Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Waypoint Additions and Bot Behaviour, additions that involve waypoints
Sjru
post Jul 12 2009, 11:34 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,567

Hi, what about a more efficient defend waypoint.
It's just because when i add defend to a waypoint, much bots stack there, making the defend useless (since bots cannot attack very well when stacked).
Im wondering something like a defend area for some classes, like the main stairs in 2fort for the heavy (i think heavy is more efficient defending) or an area for the stickies of the demoman.
Also, bots concentrating fire on flag carriers (the intel carriers, by the way) and following them.

EDIT: Also I would like to prevent the medics from using the resupply cabinets if their ubercharge is about to half, (Because resupply also resets the ubercharge). If possible, they can try to use any nearby healthkit, and only use the resupplys on emergency.
Also, it would be great to make the bots remember the last time when they died by a sentry, so when they go there, they face the right direction of the sentry.
Later you could make the bots to use some strategy, like the demomans shot bombs behind the corner (if the sentry is near a corner) or bots trying to go away from sentrys, not running to them. (I saw scouts running to the sentry to destroy it, dying thoug)

Also could you add a melee mode?, to add support to melee specific maps, because in those maps, players loses primary and secundary weapons and just keep melee, but the bots seems to lose their weapon, but they dont change to melee, thus looking like the civilian bug thing, and i have to use a scrip i made to force them use melee (but it requires cheats on)

Soldiers should not use too much their shotguns in fight, instead go back a bit to use the RPG in a safer way.
Heavys should try to get closer to their target and then try to fight, because i see them shoting from far away, so they dont cause much damage, ending without ammo, and later dying.

I think also medics should focus on healing rather than fighting, they heal the 20% of the time, and in arena maps 1 round they heal but the other round they just fight. Also they are ineffective in range fight because they don't calculate the distance well and thus their nailgun arc before hitting (sorry if i didn't exprese very well, i'm still studying english).
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Fillmore
post Jul 13 2009, 02:05 PM
Post #2

RCBot Guru

Group: Waypointers
Member No.: 1,511

Add a waypoint type that makes the demomen actually use their stickybombs.
Also add a waypoint type that only pyros use,for ambushing enemies,if it's possible. <--- Not related to editing, and Sjru mentioned the sticky thing. Add a type for PL maps that marks the stage used for that section, setplstage 1,for example. I can't think of anything that needs added because I'm fine with the waypoint editing as it is biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
assface
post Sep 18 2009, 01:38 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 1,580

I wonder if a Engie could destroy his stuff so he could move up? Maybe after a cap. I swear I saw a Engie blow up his teleenterance. It would also be cool if you could get the bots to use the teleporters. I tried putting crouch waypoints around it but they didn't crouch. I even tried to make the waypoints make them go back and forth over the the teleporter but they still just ran over it. --At least it will always be charged for you!

I also wondered if there could ever be a dispenser waypoint givetype? I might have read about someone asking this already, but I still had to ask.
+Quote Post
Cheeseh
post Sep 18 2009, 08:01 AM
Post #4

Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(assface @ Sep 18 2009, 02:38 AM) *

I wonder if a Engie could destroy his stuff so he could move up? Maybe after a cap. I swear I saw a Engie blow up his teleenterance. It would also be cool if you could get the bots to use the teleporters. I tried putting crouch waypoints around it but they didn't crouch. I even tried to make the waypoints make them go back and forth over the the teleporter but they still just ran over it. --At least it will always be charged for you!

I also wondered if there could ever be a dispenser waypoint givetype? I might have read about someone asking this already, but I still had to ask.

The bots did use telepoters fine before a bug appeared which needs to be fixed.

EngiEs blow up their tele entrance when their spawn changes so they can create a new one.

we would need sone sort of intelligence to decide when to blow up the sentry

I thought if a dispenser waypoint before and changing the sentry waypoint to have 2 states eg tank sentry (sentry plus disp) or just sentry on it's own and use nearest or random dispenser waypoint
+Quote Post
assface
post Sep 18 2009, 10:36 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 1,580

QUOTE(Cheeseh @ Sep 18 2009, 01:01 AM) *

The bots did use telepoters fine before a bug appeared which needs to be fixed.

EngiEs blow up their tele entrance when their spawn changes so they can create a new one.

we would need sone sort of intelligence to decide when to blow up the sentry

I thought if a dispenser waypoint before and changing the sentry waypoint to have 2 states eg tank sentry (sentry plus disp) or just sentry on it's own and use nearest or random dispenser waypoint

I would love see a dispenser waypoint, the sentry states sounds awesome too!! Wish I was smart enough to fix some bugs and help out but.....
+Quote Post
Fillmore
post Sep 19 2009, 04:54 PM
Post #6

RCBot Guru

Group: Waypointers
Member No.: 1,511

QUOTE(assface @ Sep 18 2009, 10:36 PM) *

I would love see a dispenser waypoint, the sentry states sounds awesome too!! Wish I was smart enough to fix some bugs and help out but.....

I agree with the dispenser thing,bots will use it to get health and ammo and Engie bots won't make their dispensers just to turtle easier.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:00 AM