are almost useless, they don't hold down healing on a single target, and they often heal in rapid short spurts, or just stare at you doing nothing
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Nightc0re
post Oct 16 2015, 09:28 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 2,397

QUOTE(Deathreus @ Oct 13 2015, 12:31 AM) *
I installed everything manually and to every last point in the instructions, and the bot runs fine, but on my TF2 plugin testing server(I write sourcemod plugins) when I type rcbot addbot, it prints "Adding bot...", but nothing happens, ...

This bug is caused by an multi-core / multi-thread environment and a fussy function to execute server commands.
I've fixed both issues in my new release, which can be found here.
+Quote Post
Deathreus
post Oct 21 2015, 08:32 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,415

QUOTE(Nightc0re @ Oct 16 2015, 05:28 AM) *

This bug is caused by an multi-core / multi-thread environment and a fussy function to execute server commands.
I've fixed both issues in my new release, which can be found here.

Why thank you good sir, you do great work
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2024 - 12:01 AM