Reply to this topicStart new topic
> RCBot Crashing, ...or helping something to cause crashes
LordSkitch
post Apr 16 2004, 10:48 PM
Post #1

I cuddle with my bots.

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 291

I'm probably a retard or somethin, but my NS 3 beta3 server will crash fairly constantly while running RCBot. Lemme list what its got in it, don't laugh, I'm waiting for new parts to replace this horrible thing.

Windows XP Pro SP1
Duron 1.3ghz
512 PC133 god knows what kinda RAM
20GB Core Drive
80GB File Server Drive
Natural Selection 3 Beta 3

After I get in the new parts, it'll be..
Windows 2003 Server Enterprise
Thunderbird 1.58ghz
1gb PC133 Corsair/Kingston
80GB Core
120GB File Server

And on these servers, I'll have
HL Steam
WhichBot v0.91
RCBot v1.3
Metamod v1.17

Anyhow, the important information, sifting through the error logs, I've come across this stuff:

Faulting application hlds.exe, version 4.1.1.1, faulting module ns.dll, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00036251.

Faulting application hlds.exe, version 4.1.1.1, faulting module swds.dll, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x000b464c.

Thats listed for the HLDS crashes, it's only those two that come up...
And Dr Watson comes up with stuff like this:

The application, C:\Servers\HLSteam Server\hlds.exe, generated an application error The error occurred on 04/15/2004 @ 16:31:57.257 The exception generated was c0000005 at address 072B522D (ns!CBasePlayerItem__DestroyItem)

The application, C:\Servers\HLSteam Server\hlds.exe, generated an application error The error occurred on 04/15/2004 @ 02:16:34.298 The exception generated was c0000005 at address 07296251 (ns!CBasePlayer__PlayerDeathThink)

The application, C:\Servers\HLSteam Server\hlds.exe, generated an application error The error occurred on 04/14/2004 @ 15:49:08.235 The exception generated was c0000005 at address 0362464C (swds!vgui__Frame__operator=)

Those appear randomly, but those are the only ones that pop up.
The crashes occur anywhere from 4 minutes to 10 hours apart, I can't figure out just what the FSCK is causing these errors though...

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Sandman[SA]
post Apr 17 2004, 04:37 AM
Post #2

RCBot Waypointer

Member No.: 19

Have you tried upgrading your metamod.dll to v1.17a? It can be found here: metamod v1.17a for NS 3.0 beta series
+Quote Post
LordSkitch
post Apr 17 2004, 05:09 AM
Post #3

I cuddle with my bots.

I'm actually running 1.17a, but the version I had on my server was modified at 6am, and the one i just downloaded was done at 12pm of the same day, so maybe I got some jacked up copy of metamod.. I'll try it and let you guys know.
+Quote Post
LordSkitch
post Apr 17 2004, 09:54 AM
Post #4

I cuddle with my bots.

Damn! Seemed to be going rather nicely, but then it crashed, and I got a

Faulting application hlds.exe, version 4.1.1.1, faulting module swds.dll, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x000b464c.

I'll see what it does overnight.

+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Apr 17 2004, 02:58 PM
Post #5

Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

if its a crash in rcbot.dll , its an rcbot fault, otherwise it is most likely the dlls fault (hlds.exe & swds.dll = dedicated server, ns.dll = natural selection) unless one of the bot dlls are corrupting memory in those applications somehow. If the game runs fine WITHOUT rcbot running, you should post a problem. You are running which bot as well as metamod which could also cause crashes as well as rcbot.
+Quote Post
LordSkitch
post Apr 17 2004, 10:00 PM
Post #6

I cuddle with my bots.

Ive had the server running for like 25 days with no problems, then I installed Whichbot and ran it for 5 or so days with no problem, then I installed RCbot, and it's crashed fairly constantly. Granted, it might not be RCbot crashing it, it could be a combination of RC and Whichbot, or somethin completely unrelated to all of it. I guess the real test would be to disable RCbot again and see if it'll crash. I'll let you guys know what I find...

In the mean time, I think I'm gonna make a front-end for RCbot to edit all the settings... cause granted, I'm fine doing text editing in INI files, but I get bored easily and want to program tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Gruuunt
post Apr 17 2004, 10:50 PM
Post #7

Advanced Moron

Group: Waypointers
Member No.: 143

I have that problem in win2k as well as XP, I use serverdoc to do a reboot at crash time, sad to say clients are used to it.... sigh
+Quote Post
LordSkitch
post Apr 18 2004, 02:45 AM
Post #8

I cuddle with my bots.

Do you see any similarities in the hardware between our systems? What kinda stuff do you have in your server?
+Quote Post
Sandman[SA]
post Apr 18 2004, 03:31 AM
Post #9

RCBot Waypointer

It could be hlds does not have enough available memory, ( 32mb by default ) try adding this to your target line:
CODE
-heapsize 64000

See if that helps.
+Quote Post
LordSkitch
post Apr 18 2004, 09:24 AM
Post #10

I cuddle with my bots.

I launch HLDS via the Steam HLDS Launcher, but I'm all drugged up on sleeping pills so ill try it tomorrow.
+Quote Post
Sandman[SA]
post Apr 18 2004, 10:12 PM
Post #11

RCBot Waypointer

QUOTE (LordSkitch @ Apr 18 2004, 09:24 AM)
I launch HLDS via the Steam HLDS Launcher, but I'm all drugged up on sleeping pills so ill try it tomorrow.

No wonder your crashing like drunk drivers on a holiday. That's not a real "dedicated" server, that's a "wanna-be" server. Get the official steam dedicated server here: Get Steam NOW!
+Quote Post
LordSkitch
post Apr 19 2004, 03:27 AM
Post #12

I cuddle with my bots.

Hehe, like I said, I was on sleeping pills. I DO use the HLDS launcher, "HLDS.EXE", I've been using the dedicated server and I've had it patched up and all that fun jazz. I guess in my druggy stupor, it didn't connect to put

"C:\Servers\HLSteam Server\hlds.exe" -heapsize 64000

as the target on my shortcut.

I've had RCbot offline for around 24 hours now, and I haven't had any crashes, so I'll try this heapsize thing and see if that fixes it.

I've even tried putting on different plugins, including the rather nice JPNerf plugin, keeps punks from whoring out the jetpack/HMG combo and never dying.

So as of now, RCBot is back on with the 64000 heapsize. Let's see what happens.
+Quote Post
Sandman[SA]
post Apr 19 2004, 07:19 AM
Post #13

RCBot Waypointer

Want to make life running a dedicated hlds steam server a LOT easyer? Change your hlds shortcut target line to something like this:

CODE
C:\Servers\HLSteam Server\hlds.exe" -console -game nsp +map ns_eclipse -maxplayers 10 -heapsize 64000

Feel free to copy and paste it and just edit the maxplayer limit and the starting map to your likings. Also, with my target line, you can use something like serverdoc to restart your server in the event of a crash. biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
LordSkitch
post Apr 19 2004, 09:03 PM
Post #14

I cuddle with my bots.

It was lookin like it was fine, about 3 hours after I started it up, it crashed, so I bumped the heapsize up to 128000 and about 2 hours after that it crashed again.

I realize you can do it all in a DOS window, actually I've gotten used to having the GUI on there, I know, it's fruity, but whatever.

I started it up in the dos mode, and a rather interesting thing happened, I dunno if it's important or not but the window got a little spammy with:
CODE
[RCBOT>] BUG: GetClientRep(): No Rep for pClient (id: 0) Report bugs to : Cheeseh (cheeseh@rcbot.net)

And then after a while it gave me 30 or so of these:
CODE
Unable to create bot, createFakeClient failed

All of this probably means I'm a freakin' moron and I installed it wrong, and if I installed it right, it'd work just fine. But if I did install it wrong, I don't know what I did wrong, cause it's not exactly hard to install it... extract it to the root HL server directory, and put a call in the metamod config to ..\whatever\whatever.

The whole thing of this, I mean I could write a program to restart the server in the event of a crash, I could even make it all fancy and whatnot, but I don't want it to crash. I want to figure out the problem, and solve it, so in the event other people have the problem, the answer to their question is waiting for them. Stop-gap measures are good for the short term, but I don't like to just cover up problems with duct-tape and forget about em. Thats what I do to my car... tape up the brake calipers and whatnot. biggrin.gif not really tongue.gif

It's spamming out .. around.. another 75 of those
CODE
Unable to create bot, createFakeClient failed

messages again.

Oh, and another thing, I don't think I should put this here, it should go in a different forum, but the
CODE
rcbot config marine_auto_build 1

thing doesn't work for me, ever. I haven't gotten that to work once, and I only use maps that have waypoints. Except for ns_metal, and I'm doing my own waypoints for that one to try and learn how to do it, gotten it working pretty good I might add.

Anyways, I got a bunch of work to do for a stupid TBA class thats due Tuesday, so I better get crackin' on it.
+Quote Post
LordSkitch
post Apr 20 2004, 12:49 AM
Post #15

I cuddle with my bots.

Well, the server crashed again, and unfortunately, the DOS box didn't give me any insight as to what could be causing it. I was hoping since it was outputting the bugs, it would tell me something it wasn't with the steam front-end. As I randomly peeked in on it, I did see this...
CODE

[RCBOT>] BUG: Caution : BotChat() Can't find pClient to talk to (Probably a bot fell/drowned/died from worldspawn) Report bugs to : Cheeseh (cheeseh@rcbot.net)

And I doubt you care about that, but it said to report them, and if I send it to your email address, it'd probably piss you off more. Cause I'm more than sure you guys are getting tired of me posting on yer forums about something you don't give a tumbling FSCK about lol.

Anyways, I need to get back to this homework crap... isn't college supposed to be the "best years of our lives"? College is a pain in the ass.
+Quote Post
Sandman[SA]
post Apr 20 2004, 03:47 AM
Post #16

RCBot Waypointer

Well, so far I have found that the command:
CODE
rcbot config marine_auto_build 1

in the bot_config.ini was causing my ns 2.01 dedicated server to crash randomly and without warning (no error messages). It could run as long a 6 hours and as short as 6 minutes. A small problem that should be looked into more closely. But in the meen time, I would suggest removing that command for now.

The "No Rep for pClient" and "Can't find pClient to talk to" messages can be ignored as for they are just debug messages. A quick cure for that would be to delete the bot_playerids.ini file and clean out the botprofiles folder of ALL .rcr and .brn files. DO NOT DELETE THE.INI FILES! All the other files will be automaticly recreated after map change or server restart.

I have seen the "createFakeClient failed" message only once but can't remember what caused it or how to cure it. You'll just have to wait for cheeseh to reply to that one.
+Quote Post
LordSkitch
post Apr 20 2004, 05:55 AM
Post #17

I cuddle with my bots.

Alrighty, I took out the auto build thingy, maybe itll fix it.
+Quote Post
LordSkitch
post Apr 21 2004, 07:57 AM
Post #18

I cuddle with my bots.

Still crashin' im about to freak out. lol
+Quote Post
LordSkitch
post May 2 2004, 06:57 PM
Post #19

I cuddle with my bots.

Alright, I got an idea, can a few of you who have stable servers running RCBot send me either your log files, or a sampling your configuration files, so I can see if I got a setting jacked up somewhere?
+Quote Post
Sandman[SA]
post May 3 2004, 01:38 AM
Post #20

RCBot Waypointer

Here is my liblist.gam. Notice the gamedll lines? The one in bold text is active.

game "Natural Selection"

url_info "www.natural-selection.org"

url_dl "http://www.natural-selection.org/"

version "v2.0"

size "165000000"

svonly "0"

secure "0"

cldll "cl_dlls\client.dll"

hlversion "1110"

// How to allow training but disable "New game"?
type "multiplayer_only"

// Don't show models in browser
nomodels "1"
nohimodel "1"

// Only show NS-compliant maps
mpentity "info_mapinfo"

// Using HPB_bot support for now
//gamedll "dlls\ns.dll"
//gamedll "../rcbot/dlls/rcbot.dll"
gamedll "addons\metamod\dlls\metamod.dll"

// Training map
//trainmap "ns_training"

And here is my addons/metamod/plugins.ini. Notice the rcbot entry in bold text.

win32 addons/amx/dlls/amx_mm.dll
win32 addons/amx/dlls/fun_ms.dll
win32 addons/amx/dlls/xtrafun_ms.dll
win32 addons/whichbot/dlls/whichbot.dll
win32 ../rcbot/dlls/rcbot_mm.dll
win32 dlls/phase_eq.dll
win32 dlls/unstuck_mm.dll
win32 dlls/chatvariables_mm.dll
win32 dlls/audiotracking.dll
win32 dlls/lerklift.dll
win32 dlls/selfweld.dll
win32 dlls/gorgeres.dll

And here is my rcbot/bot_config.ini.

config commanding 0
config wait_for_orders 0
config dont_shoot 0
config chatting 1
config real_mode 1
config max_bots -1
config min_bots -1
config gorge_amount 0.4
config bot_stuck_speed -1
config update_ladder_time 0.0
# max path revs, the lower the setting
# the better CPU performance in the
# path finding algorithm, but it takes
# longer to find paths.
config max_path_revs 100
config max_update_vision_revs 150
config update_vision_time 0.07
# config marine_auto_build 1
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 10:55 PM